Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun: The Swimsuit Edition
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Kyoto Kid
...by admin request this is to continue the discussion on the Shadowrun, Swimsuit Edition.

<edit: details>

QUOTE (Knasser)
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)

...still pretty effective. Look what they did to Flechette, now that is pretty useless unless you plan to shoot up a swimsuit competition.

...just had a terrible thought...the Shadowrun Swimsuit Edition...such horror...the in[meta]humanity of it all...aghhhhh! eek.gif

Now that's a great idea. We should get all the artistically talented people around here to do a swimsuit edition of Shadowrun. It would be a cool, and ridiculously funny project.

Yes - I'm serious!

...Squinky, you up to it?

HolyChampion, how about you?

I'll volunteer a couple-three characters...grinbig.gif
odinson
I could do stick figures in swimsuits.
Fabe
A Shadowrun swimsuit edition, sure, why not? a troll in a speedo is just what the world needs (sarcasm) ohplease.gif
fistandantilus4.0
What kind of pics were you thinking? You mean like the troll street sam in board shorts and the elven female face in a bikini?
nathanross
I really want to see this, especially if they do orks, trolls and dwarves well. rotfl.gif

elves and humans are just boring. I want to see dem dermal deposits.
Spike
I never, in all my days, ever thought I'd say this...

... but now I really want to see a Troll in a Speedo.

Seriously.
knasser
Okay. Looks like we might actually have some interest. Here's a proposal to see if we're all aiming for the same thing.

Draw a (meta)human in swimwear posing as a model - exactly as if it really were some sexy Shadowrun trid show. I'd been thinking women, but then I'm a straight male, actually men or women would fit, so long as they're model quality. What that means for trolls, I'm not exactly sure, but I can't wait to see people's efforts.

They don't need to be "characters." Just whatever the artist conceives of in the Shadowrun world. Ensemble pieces would also work.

There is also no limit to the number of elf girls in bikinis that may be submitted. Bonus points to anyone who can do a sexy looking ork or dwarf.

If people are okay with it, and we can generate enough artwork, I will lay out all the pictures as an actual model portfolio in PDF for us to download. Possibly write a quick bio to be submitted with each picture along standard lines: e.g. Model name, age, metatype, nationality.

I see a lot of people downloading this. biggrin.gif

Well?
Larsine
I'm pretty sure some old April edition of either Challenge or White Wolf magazines had a swimsuit edition, which included art for Shadowrun. I'll look through my cellar later today, and see what I can dig up.

Lars
SuperFly
I think this is a fantastic idea!

Kyoto Kid
...OK Here re the characters I will "Volunteer"

Markova: Dwarf - Original pic: @Squinky
Lana Lane: Elf - Original pic @HolyChampion
Tomoe: Human - Original pic: @Squinky
...and of course, KK: Human Original pic: @Squinky & @HolyChampion.

QUOTE (Fabe)
A Shadowrun swimsuit edition, sure, why not? a troll in a speedo is just what the world needs (sarcasm)  ohplease.gif

QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig)
...thanks a lot. Now the pictures of Trolls going YMCA will torment my waking hours... dead.gif

...hehhehheh
fistandantilus4.0
Linkage?

Maybe I'm just lazy, ok maybe I'm being generous with "maybe", but I hate digging.

Pick one out KK and I'll draw one. Maybe that'll at least get the ball rolling.
Kyoto Kid
...Fisty? I didn't know you drew. Any samples?

I'll provide links (hopefully) to the various pics. (having issues with our citywide free wifi taking over and crashing my normal connection so this may take time)
Kyoto Kid
links to the character pics:

Markova

Lana Lane

Tomoe

KK

And Squinky's take on my Bushido Cowgirl

KK-II

In testing the links the ones to Markova and Squinky's KK keep timing out. I think it is due to the interference I am dealing with.

...hmm too many competing nodes...signal interference...signal pollution definitely could be an issue in 2070.
Jaid
incidentally, you can © stuff instead of @ing it, KK nyahnyah.gif

(just quote me to see the method)
fistandantilus4.0
So KK, which one would you like me to do?
Kyoto Kid
...heck, let's start with the elf babe - Lana Lane - Charisma 8 (SR3)
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Jaid)
incidentally, you can © stuff instead of @ing it, KK nyahnyah.gif

(just quote me to see the method)

..actually was using the @ to reference their art threads. I do know how to use the © and ™ and ®.

As I mentioned to fistandantilus3.0, I have been having some connectivity issues and often find myself knocked offline because of signal pollution in my neighbourhood. For some reason, the metro-wide wifi keeps trying to usurp the link I have with another service. I am unable to get into the utility to change its connection status from Automatic to Manual.
knasser
Ah, KK. None of those are actually SWIMSUITS or model poses. There are already three threads in which people can request portraits of their characters (which you have been bumping for responses pretty much every other day, incidentally). The idea of this was simply to do sexy pictures of Shadowrun races. Not another character request thread. I personally would just like to see the artists come up with some sexy (meta)humans.
fistandantilus4.0
Ok then, what I'll do is, I'll do one of KK's, I'll do the troll male in board shorts, and either an ork or dwarf female. Preference Knasser?
knasser
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Ok then, what I'll do is, I'll do one of KK's, I'll do the troll male in board shorts, and either an ork or dwarf female. Preference Knasser?

Do whatever inspires you and that you reckon you can make sexy. But seriously, anything is good if it is Shadowrun and sexy swimsuit / model pose.
fistandantilus4.0
Ok, I'll see what I can put out in a couple of days. I hate rushing drawing. That, and I've been promising my wife Id sketch out one of her new characters, and I owe Grinder one, and I need to bust out a revised char sheet for a game soon. I'll not it here when I've got a few up. I'll probably post them on DeviantArt or somesuch, then post the link.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (knasser @ May 5 2007, 02:23 PM)
Ah, KK. None of those are actually SWIMSUITS or model poses. There are already three threads in which people can request portraits of their characters (which you have been bumping for responses pretty much every other day, incidentally). The idea of this was simply to do sexy pictures of Shadowrun races. Not another character request thread. I personally would just like to see the artists come up with some sexy (meta)humans.

...don't see why it can't include both actual characters and generic models. It's all just for fun anyway. There are a number of other characters on the art threads which I think would be interesting subjects.

Regarding bumping the art threads. I like to see what these other artists are doing. I used to be an illustrator until severe arthritis basically caused me to pretty much call it quits. In HC's thread, I do not even have a an upcoming request in the queue and have even requested to have my character's pushed back on Squinky's queue.

The art links I provided were for a visual reference for fistandantilus.
fistandantilus4.0
The links I appreciate. I asked for them after all. smile.gif It would be better with the links to the page with the description however.

As for thread bumping, I've held off on saying anything on those so far. There was a point however where it was almost an entire page of
"thread bump. Didn't want it to go off page 1"

That isn't cool. I've only let that be because then the artists get a chance to get more requests. You could cut back a bit though. I think everyone's seen them enough, and the OP can always bring it back up after a week or so of inactivity if they'd like.
Squinky
I know I have other stuff to draw, and other people waiting on me, but man, sign me up for an ork babe and possibly a troll girl.

I love drawing ork women, to hell with those skinny elves, those tuskers are teh sexeh.

smile.gif

Edit--------------------

What sizes are we looking for? Any preffered file type?

Thanks!
knasser
QUOTE (Squinky)
I know I have other stuff to draw, and other people waiting on me, but man, sign me up for an ork babe and possibly a troll girl.

I love drawing ork women, to hell with those skinny elves, those tuskers are teh sexeh.

smile.gif

Fantastic! I can't wait to see what your sexy ork babe looks like. Troll girl will be great too!

The more I think about this, the better it gets. There's still a stigma from earlier editions of orks and trolls being scabarous, mishapen grotesques in the artwork which was never backed up by the actual text. It'll be great to hand players "Shadowrun Swimsuit" and give them a bit of a counter-balance.
knasser
QUOTE (Squinky @ May 5 2007, 10:38 PM)
Edit--------------------

What sizes are we looking for? Any preffered file type?

Thanks!

If I'm to be compiling these all into a PDF, then I'm not too bothered on choice of format and size. I have the graphics tools to properly size any images and put them in any required format. So in that regard, the greater the resolution and larger the image the better. But whatever, really... Email me the original scan and post the jpeg in your normal places, if you like. I'll preserve whatever degree of quality I'm given to the best of my cubic interpolations. wink.gif
hyzmarca
A female troll in a thong bikini laying across the hood of a sportscar with an assault rifle.
fistandantilus4.0
Sadly I suck at cars. The rest I can do. Chicks with guns huh?
hyzmarca
The three Bigs. Big Cars, Big Guns, and Big Boobies. Every swimsuit calender needs them. smokin.gif
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
The links I appreciate. I asked for them after all. smile.gif It would be better with the links to the page with the description however.

As for thread bumping, I've held off on saying anything on those so far. There was a point however where it was almost an entire page of
"thread bump. Didn't want it to go off page 1"

That isn't cool. I've only let that be because then the artists get a chance to get more requests. You could cut back a bit though. I think everyone's seen them enough, and the OP can always bring it back up after a week or so of inactivity if they'd like.

...unfortunately some of the character descriptions were done via PM. Don't know if I can link to those. I could go in and distill the basic info down & put it in [ spoiler ] tags.

...sorry for the frequent thread bumps. If things fall inactive for a long time I'll PM the OP instead.
fistandantilus4.0
@KK: How 'bout you just PM me a detailed description of the one you want done then?

@hyzmarca: Got it. cool.gif
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ May 6 2007, 12:31 AM)
@KK: How 'bout you just PM me a detailed description of the one you want done then?

@hyzmarca: Got it. cool.gif

...will send it tomorrow...have to sign off for the night pretty soon. Getting past my "Ronnie Reagan Sleepy" time
Blade
QUOTE (Squinky)
What sizes are we looking for?

I'd say at least a C cup for the orks, and bigger for the trolls...

Oh, you were talking about file size... embarrassed.gif
knasser
QUOTE (Blade)
QUOTE (Squinky @ May 5 2007, 11:38 PM)

rotfl.gif
Squinky
QUOTE (Blade)
QUOTE (Squinky @ May 5 2007, 11:38 PM)

Zing!
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Knasser)
Fantastic! I can't wait to see what your sexy ork babe looks like

...check out his pic of Marta.
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
QUOTE (Knasser)
Fantastic! I can't wait to see what your sexy ork babe looks like

...check out his pic of Marta.

Non linking bum. wink.gif
X-Kalibur
She's got nice guns spin.gif
Squinky
Heres a sketch I am working on, it's supposed to be an off duty Security guard ork gal. It has some issues, but thought I would throw something out in hopes of getting the ball rolling.

I still want to do another, at least smile.gif

Ork Guard sketch
knasser
QUOTE (Squinky)
Heres a sketch I am working on, it's supposed to be an off duty Security guard ork gal. It has some issues, but thought I would throw something out in hopes of getting the ball rolling.

I still want to do another, at least smile.gif

Ork Guard sketch

Oh wow! You just made orks sexy. Could this be the centrefold? And it's sooo Shadowrun what with the cyberleg. I can just see this on the locker of some Ares corp guard.

If this doesn't inspire a few more "model pose" art pieces from everyone, nothing will. Can't wait to see the finished work! And thank you for really "getting" the whole idea of this.
Rione
Shadowrun swimsuit edition.... sounds like fun! Found myself sketching out a quick swimsuit-clad lady ork while I contemplated working on a different project biggrin.gif

Anyway, here's my addition to the lot:
Esmerelda
Blade
Heh, I could try something in the style of my webcomic. But that'll require a picture to work from... And I don't like the idea of asking the girls I know "Can I take pictures of you in a sexy pose in a swimsuit? 'cause you see I have to do pictures of sexy orks and trolls for this project and..."

wobble.gif
odinson
you mean you ask girls before you take pictures of them in sexy swimsuit poses? wink.gif
tisoz
I thought Paradise Lost would have more swimsuit drawings, but it looks like it's limited to the ork surfer dude on page 70, well and the postergirl on the cover.
mfb
QUOTE (Blade @ May 12 2007, 04:36 AM)
Heh, I could try something in the style of my webcomic. But that'll require a picture to work from... And I don't like the idea of asking the girls I know "Can I take pictures of you in a sexy pose in a swimsuit? 'cause you see I have to do pictures of sexy orks and trolls for this project and..."

wobble.gif

you'd be surprised how many girls fall for--er, agree to that sort of offer, which is genuine and not a ruse to look at half-naked chicks.
knasser
QUOTE (Rione)
Shadowrun swimsuit edition.... sounds like fun! Found myself sketching out a quick swimsuit-clad lady ork while I contemplated working on a different project biggrin.gif

Anyway, here's my addition to the lot:
Esmerelda

That's a pretty impressive figure, Rione. And it's very different and Interesting style. It most certainly is appropriate for the portfolio. Thank you. Also just spent a merry quarter of an hour surfing through your stuff and your favourites on Deviant Art.

Don't forget, people - we can also have handsome, hard as rocks troll guys in swimming trunks, too. Just striving for equality here. smile.gif

That said, anyone fancy doing a magic wielding elf babe in a one-piece?

-K.
fistandantilus4.0
Almost done with my troll chica with the MHG that was requested. Troll guy on the way next.
Squinky
Rione, really like the illustration. Awesomeness.

Here is my ork chick all inked. I took this opportunity to ink and tone with my pen tablet. Its a little sloopier currently than I am used to but it is a start, heh.

Squinky's Swimsuit Ork
nathanross
Dude, this thread ROCKS! More orks!
Rione
The gems are in all the details you put into your picture, Squinky - everything from the Ares helmet to the cyberware biggrin.gif

You mentioned you inked it w/ a tablet? Nice!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012