Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun: The Swimsuit Edition
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Shagu
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
But yeah, orks and trolls are very sexy. But, if you want to please a Troll woman then you must be a skilled horn-licker.

That's the thing about troll chicas...even though they can't really feel it, they often judge a man's hez by their ability to lick horns. If they approve, then it's on...if they think you did a respectable job, them maybe...if not, then they'll be more reluctant. And trust me...I've heard too many stories of guys getting seriously fragged up trying to advance further with a lady troll that wasn't interested in them.

Orks on the other hand...if you can find the right spot on the neck and bite down gently(especially if you're a fellow tusk), they'll melt in your arms. Then it is really on...hope you don't have anything to do in the morning after that!

--
Kan Kugarugu, Orkrunner for hire
icharbezol
@ the collective artists with their stuff on dA...

All of you have some great stuff, I'm really impressed. I have an account there as well (I write crap, no drawing skills to speak of), was going to look through your stuff there this morning when I found this thread, but it's in read-only right now so now faves or watches yet.

I will give it a try later today though!

Cheers, and see you around on dA probably smile.gif
Kyleigh Wester
haha, i'd volunteer Ikasu to this for sure! No shirt, swimming trunks, a six pack, and of course a gun. Can see it now. If some crazy person actually wants to draw my character for this thing, I can add a description and a picture he's already had done.
Jhaiisiin
I got bored and tossed together a couple sketches today. So here's what I've got so far:

Female Orc
Male Troll w/(short) human for size comparison)
Dwarveseseses!
nathanross
@Kyoto Kid, I really like the Leela sketch, Id love to see KK, and Violet would be good, just a bit to Loli me thinks! wink.gif
Fuchs
Beach Scene

Since it fits...
Fortune
You saved Jhaiisiin from the dilemma of whether to revive this thread or not. wink.gif biggrin.gif
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (nathanross)
@Kyoto Kid, I really like the Leela sketch, Id love to see KK, and Violet would be good, just a bit to Loli me thinks! wink.gif

...funny, I never caught this response...

Well Squinky did a pretty darn good NSFW pic of the Short one and more recently of her & Skate.

As to Violet, would take a lot to get her to pose in a swimsuit. Just not her gig & besides takes away valuable time from more important pursuits like playing Miracle Shooter® or backwards engineering the latest prototype she just heist- er- acquired. grinbig.gif
Jhaiisiin
AHHH! UNDEAD THREAD!

wink.gif
Glyph
Excellent. The cybermancy was a success. Now this thread can generate its own background count. cyber.gif
Kyoto Kid
...hmmm...

Cyberzombie...+...Swimsuit...=...Scary... cyber.gif eek.gif
InfinityzeN
Even more Cyberzombie... So what ever happen to that PDF?

(actually I just wanted to give a bump, try to get the artist working again, and go through all the pics that I couldn't see at work)
Jhaiisiin
You *do* know it gets dangerous going this far below zero essence, right? wink.gif
knasser
QUOTE (InfinityzeN @ Jan 28 2009, 09:11 PM) *
Even more Cyberzombie... So what ever happen to that PDF?

(actually I just wanted to give a bump, try to get the artist working again, and go through all the pics that I couldn't see at work)

Well, I never quite finished it. But the work in progress is here. biggrin.gif

I have a few more art pieces to go in that people gave me and I know that there are a couple of attributions missing and I'm sorry about that - I'll go back and sort this out when I have a moment. But we still need more artwork for this. Anyone feel like contributing a few more? smile.gif

And in other news, I am not dead.

K.

EDIT: Corrected the link to the Shadowrun: Swimsuit Edition. (Missed the .pdf off the link).
toturi
QUOTE (knasser @ Feb 4 2009, 05:04 AM) *
And in other news, I am not dead.

K.

Yet. We all die eventually. Unless you be Immor(t)al Elf like some people we know.
Tomothy
Drew this for the recent thread about Female Trolls... though I guess it's not really swimsuit material.

Meanwhile the pdf is LOLsome.
Neraph
QUOTE (Fabe @ May 4 2007, 09:52 PM) *
A Shadowrun swimsuit edition, sure, why not? a troll in a speedo is just what the world needs (sarcasm) ohplease.gif

On it.
knasser
QUOTE (toturi @ Feb 4 2009, 07:23 AM) *
Yet. We all die eventually. Unless you be Immor(t)al Elf like some people we know.

Or a Free Spirit! That's what I am, baby! wink.gif

@Neraph: Looking forward to Speedo Troll (we have to come up with a proper name for this new archetype).
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Tomothy @ Feb 4 2009, 08:41 AM) *
Drew this for the recent thread about Female Trolls... though I guess it's not really swimsuit material.

Meanwhile the pdf is LOLsome.

Is that sequential art showing how practicing tai chi will lead to muscular development?
kanislatrans
QUOTE (knasser @ Feb 6 2009, 07:40 AM) *
Or a Free Spirit! That's what I am, baby! wink.gif

@Neraph: Looking forward to Speedo Troll (we have to come up with a proper name for this new archetype).

Might I suggest Zoolander as an archtype name? grinbig.gif
Neraph
I'm going with the name Dermal Deposit Dan for the male troll in a speedo. I'm trying to make it look as good as I can.

EDIT: I'm also getting a little distracted on account of Darkfall.
Tomothy
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin @ Feb 7 2009, 11:22 AM) *
Is that sequential art showing how practicing tai chi will lead to muscular development?

I was aiming for "Imagine what her knife would do to his face."

But Tai Chi is cool too?
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Tomothy @ Feb 8 2009, 08:39 PM) *
I was aiming for "Imagine what her knife would do to his face."

But Tai Chi is cool too?

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11443
Squinky
QUOTE (Neraph @ Feb 8 2009, 11:21 AM) *
I'm going with the name Dermal Deposit Dan for the male troll in a speedo. I'm trying to make it look as good as I can.

EDIT: I'm also getting a little distracted on account of Darkfall.

Online games, the bane of artist production everywhere.....

Now excuse me while I load up Fallout 3....
Ogrebear
So what's the 'artistic' height for Trolls? The official height seems not to be the size most artists draw them at!
MYST1C
QUOTE (Ogrebear @ Feb 9 2009, 03:29 PM) *
So what's the 'artistic' height for Trolls? The official height seems not to be the size most artists draw them at!
Judging from the size of other (meta)humans depicted along, cars, doors, etc. most drawn trolls seem to be in the 2.1-2.3m range (read: one head taller than humans/elves/orks*) when they should be 2.5m (2.8 in SR1-3).

* Orks and elves are almost always drawn at the same height as humans although the race descriptions state that they should be taller - 1.75m vs. 1.9m...
Hagga
I prefer the height of the ones on the Sprawl Survival Guide, myself.

And call me crazy, but isn't the average height for a male human a flat six feet these days? Have I missed something, or has both school and life experience presented me with a false impression? I'm by no means tall at 183 and men shorter than I am is a fairly rare occurrence unless I travel to the BIG CITY.

pbangarth
QUOTE (Hagga @ Feb 12 2009, 03:21 PM) *
I prefer the height of the ones on the Sprawl Survival Guide, myself.

And call me crazy, but isn't the average height for a male human a flat six feet these days? Have I missed something, or has both school and life experience presented me with a false impression? I'm by no means tall at 183 and men shorter than I am is a fairly rare occurrence unless I travel to the BIG CITY.

Nutrition is a huge factor in height, so that could be a factor in a post-apocalyptic/ soy-hell future.

Could it be the tall ones are the ones who will express meta-human phenotypes when the mana comes?
Blade
Keep in mind that it's probably a worldwide statistics... And there are a lot of chinese out there.
Stahlseele
Take into account that when SR first came out people were usually smaller too . . with every two generations, people seem to be about 0,5 to 1 head taller . .
back when 1,9m used to be tall O.o
Blade
1,9m is still tall for normal people, you North-German giant! wink.gif
Synner667
QUOTE (MYST1C @ Feb 12 2009, 09:55 PM) *
Judging from the size of other (meta)humans depicted along, cars, doors, etc. most drawn trolls seem to be in the 2.1-2.3m range (read: one head taller than humans/elves/orks*) when they should be 2.5m (2.8 in SR1-3).

* Orks and elves are almost always drawn at the same height as humans although the race descriptions state that they should be taller - 1.75m vs. 1.9m...

In order for them to actually be anything other than people in funny clothes and no dfferent to everyone else I've always had Trolls at least 2.5m tall, Elves a litttle taller and thinner than Humans, Orks a little shorter and stocker than Humans, Dwarves a max of 1.5m tall.

Completely accurate ??
No, but much more in line with SR material. Much more likely to make racial differences visible (remember Trolls and Dwarves are usually unable to use Human standard items, which wouldn't be the case if they were just a little bit different from the average Human).

Plus I'm sick and tired of Players playing a Troll and then just playing a Human who can take lots of damage.
lordnth
Found this picture just a few weeks ago as my gaming group is just starting up a SR3 game.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/Lord...keUnderhill.jpg

While it's not Swimsuit, but then are any Swim Suit Editions really swimwear or just an excuse for something less while on the beach?
ShadowKat
I stumbled across these forums the other day while bored and searching for some equipment stats. I typically sketch all my characters and thought, '... Constance would sooo do a swimsuit shoot!' So here she is... be gentle this is my first post here.

Yes, I know.. another elf! I couldn't resist the chance to give my new CS4 a workout though! Will get some color on her soon. Might sketch up her phyad trainer, Troll, too...

Constance:
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg130/t...onstance_bw.jpg
Fleinhoy
Bizzarly enough one of the players in my group just started sketching the various characters while they were on a beach holiday, all in various beach/swimsiut and clothing holding coconut drinks. Don't think she's on DS, but I'll tick her on to posting them here, mainly because they're damned good.

On the meta height thing I think it's a bit of a leftover from the height/weight discrepancies in 1st ed, as those ratios made no sense at all. Another factor might be that people who normally count in feet and inches (possibly the writers?) have problems converting to meters and centimeters; for a while I played in a group where the GM constantly referred to my troll as being 7 feet tall when the correct conversion was more along the lines of 9 feet pluss...
MYST1C
QUOTE (Fleinhoy @ Feb 17 2009, 10:32 AM) *
Another factor might be that people who normally count in feet and inches (possibly the writers?) have problems converting to meters and centimeters
Actually, conversion error is a common way to explain the ridiculous weights of firearms smaller than SMGs in previous editions. Those weights only made sense when you interpreted them as being in pounds even though they had kilogram written on them (1kg = 2.2lb).
nylanfs
QUOTE (MYST1C @ Feb 17 2009, 08:38 AM) *
Actually, conversion error is a common way to explain the ridiculous weights of firearms smaller than SMGs in previous editions. Those weights only made sense when you interpreted them as being in pounds even though they had kilogram written on them (1kg = 2.2lb).

God I wish the US would just freaking switch (along with all the other countries in the world that haven't). I'm an engineer in the US and am constantly having to switch thinking between Imperial, Metric and Soft Metric (which for those of you unfamilier is a straight Imperial conversion no rounding (1in = 25.4mm)). Imperial only made sense when the majority of the population could only divide by two.
pbangarth
QUOTE (nylanfs @ Feb 17 2009, 03:07 PM) *
God I wish the US would just freaking switch (along with all the other countries in the world that haven't). I'm an engineer in the US and am constantly having to switch thinking between Imperial, Metric and Soft Metric (which for those of you unfamilier is a straight Imperial conversion no rounding (1in = 25.4mm)). Imperial only made sense when the majority of the population could only divide by two.

There was a Mars orbiter that crashed into Mars because someone calculated speed/trajectory/whatever using imperial, while someone else used metric.

Of course, the people over in ConspiracyX think there is another reason.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Feb 18 2009, 01:32 PM) *
There was a Mars orbiter that crashed into Mars because someone calculated speed/trajectory/whatever using imperial, while someone else used metric.

It's because Doom 3 was real. Duh.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (nylanfs @ Feb 17 2009, 05:07 PM) *

Technically, you'd be thinking in US Customary, not Imperial. US Customary and Imperial both derive from English units, but have some minor differences that make them incompatible. The US fluid ounce, for example, is larger than the imperial fluid ounce. And that can result in some problems if you're using specific volumes of fluids.
nylanfs
Yes I know, but I didn't want to get too technical and the majority of people refer to US Customary as Imperial if they aren't familier with both systems. Which still makes my point. smile.gif
pbangarth
QUOTE (nylanfs @ Feb 19 2009, 06:13 PM) *
Yes I know, but I didn't want to get too technical and the majority of people refer to US Customary as Imperial if they aren't familier with both systems. Which still makes my point. smile.gif

Ditto for me. Also, someone who a) is immersed in the metric system, and b) perceives the U.S. as an empire would naturally gravitate to use of the word 'imperial'. smile.gif
Neraph
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Feb 18 2009, 11:32 AM) *

Actually, what it was was the genius Americans (I'm an American, and I'm slightly embarrassed about this) used feet and pounds and whatnot, and the English that were co-working the probe used meters and kilos. I think it was the English who didn't label their work, and the Americans assumed feet/pounds.

I remember because I was in like 8th grade Science and my teacher was getting onto people about not labeling their work right when this happened. Then he was like "You see, you need to label your work."
knasser
QUOTE (Neraph @ Feb 20 2009, 03:28 PM) *
I remember because I was in like 8th grade Science and my teacher was getting onto people about not labeling their work right when this happened. Then he was like "You see, you need to label your work."

I'm sure some kid would have replied "Why? It obviously doesn't stop me getting a job at NASA." biggrin.gif I think it's a shame the UK changed decimalised their currency. With 240 pence to the pound it would be so much easier to work out restaurant bills. How prime factors does one-hundred have? 2 and 5. How many prime factors does two-hundred and forty have? 2, 3 and 5. Mind you, people just use the calculator on their phone so I guess mental arithmetic is obsolete.

QUOTE (ShadowKat)
Yes, I know.. another elf! I couldn't resist the chance to give my new CS4 a workout though! Will get some color on her soon. Might sketch up her phyad trainer, Troll, too...

Constance:
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg130/t...onstance_bw.jpg

I like this. Do post the coloured version when you're done and I'll include it in the finished Swimsuit magazine if you're okay with that?

QUOTE (Fleinhoy)
Bizzarly enough one of the players in my group just started sketching the various characters while they were on a beach holiday, all in various beach/swimsiut and clothing holding coconut drinks. Don't think she's on DS, but I'll tick her on to posting them here, mainly because they're damned good.

Please do! The more material we get the more we can do a decent Swimsuit Edition of Shadowrun. biggrin.gif
The Neutronium Alchemist
QUOTE (Neraph @ Feb 20 2009, 03:28 PM) *
Actually, what it was was the genius Americans (I'm an American, and I'm slightly embarrassed about this) used feet and pounds and whatnot, and the English that were co-working the probe used meters and kilos. I think it was the English who didn't label their work, and the Americans assumed feet/pounds.

There was no UK team involved in the Mars Orbiter mission. The probe was built by Lockheed Martin in Colorado, who used English units and were supposed to have converted them to metric but didn't, and operated by JPL in California (who use metric). It wasn't so much a case of failing to label the work as a case of Lockheed missing a step and NASA's internal quality checks failing to catch the error.
knasser
QUOTE (The Neutronium Alchemist @ Feb 20 2009, 08:50 PM) *
There was no UK team involved in the Mars Orbiter mission. The probe was built by Lockheed Martin in Colorado, who used English units and were supposed to have converted them to metric but didn't, and operated by JPL in California (who use metric). It wasn't so much a case of failing to label the work as a case of Lockheed missing a step and NASA's internal quality checks failing to catch the error.

You know I'm just trying, actually trying, to imagine what it must have felt like for everyone back at control, watching that satellite disappearing into Mars' atmosphere. Apparently it took 286 days for that probe to make its way from Earth to Mars and during that time everything seemed fine. And then just as everyone is excitedly waiting for it to enter orbit... BOOOOOooooopp *pop*

It must have been awful.

And then came the day that someone stared at some numbers on a computer screen and realised why... Can you just imagine them staring at the phone and wondering who is going to make the call and say "we found what caused it to go wrong..."

Everytime they see one of those plastic rulers with metric on one side and imperial on the other it must all come flooding back... frown.gif
Neraph
Getting my pictures up, at long last. Forgive the quality, I'm having to "scan" them onto my computer using my digital camera.

Link!
SaintHax
Funny, my next photo project will be fantasy and cyberpunk fantasy pin up stuff. However, it's not cheap to do: props, models, etc. Do you think a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit level (skin wise) photo book would have a sale value at cons? For a 20 to 30 page perfect bound book, what price do you think it would go for. Historically, photographers can't cover costs for special projects like these, and artist can-- so... no pin up elf/dwarf/orc/troll books at GenCon.

Both links below are lingerie level skin
My Commercial/Boudoir work
My outdoor, no lighting equipment stuff

I'd really like to shoot this, b/c it sounds fun as hell.
Aaron
Tried asking d20 Girls if they need any marketing shots?
SaintHax
QUOTE (Aaron @ Jul 16 2009, 01:51 PM) *
Tried asking d20 Girls if they need any marketing shots?

Yes, at Origins last year I talked to them. The problem is they have no budget (I can feel the pain). Most of their photographers are more junior and do the work in exchange to work w/ models for free. I currently am able to pull TFP shoots in my area. To take the equipment on a plane to a Con, would be a loss of money for me-- plus I'd give up Con stuff to work for TFP. Sadly, it just won't work out unless they come to MetroCon in Tampa... which is about 5 minutes from my house.

To do a market quality shoot requires prop rentals-- you want a good looking HK-MP5 in that Sam's hands smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012