Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Down in the Puyallups with Team #2
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
Thanee
I think all we need right now is some plan to get through security patrols.

Bye
Thanee
Cedric Rolfsson
How hard can it be to get through security patrol?? If we all have our CommLinks unhidden it shouldn't be a problem right? I mean for traveling even a crappy little rating 1 false Id should get us through?

I'm going to ride my bike, but I was wondering about our time frame, do we have an extra three hours? I was going to summon and bind an additional elemental since I've used up all but one service from the current elemental I have bound. I think I still have one service, it's been a while and that's what I have on the character sheet. RJ can you verify?

Other than that I'm a little worried cause I can't do an astral scout from a motorcycle, so if we're going to be looking for an astral recon then we'll have to pull over and stop somewhere.
Redjack
The drop off is scheduled for noon. Time to Normandy Park from Zion's place is ~40 minutes.

I believe you are correct in that you have 1 service remaining.
Saytr
you could always set up a watcher but the only thing is that you have to be very simple on what you want it to do and if something were to happen you would have to stop your bike just to get into the mix. also im it could be very hard because if they stop us and one of our ids flag that could arrise a whole new world of hurt espcially if we are packing heat and any of our weapons set of scanners and what not. plus if we are set up we wouldnt have a legite reason to be there and have to not only deal with lonestar but who ever else wants this package as well, if im sounding a little too paranoid plese tell me, but i know that in the games i used to play we tried to make sure we had a solid plan before breaking down gates lol.
Thanee
So, what are we waiting for? smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
I was hoping for an IC post from Cedric and even hoping that Little Johnson might get his computer back and be able to post. I can inch us forward. There is an hour difference in the travel time and the meet. I would appreciate a little clearer synopsis of the plan given the additional stuff provided by Quicksilver.
Cedric Rolfsson
Did I miss something? I didn't realize we were waiting on me, let me read the IC thread and post as necessary.
Redjack
Busy Work Schedule. I'll post up in the next few days.
Saytr
cool beans RJ no rush man these things take time and what not so its ok.
Redjack
Whew.... Things are still crazy at work with no end in sight. I'm gonna keep trying for one post a week though.

Ok, I have several suggestions on the table. One to take different paths, the other is to shadow Aeryn. Thanee - you have the tie breaker. Let me know and I'll post ahead a little.
Thanee
Hmm... let me think about it for a moment. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Cedric Rolfsson
Oops, I just assumed we'd want to take multiple routes and posted an IC post already. Why don't we split the baby, let Cynic get in place early and look things over. I'll be able to get to the area and do an astral scout with almost no risk to me since there is going to be a gathering of magicians in the area I'm hanging in, not many people are going to be willing to slot off an entire roomful of magicians to get one me.
Saytr
well if we all go seperate then there is more of a chance that who ever is looking for us will catch us in groups on one or two, think its better if we just tail Aeryn and then meet up at the drop off if anyone is questioned as to thier intentions then we will have the awesome cover stories that quicksilver rounded up for us.
Thanee
Sorry, have been sick, but it's getting better now... will look at this soon. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
Work has been crazy. Worked nineteen hours Wednesday. Trying to post up tonight. Sorry for the lag.
Redjack
I don't see where I asked this, so I'll ask it now: What weapons/armor/ammo does everyone have?
Thanee
Aeryn has no weapons/ammo and is wearing armored leather clothing.

Bye
Thanee
Cedric Rolfsson
Cynic is wearing his Armor Jacket and is carrying his Predator with one clip fully loaded and a pair of spares. He wears his pistol in a vertical shoulder holster under his left arm and the extra clips are on the shoulder rig under his right arm.

I've got my Sustaining focus level 1 active with Alleviate Allergy active.
Saytr
Zion was going to take his vest and jacket, A rated spots are hard to get weapons into so i suggested that we leave any heavy artillary here at my place and then we could get it later. we arent crossing and check points to get into the a rated neibhorhood are we? duh so we can take what we want we just can't get caught with it lol i am retarded sorry. we just can't bring any heavy stuff.
Redjack
I'll do my best to keep up with a post every weekend, though I may be kinda quiet during the week.
Redjack
Ok. I'm trying to stick to a post every weekend to advance the game. I'd like to thank everyone who posted in.
Everyone who posted this week, take 2 CSP each as a posting bonus!

I like to keep up a rate of at least one post per week, so I will randomly be awarding posting bonuses to reward consistency there.
Redjack
Well.... I was kinda expecting posts from three players this week..... Though one is a start. biggrin.gif
Thanee
Sorry, I must have missed the post somehow, because I know I did check in here... wobble.gif

...we have some time to kill Aeryn...

Eek! wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Saytr
...we have some time to kill Aeryn...

yeah about...poor phrasing of words there lol.
Cedric Rolfsson
Still tracking, question RJ. Based upon the name of the park does this place have beach front? Have we given any thought to the bad guys coming out of the water for the package or for us?

If we can find a quiet spot to sit for a few minutes I can conjure up a couple of watchers to keep tabs on astral space and maybe watch the water or even do some kind of astral scout.
Redjack
Des Moines Beach Park is pretty much the same as it has been for decades. The Sound is highly polluted and the surveillance has been upgraded to the era and local security rating. The drop is in fact near the beach and waters edge.

Cedric - Conjuring of watchers and spirits should not prove problematic.

Thanee - Too bad about being killed by your team mates. nyahnyah.gif

Thanee
Got 2 hits on Lone Star Procedures + Logic (or Intuition, doesn't matter which).

Bye
Thanee
Saytr
ouch!

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1971720/=1 hit!

also RJ can you post a updated CP i have no idea how many i have and didnt know if you were keeping track or not. if so i think i need to upgrade some knowledge skill lol
Redjack
@Thanee
[ Spoiler ]
Cedric Rolfsson
What is the security rating in the area and would they have some kind of astral security? Are there rules about when and where you could summon spirits in upper class neighborhoods?

I'm looking through the reference and they detail matrix security, i.e. no lurkers etc. but I'm not finding astral security references. Am I being blind and stupid?

Cedric
Redjack
Security Rating: A
You are correct; The books are very vague about astral security.

Give me a Security Procedures role and I'll tell you what you know. wink.gif
Redjack
Cedric? Still there?
Cedric Rolfsson
yes, sorry, MARCH MADNESS GO GONZAGA

Sec Proc roll. . . . .4 hits

Link http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1987818/

Redjack
That is an EXCELLENT role!
Redjack
Tag. You're it!
Cedric Rolfsson
I'll get a post up later today or tomorrow.
Thanee
Not entirely sure what to do except waiting and trying not to attract too much attention. biggrin.gif

Aeryn will just continue watching the surroundings (flyspy drone has already been dispatched for that purpose).

Bye
Thanee
Saytr
zion will keep a look out for lone star or anything looking like security to worry about.
Saytr
also sorry to bring this up but we didnt say what equipment we were RJ all bringing i think it would be wise to state that now atleast so RJ knows what we have to use. one sliver gun for Zion and throwing knifes thats it. the ingram would be a little bulky lol. if no quomes with RJ thats what i would have liked to bring.
Cedric Rolfsson
I will scan the Johnson astrally:

Intuition + Astral Percps(Assensing): 5(7)
2 hits

Link http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2011042/

Other than that, I'll simply keep a look out astrally. Let me know if i need to make a roll for that.

I'm carrying pretty much everything on my sheet. Only weapon I have is the Predator, two extra clips, one LAW rocket, one Iron Albatross heavy battle tank, you know, the usual.

Just the pistol, my armored jacket, my comm link with my level 1 false ID loaded, I've got a knife in my biker boot. In the seat compartment of my bike I've got most of the rest of my equip, like the stimpatches and autolock picker. The extra ID chips are at my doss along with my other knives etc.
Thanee
Aeryn came unarmed. She has to rely on her awesome martial arts stunt driving skills if there is any trouble.

Bye
Thanee
Saytr
this aught to be intresting lol. can i have a xm300 LMG or maybe a white knight with foregrip and gryo stabilizer lol. internal smartskin as well lol. j/k just what i noted above. i look forward to seeing mad max driving skills.
Saytr
Happy easter everyone have a great weekend and if you see that f-ing bunny be sure to shoot him his egg's. i hate that furry drek lol.
Thanee
Speaking of payment... we get ours from the fixer, right?

Bye
Thanee
Saytr
yeah we were supposed to get our money from johnson i think once we got back and dropped off the goods. i think we should head straight there once we are done and get our dough.
Cedric Rolfsson
RJ does the target appear to astrally active? A magician or anything? How about the bottles, do they appear as magical items to astral sight?

I will summon one watcher spirit.

Summoning + Magic: 3 hits
Link http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2029192/

Drain DV3: 2 hits(this sucks, I roll 50% on a security procedures check and 20% on a drain resistance roll)
1 box stun for a total of 2 stun boxes now.
Link http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2029193/

I will task the watcher to "shadow" the courier taking delivery for 1 hour and then return and tell me where he went.
Redjack
I went ahead and wrapped up the run. Excellent run, if not long term! Nice touch with the watcher there are the end. wink.gif

Karma will be coming in email as well as a totals on your character's karma/CP/nuyen. Assuming you all want to continue, you will have 15 days (game time) of downtime.
Thanee
Woohoo! smile.gif

Thanks, Redjack! And yes, I'm definitely up to continuing from here...

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
Also, everyone can feel free to make a post or two for the downtime.
Saytr
im down for continuing from here for two weeks my boy is goin to be trying to find out what happen to cynic and why lol.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012