Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Down in the Puyallups with Team #2
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
Redjack
Here is the link to the IC thread (last post).
Here is the link to the Puyallups Game Reference

Here is the link to the original OOC. I decided to split the two team's OOC apart to keep the chatter team specific.

This team consists of:
Cynic (Cedric Rolfsson): Former wizkid turned smuggler, turned runner. Human.
Aeryn (Thanee): Former ganger turned smuggler, turned runner. Elf.
Zion (Satyr): Former military turned runner. Elf.
Lynx (Fuchs): Pistol adept and sim-star wanna-be.

Collateral (Unarmed): Older ork, former ganger turned runner.
Redjack
@Cedric
Given that Cynic is a wiz-ganger from a rough area of town, I find it plausible that he might has summoned an elemental for destruction in the past. As such, a force 3 earth elemental has a strength of 7 when manifested. He has to wonder how much effect that elemental will have on a bridge if the bridge can support the weight of the Suburban..? The use of guard is definitely a sound philosophy though.

Thanee
Great roll!! This bridge is in fact your best bet. Given the modifications to their vehicles, Collateral will not be able to outrun them overland. Perhaps Cynic's Growler might have.... You also remember something about staying to the east side of the bridge now that you think about it...

PS: If you roll 9d6.vs(5) it will add your hits.
Thanee
QUOTE (Redjack)
@Cedric
Given that Cynic is a wiz-ganger from a rough area of town, I find it plausible that he might has summoned an elemental for destruction in the past. As such, a force 3 earth elemental has a strength of 7 when manifested. He has to wonder how much effect that elemental will have on a bridge if the bridge can support the weight of the Suburban..? The use of guard is definitely a sound philosophy though.

Accident Power maybe? Not sure if they can have it...

Thanee
Great roll!!

Indeed. biggrin.gif

This bridge is in fact your best bet. Given the modifications to their vehicles, Collateral will not be able to outrun them overland. Perhaps Cynic's Growler might have.... You also remember something about staying to the east side of the bridge now that you think about it...

Ok.

PS: If you roll 9d6.vs(5) it will add your hits.

Nice. A new feature? Havn't seen that yet. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
I'll be posting objective karma awards after if you complete this objective.... so... decide on your strategy and post the actions into IC..
Unarmed
Well, I think we should attempt to make it over the bridge and then take out the bridge rather than fight the asshats. I don't know the best way to take out the bridge, but perhaps a combination of elemental and grenade launcher would work.

Thanee
Strategy (AFAIsee): Drive across (east side), while Cynic's (hopefully summoned by then) earth spirit guards us.

Then use grenade launcher to further destabilize the bridge and depending on services also the spirit (maybe not at the same time, don't want to anger the muddy bugger).

If services are left, ask the spirit to materialize in the first car coming across the bridge and attack (engulf) the driver (unfortunately, earth spirits have no accident power).

Bye
Thanee
Cedric Rolfsson
Remember, if I summon an Earth Elemental, I can't keep the Air Spirit. Only one unbound spirit at a time.
Unarmed
Well, the air spirit's concealment is working, but not well enough to keep them from following us, I don't think. I don't know what your drain situation is like, though.
Saytr
i agree with unarmed here there are tire tracks of our vehicle being left in the ash and dirt we drive over plus the sounds of the SUV big engine. i think if a well placed grenade could do enough structural damage to at least cripple to bridge a little more then it already probably appears so when the Ass Hats drive over it which they probably will since they are proabably insane, it will hopefully fall out from underneath them and cause more for them to worry about crossing it or piss them off even more and keep up the chase. either way we are going to have a confrontation of some sort with them. im down with shooting the bridge after we cross it, drop the air and summon earth to destroy the bridge maybe a engulf on the actual bridge's support beams if it has any, all this would require some of us to have engineering knowledge of course?
Thanee
QUOTE (Cedric Rolfsson)
Remember, if I summon an Earth Elemental, I can't keep the Air Spirit. Only one unbound spirit at a time.

Yeah, I would dismiss the air spirit... but that's just what I would do, of course. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Saytr
we just need a IC post so we can get the ball rolling yall
Unarmed
Driving Test:

Reaction (5) + Pilot: Ground Craft (1) + Bike Spec. (2) = 8 Dice
4 Hits
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1257118
Saytr
westill have to go through the salish don't we in order to get to the border for the Tir? wow this is going to take a while nyahnyah.gif its going to be fun to see what we run into in the salish shades yeppy.
Cedric Rolfsson
Sorry guys, I'm just buried with other stuff right now, it'll die down in a couple of weeks here they tell me. BTW is anyone here an SCA member?

Releasing Air Elemental.

Summoning Earth Elemental Force 4

Magic + Conjuring = 8 dice = 3 successes

You can link to this roll at
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1262338

Opposed Test 4 dice 2 successes

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1262341

Once service owed.

Drain (DV6) ick!

Willpower + Logic = 9 dice = 4 hits

2 boxes of stun damage total 3 boxes of stun now.

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1262346
Redjack
Obstacle navigated, each member take a point of karma for posting and milestone completion.
Thanee
QUOTE (Cedric Rolfsson)
BTW is anyone here an SCA member?

Not even knowing what SCA is or means, I guess that's a no. wink.gif

Sure, the young mage thought, just whip up another elemental powerful enough to bring down a bridge.  Nothing big.

Heh. Sorry, but if you say it's no problem, and it works, don't expect us to think it is a problem. grinbig.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Cedric Rolfsson)
Sorry guys, I'm just buried with other stuff right now, it'll die down in a couple of weeks here they tell me. BTW is anyone here an SCA member?

A lifetime ago but not anymore. No time.
The Society for Creative Anachronism
Redjack
BTW: Zion is en route to his training station and will be there a while. I expect his access to be spotty till late October. We'll continue on as normal with the understanding that his posting will be very light. I know him in RL and will text him if we need a decision and he is not able to post.
Cedric Rolfsson
RJ, which Kingdom? I'm from An Tir.
Redjack
@Cedric - Lost Forest in the Kingdom of Calontir
Redjack
Perception tests from all the team member.

FYI: Satyr is unable to get access to a PC at this time so I will post for him if required until he is able to return. Otherwise just consider that Zion goes along with the team until he returns.
Thanee
QUOTE (Redjack @ Sep 19 2007, 04:15 PM)
Perception tests from all the team member.

Hawkeye Aeryn gets five.

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
Ok, so perhaps no more perception tests are required...
Cedric Rolfsson
RJ-cool I'm from the Barony of Vulcanfeldt in An Tir. I'm totally swamped SCA wise, I won September Crown Tourney so I'm steeping up in January and the current King and Queen want me to hit like three event per month until then.

Does Cynic do a perception test when he'trying to sleep? Eyes closed, etc.?
Redjack
Nope. No perception test required for sleeping people.
Wow! Won Crown Tourney? Congratulations.

Hey, if you get a chance, check in on Southern Hospitality. We are making a little progress there. wink.gif
Thanee
QUOTE (Redjack)
Hey, if you get a chance, check in on Southern Hospitality. We are making a little progress there. wink.gif

Emphasis on a little... grinbig.gif

SCA... Crown Tourney... King and Queen... I'm sure all this means something... Congratulations! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee)
QUOTE (Redjack @ Sep 19 2007, 08:11 PM)

Emphasis on a little... grinbig.gif

Yea, but we are beginning to get enough details that we can think about our next fast forward.
BTW: I have a questions pending a response from Jazz at the moment... biggrin.gif
Saytr
hey all i broke down and bought a laptop i will post as usual from now, sorry about the absence.

Thanee
No way! ... Okay, checking thread right now...

BTW, you got a little mixed up there with all the crossposting it seems. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Cedric Rolfsson
Cynic is going to try and get at least one hour's sleep so he can roll to recover from stun damage. Unless you really need him it'll be good to let him do that. With 3 boxes of stun do I start incurring penalties?
Saytr
yeah -1 to all actions with three boxes of stun i believe. its not bad try seven boxes of pyshical and six boxes of stun that was a bad day huh RJ.

Thane where did i get mixed up?
Unarmed
Yup, three points of stun is just -1, satyr's right.
Unarmed
Perception test for the bridge:

Intuition (3) + Perception (3) + Vision Enhancement (2) = 8 Dice
1 Hit
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1275747

Nearly a glitch... =P
Redjack
QUOTE (Saytr)
yeah -1 to all actions with three boxes of stun i believe. its not bad try seven boxes of physical and six boxes of stun that was a bad day huh RJ.

I can't believe Grig didn't die that die... I need to try harder...
Saytr
lol takes more then a few shot gun shells to and stun dmg to take out a troll with natural body of 8 lol.
Redjack
Hint taken. *Loading grenades*
Thanee
...and if the suburban doesn't have a sealed engine compartment...

So... does it?

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee)
...and if the suburban doesn't have a sealed engine compartment...

So... does it?

Regrettably no. A scan of the on-board systems does provide you with the following details:

Automatic four-wheel drive operations, traction control system, load-leveling system, four wheel positract support, air compressor, emergency service kit, magnification upgrade to sensors, Petty Industries 4000 series pilot program [rating 4] with a Nascar 3500 series Maneuver program [rating 3] and a Guardian 4162b IC [rating 4].
Saytr
NO! no gernads lol.

@ Thanee i hope so nyahnyah.gif
Cedric Rolfsson
Oh look, a value stem, and a truck with an air compressor, hmmmmm. . . .?

Thinks the sleeping guy.
Redjack
@Thanee - Please roll a memory (LOG + WIL) test for Aeyrn smile.gif
Thanee
2 hits

Though, I think I recall what you mean... guess no Stormcloud then. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
If you got it figured out I'll let you roll forward then.

(In case you don't scroll up 5 posts and reread my post. wink.gif )
Thanee
Are you speaking of the air compressor now (which Cedric also noticed apparantly, and I already mentioned it in my last IC post smile.gif ), or is this a reply to my post (if so, I have no idea what you want to say grinbig.gif ), or something else entirely (always a possibility spin.gif )?

Either way... removed the drone part, since I guess the rain - which I momentarily forgot about embarrassed.gif - makes this a futile endeavor, unfortunately.

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
I think we cross posted. (and yea we are all talking about the same thing. wink.gif )

You are g2g now!!

I will go ahead and post up assuming that you all use it.
Cedric Rolfsson
No blowing up the Box, how are we going ot get back across later?
Unarmed
QUOTE (Cedric Rolfsson)
No blowing up the Box, how are we going ot get back across later?

Heh, posted that.
Redjack
Did we lose Unarmed some where?
Unarmed
No, I'm around, and will be posting today. I am moving this weekend so I've been very busy. It'll be a few days before the internet gets hooked up at my new place, too, but hopefully I can post from work.
Cedric Rolfsson
Question, when rolling to reduce stun damage to I still have the -1 die penalty? Do I roll while still sleeping or wait and roll a number of time for each hour I slept? I'll post a roll just in case.

It's Body + Willpower 7 dice if no penalty = 3 hits

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1285501

No stun damage remaining

If - 1 for damage = 6 dice

2 hits reduce stun damage to 1 box

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1285492

If I'm supposed to wait then just ignore this. The material is on page 242 of SR4 and isn't clear to me. It's an Extended Test but I'm not sure if I roll every hour or just make X number of rolls where X is equal to the number of full hours I slept.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012