Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Atlanta 2070
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
ludomastro
The troll bouncer crosses his arms and stares down Book. Although beaten, he wants to make sure Book understands that the situation will be different next time. All the toilets flush simultaneously and the spirit fades from view.

A scrawny ork stumbles into the bathroom and falls to the floor sputtering when he sees the spirit.

"Ss-sorry man. I didn't know this one was occupied, I'll try the women's."
Redjack
Book takes a moment to steady himself. He pays little attention to the blubbering ork and once composed, he heads back out into the bar. He looks around, finding Tank.

<<@Tank [Book] Find anything?>>
ludomastro
As Book comes up there are several girls flirting with Tank.
Redjack
Out on the floor nothing stands out; Nothing except the two hotties at the bar and Dalton will be Dalton. Lacking anything else to do and Book having disappeared, he saunters towards the bar and engages them in conversation; The topic is not important and when they begin to flap their gums, he is in the zone. The only thing that draws his down is his distraction from the vision with Coyote. He does his best to stay focused on on topic. Perhaps this could be a worthy distraction.
ludomastro
The two girls seem to like Tank well enough but when a muscular elf passes by, one of them grabs his arm and allows herself to be led away. The other, a slightly plump brunette human with a cute face looks from Tank to her friend and back abviously unsure of herself.

Book notices that the bouncer is now talking with a Lone Star officer. He overhears a conversation much like the practice one he heard earlier.
Redjack
Tank watches the first be led away. He mulls over thumping the guy, remembers he's a lover and not a fighter. He turns his attention back to the remaining girl. No self esteem; My favorite.

He slides over, puts on his best smile and works to recover the night. "They call me Tank. You look thirsty." He orders a drink, but senses he's not making headway. He shifts to a more direct tactic, "What would you like for breakfast?" Her abrupt exit from the scene is the same as an answer. I guess her self-esteem isn't that low.

Book stays separate from Tank while he watches the cop.
ludomastro
Because Book is looking that way, he notices that the bouncer slides his hand toward the cop who seems to pull whatever it was to him. Then the cop walks away.

The is little else the duo can do so they begin to head out.

-----

As they sit in the truck, it occurs to Book that the goons will be to Bolo's shop this afternoon.
Redjack
Tank looks around and considers the evening a wash, at least here. He heads over to Book, who is casually tracking the officer and the bouncer.
<<@Book [Tank] Nothing. Let's dust this joint.>>

============

The duo make their way to the cruiser. Once inside, Book makes a suggestion. "Let's go stake out Bolo's. We need to talk to the sharks. I also wait to need for the spirit to return."

Tank nods and pull out, headed for the talismonger shop.

============

Once there, they find a spot down the block.
ludomastro
The spot they find is shaded and the street appears to be free of the protesters they saw earlier. They are a few bums lying beside the street soaking up the sunshine.
Redjack
The duo kick back and keep watch, Tank feeding the camera into AR. Book summons a pair of watchers to keep look out as they keep watch. Both figure they can ID the sharks before they reach the store.
ludomastro
In the review mirror, Tank notices, a group of people waving placards and holding signs come marching down the street.
Redjack
"Oh hell." Book says. "Here we go with the fanatics again. Also, check this guy." He flags the bum in AR. He also puts on his sunglasses. "Never simple."

Tank nods and launches the fly-spy. "Its times like these that we need a fleet of drones."

Book looks over. "Time to get a plan. Switch vehicle ID and warm up the doberman. I will mask up and go in. You back me up and be ready for craziness."

Tank nods again. "You should know, I'm out of stick & shock for the XM-30. Only hardball left. The dobbie is fully loaded with it though... I do have a few of those neurostun grenades though."

Book twists his head in thought for a moment. "Give me one of those." He slips the grenade into the inside pocket of his jacket. He then casts increased reflexes and locks the spell. Moving at this new speed, he feels a little emboldened. He casts physical mask and pulls the mask of his chameleon suit over his head; The physical mask will then provide a physical appearance for him.

First he looks like a street punk, exits the vehicle walks down the street away from the shop, steps into an alley. There he changes his appearance to look like a bum and begins sauntering back down the street stopping one doorway away from the fake bum.
ludomastro
As the protesters get closer to the store the fake bum begins to transmit more and more information.

Once they reach the intersection he gets up and stumbles off.

The protesters are in full swing again with large signs and loud voices.
Redjack
As the duo try to make sense of the situation, Book moves closer to the crowd attempting to remain inconspicuous. He quickly realizes that is not working. "Spare a few cred for a veteran?" He smiles at the viscous reply and turns to wander off.

Tank meanwhile redirects his flu-spy to follow the fake-bum.
ludomastro
After a few moments of watching the "bum" Tank realizes that he has military - or at least police - training. He is tagging various crowd members in AR.

Other than a few insults, Book's veteran is able to navigate the crowd without difficulty.

To Book's point of view, the crowd is even more violent this time around than they were the last time he saw them.
Redjack
<<@Book [Tank] The crowd was tagged. Fly-spy video on TeamNet.>>

Book ignores the video. Enough distraction keeping the spell up.

Book pulls away from the crowd, flanking them in relation to the store.

Tank sits in the back of the cruiser, XM in his lap watching the various video feeds from cameras, the cruiser and the fly-spy.

Redjack
Noticing the duo heading into the store, Book decides its time to ignore the crowd and deal with the heavies. As he approaches the door, he subtly changes his appearance; His back to the crowd. He cleans up his appearance and clothes, though keeps the overcoat pretty much the same color to keep from drawing attention to his change. He calls both of his bound spirits of air to standby in the astral as he steps through the threshold into the shop. He also shifts his perception to the astral to look for astral activity or backup for the duo.
ludomastro
Bolo looks frightened when Book walk in; however, she relaxes a little once she see him. One second, sir. I be with you as soon as I help these ... gentlemen.

The crowd seems to be milling directly in front of her shop.

-----

Tank notices that the "bum" is getting up and moving away from the area.
Redjack
<<@Tank [Book] Something's a little jiggy here. The crowd seems to herald the arrival of the goons.>>

The fly-spy still following the fake-bum, Tank uses the vehicle senors to keep watch on the crowd and the camera in the store to keep watch on the goons.

Book stands there, watching Bolo and the goons. He realizes at this moment that he's been winging it a long time and it just caught up with him. I have no plan. I have no idea how to get through this with a positive angle. At that moment, the world seems small and collapsing in on him. I can't just stand here. Do something.

He pulls out of his momentary freeze. Gathers his self-esteem back and does something completely unexpected. "Just here to make a payment towards my debt. I know I owe quite a bit more. I'm working on the rest." He passes 15,000 nuyen.gif in certified cred through the matrix to her in AR. His com is in stealth mode and he trusts that System's recent spoofing of his com's serial and his matrix ID will hold through any matrix threat that transpires here.

That should put 20k in her account, not the 50k she owes but a significant payment towards it. The only question is what exact terms did she agree to? He knows that their people watching her account will note the additional 15k if she deposits it before paying the goons. He stands to the side, now a third wheel in the conversation, but the transfer of the money should have gained the attention of the duo in any case.

<<@Tank [Book] If this goes bad, it will be a case of these idiots trying to rob one of her customers and getting greased for it.>>

Tank issues a command to the autopilot to pull the vehicle into the nearby alley. If these guys get froggy, I'm gonna need to get around that crowd.
ludomastro
With a temporary look of utter confusion, Bolo, glances toward her new customer. She regains her composure as soon as Book deposits the money and she smiles with a weak, "Thank you."

One thug turns to the other and says with a grin. "See. Now there, sweetheart. The man pays his debt - or at least something on it. You would be wise to do the same. Seems you could use a little protection on top of paying off Mr. Black. Those folks outside don't seem too friendly to me." He lets out a belly laugh at his own wit.

The other keeps a more stoic face and turns to the disguised Book. "You've settle up your bit. Now, it's in your best interest to walk away and let us settle ours."

-----

Tank is treated to a view of the 'bum' disappearing into thin air. At the same time, he notes his signals are being subjected to interference. Not directly so much as by proxy - almost like there is a large signal presence in the area.
Redjack
<<@Tank [Book] Ok. We have confirmation; They are driving the crowd.>>

<<@Book [Tank] Looks like its time to pick a fight.>>

<<@Tank [Book] No. I think its time for a robbery.>>

Book nodes to the goon, "You're probably right." He moves towards a side isle, watching the goons via the AR video feed from the camera in the store.

<<@Book [Tank] Negative. We have police involvement.>>

Book decides it might be time to use a contact; Phone a friend.
<<Chief Johnson [Book] Chief - I am at a little shop called "Moon & Stars". There appears to be an operation underway here. Can you tell me what I should avoid to stay out of the middle of it?>>
The shaman hopes that his work for the new police chief will yield a prompt response.
ludomastro
<<Book [Chief] Lie low. I'll see what I can do if you get pulled in. Best I can do.>>

No sooner does Book get the reply than Lone Star comes pouring into the crowd. Two SWAT members burst into the Moon & Stars with weapons drawn and the goons slowly work their hands upwards as well. The SWAT members look confused for a few moments before one moves over to take them into custody 'for questioning'.

As he is being led out the door, one of the goons hurls insults and a threat toward Bolo. "We will bury you, you bitch. We said no cops."

-----

Tank is witness via his somewhat static-filled feed to an entire team of SWAT pouring out of what appears to be nothing. They are soon spilling into the street and arresting people left and right.

-----

In a amazing short period of time Lone Star has mopped up the area with a sergeant speaking to reporters who were obviously already planted in the area. The whole operation smells of photo op and public relations.
Redjack
This doesn't add up straight. Surely she's not so stupid as to play so many angles? The masked Book keeps out of the way of the Star, letting them do their thing and not involve him.

Tank sits totally flabbergasted. I know hind sight is always 20/20, but we just about stepped into a pretty big pile of dog poop here.

Once the Star has cleared out of the store, Book approaches her, still masked. "Did you involve the Star?"
ludomastro
Coming back to her senses, Bolo looks at the man before her with some hesitancy. "Book? Is that you?"
Redjack
Using his own voice Book answers, "Yes. Though now it seems our well laid plan to back track these goons and begin our own campaign- Anyway. Did you involve the Star?"
ludomastro
"No, I ... I mean ... No, of course not. I knew up front that they would come after me if I did that. Who did?" She is obviously lost and bewildered.

-----

Tank - the fly spy still buzzing about - notes that a Lone Star officer is handing off a bulging envelope to a smiling journalist.
Redjack
Monitoring the various feeds, Tank winces at the reporter collecting the envelope. Certified cred, no doubt.

<<@Book [Tank] Check feed seven; New window.>>

Book motions to Bolo to wait a moment while he reviews the video. Once done he focuses on Bolo again. "Ok, we have surveillance footage. Looks like these idiots started by attracting some attention with the mob. It appears a reporter figured out the scam they were running on you and tipped the Star who set up a sting. Bam! The reporter gets a finder's fee and an exclusive." And I really hate someone figuring it all out before I do.

"Did you make the payment yet?" Book rubs his chin. "We are gonna have to make contact with your lenders and smooth this over, but now -finally- we have a bargaining chip. We also have leverage. They were behind the mod to extort you into protection. We need to make it clear to them that you are already under our protection." He take a moment to look and Bolo to show her his resolve, or at least the resolve of the face he now wears. "We're not out the gauntlet yet and the worse may be yet to come, but I can see the light at the end."

<<@System [Book/Tank] Let me know when you get this. Things have heated up a little.>>

<<@Team [Book] We need to plan to step up protection here. I'm thinking the combat drone needs to stay here. And System can trace back the hack on her account in case we need to wage our own little war. We'll try to negotiate and failing that we'll have to escalate.>>

Tank muses. Yea, secrets are his business. Mine is -what did he day? Trickster I think. Yea. Time for cat and mouse.
ludomastro
Bolo begins biting her nails while her eyes mist over. "Thank you. I don't know how I will ever repay you. I ..." She hangs her head. "I believe that I'll close up shop for the day."

After a few uneventful hours, the team gets a message from System.

<<@ Team [System] I'm hungry. I mean really hungry for some juicy food. Food so good that it makes your mouth water and forget old friends. You guys hungry? I'm heading to this dinner called Down Under. Meet me there in half an hour if you're hungry too.>>

There is another one of System's pets - a cat this time - that seems to walk through the walls and puts a paw to its lips as if to say "Shhh."
Redjack
Book listens to the talismonger. "Look, you need to understand that this isn't over. My team is small and these guys want you dead now. We can keep you alive, but they may hit your store or worse. Close up for the day. We have some research to attend to. I'll be here."

------

For the duo, the next few hours are spent on a bored stake-out watching the store, waiting after sneaking the doberman into the store.

------

When the message from System arrives, both are bored to tear and hungry.
<<@Team [Tank] You can't be hungrier than I am. I'd even eat a basket of a Digger's Wings at this point; Basket and all.>>

The doberman on watch in the store, Tank places a few additional cameras around the store exterior to give him a parameter.

Inside, Book rousts Bolo. "Let's get some food."
ludomastro
After what started as an uneventful drive they find themselves passing the scene of a Troll being beaten down by the Star. Interestingly enough, it is another troll and an ork doing the beating while human officers watch. They are directed around the scene by a young elven female officer who looks disgusted with their actions.

Parking is difficult to find but a few bums agree to watch the vehicle for a little extra yen.

Down Under apparently got the name by being under a building and partly under the street. The bouncer looks them over and decides they can afford to eat there. Once inside, they quickly find a large table with System sitting there stuffing his face with everything in sight. There are ribs, burgers, burritos, chips, salas of various colors and something dark and smelling a bit like chocolate.

"Try the mole. It's awesome! A bit expensive but we have to celebrate closing the Anderson deal. Sit, sit."

<<@ Team [System] Roll with the business act for now. I can secure Teamnet™ but I'm sure there are others listening here. If we seem to have loose lips, they won't push the electronic side too hard.>>

He tears into a hunk of pork and dips it into the mole before downing it.

"Waitress! Two beers for my friends, please. Make 'em Ben Franklins."

<<@ Team [System] I serious doubt anyone was as hungry as me. I've been in the Realms for a while and my support system kept me hydrated but not terribly well fed. So, I haven't had a chance to trace the stuff that you asked for but I have a lead on Digger. I think he is still alive!>>

Redjack
As System starts with the cover talk in the open, the shaman quickly follows along. He turns to Bolo as they approach the table, "He's mostly harmless, though he's a pretty shrewd businessman." Looking to the table, then back to Bolo. "Appearances not withstanding."

<<@Team [Book] Good to see you. Bolo is my talismonger. She is having a bit of a problem with the sharks, she got in up to her neck and they were trying to drag her out deeper when they got caught up in the riptide.>> He attaches a video clip of them being arrested and the reporter getting a pay off.

<<@Team [Book] We need to intercede and do a little negotiation; Aggressive if required.>>

<<@Team [Tank] Coyote told me Digger is still alive as well.>>

Book pauses, almost chokes, glad that he had not taken a drink yet. "I think I need a drink." He turns toward the waitress. "Make that three"

<<@Team [Book] What do you know?>> His question is actually directed at the two of them. For now, he keeps the details of his spirit to himself.

Tank grabs up a rib, letting System start.
ludomastro
System nods. "Who might this lovely young lady be on your arm?"

<<@ Team [System] Coyote? Who's that? Make a new friend while I was out? Anyway, looks like our pal Digger got nabbed during the same op that led us into the belly of the earth. I can't figure out if there is a connection or not. Odd coincidences but nothing concrete. Best I can tell, he is/was being held in a city called Tuscaloosa. Either of you heard of it?>>

He swallows another bite of burger and then continues, "Please to make your acquaintance."

<<@ Team [System] Shall I patch her through on Teamnet™>>
Redjack
Book gestures to Bolo, "Bolo. She owns Moon & Stars. Bolo, this is System."

<<@Team [Tank] Sort of.>>

<<@Team [Book] Tuscaloosa? What is there? Hook us up a separate channel for her. We need to talk about her problem, but she does not need to hear about Digger.>>

Book samples the fare as well, gesturing to Bolo.
ludomastro
<<@ All [System] Hello Bolo. The name is actually System. How can we really help you?>>

"Please have some food. I find that life is more enjoyable if I over indulge now and again. I would imagine that my associates have already told you we just closed a deal that can make us some serious nuyen."

<<@ Team [System] Tuscaloosa is technically part of the Birmingham sprawl but they maintain their own government. Light industry, bio tech, Corporate R&D and the University of Alabama with plenty of politics. If I'm right, Digger is on the edge of town, near the airport.

Around that time, the waitress returns and System downs the rest of his beer. "Water, please."
Redjack
<<@All [Book] We've been helping Bolo with her problems. She's a little over-extended on a loan and the sharks upped the anti by staging their own little stunt to dig her in deeper. Problem is they got caught by the Star in their own sting. Anyway, we need to trace out the source off her lenders and locate them - physically.>>

To the waitress, Tank orders a drink. "Fuzzy-cola for me."

Book also orders, "Water as well."

<<@Team [Tank] Sounds like we need to be on the road.>>

<<@Team [Book] Sounds like we're way over-extended... What's new?>>
ludomastro
<<@ Team [System] Nothing, really. Do you want to go after Digger first or help Bolo here?>>

<<@ All [System] Don't worry Bolo. I'll have something soon for you. Then we'll get on it.>>

Book notices a gathering of energy around him and the spirit of man in the form of a troll bouncer appears before him on the astral. A young bus boy jumps backward and kicks his feet until his back hits the wall. He starts gibbering uncontrollably.

The spirit looks like it was jumped as the equivalent of blood drips down from it's mouth. "Be glad you only asked for one thing. Your friend can be found here." With these words the spirit forces Book's astral form to come with him. They land near a warehouse in another city. "There," says the spirit. "My work is done." With that, the spirit is gone.

In the restaurant several employees scurry to see what is wrong with the bus boy. "M .. mm mages. They're mages! B b b big troll ... kill us all." At his words patrons begin scrambling for the exits.
Redjack
<<@Team [Book] Digger first.>>

<<@Team [Tank] Agreed.>>

Book watches the spirit, guarded but presenting a strong front. I sure as hell hope this spirit hasn't figured a way to break the summoner's bonds.

As the busboy freaks out and begins a stampede, Tank takes quick action. "Hey! Isn't that from the Halloween Forty-Seven BTL?" He quickly reassesses that few people are paying attention and changes tactics. "Stop! What are you people doing? Sit down. This guy is clearly not well. Do you SEE any killer combat-mage trolls?"
ludomastro
Most of the patrons pay Tank no mind. A few - those that appear to be more hard scrabble than the normal clientele - sit back and watch. The staff seems unsure - torn between the ever-present meta-human need to preserve self and the higher functioning parts of the brain that drive reason.

Somewhere from the back of the restaurant a girl - an elf - comes flying out and runs over to her "Baby?!?."

After a quick recap she stares down the table and asks, "If'n y'all ain't mages, whys is your friend leaning limp against the bench? I've seen 'em like that in the trids. He's off trying to mess with our heads from the astral ain't he?"

The disposition of the remaining customers and the staff starts to slide away from the teams favor.

-----

As Book's astral form stands there, he notices several warded areas in the airport.
Redjack
Still sanding, Tank smirks with "Pfft" looking to the new arrival, this elven girl like she's crazy. "I asked where these killer-mage trolls were? Since when is it a problem for my friend, a shaman, to check on his ailing mother?" It seems to now be one-on-one, so his goal is to bluff her into backing down as the crowd now seems to be swaying on the interaction between the two of them.

<<@Book [Tank] **PRIORITY** When you get back, tell me about your visit to check on your mother.>>

------

Book on the other hand takes note of his surroundings. He pulls back from the airport. He then calls forth the stronger of his two bound air spirits. Spirit. Please wait here, watching for my friend Digger. If he is moved, follow him. He then summons a watcher; It arrives, appearing as a ghostly blood hound. He turns his attention back to the spirit. Send my watchers back to alert me if you see him.

He then returns to his body excited, about his discovery. As he sits up, he opens his mouth to speak, but notices Tank standing, then the scene, then the note in AR. "Mom says 'hi'"
ludomastro
As soon as Book mentions his mother the crowd seems to relax and even the elf seems confused. The young ork just shakes his head and mutters softly.

Soon, the manager arrives on site and politely asks the team to leave. "I regret that we are closing. Please accept the release of your bill as a token of my apology."

As the team picks their way through the overturned chairs and heads out the door, the Star pulls up. The manager tries to smooth things over but it seems to be going poorly.
Redjack
Tank's jaw drops when the manager arrives. He looks up, then down at the food, then back towards the retreating manager. He begins scooping what food remains onto one of the platters, then proceeds to take it as they go.

As the team works their way out of the bar, they work an indirect line to steer clear the Star. Once to the cruiser, Book addresses Bolo. "You need to stay in a motel tonight. Early tomorrow we will schedule a meet with your lenders. Tonight we have something else to take care of."

<<@Team [Book] Drop her off at a motel. I have Digger's location. We need to make haste.>>

Tank makes for a motel, while Book locates the site on the map.
<<@Team [Book] System - Need to know everything you can find out about this place. That's where he is.>>
ludomastro
<<@Team [System] Let me see what I can dig up. It would be best for me to do it in VR so I'm going to need a place to lie down of at least slump against something. Any ideas.>>

"Do you need a recommendation on a hotel, ma'am?"
Redjack
Tank smiles.
<<@System [Tank] The cruiser, of course.>>
ludomastro
<<@Tank [System] Yeah. Thanks.>>

Bolo replies, "No, I know a place. I think I'm going to catch a cab." She looks over at Book, "Unless you think that's a bad idea."

With little left to decide the group begins to go they're own ways.
Redjack
Book nods to Bolo. " A cab is perfect. Stay away from the shop until we contact you." The choice was easy. Protect everyone's life first, then their property. If timing worked out, they might even get lucky.

--------------

Once Bolo is away, its down to business. Tank plots a course a few blocks away from the safe house. "I still don't have stick-n-shock"

Book turns the adept with a very serious look. "Tonight we use a different M.O. Very messy. No survivors. All secrets stay with us."

Tank nods, not quite sure if he likes the new, meaner Book. He follows along, none the less. "Let's be bad buys."
ludomastro
After swinging by Bolo's shop and placing Book's beast spirit on guard, the team finds itself an hour down the road on the way to Tuscaloosa

System pops up from his 'nap' and begins dealing out photos like cards which spin their way into the team's AR. They are stock photos from Digital Eye - a black matrix-site dedicated to mapping all areas of the earth regardless of legality, extra-territoriality, or even good taste. The sites don't show much more than an area of warehouses. One in particular is highlighted.

"Here's where Digger is being held. Far as I can tell, it belongs to either the mafia or a an Ares subsidiary. Hell, it could be both. Anyway, looks like accounts have been shifted around so I'm not sure who owns the Cube now. If I am reading this right, Digger was mixed in pretty thick with a smuggling ring. Maybe he crossed the wrong folks? Anyway, that's all I can get from the 'trix. Whoever, these people are, they have mad skills."

A quick check and Tank notes that both the camera and doberman show all clear.

As they move through the area, AR spam begins playing the new single from Two Irons - a troll thrash band - titled, 'Not Fun'
Redjack
On queue, both Tank and Book adjust their personal AR settings to something more their liking. For Tank, Hotel California by the Eagles starts to play while Book selects Acid Rain by Four Elves, an instrumental in classic style nearly a hundred years newer.

Book is the first to reply, "The Cube is really inconsequential. I was hoping to learn a little more about who did this by back tracking it, but they will share their secrets soon enough." Looking to Tank, "We will need one or two of them alive."

"Roger, roger." Dalton would rather just wing a few. "Listen. Its not gonna be hard for them to figure out who did this. Shouldn't we just extract and move on?"

"That ante is already too high. Blood is drawn and no matter which way we play it, its gonna get messy." Book takes a moment to reflect before continuing. "Might be time to move on once this is done."

The thought frustrated Tank, It takes too long to get connected when you move. This I know from experience. He remained silent though.

ludomastro
The trio travels in relatively simple silence as they continue. Soon, under the cover of darkened sky they reach the Tuscaloosa metro area. The streets are pockmarked by harsh light at first giving way to the normal neon and LED glow of the city. After crossing the river they once again find themselves traveling through thinning light as they move toward the airport. The remnants of an old school - long ago converted to housing tenements - come into view and the smell of raw sewage assaults the senses of this normally staid group.
Redjack
Tank chooses the parking lot of the abandoned school as a the team's demarcation and rally point. He pilots the cruiser to a spot on the edge of the lot and parks. "We're here."

Tank and Book both prepare for initial recon. For Tank, he launches his fly-spy and begins a wide circle of the perimeter; He is paying particular attention looking for cameras and other security measures. Book leaves his body to check in on his spirit and look for magical defenses in the area.
ludomastro
Book finds his spirit in the same place it was before. There are no obvious spirits patrolling the area; however, there are overlapping wards covering the buildings in the area.

-----

Tank doesn't pick up anything that stands out. The building seems to have the standard number of cameras. There is even an obviously bored security guard. He is smoking a hand rolled cigarette and watching elf/ork porn on the trid. He almost seems to be sleeping.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012