Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So.. Shapechange
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Fortune
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Jun 15 2008, 06:09 PM) *
Shapechange had always been very limited. It turns the subject into a single non-mtahuman non-magical animal of the spellcaster's choice - cyberware and bioware are transformed as well and do not function as such in the new form. It has always been that way.

I beg to differ. There has never been, to my knowledge, any specific ruling against taking metahuman shape. Indeed, previous editions included standard metahumans on the Critter table itself.
Mordinvan
QUOTE (Glyph @ Jun 15 2008, 01:40 AM) *
I feel the same way. Even if cyberware were retained, I don't see the spell re-working all of that nano-implanted micro circuitry so that the golden retriever that you have turned into has functioning cybereyes. Either the spell affects the cyberware, in which case it is changed with everything else when the new form is assumed, or it doesn't, in which case the character is seriously fragged up. Since the former interpretation is more in line with how the spell has always been treated before, it's the one I would use.

Which is how I feel the spell would work in SR. In a game world where magic actually could interact with technology something different might pop up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012