Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fields of Fire (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Dumori
IC post will be up 2morrow so post if youve yet ot or have had a last min idea.
Dumori
Ok I need a few rolls and maybe some RP it will be a longish trip its a good 40 kicks to get near there. Also a new idea for combat post like this. Location is manly for matrix astral and meat but also might byhandy for long range hits or clearing things up.

Combat Turn(CT) #X/Initiative Pass(IP) #X
Simple:
Simple:
Free:

Also when combat starts I'll make a new thread fro all combat based rolls and such for two reason one ease of reading and to not clutter the OOC with 30+ posts a combat turn.
BlackHat
For the record, who's taking Overkill's helicopter? Kiara and DangerClose?
DWC
As far as I know, DC and Kiara are the only ones flying Air Overkill.
Muspellsheimr
Well I appear to have been left out of "the plan" post. Awaiting response from Dumori on what I am supposed to be doing.
DWC
when in doubt, insert yourself into the plan where you see fit. It's what I did.
Dumori
QUOTE (DWC @ Nov 13 2008, 03:59 PM) *
when in doubt, insert yourself into the plan where you see fit. It's what I did.

yep that's the plan the forward team has stealth skills kiara is a npc for now AD-80 is our hacker it's just that your not part off the "plan" means you get to choose what to do you want.
Dumori
Just to let people no I'm waiting for posts form you guys
and it looks like Scope might be back some time soon.
Dumori
Every one roll edge. Also I need improved invisibility from Abaddon then we can get rolling. For every to know the APC and ATV are just out side of radar range with the group is all but overkill, kira and DC.
BlackHat
Edge (4)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1821799/
4d6 → [3,2,5,1] (1 hit)
DWC
Edge 1d6.hits(5)=1

Any description of what just happened?
Dumori
nope ill tell you when all rolls are in though its behind the sceens stuff I use edge as luck and such so more hit the more lucky the team is with some things.
Dumori
4d6.hits(5)=2
Dusts roll.
Mickle5125
[5,3,6,3,5,4,2,3,6,2] = (4)

Adrienne's edge
crizh
Eek, I'm at work.

I'll try but I'm not sure my phone can handle Invisible Castle....
JoelHalpern
Edge(6) Roll (6d6.hits(5)=1)
Tam's Roll
crizh
Edge (5): 4 Hits.

Edit (Improved Invis. Multi-sense) Force 9 : Spellcasting (6) + Magic (6) + Power Focus (6) = 18 Dice = 8 Hits.

Drain 7P

Resist Drain: Charisma (12) + Will (15) + Centering (9) = 36 Dice = 11 Hits.
Dumori
Thanks crizh they'll have a hard time finding dust now.
Tarantula
Wasn't sure if I needed to roll edge or not.
Edge roll (7d6.hits(5)=1)
Dumori
every one needs to roll.
Muspellsheimr
Edge 3 [5, 2, 2] - 1 Hit
Dumori
Who is still up for this game I apologize for my absence over the last month. SO report in if your still up for it if we are lacking in people ill have to re open recruitment and start over.
JoelHalpern
I'm up for it. Still not sure how well my character will work, but only playing will tell smile.gif
Joel
DWC
Still around. Are you still waiting on anything from anyone before you post the results of the first round of edge tests? Once that happens, and everyone recovers from the holidays, folks who're still interested will emerge.
crizh
Still here, still keen.
Dumori
oh the egde test was a quirk of mine befor each encounter its a messure of luck as in how the gaurds will be placed, will the dunes cover your aproces are the guards getting bored or distracted and what by ect. Just to let you know tarrain wise things are looking good.
Dumori
Im going to be reopening recrutment next week as we have lost 50% if the players. this means unfortently well have to restart the IC post. But on the brite side you can use this as an opetunity to tweak your mercs and im uping the max karma to 1111 for that little extra and so i can through more at you and fell warm in side nyahnyah.gif
Muspellsheimr
I had intended to send you a PM dropping out due to inactivity a while ago, but never remembered to do so.

Anyways, if this is going to be followed through on this time, I am still in. I'm not sure how many players are still here, but I might suggest dropping the count to 6, to speed up the game. 6 elite characters (plus Dust) should be enough for a tactical assault squad, which I assume is most of what we will actually be doing.

I am curious though, why 1111 Karma? 1100 makes sense. 1250 I would prefer. But 1111?

Edit: Also, as we will be reworking characters (at minimum adding Karma), if you are interested, I can send you a copy of my Karma generation system, which I feel works much better than RAW. If you use it, it will of course require everyone to reconstruct their characters, but I feel it would overall work better (especially since mine includes free Knowledge skills smile.gif )
Dumori
E-mail the juist of it and thinking about it 1250 works better for me. With you we have 5+me now ill see if scope can join if not now soon-ish. So ok let just re-jigg a bit as a know mickle isn't happy with adreain and I fell dust needs some thing added. And we'll how it gose with who we got ATM ill add a IC reason to pick up more players if needed.

Forget my E-mail saunder.mitchell@gmail.com
Muspellsheimr
Okay, as soon as I figure out where it's saved. I should have it sent within an hour or two (assuming I remember).

Edit: Sent
JoelHalpern
QUOTE (Dumori @ Jan 2 2009, 09:21 PM) *
Im going to be reopening recrutment next week as we have lost 50% if the players. this means unfortently well have to restart the IC post. But on the brite side you can use this as an oportunity to tweak your mercs and im uping the max karma to 1111 for that little extra and so i can through more at you and fell warm in side nyahnyah.gif

Clearly, in spite of the delay, you need to re-open recruiting.
I will be retuning Thomas to 1250 Karma.
How many skills at 6?
(And for that matter, how many stats at max? I think folks were operating as no limit, but I am not sure. )
I now have RC, so I can look at some alternatives I had not considered.

Which suggests some additional questions. As long as I am retuning ...
Can we start with pirated software?
If so, should we each buy our own satellite link, or is it reasoanble to simply assume that bfield ase camp has one?
By RAW, Unwired says that Activesofts can be purchased pirated (1/10 cost) and will degrade. This does not make sense to me, but... So what is your take as GM?

I am going to try to stick with the Assault Rifle, so that I am only duplicating one character, rather than many.

thanks,
Joel
crizh
Re-work Abaddon with more karma?

I think I can find it in my heart to give that a try....
DWC
I'll see what I can do with 1250 karma for DangerClose.
Muspellsheimr
QUOTE (Dumori @ Jan 2 2009, 09:20 PM) *
Forget my E-mail saunder.mitchell@gmail.com

Is there a typo in that? I got an email return saying the address does not exist.
Mickle5125
as dumori said, I'll be completely redoing my character, due to personal issues with how he turned out.
Dumori
Missed a s in saunders.
Dumori
QUOTE (JoelHalpern @ Jan 3 2009, 05:08 AM) *
Clearly, in spite of the delay, you need to re-open recruiting.
I will be retuning Thomas to 1250 Karma.
How many skills at 6?
(And for that matter, how many stats at max? I think folks were operating as no limit, but I am not sure. )
I now have RC, so I can look at some alternatives I had not considered.

Which suggests some additional questions. As long as I am retuning ...
Can we start with pirated software?
If so, should we each buy our own satellite link, or is it reasoanble to simply assume that bfield ase camp has one?
By RAW, Unwired says that Activesofts can be purchased pirated (1/10 cost) and will degrade. This does not make sense to me, but... So what is your take as GM?

I am going to try to stick with the Assault Rifle, so that I am only duplicating one character, rather than many.

thanks,
Joel

All pirated stuff degrades and is alowed in chragen but as licenced mrecs there pathcing is more of a problem that the fat its useers id can be traced
JoelHalpern
QUOTE (Dumori @ Jan 5 2009, 02:26 PM) *
All pirated stuff degrades and is alowed in chragen but as licenced mrecs there pathcing is more of a problem that the fat its useers id can be traced

Not sure I follow what the problem you are describing is.
Is the issue finding the pirated network (which does take several days of work) when one has been lost?
I guess how much of a problem that would be would depend upon how often the networks disappear. THe rules seem to suggest it is relatively rare.
Would it change things if I paid for the network as a contact?

The amount of time required to find patches is less than 5 minutes every two months. IWith a network, you search quickly for the patches, buy them, and continue. A satellite link would seem to allow this from almost anywhere.

I suspect that there is something you have thought of that I am missing.
Clarification would be appreciated, as pirated active skillsofts seems like a VERY good deal. (No, I would not use it for any of the most critical skills. But it would cover a lot of weak spots.)

Joel
Dumori
paches cost per pacth and can be buggy/just malwear as well. But the really deal is a one off cost and is safe.
Muspellsheimr
So, what rules for character generation are we working with? The same as we began with, the ones I sent you, or other?
Starting limits?

My personal suggestion for a game this scale is to simply remove starting limits on everything except 35 BP / 70 Karma Negative Qualities, & perhaps Availability of 24. I dislike the Karma cost you put with purchasing something above 12 Availability, personally. It just strikes me as clumsy, unnecessary, over complications. With the scale we are playing on, it really should be reasonable to assume we can access just about any equipment we want.
crizh
QUOTE (Muspellsheimr @ Jan 7 2009, 12:48 AM) *
I dislike the Karma cost you put with purchasing something above 12 Availability, personally. It just strikes me as clumsy, unnecessary, over complications. With the scale we are playing on, it really should be reasonable to assume we can access just about any equipment we want.

Oddly, I quite like it. We can have anything we want so long as we are willing to pay for it...

An availability cap of 24 in a game like this is actually pretty harsh.
JoelHalpern
The Karma for availability, at the costs that Dumori set, seems quite fair. We can have anything we want, with a little work.

Oddly, with the design I ended up with (I have mostly finished upgrading Tam to 1250) I ended up with Body and Intuition at racial max, and only one skill (Automatic weapons) at 6. Lots of group / group breaking. I could even live with dropping Intuition by one if I needed to. (I wanted as high an initiative as possible, without buying Adrenalin Surge, and the high perception seemed useful.)

I was hoping to see what other people had done, to see if there were ideas that I should pay attention to. I made the deliberate choice to stick with the Ares Alpha, rather than go to heavy weapons. I did realize that for taking out heavy vehicles, this means I will have to use the "called shot to avoid all armor."

For the two mages, it would seem that the one question is whether Dumori would allow Ally Spirits, and at what level. That would make a bigger difference than availability. (I vaguely recall he had declared no Ally Spirits earlier.)

Joel

PS: For the non-awakened characters, the significant limit appears to be the 100 pts on money. Even with In Debt and Born Rich, it is still very limiting. Upping the Nuyen/Karma would be too generous to the rest of us.

PPS: Our GM seems to sensibly believe that limits should matter. I decided to get rid of In Debt in my revision. I don't know how, but I am sure he would make it matter.
Muspellsheimr
My issue with the Karma cost for availability is not that it "isn't fair", but rather that it strikes me as an unnecessary complication. I need to review a few possible custom Powers/Spells with Dumori, then I will post my updated sheet.
DWC
I've been trying to find a use for the extra 250 karma, and my knee jerk reaction is to cut back on some gear to keep his essence over 1, and make him an adept.
Mickle5125
like I said, Adrian's going in the trashcan. The reason I don't have a char sheet already posted is... I can't decide.

Right now, I'm looking at either a spirit or a pixie.

Spirit does everything I want, but it has the nasty little side effect of being stupidly over-powered.

Pixie, on the other hand, isn't ridiculously over-powered, but won't cover all of the parts quite as well as the spirit.

Thoughts?
JoelHalpern
QUOTE (Mickle5125 @ Jan 7 2009, 05:54 PM) *
like I said, Adrian's going in the trashcan. The reason I don't have a char sheet already posted is... I can't decide.

Right now, I'm looking at either a spirit or a pixie.

Spirit does everything I want, but it has the nasty little side effect of being stupidly over-powered.

Pixie, on the other hand, isn't ridiculously over-powered, but won't cover all of the parts quite as well as the spirit.

Thoughts?

Given the structure for this, I don;t see why "ridiculously over-powered" is a draw-back. (Yes, I can well believe that afree spirit at 1250 Karma, with very little equipment, is quite impressive.) The only "drawback" is that Dumori may throw something similar at us. But he can do that anyway.
I may be misunderstanding your point. Sorry if so.

Joel
Mickle5125
just gives me the heebie-jeebies, thinking about using something that 99.9% of the time WON'T EVER FAIL.
Dumori
and really in planing on uping the free availbilty to 24 and timesing all nuyen by 4 so 10 ber karma so i can have a belivieable army for the frist few fights and autocannaons can be used after the etartta of them using assulet cannon rounds. Ill have the new requrit ment thread up by tuesday the 20th and the lateest as i have exams for the next week.
JoelHalpern
Can a Gauss Rifel (1/2 armor, then -4AP, 9P, SA) be carried and used by a person? (No, I presume it can not be carried concealed in an urban environment, but that is not the question here smile.gif
Thanks,
Joel
Muspellsheimr
Follows all the normal rules for Assault Cannons - aka you need a Tripod or Gyromount, but it is doable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012