Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You know you are a SR geek when...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
sabs
And it's still a damn good read. My Paperback one fell apart, but i still have my hardcover. And I have my grimoire, and many other happy books.

nezumi
I got the SR1 manual as a wedding present nyahnyah.gif

I will of course obtain and use a pdf for any actual gaming, rather than risk it harm. I'll have to obtain a second one though, so I have enough for my two boys (Damien and Lucien).
Tyro
Real men wear pink!
CanRay
QUOTE (Tyro @ Apr 14 2011, 03:35 PM) *
Real men wear pink!

In their mohawk.
Tyro
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 14 2011, 01:53 PM) *
In their mohawk.

With a purple kilt. Shirtless and commando, of course. It's traditional! *snerk*
CanRay
With Combat Boots with Pink Laces.
Tyro
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 14 2011, 01:55 PM) *
With Combat Boots with Pink Laces.

And black nail polish, and RAINBOW EYESHADOW!!!
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 13 2011, 01:55 PM) *
Fisty is probably a Hipster and knew Shadowrun before it became Mainstream nyahnyah.gif *snickers*

i've been around for not quite 3,5 Years and i don't to PbP either ^^
but i post a lot of mindless crap it seems O.o

...been lurking in the shadows here for about 6 years. Haven't been as active in the last couple since most discussion has moved on to 4th edition and I still am one of those 3rd ed geeks. When there was still support for 3rd, I was a heavy duty participant, cracking the all time top 25 (I believe as high up as 18 or 19) for a while.

Just checked and I'm still hanging in there at #26 but been totally eclipsed by yourself and CanRay.

...and so it goes.
Stahlseele
*shrugs* i don't like or play SR4 either, but i got me the books so i can at least try and understand what people are talking about here . .
longbowrocks
That's dedication.

BTW: you know you're an SR geek when one of the faculty at your college is trying to throw out a 1m^3 industrial plant model, and you intervene to make it into an AWESOME setting for the next SR session. Here's to you ggodo, nice catch.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Apr 14 2011, 11:58 PM) *
...been lurking in the shadows here for about 6 years. Haven't been as active in the last couple since most discussion has moved on to 4th edition and I still am one of those 3rd ed geeks. When there was still support for 3rd, I was a heavy duty participant, cracking the all time top 25 (I believe as high up as 18 or 19) for a while.

Just checked and I'm still hanging in there at #26 but been totally eclipsed by yourself and CanRay.

...and so it goes.

I got into SR at SR2, IIRC '96, in high school. I didn't really think I'd been on DS that long until I checked the all time posters a few months back. I mostly come and go in phases (like the moon, one might say...) , mostly dictated by work an kids and wife (not in that order ... wife reads this too.)

I don't think of myself as a Hipster, but ... I hadn't heard that word until a few months ago, I'm not a fan of text messaging, and I absolutely hate Facebook.

I am definitely an SR geek though. My wife and I will occassionally point out news items and say "one step closer to Shadowrun", and my pet bearded dragon is named Lowfyr.
Xahn Borealis
Maybe this is pretty bad....

Rolling Charisma dice in my head during coitus. embarrassed.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Apr 18 2011, 02:05 PM) *

Yep... That is pretty bad... smile.gif
nezumi
I feel like by that point you're rolling Agility followed by Body (although maybe I'm doing it wrong?)
Stahlseele
QUOTE (longbowrocks @ Apr 16 2011, 10:38 AM) *
That's dedication.

Only to dumpshock/the online community.
longbowrocks
You know you're an SR geek when half of your reason for starting a forum war is to learn more about the way Shadowrunners like to play awakened characters.
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Apr 18 2011, 04:05 PM) *

As long as you don't have a Critical Glitch, everything should work out just fine. If you Glitch on the other hand... wobble.gif
ggodo
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Apr 18 2011, 12:05 PM) *

QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Apr 19 2011, 07:06 PM) *
As long as you don't have a Critical Glitch, everything should work out just fine. If you Glitch on the other hand... wobble.gif

This reminds me of an old joke I heard about sex: Sex is a perfect fusion of all the sciences. Chemistry is required to initiate it, Physics dictate the playbook, and afterward it's all biology.

I'm sure there's a better delivery than that.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Apr 20 2011, 05:06 AM) *

what 4chan cries out during sex.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (fistandantilus4.0 @ Apr 18 2011, 12:28 PM) *
I got into SR at SR2, IIRC '96, in high school. I didn't really think I'd been on DS that long until I checked the all time posters a few months back. I mostly come and go in phases (like the moon, one might say...) , mostly dictated by work an kids and wife (not in that order ... wife reads this too.)

I don't think of myself as a Hipster, but ... I hadn't heard that word until a few months ago, I'm not a fan of text messaging, and I absolutely hate Facebook.

I am definitely an SR geek though. My wife and I will occassionally point out news items and say "one step closer to Shadowrun", and my pet bearded dragon is named Lowfyr.

...got my start with 1st ed. with a my old (ex)college game group. Ahh for those heady days, when Firearms skill let you shoot almost everything except heavy machine guns and Troll portable artillery, or the Skill Web which made it possible (as long as you continued to roll 6s) to make a WMD out of a pressure cooker full of kimchee. The game had a delightful raw "edge" back then which slowly faded over the years until pretty much disappearing with the introduction of the current version.

The first character I ever played was a rigger named Capt. Canucklehead who lasted several sessions before retirement after being arrested by SS authorities. One of our group picked up the original Grimoire where a new archetype, the Physical Adept was introduced (as I recall, Physads were actually presented as an "optional" archetype in the expansion and our GM was intrigued by having someone play one). Well, having a love of martial arts characters, I couldn't resist.

So Enter the Kid.

Yep, KK (the PC) is my longest running (and surviving) SR personality who made it through all three editions, as well as Peackeeper (where she was introduced), both Harlequin campaign arcs, Missing Blood and even being 'ported into a campaign in "that game which shall not be mentioned here" (which she of course blamed Harlequin for). So the Kid's pretty much seen it all. Even wrote up a version of her to test out in 4th ed (as starting character again since the GM had something about me bringing a 360 Karma character into his campaign).

After that pretty much retreated back to 3rd ed.

-----

Yeah, when I read or hear of certain things in the news (don't have a telly) I often have similar thoughts. Particularly over the last year or so. Still wondering when the real drek is going to hit the air circulation unit and, hoping that when I wake up and look in the mirror one morning I don't see pointed ears (considering I live in Portland, TT...er...OR). grinbig.gif
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Apr 20 2011, 04:06 AM) *

I had to spend Edge to make a Long Shot Test. grinbig.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Apr 20 2011, 05:32 AM) *
I had to spend Edge to make a Long Shot Test. grinbig.gif

Horrible Xahn, really horrible... wobble.gif
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Apr 20 2011, 02:09 PM) *
Horrible Xahn, really horrible... wobble.gif

I am so full of TMI...
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Apr 20 2011, 07:47 AM) *
I am so full of TMI...

Ain't that the truth... wobble.gif
Xahn Borealis
No one mention Black IC. Otherwise I'll have to talk about jacking out....

(I am so, so sorry. biggrin.gif)
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Apr 20 2011, 09:56 AM) *
No one mention Black IC. Otherwise I'll have to talk about jacking out....

(I am so, so sorry. biggrin.gif)

*hangs head* You just had to go there didn't you? wobble.gif
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Apr 20 2011, 05:22 PM) *
*hangs head* You just had to go there didn't you? wobble.gif

Do you have to ask?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012