Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowtheory
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Poit-Narf
Which is why I didn't list First Aid, and why I'm not sure about Medicine.
Matsci
Drones can use Medicine, but can't spend Edge to negate glitches or Critical glitches. Thus Human doctors Jumped in are preferred.
Dark Talon
So, have you finally realized how paranoid Dark Talon is? ^_^
Poit-Narf
QUOTE (Matsci @ Feb 10 2009, 08:33 AM) *
Drones can use Medicine, but can't spend Edge to negate glitches or Critical glitches. Thus Human doctors Jumped in are preferred.

Alrighty. So, other than Medicine not belonging on that list, does it look correct?
Matsci
QUOTE (Poit-Narf @ Feb 10 2009, 09:25 AM) *
Alrighty. So, other than Medicine not belonging on that list, does it look correct?

Yeah.
They can use most technical skills, they just can't create with them. A Drone Loaded with an Aircraft Mechanic soft could repair, and even modify a plane, as long as it has blueprints to work from. However, It can't jurry-rig a fuel pump out of spare parts, and tend to toss up error messages whenever it runs into something different.
Matsci
QUOTE (Dark Talon @ Feb 10 2009, 09:10 AM) *
So, have you finally realized how paranoid Dark Talon is? ^_^

Yes. That doesn't stop you from being kidnapped by Ninjas.
Dark Talon
QUOTE (Matsci @ Feb 10 2009, 12:30 PM) *

Damn ninjas >.<
Matsci
QUOTE (Dark Talon @ Feb 10 2009, 12:47 PM) *
Damn ninjas >.<

That's what happens when you miss sessions.
Dark Talon
QUOTE (Matsci @ Feb 10 2009, 02:02 PM) *
That's what happens when you miss sessions.

I can't help it! I'll have my laptop, I can always try and play via skype too! nyahnyah.gif
Poit-Narf
QUOTE (Matsci @ Feb 10 2009, 12:30 PM) *

What really sucks is when your body is stolen by a ninja without you noticing.
Poit-Narf
QUOTE (Matsci @ Feb 10 2009, 11:58 AM) *
Yeah.
They can use most technical skills, they just can't create with them. A Drone Loaded with an Aircraft Mechanic soft could repair, and even modify a plane, as long as it has blueprints to work from. However, It can't jurry-rig a fuel pump out of spare parts, and tend to toss up error messages whenever it runs into something different.

So, I assume, an appropriate autosoft gives the knowledge to build standard stuff (for example, things in the books). But, an autosoft is insufficient for inventing new things, since that is creative.

Sound right?
Dark Talon
So does that mean Friday's run is going to be to rescue me from the Ninjas? Or do I mysteriously disappear, and then reappear the following week covered in blood? nyahnyah.gif
Matsci
QUOTE (Poit-Narf @ Feb 10 2009, 07:05 PM) *
So, I assume, an appropriate autosoft gives the knowledge to build standard stuff (for example, things in the books). But, an autosoft is insufficient for inventing new things, since that is creative.

Sound right?

Yeah, as long as the drone has the plans and parts, it can build stuff.
Matsci
So, List of modes that you are Putting on the boat

Workshop Forge 1 slot 50,000 nuyen.gif
Workshops For-
Aeronautics Mechanic,
Armorer,
Automotive Mechanic,
Hardware,
Industrial Mechanics,
Medicine,
Nautical Mechanics
Forensics
Chemistry
Enchanting.

10 Slots, and 100,000 nuyen.gif

Ducted Waterjet- For stealth 2 slots 6000 nuyen.gif

It already has a smuggling compartment, so you just have drop 1500 nuyen.gif per type of shielding.

13 slots used 17 free.

Are you putting on an Improved Sensor array?

You could add Anti-theft system, but that just zaps people with 10S electricy damage

It already has 10 points of Armor, so You can't get any more without getting very obvious

It's current operating time is only a week. You could improve that with both Additional Fuel tanks and Improved Economy.

It's Current top speed is 30 km/hour, so you may want to upgrade that for 2 slots and 3750 nuyen.gif

You could put hydrofoils on it, Doubling it's speed, at the cost halving the operating time, 2 slots, and 60,000 nuyen.gif

You don't need to put a Sat Link on it, as it comes with a 9 Signal transmitter.

Still needs a name though. I suggest the Kitesfear.
Dark Talon
I like the name.

Yes on improved sensor array.

We can increase it with covert armor though, right? Might as well.

Lets get the improved fuel tank and improved economy. Can we get that more than once for longer ranger?

Let's upgrade the speed, but not to hydrofoils. We want distance with this thing, not speed. For that we have the skytrain.
merashin
we cannot increase it with concealed armor, concealed armor overlaps other armor, and only goes up to 10
Poit-Narf
QUOTE (Dark Talon @ Feb 13 2009, 01:14 AM) *
Lets get the improved fuel tank and improved economy. Can we get that more than once for longer ranger?

Yeah - it's called "get another fusion engine".
Rad
QUOTE (Dark Talon @ Feb 10 2009, 07:40 PM) *
So does that mean Friday's run is going to be to rescue me from the Ninjas? Or do I mysteriously disappear, and then reappear the following week covered in blood? nyahnyah.gif

Something like that, but you might want to get yourself cleaned up--we're going to L.A., and I'm pretty sure "Serial-Killer Gore" isn't the height of Hollywood fashion right now. :briggrin:

@ Matsci: So about the stock market thing; I take it my knowledge skill "Stock Trading" won't have any effect on the mechanics? The way you describe it sounds like it's just a toss of the dice, with no way to improve your chances--seems kinda' stupid that way, especially after sinking 5 karma into knowing what the drek I'm doing.
Matsci
QUOTE (Poit-Narf @ Feb 13 2009, 05:58 PM) *
Yeah - it's called "get another fusion engine".

At the Low Low Cost of 2,000,000 nuyen.gif and an Avalbility of 100R

Fusion= Expensive.

Bio-Diesel? Cheap

QUOTE (Rad @ Feb 14 2009, 01:10 AM) *
Something like that, but you might want to get yourself cleaned up--we're going to L.A., and I'm pretty sure "Serial-Killer Gore" isn't the height of Hollywood fashion right now. :briggrin:

@ Matsci: So about the stock market thing; I take it my knowledge skill "Stock Trading" won't have any effect on the mechanics? The way you describe it sounds like it's just a toss of the dice, with no way to improve your chances--seems kinda' stupid that way, especially after sinking 5 karma into knowing what the drek I'm doing.

You could try and do the invensting yourself, but the people a Brokerage X might have higher skills than you.
merashin
this is a cargo freighter, we can always buy tons of bio diesel and just store it on ship, so we can refill mid trip
Matsci
QUOTE (Dark Talon @ Feb 13 2009, 01:14 AM) *
I like the name.

Yes on improved sensor array.

We can increase it with covert armor though, right? Might as well.

Let's upgrade the speed, but not to hydrofoils. We want distance with this thing, not speed. For that we have the skytrain.

Who is paying for this anyways?
Dark Talon
Hmmm..... how much are we up to? Have everyone toss in 10 grand?
Matsci
Workshop Forge 1 slot 50,000 nuyen.gif
Workshops For-
Aeronautics Mechanic,
Armorer,
Automotive Mechanic,
Hardware,
Industrial Mechanics,
Medicine,
Nautical Mechanics
Forensics
Chemistry
Enchanting.

10 Slots, and 100,000 nuyen.gif

Ducted Waterjet- For stealth 2 slots 6000 nuyen.gif

Improved sensor array 1 Slot 1000+ Sensor

Additional fuel tank 1 slot 1000

Engine Customization Speed 2 Slots 3750

Improved economy 1 slot 2250

Runnign total 19 164000+ Sensors.

So thats 23439 nuyen.gif divided among 7 runners.
Plus the Cost of 30 slots worth of sensors.
Poit-Narf
I'm totally willing to pitch in for this.

But, I need to ask - what are we going to do to get around the inherent problems of using a desktop forge? Feedstock for the forges tends to be... easily traceable.
Matsci
QUOTE (Poit-Narf @ Feb 17 2009, 08:55 AM) *
I'm totally willing to pitch in for this.

But, I need to ask - what are we going to do to get around the inherent problems of using a desktop forge? Feedstock for the forges tends to be... easily traceable.

You get tagged feed stock.
You get an HERF Gun.
You no longer have to worry about Tags.
Poit-Narf
QUOTE (Matsci @ Feb 10 2009, 11:58 AM) *
Yeah.

Then I shall revise my previous thoughts on this...

A drone/agent can use any technical autosoft, but cannot create new things with it. They could copy an existing thing, or follow plans to create something, but cannot do anything original.

So, with a Software autosoft, for example, new programs could not be created. But, software could be maintained using the autosoft, and perhaps even copies of cracked software (while conveniently leaving out the code to make the programs degrade) could be made with the autosoft. An Automotive Mechanic autosoft could be used to repair a vehicle or build something from some plans, but could not be used to create something original, and definitely not to MacGuyver anything up. A Forgery autosoft could be used to create fake SINs and nuyen, but not to forge someone's signature with just a description (a signature would require a sample to copy). An Artisan autosoft is useless, except when used along with Forgery to forge a work of art (since, I believe, you use the lesser of Artisan & Forgery for your roll).

Does that sound correct?
Poit-Narf
QUOTE (Matsci @ Feb 17 2009, 09:04 AM) *
You get tagged feed stock.
You get an HERF Gun.
You no longer have to worry about Tags.

How much does said HERF gun cost?
Matsci
QUOTE (Poit-Narf @ Feb 17 2009, 09:06 AM) *
Then I shall revise my previous thoughts on this...

A drone/agent can use any technical autosoft, but cannot create new things with it. They could copy an existing thing, or follow plans to create something, but cannot do anything original.

--Derp Derp--

Does that sound correct?

That seems about right.

QUOTE (Poit-Narf @ Feb 17 2009, 10:11 AM) *
How much does said HERF gun cost?

2,500. It's an EMP greande that you point at people.
Poit-Narf
Only 2500 nuyen.gif? Dude, I'm so getting 2 of those.
Poit-Narf
By the way, what's the current date?

(Current meaning "when we arrive in LA")
Matsci
QUOTE (Poit-Narf @ Feb 17 2009, 12:21 PM) *
By the way, what's the current date?

(Current meaning "when we arrive in LA")

God-dammit, now I have to do math.

Let's See.

3 weeks in HK, 4 in Neo-Toyko (It was very boring) , and 1 day to LA.

Date of Entering Employment with KondOrichid- 4/19/71

Current Date 6/26/71

Amount of Pay owned. -13,800 nuyen.gif
Poit-Narf
QUOTE (Matsci @ Feb 17 2009, 12:32 PM) *
Amount of Pay owned. -13,800 nuyen.gif

Huh? Is that the total amount of nuyen.gif per person that we've gotten since we started our employment with KondOrchid?
merashin
that's how much per person, going up by nuyen.gif 500 per day
Matsci
QUOTE (merashin @ Feb 17 2009, 02:22 PM) *
that's how much per person, going up by nuyen.gif 500 per day

I just checked my notes. It's 300 nuyen.gif per day, plus living expenses, fuel, smuggling bribes, ID's, and other Misc expenses.

Witch Means that you guys have 20,400 nuyen.gif owed to you when you hit LA. I apparently cannot do math anymore. I blame Rad.
Poit-Narf
Is making repairs to vehicles & drones covered under our expense account? nyahnyah.gif
Matsci
QUOTE (Poit-Narf @ Feb 17 2009, 02:42 PM) *
Is making repairs to vehicles & drones covered under our expense account? nyahnyah.gif

Yes. Mostly. If you can prove that it got damaged because you were doing a Job for the Cartel.

And not say, being attack by bounty hunters.
Poit-Narf
That's fine. The repairs for the bounty hunter attack were already paid for by Dark Talon. I was (personally) more concerned about the repairs needed after the Kowloon City thing. I still hadn't fixed my Nimrod, since it'd have been damn expensive to. But, if KondOrchid is paying for that one, I'm fine with fixing it. nyahnyah.gif
Poit-Narf
By the way, for the cargo ship, we need to get improved living conditions. If we're making what amounts to a mobile factory, we might as well get some good feng shui to improve our skill rolls.
merashin
i'm trying to find a reason for my character to contribute to that, as absolutely none of it directly benefits my character, if you replaced one of those workshops with one that makes cyber or bioware, then it would be easy
Matsci
QUOTE (merashin @ Feb 17 2009, 06:07 PM) *
i'm trying to find a reason for my character to contribute to that, as absolutely none of it directly benefits my character, if you replaced one of those workshops with one that makes cyber or bioware, then it would be easy

Medical Facility...
merashin
QUOTE (merashin @ Feb 17 2009, 06:07 PM) *

although i do now notice the value of being able to install the ware, but as i've shown through bolding i was talking about manufacturing which would be the cybertech skill.
Dark Talon
Don't forget. These shops will also let us build/modify your armor and weapons, as well as our vehicles, your tachicoma thing, and our skytrain. And yes, the medical facility (mitch is trained in both first aid and medicine (though I suppose his specialty would be autopsy, since he picked up a "forensic" skill group). Along with all the other benefits. I dont mind having a cyberware building place, but can you even make things that are useful?

Also, I'll totally agree. We need a high lifestyle boat with some feng shui smile.gif
Poit-Narf
QUOTE (Dark Talon @ Feb 18 2009, 12:59 AM) *
Don't forget. These shops will also let us build/modify your armor and weapons, as well as our vehicles, your tachicoma thing, and our skytrain. And yes, the medical facility (mitch is trained in both first aid and medicine (though I suppose his specialty would be autopsy, since he picked up a "forensic" skill group). Along with all the other benefits. I dont mind having a cyberware building place, but can you even make things that are useful?

Also, I'll totally agree. We need a high lifestyle boat with some feng shui smile.gif

He's got a point - a place to repair vehicles benefits everyone.
merashin
yeah, i must be really out of it, because i saw that he could repair vehicles and never even thought about mine being able to be repaired
Poit-Narf
By the way, how much of the cost for the boat upgrades can be paid for with rating 6 fake nuyen? I have plenty...
Matsci
QUOTE (Poit-Narf @ Feb 18 2009, 08:47 AM) *
By the way, how much of the cost for the boat upgrades can be paid for with rating 6 fake nuyen? I have plenty...

As much as you want. I just get a chance to detect that it's fake every time you slot the credstick.
Poit-Narf
That's true. Between our various contacts (Kaz or other Triad people, for example), do we have a standard means of taking advantage of fake nuyen?
Matsci
QUOTE (Poit-Narf @ Feb 18 2009, 10:09 AM) *
That's true. Between our various contacts (Kaz or other Triad people, for example), do we have a standard means of taking advantage of fake nuyen?

Kaz probobly could launder it for you, but it would cost you something in real nuyen.gif
Poit-Narf
QUOTE (Matsci @ Feb 18 2009, 11:26 AM) *
Kaz probobly could launder it for you, but it would cost you something in real nuyen.gif

Presumably, it would still be a net gain, though. Right?

How much would it cost per 10k fake nuyen.gif?
Matsci
QUOTE (Poit-Narf @ Feb 18 2009, 11:57 AM) *
Presumably, it would still be a net gain, though. Right?

How much would it cost per 10k fake nuyen.gif?

4k real nuyen.gif. Ahead of time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012