Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who's Who on Dumpshock
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
LurkerOutThere
QUOTE (Caine Hazen @ Apr 22 2010, 12:17 PM) *
Hey, you said it was cute... not creepy rotfl.gif

Yes means yes, no almost always means no, but mace always means no.
MJBurrage
I added RPG Geek links and dates to the actual names when known.
MJBurrage
Added
Ryu
Timm Vowinkel, playtester.

Our semi-new proxy certainly doesn´t help with being active though...
Patrick Goodman
Since the thread got necromanced, I guess I should update my status to say that I'm writing for CGL and SR again. Also been doing some proofing and suchlike for them recently.
Squinky
I did art for a good while on missions, now I'm doing maps. Also I did art in that rotten apple E-book.

Names Patrick Sullivan smile.gif
Critias
Russell Zimmerman, writer. A little sourcebook stuff, a little CMP adventure stuff, a little e-book stuff.
MJBurrage
Added above details smile.gif

Mr. Goodman,
There was some information (cut from your past work during editing) that you had posted here, and that I (with your permission) added to the Sixth World Wiki. With SWW down apparently indefinitely, would you mind if I added it to the Shadowrun Wikia ?
Patrick Goodman
Not at all. Same caveats as before. Enjoy!
MJBurrage
Added: Crimson_Dude - James Meiers
Backgammon
Wow this little Schindler's List is still going

I wrote 1 SRM, proof read a lot, wrote one of the gangs in 10 Gangs (The Gentlemen, that really turned out well IMO), a bunch of stuff in Rotten Apple and wrote a setting coming out in an upcoming ebook (not sure what I'm allowed to say about it yet, so mum's the word, but I think it's pretty awesome - an old favourite revitalized.). I've basically stopped writting now to concentrate on family and my "real" career. Name is Olivier Gagnon.
MJBurrage
Added Backgammon (Olivier Gagnon)
Stahlseele
nice to see that this is still going.
MJBurrage
Added: Neurosis - Devon Oratz
MJBurrage
Added
Stahlseele
Ah, yes, one of those people who may just become one of the more important names in SR in the time to come O.o
Aaron
One of my biggest fan boy moments was jumping up and down with a friend of mine (as full-grown adults) because said friend and Tom Dowd were both helping run a LARP in which I was playing, and just before the game he (the friend) ran up to me and told me that he had TOM DOWD's cell phone number.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
I am not any type of Shadowrun official. I never wrote anything, edited, proofread or drew anything. I never ran a session in an official capacity. I actually have zero credit for this type of list.

I only mention that I helped unofficially playtest Double Exposure (Frasier Cain used to work at The Comic Shop I used to go to and invited me to do so, revealing that Chicago was gonna be nuked when we finished and swore me to secrecy) so that I can demand that Nigel Findley get an honourary listing. I demand it, I say!
MJBurrage
I am a huge Nigel Findley fan, but the lists is of Dumpshockers with Shadowrun credits. As a list of Shadowrun authors—which should have a wiki page—it is therefore missing many people.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
He would have been a dumpshocker if he'd had the chance! frown.gif
Neurosis
QUOTE (Aaron @ Aug 28 2011, 09:16 AM) *
One of my biggest fan boy moments was jumping up and down with a friend of mine (as full-grown adults) because said friend and Tom Dowd were both helping run a LARP in which I was playing, and just before the game he (the friend) ran up to me and told me that he had TOM DOWD's cell phone number.

I can't say I wouldn't have done the exact same thing if I were in that situation.
Stahlseele
i will just be leaving this here then:
http://www.cliffhanger-productions.com/scr...msg1359#msg1359
We have contacted Catalyst--all the rest including Tom Dowd approached us. As thius is a purely volunatyr, purely unpaid position, I think it is best if people who are interested approach us, as we have little to offer in terms of recruitment incentives
But we are happy to be recommended

Coming from Primetide himself.
Wakshaani
I guess I should get added to the list at some point?
Stahlseele
Who are you?
Wakshaani
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Feb 2 2012, 12:55 PM) *
Who are you?

The newest of the Freelancers. smile.gif
Bull
That's Wak. smile.gif He's good people.

Bull
Adarael
QUOTE (Wakshaani @ Feb 3 2012, 09:55 AM) *
The newest of the Freelancers. smile.gif

Well, that's pretty awesome! I trust your skills, sir.
Stahlseele
Well, i'll trust Bulls judgment.
Welcome aboard Wahshaani.
Bull
Wak's been an SR fan for a long, long time, and I've known him for quite a while through RPGnet, where he's been active for years and years smile.gif

Wakshaani
Quite true! I'm holding off on dropping my real name here quite yet, however, as I also have an election this year. It's small potatoes in the great scheme of things (State representative), but, still notthe best thing in the world to have your name tied in with RPGs in the South. Assuming I lose (Most likely, but hey), I'll go ahead and step "out of the basement" officially.
Aaron
QUOTE (Wakshaani @ Feb 3 2012, 11:23 PM) *
Quite true! I'm holding off on dropping my real name here quite yet, however, as I also have an election this year. It's small potatoes in the great scheme of things (State representative), but, still notthe best thing in the world to have your name tied in with RPGs in the South. Assuming I lose (Most likely, but hey), I'll go ahead and step "out of the basement" officially.

I know your name ... =i)

If you want to see gaming give a candidate flak, check out John Nephew's run for city council. That's the John Nephew who runs Atlas Games. His crazy opponent tried to run attack ads based on the Atlas titles Gloom, Let's Kill, and Lunch Money.
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (Aaron @ Feb 4 2012, 09:45 PM) *
I know your name ... =i)

Here I am, I'm the master of your destiny!

Oh, wait? That wasn't the cue for a Queen song? Sorry. Been that sort of day....
bibliophile20
QUOTE (Aaron @ Feb 4 2012, 10:45 PM) *
I know your name ... =i)

If you want to see gaming give a candidate flak, check out John Nephew's run for city council. That's the John Nephew who runs Atlas Games. His crazy opponent tried to run attack ads based on the Atlas titles Gloom, Let's Kill, and Lunch Money.

Looked it up; gotta agree with one of the comments: "If this is the worst that his opponents can find on him, he's got to be a pretty great guy."

QUOTE (Patrick Goodman @ Feb 4 2012, 10:54 PM) *
Here I am, I'm the master of your destiny!

Oh, wait? That wasn't the cue for a Queen song? Sorry. Been that sort of day....

Heh. Now I'm picturing Harlequin's and Ehran's reactions to Highlander... eyerolls at the swordfighting, suspicious side glances at the idea that immortals want to rule, whoever would think such a thing...? wink.gif and then tears at "Who Wants To Live Forever?" hmm...
ravensmuse
I know Wak's name, but only because he beat the pants off of me in Monsterpocalypse wink.gif
Wakshaani
QUOTE (ravensmuse @ Feb 5 2012, 06:48 AM) *
I know Wak's name, but only because he beat the pants off of me in Monsterpocalypse wink.gif

Incorrectly, as it turns out! Silly Monster vs Popcorn turn rules! They both had that 'team up' power! It only made sense!

Bah, humbug.

(I owe you one.)
CanRay
So, apparently the newest e-book (Safehouses) was written by someone that may be a frequent poster here... Can't quite place his name, however.
Grinder
For those of us who haven't bought the PDF by now: who's the author?
Critias
QUOTE (Grinder @ Feb 16 2012, 04:37 AM) *

'Ray.
Stahlseele
CanRay wrote something? O.o
Is ist as insane as his ideas here and elsewhere? ^^
bibliophile20
It's very well done and written in a style of utter snark. 'twas a pleasure and a minimum of a laugh a page to read, and gives many ideas for gameplay.
Paul
I know this is going to be immediately a source of tension, but does any one beside me have a problem with people writing for the game who don't play it? I'm not trying to be offensive, or hurtful-but it does bother me a lot.
mister__joshua
In this case, no, because you can tell its someone who really wants to play but through bad luck has been unable to, and its someone who loves the setting. In general though it bothers me. A couple of years ago I met a writer who does a lot of stuff on the 40k Roleplay books. He's one of the main writers on dark heresy and such. Anyway, we decided to play a game. He was running an adventure out of the book. He wrote the adventure. During the session he said he'd never played the game before, we had to constantly check rules, he didn't know the adventure and the whole experience was very underwhelming. It changed my perception or rpg writers though...

Ps I bought safehouses today. Haven't read it yet
CanRay
QUOTE (Paul @ Feb 16 2012, 12:49 PM) *
I know this is going to be immediately a source of tension, but does any one beside me have a problem with people writing for the game who don't play it? I'm not trying to be offensive, or hurtful-but it does bother me a lot.
I've GMed the game a large number of times. I've just never been a player, but I do know the system.

Also, I've been reading up on the universe since 1991, so I know it very well. So, that isn't an issue as well.

If I had never been with a Shadowrun group at all, yes, I'd agree with you 100%. But I have been in games, just not the way I'd like to be.
Paul
See now that's a change from what I've publicly seen you proclaim, and that actually is a lot easier for me to get behind. Not being a player is not the same as not playing at all. I appreciate you sharing that with me. I apologize if I've offended you.
CanRay
QUOTE (Paul @ Feb 16 2012, 01:02 PM) *
See now that's a change from what I've publicly seen you proclaim, and that actually is a lot easier for me to get behind. Not being a player is not the same as not playing at all. I appreciate you sharing that with me. I apologize if I've offended you.
I've always cried, "I just want to play!". nyahnyah.gif Subtle difference. I've also written about my group and the stupid things they've done. wink.gif

Nah, no offense taken. If I had never GMed a game even, I'd wonder about things... But I've answered people about questions on rules enough here, as well as know the universe pretty good, so that's not an issue. smile.gif

This won't be the last you'll see my name on the "Written By" field, either, I assure you. wink.gif

EDIT: Although, I will have to stretch out with my writing style. I think I went a little too light-hearted on this one. Then again, the person that reviewed my work on Drive-Thru RPG seemed to like it...
bibliophile20
The tone perfectly fit with who the supposed in-universe author was; I wouldn't recommend keeping that same tone for, say, a battlefield book (although it could work; see Delta-62 from Star Wars Republic Commando), but for something like Safehouses, it kept what could have been a very dry, technical piece entertaining and engaging.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (bibliophile20 @ Feb 16 2012, 05:44 PM) *
It's very well done and written in a style of utter snark. 'twas a pleasure and a minimum of a laugh a page to read, and gives many ideas for gameplay.

Hmm, will have to try and aquire this one then . .
Grinder
QUOTE (Grinder @ Feb 16 2012, 09:37 AM) *

QUOTE (Critias @ Feb 16 2012, 04:01 PM) *
'Ray.

Cool. smile.gif
Stahlseele
Why isn't CanRay on the list in the first Posting yet? O.o
He wrote something for shadowrun.
And he is canray . . the fact alone that he never got to PLAY a single game should entitle him to be on that list nyahnyah.gif ^^
Method
I'd imagine its because MJBurrage hasn't been by to update the OP lately.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012