Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who's Who on Dumpshock
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
MJBurrage
Added CanRay.

_____
Between changing careers and a related move from one state to another, I have not been online much in the last couple months.
Wakshaani
QUOTE (MJBurrage @ Apr 5 2012, 06:24 PM) *
Added CanRay.

But no one's added him to their games.

Poor, poor Canray.

(Oh hey! There's a guy here in town starting a new game next week!)
Stahlseele
QUOTE (MJBurrage @ Apr 6 2012, 02:24 AM) *
Added CanRay.

_____
Between changing careers and a related move from one state to another, I have not been online much in the last couple months.

Thank you ^^
QUOTE (Wakshaani @ Apr 6 2012, 05:57 AM) *
But no one's added him to their games.

Poor, poor Canray.

(Oh hey! There's a guy here in town starting a new game next week!)

<CanRay>
BASTARDS! THE LOT OF US!
</CanRay>
Freya
Hi everyone, I'm also a proofreader, just since April of this year. (Fellow proofreaders will know me as "BC".)
hermit
QUOTE (Dread Moores @ Jun 17 2010, 05:37 PM) *
Any chance of getting this stickied? It's actually useful for the newcomers or semi-lurkers like myself.

I second that.
Stahlseele
you have seen THIS http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=28456 as the lowest sticky right? O.o
hermit
Ah. No, I haven't. Last time I checked that thread, it didn't have the compilation.
CanRay
You know, I've done more than Safehouses now. wink.gif
Critias
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 16 2013, 01:38 PM) *

I've got a bit more than Attitude, WotA, and "a" CMP adventure under my belt, too. What matters is them puttin' the name up there, though, and letting folks do their own digging once they know the WHO, even if not the WHAT, behind the user name. cyber.gif
Neurosis
Heh, yeah I just noticed they only have one of my ten credits next to my name. : )
NeoJudas
NeoJudas, 'K' to some, Ereskanti to the very aged. J. Keith Henry. Meta-Arc coordinator now for 24 years or so of the Shadowrun games at Hoosier Hacker House. SR3 Playtester for everything from Street Magic thru Rigger-3. Contributor to Target:Matrix and Matrix. Contributed some minor things here and there, and still POd at the use of a 30-year character name of mine suddenly showing up as,the governor of Illinois suddenly. Had the privilege of playing with Mike M. At our games here in Lafalot all those years ago. Still sorry my partner Mike Bobroff and I never quite finished the resolutions to Barrier rules for 3rd Ed. Considered throwing my hat in the ring to help Bull at Gencon from time to time, but then remember the year I coordinated 22 members of my own group and 4-6 guests into our suites of rooms we had and just start laughing.

Also remember the day I (made the mistake?) of introducing Tzeentch to Mike M. and John S. one time. Also remember how mad Gurth was at not having the password shared with him to get in to that particular restaurant in Milwaukee. I think Bull remembers riding with me at the head of the convoy that year in fact from Lafayette to Milwaukee and us using walkie-talkies because cell phones weren't that prolific yet.

There are days I do remember things fondly.....
Stahlseele
Another oldtimer o.o
Aaron
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 16 2013, 02:38 PM) *

Bull, Catadmin, Ancient History, Tiger Eyes, Wak, and a bunch of folks don't have any titles listed by their names. You're in good company.
MJBurrage
Updated with a couple more entries, and a note concerning RPG Geek links for detailed credits.
winterhawk11
Heya,

I don't post much these days, but I hang around now and then so I guess I might as well be on the list.

winterhawk11 - Robyn "Rat" King - Author/Freelancer (2001 - 2007, 2013), Assistant Line Developer (2006-2007)

KnightAries
One of the things I Love about dumpshock...
Many of the awesome people who bring us SR do at least pop in from time to time without all the clutter of the rest of the fanbase.

I can say I've been an SR fan for a long time. Started in 2nd ed but had to go and do a few rounds of 1st ed just to say I played it.
Played every ed since.

Thank you all for one of the few RPG's I still love to play and run.
CanRay
QUOTE (KnightAries @ May 28 2013, 11:20 PM) *
Many of the awesome people who bring us SR do at least pop in from time to time without all the clutter of the rest of the fanbase.
And some are just annoyances who fluff up their post count. biggrin.gif
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 28 2013, 09:38 PM) *

You don't say...
Larsine
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 29 2013, 07:38 AM) *

I wonder who that could be?
Aaron
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 29 2013, 12:38 AM) *

The worst are the ones who deliberately double-click the Add Reply button.
Aaron
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 29 2013, 12:38 AM) *

The worst are the ones who deliberately double-click the Add Reply button.
MJBurrage
Added winterhawk11 and a number of RPG Geek links
Black Swan
How does one become a proof reader?
Larsine
QUOTE (Black Swan @ May 30 2013, 02:24 AM) *

Here is how I did it:

Posted all the errors I found in new books:
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=11853
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=16763
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=15085
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=24025
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=24105
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=25706
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=27330

Then I sat down and wrote an e-mail to the line developers (at the time there was 3 pro-tem Line Developers), but before I finished my e-mail I actually recieved an e-mail from Tiger Eyes, asking if I was interested in being a proof-reader, and so it started.

So I would say, just like being a playtester or a writer: Talk to the line developer, and show what you can do.

Lars
Cain
QUOTE (Black Swan @ May 29 2013, 05:24 PM) *

Believe it or not, trolling. I posted an open challenge to Jason Hardy, saying I could do better than the proofreaders who did War! He accepted my challenge, and I've been proofreading ever since. Since I'm doing it for the lulz and not the recognition, my name doesn't appear often on the official list of playtesters, and I've got a stack of credits I'll never use. I also get to tear apart writing *and* have the writers thank me for it afterwards.
Patrick Goodman
You can always send those credits to me.... smile.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Patrick Goodman @ May 30 2013, 06:05 AM) *
You can always send those credits to me.... smile.gif

Indeed... smile.gif
Aaron
QUOTE (Cain @ May 30 2013, 04:08 AM) *
Believe it or not, trolling. I posted an open challenge to Jason Hardy, saying I could do better than the proofreaders who did War! He accepted my challenge, and I've been proofreading ever since. Since I'm doing it for the lulz and not the recognition, my name doesn't appear often on the official list of playtesters, and I've got a stack of credits I'll never use. I also get to tear apart writing *and* have the writers thank me for it afterwards.

So any typos and errata are now your fault? =i)

Seriously, I am extremely grateful to the folks who edit and proof my writing. They make me look good.
CanRay
QUOTE (Cain @ May 30 2013, 04:08 AM) *
Since I'm doing it for the lulz and not the recognition...
So, you're Anonymous of the Literary World?

Will you later try a Skrip Kiddie DDoS to create writer's blocks on Freelancers who don't give their money to charities? nyahnyah.gif
Giabralter
Interesting that RPG Geek has even my first writing for shadowrun: Soy Processing units.
CanRay
QUOTE (Giabralter @ May 30 2013, 10:28 PM) *
Interesting that RPG Geek has even my first writing for shadowrun: Soy Processing units.
Noms! biggrin.gif
Larsine
QUOTE (Giabralter @ May 31 2013, 05:28 AM) *

Well I do my best to keep SR up to date with everything I have knowledge off, including fan published material.
Giabralter
QUOTE (Larsine @ May 31 2013, 08:18 AM) *
Well I do my best to keep SR up to date with everything I have knowledge off, including fan published material.

And I see that you got the Adventures "Rose colored Display link" and "Very Bad Day" posted on there. Thanks!
Larsine
QUOTE (Giabralter @ Jun 1 2013, 02:59 AM) *
And I see that you got the Adventures "Rose colored Display link" and "Very Bad Day" posted on there. Thanks!

Those were the easy ones, since they are still available for free from shadowrun4.com.

It's much more difficult to find information about the old Virtual Seattle scenarios http://rpggeek.com/rpgseries/19056/virtual-seattle

Any help with those will be very appreciated.
Cain
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 30 2013, 08:29 AM) *
So, you're Anonymous of the Literary World?

Will you later try a Skrip Kiddie DDoS to create writer's blocks on Freelancers who don't give their money to charities? nyahnyah.gif

There's no point in stealing money from people who get paid less than minimum wage. nyahnyah.gif
CanRay
QUOTE (Cain @ Jun 1 2013, 07:26 AM) *
There's no point in stealing money from people who get paid less than minimum wage. nyahnyah.gif
Point. Enjoy your lulz! biggrin.gif
Freya
QUOTE (Cain @ May 30 2013, 03:08 AM) *

I wasn't quite that, uh, forthright about it but that's pretty well what happened in my case, too. I was talking to someone else here on Dumpshock, mentioned my interest, and they were kind enough to provide me with Jason's e-mail address and a referral. It pretty well went from there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012