Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who's Who on Dumpshock
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
fistandantilus4.0
*Cue Shameless fanboy moment*

QUOTE (LouP @ Apr 13 2010, 05:26 PM) *
Hello,

I lurk here from time to time if you want to add me.

Of course, only a few of you will remember me, but aside from 6 years as the Earthdawn developer, I also have a few SR credits:

I was the author of A Killing Glare, and I also contributed to Missions (the adventure collection that is) and Portfolio of a Dragon.

Take Care,

Lou Prosperi

notworthy.gif

QUOTE (TomDowd @ Apr 13 2010, 11:50 PM) *
And since I'm here - Tom Dowd - I co-wrote the original thing, and a few things after that...

TD

*And Again*
notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
There. I feel better now.
LouP
Hello,

QUOTE (Endroren @ Apr 14 2010, 02:23 PM) *
Wow! I hate to go all fanboy on everyone but Tom Dowd and Lou Prosperi are hanging around spying on us!? smile.gif That's so cool! You guys are two of the people who inspired me to try to get into games! How cool to be able to personally say "Thanks guys!!!!"

You're very welcome. Even after all these years, I still feel humbled that people enjoyed what I worked on enough to remember me, and I'm flattered that you would list me as someone who inspired you to get into gaming.

Take Care,

Lou

MindandPen
Fan Boy Moment

I played D&D and AD&D, then I stopped playing RPG's because I didn't really like any of them. Then this Shadowrun thing came into being, and I've been hooked for the last 20 years.

Seeing such notables such as:

• Tom Dowd
  • Adam Jury
  • Rob Boyle
  • Peter Taylor
  • Robert "Bobby" Derie
  • Lou Prosperi
  • Patrick Goodman
  • Andreas Schroth
  • Mark Edwards

here on Dumpshock, has been an incredible thing for me. To all of them, and everyone else who has ever had a part, no matter how big or small, in producing my favorite pastime, thank you very very much. notworthy.gif

-M&P (notworthy.gif)
Patrick Goodman
To be mentioned in the same group as the likes of Tom Dowd and Lou Prosperi, two guys who inspired my own love for this game lo these many years ago, is really heady stuff, and probably more honor than I deserve. The rest of that list has made far more of a contribution to the game than have I.

I'm flattered, though, and I thank you.
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (darthmord @ Apr 14 2010, 08:02 AM) *
Does anyone know what kind of nerdgasm this is? biggrin.gif

Oh, yeah. Been living it for years, since I got into this side of the business. "Oh, wow...I'm working with so-and-so!" It never gets old, either.
Ancient History
Nerd-junkies, we. smile.gif
MindandPen
QUOTE (Patrick Goodman @ Apr 14 2010, 10:41 PM) *
To be mentioned in the same group as the likes of Tom Dowd and Lou Prosperi, two guys who inspired my own love for this game lo these many years ago, is really heady stuff, and probably more honor than I deserve. The rest of that list has made far more of a contribution to the game than have I.

I'm flattered, though, and I thank you.

Thank you, good writing deserves credit. While Tom and Lou are legends, you and AH (and Adam and and and ) have done a fantastic job of continuing the story.

-M&P
MindandPen
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Apr 14 2010, 10:53 PM) *

And proud to be one! rotate.gif
MindandPen
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Apr 14 2010, 10:53 PM) *

BTW, The Ancient Files is still one of my favorite resources.

-M&P
Ancient History
Danke.
Nemo
QUOTE (MindandPen @ Apr 15 2010, 05:20 AM) *
BTW, The Ancient Files is still one of my favorite resources.

Second that.

Btw. when ist the next update of the Artifact Index?
Ancient History
When I get off my ass...I do have a big update in the works, but I don't know precisely when it'll be done.
MYST1C
So, I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon:
MYST1C - Gerrit Czeplie - Proofreader (German, 2009-)

(Plus, I did some small pieces of text and artwork for the German Cannon Companion back in the day.)
Grinder
QUOTE (MYST1C @ Apr 15 2010, 06:36 PM) *
(Plus, I did some small pieces of text and artwork for the German Cannon Companion back in the day.)

Ah yeah, back in the day.... Did some text for the german Mensch & Maschine and Arsenal 2063.
Rotbart van Dainig
If you want to add anyone who contributed to the german releases of Cannon Companion and Man & Machine, this is going to take a while:
The additional shadowtalk was done by the members of the SR_D mailing list, as were some pictures.
Grinder
Wasn't this lit supposed to be about contributors who are also active at DS? Don't think that every member of SR_D falls under that category.
Rotbart van Dainig
Quite some do.
Grinder
Dude, I never doubted that.
MJBurrage
QUOTE (Grinder @ Apr 17 2010, 06:35 AM) *
Wasn't this lit supposed to be about contributors who are also active at DS?

That is my intent. If the number of German-only entries gets long enough, I'll make it a two-part list.

P.S. Are the books translated into German just translations, or do they also add items? If the latter, any chance of an English translation? Such items may be apocryphal in English, but I would be interested.
Nal0n
It's not just translations, most of the books get some extra stuff ... mainly additions of things common in the AGS.
Afaik Pegasus is actually planning an own sourcebook on the Berlin plex, don't know if that's gonna be translated or German only though.

The French licensee does the same for french locales (some nice stuff 'bout Marseille Plex etc.).
Stahlseele
We got some seriously overpowered stuff in SR3.
And in SR4, the German version of Runner Havens has a REALLY long Chapter on Hamburg for example.
Sengir
QUOTE (MJBurrage @ Apr 17 2010, 04:25 PM) *
P.S. Are the books translated into German just translations, or do they also add items? If the latter, any chance of an English translation? Such items may be apocryphal in English, but I would be interested.

There are country-specific additions in most books. The 4a book has a short summary for each AGS state, Emergence has something about the German Catholic Church's reaction (protection for technomancers who are then trained to hunt AIs), and Arsenal lists additional stuff by SK and other German companies...my favourite being the arachnoid combat drone with pimped ride (creepy looks) biggrin.gif
Dumori
Now that extra gear would be nice to see in English.
Sengir
I always wanted to ask DK about adding the extra gear to his chargen, but I constantly seem to be missing the books, the time to compile a list he could add, or both...maybe once I'm done with my exams next week
hermit
Afaik Pegasus is actually planning an own sourcebook on the Berlin plex

Unless it involves this piece of shit being hit by a meteor or something and paved over, please no.

some nice stuff 'bout Marseille Plex etc.

Which has been translated into German. Nice, yes, but the lack of Spinrad was distressing.

We got some seriously overpowered stuff in SR3.

Yeah. Especially the Zeiss eyes. Made in Germany, I guess. *shrugs*

I do like they actually added usable vehicles to Arsenal, though. WAY toomuch space was wasted on bizarre and useless stuff like two combat helicopters, compared to one actual car.
Stahlseele
No, i was thinking about the URBAN Series Firearms.
The ZEISS-Eyes were just really fucking expensive due to basically being beta-ware.
And they were specifically compatible to NOTHING else. So, technically, no Smartlink either.
hermit
The ZEISS-Eyes were just really fucking expensive due to basically being beta-ware.

Yes, but they were legal to be betterwared, too. Just saying. The URBAN weapons were pretty bad, too, though.

Enough derailing.

*gently picks up thread and puts it back on rails*
phillosopherp
Tom, man if you ever check back here and see this I would just like to say thanks. There are few things as SR that have given me as much joy. To think that you may look back here at some point in time to see that I said thanks to you makes my day! You ROCK my man!
Grinder
QUOTE (Sengir @ Apr 17 2010, 07:04 PM) *
Arsenal lists additional stuff by SK and other German companies...my favourite being the arachnoid combat drone with pimped ride (creepy looks) biggrin.gif

I don't like the writing style of the german books, especially the added stuff is poorly written (same the german version of Augmentation).
hermit
There wasn't all that much in Augmentation, was there? Much more went into Arsenal, but IMHO for the better (not that it would need high standards there). The translations are still rather crappy, though. Emogochis, Kraenzchen von Technomancern und solche Dinge. But what do you expect from translated stuff ...
Catadmin
Quick clarification on my CGL "status." I've technically been a freelancer with CGL since 2008, invited in originally as one of the EP Freelancers. I cross-pollinated over to SR in early 2009 when I started throwing proposals at the SR people. I finally got my "call" in late 2009 when one of my hidden email bricks knocked Jason into a coma and scrambled his senses. (That must be why he finally said "yes". @=)

So when I say I'm a wee baby SR freelancer, it's in the sense of actually working on material, not in the sense that I just joined CGL.

Make of that what you will.
Blue DragonFly
Banned Tourney Player, Con GM (Banned me so I would run I think smile.gif ), Erstwhile proofreader, and freelancer.

Been into SR for a while and while I am a closet DnD player SR will be forever my favorite!
Got banned from Tourney, started GMing, got into proofing and was given the SR fan dream job of doing some writing.

Mostly lurk cause I don't feel like I have much to add to the threads I read most of the time.

Trying to balance family, career, and my hobby.

DragonFly
Method
Do you have a real name you would care to share, DragonFly? (entirely up to you)
BishopMcQ
I've been working as a freelancer since late 2004 or so. Initially starting with John Dunn and the Missions team and then coming on board to the full freelancer team with Peter Taylor after writing the booth demo in 2006 or so.

Blue DragonFly
Sorry, but I will say I am a girl wink.gif
And that my first paid work is the new Rotten Apple eBook.
Think of it as a challenge!
A runner never reveals her secret identity.

I had a stalker in college and met some pretty creepy fan boys at cons.
BishopMcQ
If it helps narrow things down, the last time I saw Dragonfly she was in the western hemisphere.
Method
Fair enough. Just thought I'd ask (and give you a reason to post #10 wink.gif )

Edit: and that certainly does narrow it down...
BishopMcQ
The question would then become whether we saw each other on vacation or at a con (which is often a vacation in itself).
LurkerOutThere
Gamers take other types of vacations? I mean sure I go camping or something once or twice a year but who has the kinda time for vacations beyond cons?
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Blue DragonFly @ Apr 22 2010, 04:29 AM) *

wait, there's other kinds?
Bull
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 22 2010, 11:44 AM) *

Not if you're a girl smile.gif

And Dragonfly, I banned you guys because you won the Tourney too often. Other people needed chance. And, yes, we wanted some of you guys to GM for us smile.gif <grin>

Bull
Prime Mover
QUOTE (MJBurrage @ Apr 17 2010, 11:25 AM) *
That is my intent. If the number of German-only entries gets long enough, I'll make it a two-part list.

IIRC About year and a half ago there was mention that we would be seeing English translation of the added German items to Arsenal. I'm guessing that has long since been put on some shadowy back burner along with Augmentation's errata.
Caine Hazen
QUOTE (Blue DragonFly @ Apr 21 2010, 09:29 PM) *

Hey, you said it was cute... not creepy rotfl.gif
Delarn
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 22 2010, 10:44 AM) *

A lot more ! They are just crawling in your shadows, lurking where you expect the less... Hey was that steak last night ... it seamed goooood... LOL (Kidding)
Blue DragonFly
QUOTE (Bull @ Apr 22 2010, 12:56 PM) *
And Dragonfly, I banned you guys because you won the Tourney too often. Other people needed chance. And, yes, we wanted some of you guys to GM for us smile.gif <grin>

I was trying not to brag too much... But yeah I had an awesome group of people to run with.
Blue DragonFly
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Apr 22 2010, 10:35 AM) *
The question would then become whether we saw each other on vacation or at a con (which is often a vacation in itself).

GenCon IS my vacation. Well aside from those pesky things like honeymoons and family vacation nyahnyah.gif
Kid Chameleon
QUOTE (Caine Hazen @ Apr 22 2010, 12:17 PM) *
Hey, you said it was cute... not creepy rotfl.gif

That may have been her TASER talking. cyber.gif
crizh
I'm sure I have a terrible cheek posting here amongst such luminaries as I'm just a wannabe.

I just noticed that my name is actually in the front of Running Wild and Midnight and I think that's the coolest thing that has happened to me in years.

So, I'm Chris Hanlon and I've done playtesting on three or four products.
Mistwalker
I am Jean-Marc Comeau.

I had a few words in the first NY e-book, proof reading of several NY missions as well as being a playtester for Unwired and the Runner’s Companion.
Dread Moores
Any chance of getting this stickied? It's actually useful for the newcomers or semi-lurkers like myself.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012