Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rules Pitfalls
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Yerameyahu
Oh. Missions. Bleh. I was talking about the real game. wink.gif Groups decide *everything*.
BlueMax
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jul 20 2010, 02:21 PM) *
Oh. Missions. Bleh. I was talking about the real game. wink.gif Groups decide *everything*.

I find that Missions makes the game accessible. This then helps start more SR groups and thus more SR gamers.

All of those are good things in my mind. Of Course, thats back in Denver where the Missions were free. I have yet to see anyone in my area run a Manhattan mission. That may have nothing to do with the cost.

BlueMax
Kumo
"Overwhelming terror"...
Honestly, I experienced this kind of thing once. And i believe that somebody able to do anything other than run-as-fast-as-you-can in this situation is NOT overwhelmed; he's just scared.
Yerameyahu
No offense to Missions, sorry. I meant that imply that a session where the group can't decide is a weird concept of RPG *to me personally*. smile.gif
Saint Sithney
Suppressive fire with a -2 running penalty and a -6 blindfire penalty doesn't really seem out of line to me... Not really useful, but reasonable.
cndblank
I'd also say that if what ever caused the Fear was chasing you, you could fire at it.

There is a big difference in trying to slow it down enough to get way when it is coming right at you compared to attracting it's attention by shooting it (and P*ssing it off to boot) when it isn't coming directly after you.

Run away and hide is a time honored tactic. I can see even a combat monster running away.

But not letting a PC have any actions but running away because he is too panicked when it is right behind him takes too much free will away from the player.

Also you could use the Net successes generated by the Fear roll to determine how panicked the target is.

It isn't RAW exactly but if the creature has four net successes after the target's Will resistance roll then the GM is pretty much free to define the actions of the target trying to get away from the "Overwhelming terror" any way he wants.

On the other hand, if there is only one net success and the PC want to do some thing then have them make another Will roll to be able to pull it off despite the terror.
tagz
Isn't in the rules anywhere, but I'd say if someone in my game wanted to return fire or take action that was more then running it would take a composure test. I'd say the threshold ought to be the net hits scored against the player by the Fear attack, the more terrified you are the harder it should be to do anything but run.

You get beat in the test against it, you panic. You make a composure test your next action and succeed then you've regained enough control over your fear that you can direct it somewhat, not just running mindlessly.

Just how I would handle it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012