Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spy Games now available for electronic download, print pre-order
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
hermit
I'm sorry previous writers have misnamed people with what seem to be genuine typos

Or grautitous wrong grammar ("Der Nachtmachen").

Sorry, Grinder, but I had to mention that. And it's not that I really am that upset about Der NAchtmachen or other mutilated German; like RaabenAAS said, there're an awful lot of people with ghastly handles on the net as is. Also, our grammar is complicated. It's very rare to find a native who really is on the up and up with the official rules. Can't really expect that from freigners then.
Blitz66
QUOTE (hermit @ Aug 11 2011, 06:42 PM) *
Or grautitous wrong grammar ("Der Nachtmachen").

Sorry, Grinder, but I had to mention that. And it's not that I really am that upset about Der NAchtmachen or other mutilated German; like RaabenAAS said, there're an awful lot of people with ghastly handles on the net as is. Also, our grammar is complicated. It's very rare to find a native who really is on the up and up with the official rules. Can't really expect that from freigners then.

So unlike English in that way...
Grinder
I have to say that Spy Games is most likely the Shadowrun sourcebook with the highest acronym count per page - mostly in the chapters about spycraft. And the glossary doesn't help all the time, as it's very short on the descriptions/ meanings of the used terms. Would have loved to see a detailed explanation in the in-game part, but unlike me all Jackpointers seem to be head-on in the spy game and the terms used.
CanRay
Yeah, all the TLAs and worse make my head hurt. And I'm a computer tech.
Grinder
WTF? biggrin.gif
CanRay
Actually, I was making an Acronym pun there as well.

The US suffers from having "Three Letter Agencies" as well as "Three Letter Acronyms".
Grinder
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 12 2011, 09:49 PM) *
Actually, I was making an Acronym pun there as well.

Hey, that I figured out. grinbig.gif

It's not just the US agencies in the book, but also stuff like HUMINT etc. that is only cursory described.
CanRay
Just be glad you're not in Canada where the agencies have two different acronyms and aren't always listed by both. (The infamous RCMP can also be called the GRC.).
Grinchy McScrooge
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 12 2011, 04:00 PM) *
Just be glad you're not in Canada where the agencies have two different acronyms and aren't always listed by both. (The infamous RCMP can also be called the GRC.).

I have a hard enough time keeping track of (and deciphering) the English acronyms. The French acronyms are on their own! frown.gif
CanRay
Yeah, but you're in Toronto. People there and in Alberta are safe! The rest of us?
Grinchy McScrooge
Actually, I was born and raised in Toronto, but I now live in Kitchener-Waterloo. Now I get the opportunity to make fun of Toronto, Hamilton, Mennonites, Shakespear, and rednecks. biggrin.gif

I'd love to see CSIS mentioned in Spy Games, even just as an inept footnote. grinbig.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012