Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What should I Ban Outright
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (sabs @ Jun 10 2011, 02:12 PM) *
My rule for Emotitoys is that they have to be touching the person whose mood they are sensing. Because they're designed as toys for kids. So they climb on the kid, and use complex biometrics to determine the mood of the child they are playing with.

Interesting... I like it...
Mr. Smileys
QUOTE (sabs @ Jun 10 2011, 12:12 PM) *
My rule for Emotitoys is that they have to be touching the person whose mood they are sensing. Because they're designed as toys for kids. So they climb on the kid, and use complex biometrics to determine the mood of the child they are playing with.

Then you have your hacker buddy program the toy so that it will try to kill anyone it climbs onto. cyber.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Mr. Smileys @ Jun 10 2011, 04:06 PM) *
Then you have your hacker buddy program the toy so that it will try to kill anyone it climbs onto. cyber.gif

Heh... smile.gif
Teulisch
a mobile emotoy with a monowire garrote? that or some kind of poison delivery system. maybe both.

Raiki
QUOTE (Teulisch @ Jun 10 2011, 05:58 PM) *
a mobile emotoy with a monowire garrote? that or some kind of poison delivery system. maybe both.

And it needs to look like a feral koala. grinbig.gif

~R~
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Raiki @ Jun 11 2011, 01:21 AM) *
And it needs to look like a feral koala. grinbig.gif

~R~

Anybody else thinking the Teddy Bear from the end of the Screamers Movie?
Raiki
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jun 10 2011, 06:29 PM) *
Anybody else thinking the Teddy Bear from the end of the Screamers Movie?

Actually, I was going for more of an emoti-dropbear.

Edited for spelling.

~R~
Mr. Smileys
its a Care-Bear and it wants to give you a hug cool.gif
Draco18s
QUOTE (Mr. Smileys @ Jun 10 2011, 06:33 PM) *
its a Care-Bear and it wants to give you a hug cool.gif

Damn it, where was that video. It was like the care bears, only one of them was out for revenge for the murder of one of the others (and totally breaks a guy's neck)
CanRay
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jun 10 2011, 06:38 PM) *
Damn it, where was that video. It was like the care bears, only one of them was out for revenge for the murder of one of the others (and totally breaks a guy's neck)

Naughty Bear? Happy Tree Friends?
Draco18s
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 10 2011, 06:59 PM) *
Naughty Bear? Happy Tree Friends?

That could be. I don't follow HTF.
Christian Lafay
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jun 11 2011, 12:48 AM) *
That could be. I don't follow HTF.

ALL HAIL FLIPPY!
Mayhem_2006
It always struck me that an emotitoy surely wouldn't be that secure from hacking, so if a runner team want to show up at a meet with one, let them.

Thanks to Mr Johnson's elite hacking team, Mr Fuzzybear McCutepants will be telling the team "Yes, this guy is absolutely honest, you can trust him with your lives, gosh he's so nice you should give him a discount."
Fortinbras
If the team doesn't have their hacker/technomancer ready for counter hacking it serves them right.
suoq
QUOTE (Mayhem_2006 @ Jun 11 2011, 05:12 AM) *
It always struck me that an emotitoy surely wouldn't be that secure from hacking, so if a runner team want to show up at a meet with one, let them.

Unwired 55
Hackers have three options when faced with a slaved node. First, they can hack in directly to the slave with an additional threshold modifier of +2, though this requires a physical (wired) connection to the device. Second, they can hack the master node (thus gaining access to the slaved node—and any other slaves— as well), though this node is usually more secure. Third, they can spoof the access ID of the master node and then spoof commands
to the slave.

Note that option 3 means (if I recall) taking 6 dice off the spoof role because of the whole admin thing (recently beaten to death on Dumpshock),
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012