Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Legal Vampires
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Blitz66
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 1 2011, 02:53 PM) *
Jade Court is only mentioned, in Death Masks, IIRC.

Thing is, this is JIM BUTCHER. He doesn't casually mention anything that isn't going to be some major event later on... And they might not be too happy with someone that has the power and ability to wipe out an ENTIRE group of vampires with a single spell.

I was at a Jim Butcher Q&A/book signing not quite a week ago. The Jade Court is precisely that - something that is not going to be a major event later on. He was surprisingly definite about that, given how reluctant he was to pin himself down on other potential future plots.

EDIT: One of the more interesting bits was that the RPG writers, in the original draft they ran by Jim, had done their research well enough that the in-character banter in the margins of the book had speculation in which they were entirely correct about major plot events, like the truth of the Black Council, etc. I believe that got Sharpie-vetoed, if I remember my copy of the book correctly...
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 1 2011, 08:53 AM) *
Jade Court is only mentioned, in Death Masks, IIRC.

Thing is, this is JIM BUTCHER. He doesn't casually mention anything that isn't going to be some major event later on... And they might not be too happy with someone that has the power and ability to wipe out an ENTIRE group of vampires with a single spell.

Hmmmm. I am pretty sure I read Death Masks. Must have missed that mention... frown.gif
Blitz66
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Aug 1 2011, 03:38 PM) *
Hmmmm. I am pretty sure I read Death Masks. Must have missed that mention... frown.gif

Shiro mentions them once. Harry had never heard of them, because they're isolationists on the far side of the world. We might - MIGHT - meet one before the series is over, but not a major character, just a reminder of what Shiro said, is what I remember him saying when asked on the subject.
CanRay
When the guy wielding the Katana of Jesus says something, I pay attention.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 1 2011, 09:07 AM) *
When the guy wielding the Katana of Jesus says something, I pay attention.

Heh... Indeed... smile.gif
CanRay
Especially one that became a Christian due to being an Elvis fan. nyahnyah.gif

Speaking of, JetBlack! We know (Out of universe) what happened to him. Could he come out of hiding (Eventually) and be legal?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012