Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's the best way to twink you've ever heard of?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Lilt
Wow... That's twinky. Did you slap him?
Zazen
No, I think I was stoned at the time and he was trying to take advantage of that. He didn't get any bullshit past me, but he did avoid being smacked.
I Eat Time
Don't think there's any need. Unless his Charisma is extremely low and he lowered it to something like 0, by Companion it's going to take a few days, weeks, or even months to raise the attribute with Karma. I'm not exactly sure, but I doubt a mage by him or herself can keep a spell sustained that long...

...And I for one wouldn't keep a sustaining foci up and running 24/7, even in my sleep, especially knowing the astral atmosphere of 206X.
Lilt
Hmm. I don't think there are any set times for improving attributes, he could just go to sleep with it on one night and wake-up more charismatic/whatever the next day. A powerful (F6) ward should keep out almost all casual snoopers.
Kagetenshi
Singular focus, plural foci.

~J
I Eat Time
QUOTE (Lilt)
Hmm. I don't think there are any set times for improving attributes, he could just go to sleep with it on one night and wake-up more charismatic/whatever the next day. A powerful (F6) ward should keep out almost all casual snoopers.

Companion has the rules for time it takes to increase an attribute/skill. They're pretty rough, reduced by learning successes. However, it's probably (knowing FASA) completely Canon to spend Karma in your sleep and wake up with 10 new skills, bigger, stronger, and faster. I'm just not the GM to do that kind of thing.

As far as the R6 ward, damn. That's twinktastic. Can't wait for SURGE to hit so I have a shot at Awakening.
Shockwave_IIc
Surged Cyclops with "third eye"
Lilt
@I Eat Time:
You're not thinking like a true Twink Master. The player declares some time in advance that he is training his body attribute. Let's say he's jogging in the morning and eating healthily with the help of a dietician. His body would take a base time of 147 days (5 months) to improve. Now: He's been doing this for 14 days (enough time to raise the attribute from 1 to 2) and he casts Decrese Body 5 on himself. He then buys the attribute up to 2 (from 1) for the cost of 4 karma (he's been training his body for long enough already) and drops the spell, at which point the attribute pops up to 7. (as a 7,000,000D orbital cow strike hits him, no-doubt)
I Eat Time
*Twitch. Crack.*

I think something just snapped in my brain. I've.. never seen Twinkage like that. I've played too many games with soft mechanics... W... wow.

It's times like these when I remember I never ever ever want to GM again.
Lilt
It's OK! Breathe... In. Out. K? Good.
Twinkage like that is why GM's maintain tight control of the Ares Orbital Mass-(Cow-)Driver networks (nicknamed the "Raw-Hide" program).

If you don't like being so hard on someone (or no orbital cow-drivers are in range at that particular moment) thewn as GM you could always just say 'it dosen't work' or hit him with a RACIST (Rapid Airborne Cow Incersion & Soddomy Team).
toturi
I wouldn't... since he did spend some pretty karma on that Decrease Attribute 5.

Rawhide and RACIST don't work against RL GM Intimidation or RL GM Armtwisting. Promising not to drown the GM the next time he gets into a swimming pool works wonders.
Lilt
Sheesh... I've never had that problem before.

Then-again I'm always bigger than my players. There's an exception with Dave who's going to be in the game I'm starting next week (Dave is around the same size as, and 1/2 a stone heavier than, me) but he's not the twink type.

I wouldn't... since he did spend some pretty karma on that Decrease Attribute 5.

But what about when he uses it next level to pay 6 karma instead of 24? Then the next level where he uses it to pay 8 karma instead of 27? Then the next level where he uses it to advance his attribute beyond racial maximun for 10 karma?

Plus: Someone probably knows the spell. He could just ask around some mages and see if anyone is offering this service for training attributes.
toturi
Dropping the spell simply runs him into the wall called Racial Maximum. He just spent that karma for nothing.
Nephyte
(((Edit))) AHA! Apparently I am not mistaken! Wootness! Vindication! RAWR!

Anyways, pg 244 of the BBB:

Use the natural, unaugmented Attribute calculating this cost.

Using Increased/Decrease Attribute is a augmentation of the stat, and thus does not apply to Karma costs when raising a stat. Thus Decrease Body will gain you no Karmic advantages when attempting to raise it.

It should be noted, that bioware increases are considered "Natural" increases, while Cyberwear is an Augmentation.

(((/edit)))

I might be mistaken ....

Magical increases/decreases are seperate bonuses from your actual stat, and don't affect the karmic costs of raising that stat.

A Str 3 Mage with Increase Strength +5 doesn't pay more for raising his base Str to 4. It's a magical bonus, not an actual physical/mental bonus like Bioware.

So that twinkage is anti-rules.

(It's clearly stated in the errata that magical bonuses are not the same as other bonus in respect to stats. Perhaps this is an extrapolation of that, if it's not an actual rule.)
Apathy
Just ran an NPC with this twink, but it would work with PC too.

Regenerating PC (Shifter or Drake) with Quick Strike adept power. The big limitation on this power is that it only wrks if PC is undamaged at beginning of combat turn. But regeneration heals all wounds at end of previous combat turn, so he can always Quick Strike.

(I know, there's still an active debate about whether regeneration works on stun or non-deadly physical damage - in my games it does, so in those cases it's twinky.)
Shockwave_IIc
Thats nice, like it though in my games that would be well rare
Kagetenshi
There's no debate whatsoever on non-deadly Physical. Stun, though, is questionable.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012