Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tribes Recruitment
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
rythymhack
Looking to add Pendulum; a close combat oriented human adept. Still a work in progress ATM.
Aria
Great! To increase the adept fest I might throw a face/adept into the mix to help out against those machine gun toting hunks of muscle that look set to chew the PCs into devil rat titbits!
rythymhack
Here he is (I think). Contacts and nuyen not spent yet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15RM...#gid=1385755286

Pendulum is about 5'10" (yank...no metric conversion here). He weighs about 190. His build is a compact kind of muscular. His sandy blond hair is shaved close to his head but is in perpetual need of re-shaving. He tends to wear loose synth-cotton pants and a tank top when working out our in a comfortable non threatening situation. In his off time he likes to watch cage fights, urban brawl and zen drumming. His favorite form of recreation is, in fact, zen drumming (although it is new to him).
adamu
QUOTE (rythymhack @ Jun 23 2014, 05:29 AM) *
Here he is (I think). Contacts and nuyen not spent yet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15RM...#gid=1385755286

Rythym - if I am guessing correctly about the way you spent your 25 karma, then everything adds up the way it should. You just need to specify your specialization on your survival skill, and maybe slap a three next to the Improved Ability entry on your adept powers.

So far so good - of course we do NEED your starting gear to get you into the action - contacts I care less about for just getting started, although you will need them eventually of course.

Also, a tiny modicum of background/personality would be brilliant.
And a MUST is a fairly detailed physical description.

Looking forward to the rest!
rythymhack
What is the ruling on knucks and critical strike? Do they stack (since one is placement and one is material) or no? (it affects my equipment purchases...will have (late) tonight.
adamu
QUOTE (rythymhack @ Jun 23 2014, 09:28 PM) *
What is the ruling on knucks and critical strike? Do they stack (since one is placement and one is material) or no? (it affects my equipment purchases...will have (late) tonight.

Just applied my most rules-lawyerly eyes to the wording on knucks and critical strike, and looks to me like they should stack no problem.
Aria
QUOTE (rythymhack @ Jun 23 2014, 05:29 AM) *
Here he is (I think)

I've linked him in the characters list of the OoC thread so if you can update here plus your google sheet that would be great!
Aria
WIP version of Silkie: Should be enough to be starting off, need to buy some more gear and finalise contacts...

<<Sheet>>

Silkie is a tall willowy figure who comes dressed for every occasion, which in her case means one of two ways (at least in the current summer weather), boarding in safe areas and boarding in hostile ones (like the Crime Mall). For the former she wears as little as possible to enjoy the rush of air against skin (although she wears an armoured vest – she’s not stupid!), for the latter she dresses in smokey blue/grey skin tight leathers with a boarding half helmet and visor. When you can see them she has striking green eyes and long brown hair which is either loose or tied up in tight French plats to fit under her helmet.
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Jun 26 2014, 01:34 PM) *
WIP version of Silkie: Should be enough to be starting off, need to buy some more gear and finalise contacts...

<<Sheet>>

Silkie is a tall willowy figure who comes dressed for every occasion, which in her case means one of two ways (at least in the current summer weather), boarding in safe areas and boarding in hostile ones (like the Crime Mall). For the former she wears as little as possible to enjoy the rush of air against skin (although she wears an armoured vest – she’s not stupid!), for the latter she dresses in smokey blue/grey skin tight leathers with a boarding half helmet and visor. When you can see them she has striking green eyes and long brown hair which is either loose or tied up in tight French plats to fit under her helmet.

Very cool.

Did you say she was a Mechanicals member? If so, feel free to assume you were at the Crime Mall and got the "APB" to converge on Frizzen. In which case, show up on the current scene any time!

I don't have Rigger 4, so if you have rules for that hover board thing...
Aria
QUOTE (adamu @ Jun 27 2014, 12:01 AM) *
Very cool.

Did you say she was a Mechanicals member? If so, feel free to assume you were at the Crime Mall and got the "APB" to converge on Frizzen. In which case, show up on the current scene any time!

I don't have Rigger 4, so if you have rules for that hover board thing...

She's loosely a Freedomer, but really Silk's protégé asked to 'keep an eye on them', will try and get her background written up by Monday. She’s a ‘buyer’ for Freedom, hunting down tech from the Crime Mall etc so that they don’t expose themselves. She’ll be ‘onsite’ and Briar can direct her to the confrontation…or that was my thinking smile.gif

Rigger 4 was a freebie 'joke' and should still be downloadable from DriveThru (or whatever the new name is!). A rough conversion would be use Agility+Gymnastics as skill, movement is double walking rate (+net hits?). Can ‘fly’ up to 25cm off the ground for a short time – think the hover skate board in Back to the Future!
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Jun 27 2014, 12:58 PM) *
She's loosely a Freedomer, but really Silk's protégé asked to 'keep an eye on them', will try and get her background written up by Monday. She’s a ‘buyer’ for Freedom, hunting down tech from the Crime Mall etc so that they don’t expose themselves. She’ll be ‘onsite’ and Briar can direct her to the confrontation…or that was my thinking smile.gif

Rigger 4 was a freebie 'joke' and should still be downloadable from DriveThru (or whatever the new name is!). A rough conversion would be use Agility+Gymnastics as skill, movement is double walking rate (+net hits?). Can ‘fly’ up to 25cm off the ground for a short time – think the hover skate board in Back to the Future!

Freedomer, Mechanical, all the same for our purposes - as you say, she'll have gotten the call and been directed to the action. You are free to show up on the fight in the corridor whenever it takes your fancy - I am sure poor abandoned Vegas will be quite gratified!
Aria
I couldn't resist a bit of min-maxing on Silkie, and I've added a bit of background to the second tab on the sheet.

I've still got some cash to spend and contacts to resolve but I think she's probably playable now...
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Jul 1 2014, 01:24 PM) *
I couldn't resist a bit of min-maxing on Silkie, and I've added a bit of background to the second tab on the sheet.

I've still got some cash to spend and contacts to resolve but I think she's probably playable now...

You don't have to worry about min-maxing with me. I could rant for pages about how silly I consider the stigma against that…so I'll stop now.

Sheet looks good, background was fun to read.

Like I said, you can show up in the corridor anytime you like - during the current combat turn if you want.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012