Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just for fun: Shadowrun Crossovers
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 17 2014, 01:04 PM) *
no, i think he meant the episode where voyager found a planet that wants to stay hidden and the people there make them help them stay hidden and make them volountarily forget they had met and accept a computer virus into their system that will delete everything ever having to do with that planet.
and then, because somebody fucked up, that is the exact lead that leads them back to the planet AND THEY DO IT ALL AGAIN, if i remember correctly.

Not Voyager... That is a Star-Trek - Next Generation Episode...
Stahlseele
meh, everyting else was correct though right? <.<
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 17 2014, 01:13 PM) *
meh, everyting else was correct though right? <.<

For the most part, yes. smile.gif
Clues were left behind that made Data look like he was hiding things and had apparently done things against his shipmates. Which sparked an investigation that uncovered more clues making him look even more guilty. Therefore they returned to once again have issues. In the end, it all works out. smile.gif
Happy Trees
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Apr 17 2014, 11:18 AM) *
"Forget Me Not?" I can't find any episode by that name. Do you remember "Remember Me?" If so, they were trying to rescue Doctor Crusher from being trapped in a collapsing pocket dimension. Letting the Traveller work with their computer would have been seen as the lesser of the risks involved.

When I first saw the episode, that name struck me very prominently, as it was so cliche. Going back to find it, however, reveals that the episode I was thinking of was called "Unforgettable" (ironic, neh?). Sometimes I feel as if I'm constantly switching between a series of alternate dimensions where small insignificant details are all that changes.

Voyager season 4 episode 22. The crew finds themselves in the crossfire between 2 cloaked ships, the victor between the two asking for Chakotay by name. They rescue her, but nobody remembers her, though she remembers everyone. It turns out she's a member of a species who are born with a stealth rating of 8 or so. Their physiology defies scans, they produce a pheromone that prevents long-term memories of them from forming, and they have cloaking technology that would make a Romulan blush. She had originally come in contact with Voyager because she was an agent of their government who had been following a runaway (moving away is illegal on this planet), and tracked the runaway to Voyager. Nobody had any memory of this encounter due to the pheromone and a computer virus that scrubbed their logs. She had fallen in love with Chakotay and decided to run away herself to be with him. She was tracked down by an agent of her government who then erased her memories. In the closing scene the agent who captured her mentions that he implanted a virus to scrub their database and Chakotay just smiled and nodded.
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 17 2014, 04:04 PM) *
no, i think he meant the episode where voyager found a planet that wants to stay hidden and the people there make them help them stay hidden and make them volountarily forget they had met and accept a computer virus into their system that will delete everything ever having to do with that planet.
and then, because somebody fucked up, that is the exact lead that leads them back to the planet AND THEY DO IT ALL AGAIN, if i remember correctly.

Ah, yes. I remember that glorious clusterfuck.

In that case, though, they had the Enterprise by the balls. In Shadowrun, the equivalent is being told that you will submit to cybersurgery, psychosurgery, and a dose of Laés, or you will submit to a bullet to the brainpan.

The solution, of course, is for Data to fire off the two logic gates that state that his loyalty to the Federation, Starfleet, and Jean-Luc Picard in particular, outweigh any promises he is forced to make to Jean-Luc Picard at gunpoint. Wait until the Enterprise is a good hundred light years away, call for an emergency staff meeting in the briefing room, and explain to everyone exactly what happened - we were hijacked by superior technology and had no choice but to submit to memory erasure, only we couldn't do so. And then for Starfleet to mark that planetary system as a "DO NOT FLY" zone on their star charts and drop subspace beacons a few lightyears away.

Oh, and for Jean-Luc to call him a fucking idiot for actively tampering with evidence the first time around, rather than doing that emergency briefing the first time.

QUOTE (Happy Trees @ Apr 22 2014, 07:54 AM) *
When I first saw the episode, that name struck me very prominently, as it was so cliche. Going back to find it, however, reveals that the episode I was thinking of was called "Unforgettable" (ironic, neh?). Sometimes I feel as if I'm constantly switching between a series of alternate dimensions where small insignificant details are all that changes.

Voyager season 4 episode 22. The crew finds themselves in the crossfire between 2 cloaked ships, the victor between the two asking for Chakotay by name. They rescue her, but nobody remembers her, though she remembers everyone. It turns out she's a member of a species who are born with a stealth rating of 8 or so. Their physiology defies scans, they produce a pheromone that prevents long-term memories of them from forming, and they have cloaking technology that would make a Romulan blush. She had originally come in contact with Voyager because she was an agent of their government who had been following a runaway (moving away is illegal on this planet), and tracked the runaway to Voyager. Nobody had any memory of this encounter due to the pheromone and a computer virus that scrubbed their logs. She had fallen in love with Chakotay and decided to run away herself to be with him. She was tracked down by an agent of her government who then erased her memories. In the closing scene the agent who captured her mentions that he implanted a virus to scrub their database and Chakotay just smiled and nodded.

Appeal to Voyager is absurd.

That said, yeah. They should have in no uncertain terms told the other guy that they will not tolerate any more tampering with their systems, and just to make sure, everything about that encounter should have been recorded on paper (as Chakotay actually did,) to be re-entered into the ship's logs once the virii were flushed.
Sendaz
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Apr 26 2014, 06:27 AM) *
Ah, yes. I remember that glorious clusterfuck.

In that case, though, they had the Enterprise by the balls. In Shadowrun, the equivalent is being told that you will submit to cybersurgery, psychosurgery, and a dose of Laés, or you will submit to a bullet to the brainpan.

The solution, of course, is for Data to fire off the two logic gates that state that his loyalty to the Federation, Starfleet, and Jean-Luc Picard in particular, outweigh any promises he is forced to make to Jean-Luc Picard at gunpoint. Wait until the Enterprise is a good hundred light years away, call for an emergency staff meeting in the briefing room, and explain to everyone exactly what happened - we were hijacked by superior technology and had no choice but to submit to memory erasure, only we couldn't do so. And then for Starfleet to mark that planetary system as a "DO NOT FLY" zone on their star charts and drop subspace beacons a few lightyears away.

Oh, and for Jean-Luc to call him a fucking idiot for actively tampering with evidence the first time around, rather than doing that emergency briefing the first time.

Originally I thought much the same, but then on second glance it did make sense, if still a bit left handed.

The aliens didn't just want to be left alone, they wanted to not even show up on anyone's radar at all, hence their using of the stun and move to fake a wormhole effect they had used to date.

Having a Federation No Fly Zone/Do Not Land beacon installed is pretty much the equivalent of waving a big ass flag for every Ferengi, Romulan, FreeTrader or other nosy parties that are suddenly going to wonder what the hell the Federation is trying to hide/is scared of.
Even throwing in a claim it was a Prime Directive action to protect a primitive species, sort of a lie but not totally since in this case the Federation was the primitive but the others don't need to know that, would still have arms runners sneaking in to see if the locals want an illegal upgrade in tech.
Or if the others realized the tech was better, they would be sneaking in to try and buy or steal their own.

Hmm...

You know what?

You are right, they SHOULD have done it your way and declared it off-limits loudly and publicly.

Then just sit back and watch from a safe ultra-long range scan distance as over half of the quadrants Pain in the Necks get themselves stunned silly for the first rounds with the aliens probably getting tired of all the knocking on their door and upping their game to just blasting the intruders.

Either way, will remove/ keep busy several of those parties for a good bit while the Federation just goes around, maybe even do a salvaging operation on the floating ships/debris that drift back out. wink.gif
ShadowDragon8685
Sendaz, sure, that's how those extreme xenophobes want things.

But their wants don't really enter into it, when they're hijacking whole ships at gunpoint and tampering with the memory of the crew.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Apr 26 2014, 10:17 AM) *
Sendaz, sure, that's how those extreme xenophobes want things.

But their wants don't really enter into it, when they're hijacking whole ships at gunpoint and tampering with the memory of the crew.

Not like they Mind or anything. smile.gif
Happy Trees
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Apr 26 2014, 05:27 AM) *
Appeal to Voyager is absurd.

Meh. It's canon, and nothing in that series was any less ridiculous than Tasha Yar being killed by an oil slick, or Odo being able to transform into anything as large as a shipping container or as small as a mouse, while being able to make hair, but unable to make a realistic face. The whole series is a ridiculous mess.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Apr 26 2014, 07:21 PM) *
Not like they Mind or anything. smile.gif

not that they can say for sure wether or not they get a choice as to wether or not they actually do mind.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012