Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tangled Currents - Cynthia
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Mercy
There is quite a lot of information on the public site for Grainger Manufacturing and you can pick up lots more information regarding the many uses of the various types of conduit they manufacture and sell. most of their products are small-diameter pipes used to route electrical wires throughout buildings, ranging from 1" diameter to 2', but theu do provide a small range of conduit that is in the 8; diameter range for larger projects. You find that the conduit is actually produced in two plants located in Denver, but that they can ship their products all over the world. Call a sales rep for a quote. No project is too small or too large.

You have no real problems with the host for the office, as it seems to be there mostly as a repository of the data from the company 'links and there is nothing in any of the files that would seem to be out of the normal.

The warehouse is a much different situation, much like Avila was. There is a small, fairly open host for the front office, but the majority of the building is concealed in a very robust host. You can get access to files of the current stockpiles of conduit and where it is kept, as well as a file that lists the amount of conduits ordered from the plants. All of the conduit is transported to Seattle by Avila Transport, who is also paid to move the stocks to the various job sites as required.

A physical examination of the warehouse and grounds does lead you to think that one of the second floor doors is little used and can be reached by an access stairway.
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 12th, 2075 - Outside Grainger Manufacturing Warehouse, Seattle] #490

Cynthia takes a moment to think about how she wants to proceed. In the end, she goes to a Stuffer Shack to grab some snacks and a bottle to drink. Going up the stairs to eat would be a lame excuse if she's seen, but it would be an excuse nonetheless.

Then, she walks to the warehouse. She takes a few minutes to make.sure no one (or nothing) is looking at her or the door she's interested in, then goes there, as stealthily as she can manage.

~~~~~~ OOC ~~~~~~

Hey smile.gif
Hope you enjoyed your cruise!
Perception: 9d6t5 2
Stealth: 7d6t5 2
Mercy
[Cynthia Rawson - Monday June 11th, 2075 1030 - Outside Grainger Manufacturing Warehouse, Seattle]

The food is certainly of much lesser quality than what you have eaten at Sophie's lately. but it takes the edge off the hunger. Returning to the warehouse, you wait until it appears that no one is watching the building then slip across to the side of the large structure and the outside metal stairway leading to the second floor. You are able to climb to the small grated landing at the top of the stairs and approach the door. The landing is about six feet wide and stretches about half-way down the side of the warehouse. Some old crates are stacked on it beginning just off the door, although there is a narrow walkway next to the building. It is difficult to peer too far down the passage due to the heavy shadows there. The door is wooden and the paint is chipped and weather worn. You cannot see through the smoked window, but you do hear muted voices coming from just beyond the door.
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 12th, 2075 - Outside Grainger Manufacturing Warehouse, Seattle] #491

Cynthia stays as immobile as possible when she hears the voices, Hopi.g to understand what is said, but mostly just wanting to not be heard herself. As she does so, she looks at the door, praying it's closed by a magical or some kind of electronic security.
Mercy
[Cynthia Rawson - Monday June 11th, 2075 1030 - Outside Grainger Manufacturing Warehouse, Seattle]

It would seem that at least three people are speaking, one of whom is likely a woman, but it is difficult to make out the words. You do not see any sort of electronic lock, so it is likely that you will need an old-fashioned key, although the door does not seem all that solid. A slight breeze whips at your back and you realize that you are quite visible up on the landing should someone happen to look up at your perch. The narrow passageway between the crates and the side of the building would provide you with some concealment, but would take you a few feet from the door.
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 12th, 2075 - Outside Grainger Manufacturing Warehouse, Seattle] #492

Cynthia swears. Without any electronic device in the vicinity, she's useless, there's nothing she can do. She looks around to see if she can find a camera somewhere - or anything really - but with a sigh gets back to the street, and walks to the Stuffer Shack, grumbling on the way.

After a minute, she sends a message to Tanya. >>I'm at Grainger's warehouse but the Host is too well protected for me to hack it directly, odds are I'd be noticed before I'm done. I need to reach some electronic device slaved to it from the warehouse, but there's nothing I can reach directly. Do you know someone I could contact to get me in there? I think I found a way in, but that's not really my skill set...<<
Mercy
[Cynthia Rawson - Monday June 11th, 2075 1050 - Outside Grainger Manufacturing Warehouse, Seattle]

>>I might just know someone who can help. Is this something better left for the cover of darkness or do you need to do it this afternoon?<<
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 12th, 2075 - Outside Grainger Manufacturing Warehouse, Seattle] #493

>>Hum... I got to the door easily enough, but there were people talking on the other side. So I suppose it can wait tonight. And I suppose it can't hurt if I do some shopping before that. I'll go to the Digital in the meantime I suppose, the rest of what I'm trying to do can be done there, and I'll have an alibi or something in case it doesn't work for Roger.<<
Mercy
[Cynthia Rawson - Monday June 11th, 2075 1130 - The Digital, Seattle]

>>Fine. I will get some things ready and we can set a time to meet later to get into the warehouse. Ciao.<<

You arrive back at The Digital just before the lunch crowd starts to settle in. Looking around, you see a number of the usual crowd but there is no sign of Roger yet.
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 12th, 2075 - The Digital, Seattle] #495

>>Okay. I'll take my lunch at the digital then it'll be time to go to the university anyway.<<

Once in the digital, Cynthia looks for Roger. Not seeing him - and trying to not appear too relieved - she sends >>Hey, I'm at the Digital, I don't see you? You can't make it today?<<

Then, she goes to a table with an ice tea. And starts shopping.

~~~~~~ OOC ~~~~~~

For the shopping, it's a bit of hardware ([X] is the availability):
- Datachips x20 [-]
- Sensor Tags (Camera) x5 [5]
- Sensor Tags (Omni-directional microphone) x5 [5]
- Sensor Tags (Motion Sensors) x5 [5]
- Biomonitor [3]
- Psyche x10 [-]

There are other things on my list, but harder to find. Cynthia will ask her fixers to find those for her. It's:
- Stim Patchs R6 x10 [12]
- Stealth Tags x10 [7R]
- Jammer (Directional) R6 x1 [12F]
- Camera R6 x1 [13]
→ Low light vision
→ Flare compensation
→ Vision Enhancement R4
Camera R6 x1 [17]
→ Thermographic vision
→ Low light vision
→ Flare compensation
→ Vision magnification
→ Vision enhancement
Mercy
[Cynthia Rawson - Monday June 11th, 2075 1135 - The Digital, Seattle]

Still no reply from Roger.

You are able to get promises of delivery on the easy stuff and even most of the harder things. You are told that the jammer could be an issue due to its legality and that the second camera is a bit high on the tech list. It might be available, but the cost will be 50% greater.
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 12th, 2075 - The Digital, Seattle] #496

Cynthia agrees to everything. It doesn't cost much to begin with anyway, and she'd rather have it even if she doesn't use it, rather than the opposite. Once all of this is done, Cynthia spends some time helping Sherlock on his tasks, starting with the Franklin family. She makes sure to be able to grab something to eat and get to the university at around one though.

~~~~~~ OOC ~~~~~~

Data Search (+2VR): 16d6t5 4 for Franklin Construction
Data Search (+2VR): 16d6t5 4 for Goldstein Building
Data Search (+2VR): 16d6t5 3 for Aravak Towers & Saks Department Store

Little reminder if needed:
First one is about the Franklin family, owners of Franklin Construction and more specifically Mathew, Mark and Luke. See what you can find about who they know and work with, specifically any possible links with Sampson industries, Avila Transport and Grainger Manufacturing. Or the Yakusa and Phil Tanaka I suppose. Oh and I'd like to know who is the architect in charge of the Goldstein building for them, I'll want to get the plans from him.

Second, I need to see what you can get about the Goldstein Building. Mostly who got the security contract, and who is handling things on-site for the Governor.

And third, see what you can find on the Arawak Tower and the Saks Department Store.
Mercy
Sherlock welcomes the help on these. From what he already has and your assistance, you get the following:

Franklins: The three brothers live in luxury in the family mansion on Queen Anne's Hill. Two are married, but Luke's wife divorced him three years ago in a rather messy split that suddenly went quiet when Luke agreed to a rather hefty settlement. Matthew and Lisa have three children while Mark and Susan only have one. The only real connection that you can find between Franklin Construction and any of the other companies is that Avila Transport has been contracted to provide the trucks to move the necessary machinery and parts to the build sites and Grainger is the company of choice to provide the electrical conduiting for the buildings. There does not seem to be a direct link to Sampson Industries but Sherlock has dug up something interesting in the financial arena. It seems that the three brothers had experienced some very serious cost overruns on the Goldstein Building that had taken them to the brink of bankruptcy. They had shopped around for funding, but it seems that the banks had all closed their doors when suddenly the money was no longer a problem. It was right around that time when the brothers broke contracts with their earlier suppliers and took all their business to Avila and Grainger, as well as a couple of other smaller firms recommended by those two and conveniently on the list of companies that Sampson Industries has at least a 50% stake in. There is apparently no link between Franklin and the Yakuza, but Sherlock believes that to be strange in itself; after all, what large business does not have some sort of relationship with one crime syndicate or another? The architect on record for the Goldstein Building is Michael Probus, of Probus and Sons Architecture. The have offices in the Downtown district.

Goldstein Building: This large building is being billed as the wave of the future. The governor and the mayor both boast that it will have all the benefits and none of the problems of a certain unnamed failure in Seattle. The public site shows several artist's renditions of what the finished building will look like. The design specs indicate that the structure will stand forty stories tall and include three levels of underground parking. The large building will include luxury living at the higher floors and more affordable housing on the lower levels. This is the first of several similar structures, although the others are still in the early planning stages.

Saks: This is a building that will house the West Coast headquarters of the retail chain and will include a huge, several level store and office space.

Arawak Towers: This project is an ambitious effort to provide low-cost housing to the masses of Seattle.
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 12th, 2075 - The Digital, Seattle] #497

Cynthia takes note of all the information regarding Franklin Construction, and especially of the links with Sampson. There's probably some way to find more going that way. She also plans to visit Mr. Probus in the near future. The plans are certainly well protected, but who knows, she might be able to find a way to get what she wants.

For now, she grabs lunch, and drives to the university to get there on time.
Mercy
[Cynthia Rawson - Monday June 11th, 2075 1200 - The Digital, Seattle]

Stopping at the entrance to the university, you are given a map and an ARO to a parking lot near the Applied Sciences building. Ahhh, the world of academe. You see college-aged men and women walking between buildings on the campus. The ARO leads you to a large building and you see Tanya sitting on a stone bench talking to two young men who are standing in front of her. They appear to be students and each is wearing a backpack. Tanya turns her head and smiles at you as you approach, saying something to the men, who nod and walk away. They give you an appreciative glance as they walk away.

Tanya stands and holds out her hands in greeting. "The wonders of youth never cease to amaze me. Can you believe that I was just invited to accompany those two young men back to their dorm room for some recreational sex? And me at my age? It was so unexpected that I almost said yes." She laughs. "So, ready for this lecture?"
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 12th, 2075 - Washington University, Seattle] #498

Cynthia seems surprised "Really? They just came to you like that?" She shakes her head "Uh..." She looks at the back of the two students for a moment, then shrugs "Yeah sure, though it's early. I wanted to be surte to get there on time, but now I'm really early..."

She rubs her chin for a second, then adds "I suppose I can continue my work while we wait. Unless there's something better to do around here?"
Mercy
Tanya laughs. "Not really. Well, unless you want me to flag those two hunks down and take them up on their offer. I am pretty sure that they would not mind adding a beautiful girl to the mix. Otherwise, we can go get a good seat and you can do some more work. Up to you, but I think the boys would be more exciting, and there is nothing wrong with a little bit of fun sex."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 12th, 2075 - Washington University, Seattle] #499

Cynthia shorts "I never said there was anything wrong with that, but I'm not interested anyway." She shrugs "I don't mind if you take their offer, but I'll pass and go get a good seat myself. And continue my research while I'm doing it."
Mercy
Tanya chuckles as she takes your arm. "No, I am not really interested in chasing down two boys. Let's go find us some good seats." The two of you walk into the building and follow the ARO for the lecture. The auditorium is open but mostly empty, with only nine other people already seated. These are in two groups and no one pays any attention to you as they chat among themselves or use their 'links for something. Tanya motions to the nearly empty room and says, "So, it looks like we can pretty much have our choice of seats. Do you prefer up close or farther back?"
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 12th, 2075 - Washington University, Seattle] #499

Cynthia looks to the front, then the back. In the end, she shrugs "No idea, it's my first time in anything like that, I don't know where is the best place. But I don't suppose it makes a lot of difference, unless we want to ask questions..."
Mercy
"I think that this is mostly just a listen and learn sort of thing for us right now, unless you want to take a shot at that intern slot she has. I have to confess that most of what she says is strictly beyond me."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 12th, 2075 - Washington University, Seattle] #500

"Then let's go to the front. That way if I want to ask some questions, I won't have to shout."
Mercy
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 13th, 2075, 1255 - Washington University, Seattle]

The two of you find seats near the front and sit down to wait for the lecture to begin. A number of students file in as the time nears for the lecture, but the hall is far from full and most of the people seem to congregate in small groups, leaving the pair of you alone. At 1325, the woman you recognize from the club walks onto the stage from the left wing and places some papers and a tablet of some kind on the podium. She presses some sort switch and the backdrop curtain pulls to the side, revealing a large trivid screen. The lights dim and she clears her throat, getting the attention of the gathered students. When all are quiet, she begins her lecture.

Her introductory statement catches your attention. "Sprites. What do we know of them? Even for the technomancers among us and for those who are searching for what makes a technomancer tick, the sprites have long been a mystery. These beings are more of a mystery than spirits and are seldom, if ever, seen outside the realm of the technomancer. Many people have seen spirits at work or at least the effects of spirits, but few have ever seen a sprite due to its nature and who can summon them. This summer session seeks to lift the curtain of sprites and will endeavor to shed some light on them. My first theory is that sprites are not merely summoned creations of the technomancers, but a real, thriving group of entities, living on some sort of metaphysical plane."

Most of the people in the audience erupt in laughter and several stand to counter her hypothesis as a complete fabrication and an attempt to get her moment of fame. Several of these people are older and seem to be part of the faculty here. Most of the students in the hall appear to agree with this sentiment, although a small group of four students remains quiet. After several minutes of noise, the disruptive people sit back down and Professor Freed continues to lay out her hypothesis. She does not put forth much proof, admitting that the idea is a radical one, but that sny students that remain in the class will be helping to stretch the knowledge of sprites and technomancers.
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 12th, 2075 - Washington University, Seattle] #501

Cynthia is clearly surprised by the reaction Freed's introduction gets. While she's not sure she agrees with her, there are no proofs, one way or the other. In addition to that, she'd bet none of those that laugh are technomancers themselves. Who can they presume to understand anything about Sprites? She doesn't even understand herself, and she has been talking and interacting with them daily for years now...

She shakes her head, grumbling "Those people are so stupid it hurts..." She snorts, but stays silent otherwise, ready to listen to the rest.
Mercy
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 13th, 2075, 1330 - Washington University, Seattle]

Once the auditorium quiets down, Professor Freed continues to lay out the synopsis of her class. Her primary theory seems to be that sprites live in communities, perhaps quite large one, and that individual sprites are summoned from these communities by the technomancers, who actually remain in blissful ignorance of the truth. After finishing, she looks about and asks for questions.
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 12th, 2075 - Washington University, Seattle] #502

Cynthia waits for a few seconds for anyone else to ask questions, then raises her hand and asks "From what we know, Sprites are as talkative about where they come from - if they come from somewhere - as spirits. Can you prove - or at least, strengthen - your theory without their help?"
Mercy
Professor Freed looks out to see where the question had come from. "Very good question. You are right in saying that sprites are not very forthcoming with this sort of information. So far, all the evidence is anecdotal and not empirical. This course will focus on finding as much empirical proof as possible during the term. I hope that you are interested in the course and not just here to scoff. I could use interested students in the classroom and out doing the research in the field."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 12th, 2075 - Washington University, Seattle] #503

Cynthia nods in thanks for the answer. She looks around her, but doesn't ask any new question at the moment.
Mercy
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 13th, 2075, 1430 - Washington University, Seattle]

Most of the hecklers had left about halfway through the lecture, as well as most of the students. When she was finished, Freed's audience consisted of eight students, two of whom were sleeping, one other teacher who has remained quiet throughout the lecture, and the two of you. She shuts down the projection system and gives a somewhat crooked smile at the sleepers. "Would someone please nudge those two and let them know that nap time is over? Thank you. For those of you remaining that are interested in the class, please come to the office and register for it. I can promise you an interesting time as we try to find out more about sprites. Thank you for your attention. I will be in my office for the next two hours. Select Freed from the menu and you will get an ARO to the office if you do not already know where it is."

She looks like she is getting ready to leave. Tanya leans close to you and whispers. "Interested enough to go talk to her?"
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 12th, 2075 - Washington University, Seattle] #504

Cynthia nods "Since I'm not a student here I can't really register to this class, but it could be interesting. I don't even understand why her theory got that stupid reaction, especially considering that nothing is really known about sprites. I don't believe she wasn't expecting it though. Which means that she's pretty sure about what she thinks." She rubs her chin, pensive, then adds "So yeah, I'm curious."
Mercy
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 13th, 2075, 1432 - Washington University, Seattle]

"She certainly seems confident, doesn't she? I think that the stupid reaction is based a bit on how people in general look at technomancers. There is a good bit of fear involved; at least from all the talk I have heard. I am pretty sure that most people are not interested in finding out that sprites can form communities. Am I right?"

Tanya waits for the small group of people to leave the auditorium before rising and moving through the seats towards the podium. The professor looks up and smiles. "Tanya, dear, how nice to see you. I did not see you in the audience." The two hold hands and bus each other's cheeks. "To what do I owe this meeting?"

Tanya laughs. "I am always such an open book to you, Margaret. I wanted to introduce you to a young colleague of mine. Professor Freed, this is Cynthia Rawson. Cynthia, Professor Freed."

Freed looks you over then smiles again. "Any friend of Tanya's is a friend of mine."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 12th, 2075 - Washington University, Seattle] #505

Cynthia snorts and says in a tone dripping with irony (and maybe a bit of anger) "Fear regarding technomancers? No way..." she shakes her head and follows Tanya, but staying a step back. She nods in greetings at Freed "Hi."

She seems to hesitate for a moment, then asks "The morons who laughed did so because they have something better to say, or are they just plain stupid?"
Mercy
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 13th, 2075, 1434 - Washington University, Seattle]

Professor Freed looks at you and smiles broadly. "A bit of both, probably. I have been fighting that sort of problem for years. Oh, I was the golden girl as long as I toed the line and gave out the university pablum in my classes. Now that I have some tenure here, I can kick things up a bit and some of the senior staff do not like it. I have heard that some of the chairs are looking for some loophole that will allow them to terminate my contract." She shrugs and continues. "I think I am about fed up with all of it and am just about ready to tell them to stuff their drek right up their fragging asses. Of course, that will not really happen until they actually kick me out. In the meantime, I need the assets the university can give me.........and their funding."

She looks at you with a bit more interest. "Shall I take it, then, that you share some of my ideas or at least interested in the concept?"
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 12th, 2075 - Washington University, Seattle] #506

Cynthia shrugs "I don't know where sprites come, or even if they come from anywhere at all. So I can't say I share your ideas. But it also means that I don't disagree with you. Let's say that I'm willing to consider you might be right, and curious about what makes you sure enough of yourself to take this risk." She shakes her head with a chuckle "Which is a real improvement compared to other reactions I suppose, but not much."

She pauses, pensive, then adds "That being said, while I'm considering enrolling, I'm not a student here so I can't really attend your class."
Mercy
Freed looks a bit confused. "Not a student? Then why.......?" She shakes her head, "No matter. Are you interested enough to do some work for me? I do have access to some project funds that I can use to pay you for being my TA, or research assistant."

She waves her hand at the empty auditorium. "Even the students interested enough in taking the course did not come up to talk to me about it, which indicates to me that their hearts are not really into the subject. Are you up to working for me on this?"
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 12th, 2075 - Washington University, Seattle] #507

Cynthia stays silent for a moment before answering "I don't know, it would depend on what it implies I suppose. I'll be in...abroad in a few days for I don't know how long for example. Plus, aren't TAs supposed to be graduate students? Like I said, I'm not even a student, yet anyway, so it might not be that easy. Plus, shouldn't you check what I can do - or can't - before proposing something like that?" She smiles lightly "After all, I find astronomy interesting too, but that doesn't mean I'd be able to do anything regarding that subject..."
Mercy
The woman looks at you for a few moments then laughs. "No, you are right on all counts. TAs are supposed to be grad students and I really should know more about you in any case. You are wiser than your age would indicate. It is sad that you are going away, so I guess this term is out, then. Perhaps we can talk more after you return and we can see about getting you enrolled in classes here for the fall or winter term. Here is my com code; contact me when you get back and let's talk."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 12th, 2075 - Washington University, Seattle] #508

Cynthia shrugs, a bit ill at ease. "Even if I didn't leave, I suppose it'd be impossible for me to enrol here for this term. And like I said, I'm not even sure I'd want to. I only started considering it yesterday, and I don't want to do it on a whim. I'm afraid I'd be bored after a week... I intend to plan that carefully. Plus, I'm sure there are a lot of requirements, and I'm not sure it would even be possible at all. I suppose I'd have to meet someone in administration to check all that..."

She twirls a strand of hair with her finger for a couple of seconds, then adds "That being said, the Matrix being what it is, I don't really need to be on site, at least to begin with. You must have stuff I can read or look into?"
Mercy
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 13th, 2075, 1440 - Washington University, Seattle]

"Enrolling is as easy as coughing up the money and you do not actually need to enroll for all the credits you would need for graduation all at once. We have a lot of students that are attending one or two classes a term, so do not let that stop you if you are interested. Some are even taking classes by matrix, so there is no reason why you could not do that as well. Check out the syllabus on my site here and see if any of the materials interest you. If you really want to get into this very exciting field of study, all you have to do is contact me for permission to have access to the materials. And if all you want is to see what I have done so far and what I am basing my work on, you can just click on the Background tab on the syllabus.
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 12th, 2075 - Washington University, Seattle] #509

Cynthia nods "I'll look into that then." She rubs her chin, then adds "Though if I go to the trouble of going to college, it probably won't be only for matrix stuff. That'd be a waste... At least in some other fields I'd be sure to learn new stuff from day one..." She frowns, then asks "Some students only take one or two classes a term, but are there some that complete two or more terms in one?"
Mercy
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 13th, 2075, 1444 - Washington University, Seattle]

Freed laughs softly. "Not only do I not know anyone with that sort of drive, I do not even know if it can be done. A full load of 12-14 credits is hard enough to do in one year with all the side distractions, so I would think that it would be rare that the school would allow someone to even try 24-28 credits. Oh, they would want your money, but they want it year after year, not all at once. But I have to say I do like your style. Say, I have to head off to a staff meeting, but would you two care to join me for dinner this evening? Say 1700 or so? I cook up a great chicken Marsala, or what passes for chicken these days."

She looks at both of you and Tanya looks at you.
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 12th, 2075 - Washington University, Seattle] #510

Cynthia shrugs "If I struggle to keep up, then I can't get bored now, can I? How much money are we talking about anyway?"

She doesn't offer any answer to the question yet, letting Tanya answer first.
Mercy
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 13th, 2075, 1444 - Washington University, Seattle]

Professor Freed nods. "No, I dare say that you would not be bored. Still, the question of how many credits you can take is not for me to answer. As for costs, I think that somewhere around 250 nuyen per credit per term is normal."

Tanya winces at the offer to dine with the professor. "I am afraid that I am already committed tonight." She waves her hand about. "A board meeting for some charity of another. I do not know if Cynthia has anything planned."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 12th, 2075 - Washington University, Seattle] #512

Cynthia nods "Then I guess I'll have to schedule an appointment with the administration." She pauses, pensive, then adds "I do have something planned tonight but I don't yet know at what time. So instead of making other plans I might not be able to honor, it would probably be best to schedule that another day I think."
Mercy
Freed nods and smiles. "I completely understand. I usually get quite confused about any plans that are outside my little academic world. Perhaps another time." She nods to you and buses Tanya's cheeks again. "It was nice to meet you, Cynthia. Tanya, dear, we really must sit down for tea some day and catch up."

Tanya agrees and turns to walk out of the auditorium. Once in the outside, she turns to you. "Well? What do you think?"
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 12th, 2075 - Washington University, Seattle] #513

Cynthia stays silent for a moment. "I'm not sure. I mean it seems interesting and I'd like to know more about her theory and what allows her to say that. But do I want more than that? Going to college is nice and all, but it's not a goal, only a mean to a goal. And I don't know what would be my goal to be honest..."

For a few seconds, she walks silently, then adds "I'll have to think about that. Anyway, where should I go and at what time to meet the person who'll help me get into the warehouse?"
Mercy
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 13th, 2075, 1450 - Washington University, Seattle]

Tanya looks like she is concentrating on something then says, "There is a small 'Shack that is local to that area and only a couple of blocks from the warehouse. Be there at 2300 and you will be met. Now, if you drove here I will bid you farewell for now. If you need a ride somewhere, I can drop you off."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 12th, 2075 - Washington University, Seattle] #514

Cynthia nods "Okay. I drove here, so see you later, I'll let you know how it goes."

Once back in her car, Cynthia checks with Sherlock how his investigations are going. Then, with a deep sigh, she decides to check on what files and recordings she got from Phil Tanaka's secure comlink.
Mercy
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 13th, 2075, 1450 - Washington University, Seattle]

Tanaka's files would be boring except that he appears to be communicating with superiors and subordinates about routine operations involving vice; prostitution, gambling, and smuggling. You can gain some insight into the inner operational workings of the organization.
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - Wednesday June 12th, 2075 - Washington University, Seattle] #515

Cynthia grumbles. She may have some interesting bits of information about the Yakuza, but that's not at all what she's interested in. She tells her car to drive near the offices of Probus and Sons Architecture, while she assembles what she got from Tanaka in a nice diagram, with an organigram, contact informations, businesses locations, important clients, etc. Through it all however, she keeps an eye in case she missed something at the first viewing about Sampson Industries or members of its board.

~~~~~~ OOC ~~~~~~

I'll spend 3 karma to get the knowledge skill Yakuza at 2.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012