Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nouveaux Reflections: OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Buddha72
Ok going to fry the baddie under the van to a smoldering pile of parts. Casting Lightning Bolt (Force 6 at a Serious), dual natured right now so ruthenium doesn't help him at all.

Centering against penalties (TN 4)
10 04 04 03 03 01 (3 successes/cancels 1 pt of penalties)

Lightning Bolt TN 5 (8 sorcery/3 spell pool/1 die ascepted)
13 10 09 08 08 05 05 04 02 01 01 01 (7 successes)

Drain 4D (8 Willpower/4 spell pool/1 die ascepted)
17 10 05 05 05 04 04 04 02 02 02 01 01 (8 successes/no drain)
Shadow
The van ios going to go full revers for half its accelleration (6 meters) then stop. Then I am going to open up on the guy.

6 Gunnery dice. 10 rounds fired.

Mod: INt SGII, 10 points recoil reduction (mount and gv)

10 10 5 5 4 2
Fenris
Joli - 9 successes on the soak, eliminating your 7 successes and staging the serious down to a medium. He fries a little. Ruthenium down, comms down, touches off some ammo wink.gif

Shadow - Moving vehicles is a complex action, I'm sorry ;(

Sebastian's up, with Eric after Jester as soon as Shadow let's me know what he actually wants to do.
FXcalibur
I'm really sorry, but I'm going to have to back out again. My school just started, but well, that's not the real reason why I can't rejoin.

I sat down with my shadowrun book the other day, as i was having tea and just chilling out at home. I placed the book on the table, but I just...well, couldn't bear to open or read it. To be really honest, I've forgotten almost every SR rule and deleted all my character sheets. I couldn't pick up the book because I was badly burnt out and I still just can't bear to play SR again.

I'm a horrible person for just leaving the group like that, and I'm sorry to tell you this only now. Still, I wish you all a good game, and hope you don't let bad players like me spoil your fun smile.gif
BishopMcQ
Presuming the punk is still alive, I'm going to aim and shoot.

TN2 -1 for aiming (Sight modifiers for foam, smoke etc?)
07 05 04 02 02 01 01 (5 skill, 2 CP)

Hopefully that's 5 successes. 10S--base damage from the shotgun.
Buddha72
Ok Sebastian is going to move behind the sniper in the alley and materialized (simple action) and percieve in detail (other simple)

Perception
11 09 05 05 05 03
Fenris
McQuillan - You would have been taking a -2 from partial cover, but Jesters's moved the van wink.gif I'm still going to tack on a -1 from foam, smoke, squealing tires, etc. Still 5 successes though.

Buddha - Is Sebastian attempting to hide or anything?

Buddha72
Oops! I think a little sneaky would be in order.

Stealth (defaulting to Quickness so back out 4 from the roll results)
20 03 03 02 (woot!)
Fenris
As if things hadn't been on enough of a hold, I'm taking off for about 10 days for the holidays. I will be back though, and with a renewed sense of purpose, rest assured.

I'd like to try and get this wrapped up in about a week or two after the holidays and press onwards. There was an actual storyline behind here I wanted to drag out wink.gif
Fenris
As if things hadn't been on enough of a hold, I'm taking off for about 10 days for the holidays. I will be back though, and with a renewed sense of purpose, rest assured.

I'd like to try and get this wrapped up in about a week or two after the holidays and press onwards. There was an actual storyline behind here I wanted to drag out wink.gif
Fu-Man Chu
Cool cool - have a good trip Fenris!
Fenris
Tombstone - 16
Blackjack - 12

You guys are up wink.gif We're going to try and move things along a little faster, with a whole New Year's resolution thingy wink.gif

As it currently stands, the guy under the van seems to be down. Sebastian is currently perched behind a second sniper outside, with the rest of the group assembled indoors. Currently, the foam has cut down most of the phospherous, and the last shreds of Neruostun are hanging in the air. Tombstone and Blackjack are up! We'll try and get things to a pretty good pace and move on with the rest of the game after this one encounter wink.gif
Buddha72
Blackjack?

You out there? Your turn to post so we can get this baby moving again.
Fu-Man Chu
Welcome back Fen! I look forward to the increased rate . . .but I've got a second character ready if Bloodmoon doesn't make it through this encounter. . .
Leowulf
Sorry. I've been busy the last few days. Wasn't expecting things on the board to have changed. It's good that they have. smile.gif
Fenris
The gentlemen on the inside is dead or dying, and there are no other obvious immediate threats.

Joli - 26
Sebastian - 20
Jester - 15
Eric - 11
Tombstone - 6
Blackjack - 2

The Dragon Lady is up wink.gif, with Sebastian following, and Jester after that.

Buddha72
Sorry for the delay, got caught up in trying to get my other threads going. biggrin.gif

Joli is going to shift back (complex action) to human form and speak.

Sebastian is casting Thunderbolt Force 6 set at Serious (damage is stun).

TN 3 (-1 from the target being stationary)(7 skill)
10 07 05 04 03 02 01 (will karma)
03 03 (BOOYAH!!)

7 successes

Drain 3D (8 Will)
10 05 04 04 03 03 02 01 (6 successes/light stun)
Fenris
2 successes on the dodge roll, 1 success on the resistance roll, some karma, 1 more dodge, and 1 more success on the body resistance roll, so still a deadly wink.gif

Jester, your action. There's a dead body in front of your van and a hole in the wall of your hanger biggrin.gif
Fenris
Eric and Tombstone, you guys are up. I'll NPC Jester for the moment.
BishopMcQ
Talking and moving. I need some astral recon outside if anyone else is capable.
Fenris
Checking in to get a general consensus. Currently, you are all not aware of any more enemies. My question is, would you prefer to continue in combat rounds until further notice, or drop out until something else action-related happens?
BishopMcQ
I'd vote for dropping out unless something is going to happen in the next thirty seconds to spark a new initiative pass.
Leowulf
I don't care.

A) Drop out.

-or-

B) Delaying action. wink.gif
Glyph
I'd vote for dropping out, until something combat-related starts up again.
Buddha72
Dropping out if the action is done is my vote.
Fu-Man Chu
Dropping out preferred. . .
Fenris
Officially out of action then.

As a quick clarification, I'm going to give a summary of things so far wink.gif
Group showed up at the meet with the Johnson, and accepted the job to pick up the slack for the other team that was picked apart by a pack of snipers.
Physical and astral recon of location.
Arrived back at the hanger to discuss plans.
Bloodmoon popped outside of door, ghost showed up and followed her inside, then disappeared.
Snipers attacked.
Sebastian drops sniper #1.
Hole in side of hanger exploded.
Phospherus and Neurostun fill the hanger. Everybody burned wink.gif
Fire suppression system went off.
Enemy inside hanger appeared.
Joli changed shape.
Enemy inside dead thanks to Joli, Eric, and Jester.
Sebastian drops sniper #2.
Dropped out of combat.

Currently with us, we have:

Fu-Manchu, playing the part of Bloodmoon.
Buddha72, playing the part of Joli.
Leowulf, playing Blackjack.
McQuillian, playing Eric.
Glyph, playing Tombstone.
Buddha72
Ok Perception for Sebastian
10 05 05 05 05 02

Anything?
Fenris
Nadda. What are the rest of you doing in the meantime?
Buddha72
Heal TN 4 (8 Sorcery/7 Spell pool)
15 13 11 10 10 08 05 05 04 04 03 02 01 01 01 (10 successes)

Centering (for drain)
05 05 04 04 03 02 (4 successes/2 extra for drain)

Drain 3D (8 Will/4 Ally)
11 09 07 05 05 05 05 05 03 03 02 01 (10 successes/total 12 successes)
Fenris
Astounding success. She's been healed of 6 boxes, bringing her down to a moderate wound, and you'll only need to maintain the spell for 15 seconds.
Buddha72
Sebastian is going to go astral, fly over and take a look around

Perception
16 09 08 05 02 01

Joli is doing the same, looking for the shooter to the east.

Perception (3 Astral Pool)
16 11 09 05 04 04 03 02 02
Fenris
Both Sebastian and Joli are able to spot the snipers at the indicated locations.
Buddha72
Ok Joli is going to summon her two Air Elementals (Force 6) to her and command them to use their Noxious Breath (6S Stun/resist with Body or Willpower, whichever is better) power on the sniper to the east.

Sebastian is going to shift from the astral and cast Thunderclap on the one to the south.

Thunderclap Force 6 (set to Deadly) TN 4 (7 sorcery/2 spell pool)
05 05 05 04 04 04 04 03 02 (7 successes)

Drain 5D (8 Willpower/2 spell pool)
10 07 05 05 05 05 04 04 03 02 (6 successes)

Karma (no more for this encounter)
07 05 05 01 (3 successes/total 9 total) No drain
Fenris
I'm going to keep it out of combat for the moment, just to keep things moving quickly.

The two air elementals will phase in, and he'll take an action, then they'll trigger the noxious breath powers.

You'll need to roll combat pool if you want to dodge, otherwise you can choose to resist.
Rifle shot, 14D + 5 successes, dodge target number is 4. Second shot, 14D + 1 success, dodge target number is 4.

The second target has 11 successes to resist the thunderclap, 6 body + 9 combat pool, is taking a Medium wound, and is returning fire.
Reaction test to quick draw the pistol, 3 successes.
Shots has 5 successes, heavy pistol doing 10M, TN 4 to dodge, second shot also has 5 sucesses, same heavy pistol doing 10M, TN 4 to dodge.

[EDIT]Added in second shot, since shooting the rifle is a simple[/EDIT]
Buddha72
Ok Air Elemental #1 is going to dodge with 8 dice (2 remaining in combat pool).
15 10 10 10 05 04 04 02 (7 successes)

Air Elemental #2 is doins the same with 4 dice (6 remaining in combat pool).
11 04 02 01 (2 successes)

Sebastian is going to try to dodge the first shot with 6 (3 remaining in combat pool).
09 08 05 05 04 04 (6 successes)

Trying to dodge the second with the remaining 3 dice.
11 05 01 (2 successes)

Soaking damage with 4 body with TN 2.
05 05 04 04 (4 successes)

He's stuck with a Moderate physical wound.
Fenris
Sniper #1 resisting the noxious breath (no respirators on, so 6S stun, resisted by body), no successes on the first roll, 2 successes on the second = seriously fubar'd sniper. No unconscious though wink.gif I'm keeping this simple, so all dice pools refresh, and he's taking two more shots, both at spirit #1 this time: 14D + 2 successes on the first shot, 14D + 1 success. Dodge TN's on both are 4's.

What's Sebastian doing?

Buddha72
Ok Air Elemental #1 is going to try to dodge shoots.

1st Shot
13 11 02 01 (2 successes)

Karma reroll
07 03 (3 total so dodged)

2nd shot
17 08 04 01 (3 total so dodged)

They'll hit him again with the Noxious Breath power.

Sebastian is going for broke!!

Thunderclap Force 6 set to Deadly (7 sorcery/2 spell pool)
10 10 08 06 06 04 04 02 02 (4 successes)

Drain 5D (8 Willpower/2 spell pool)
15 09 08 08 07 05 05 03 02 01 (7 successes/light drain)
BishopMcQ
Go Sebastian Go!!
Fenris
With 7 successes, the gunman takes a Serious stun, dropping him.
Fenris
Just need a clarification at this point to see what everyone's doing.
Leowulf
Sitting in the van after finishing loading our two 'friends'.
BishopMcQ
Let's collect all 4 of them.
Glyph
Still in the van, ready to help with the loading when we get to the unconscious snipers.
Fenris
What's the plan from this point, kiddies?
BishopMcQ
Let's head to the Body Mall, interrogate the hostages. After that, check in with the Johnson, see what he wants in regards to bodies dead and alive, give him his dues and hand the rest over to the tender mercies of the first volunteer to take them off our hands.
BishopMcQ
I'm going to be on vacation from Feb 21 to 28. Please feel free to layout plans and strategies so that we can keep going since it bogged down for a little bit.
Fenris
Errr...I know there are several other people in this game besides Buddha and McQuillan. Feel free to post?
Glyph
Sorry about that. Had a bit of writer's block with what to have Tombstone do.

Rolled a Body test, TN 5 for Serious stun, with 2 successes, for 30 minutes to heal one box of stun. So he should be down from Serious to Moderate stun from the 1 1/2 hour trip, unless you rule that the van wasn't comfortable enough for uninterrupted rest.
Leowulf
Couldn't see anything to post about in recent views. I have a lack of knowledge about Seattle and its surrounding towns.

Example: What's a Body Mall? Never heard of it before. My character might have, but I haven't, which left me torn between asking or waiting to find out. I had chosen to wait.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012