Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nuyen rewards
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
BitBasher
40 sixes on one dice is: <ahem>

13,367,494,538,843,734,067,838,845,976,576 to 1.

Literally, that's the actual number.

So yes, it's technically possible. biggrin.gif
Kagetenshi
I need to get a copy of Maple for my Mac… damn thousand-dollar software programs *cries*

~J
Kremlin KOA
Kage, don't buy those chips, program them... if you must buy them, shoot the programmer and take the source code so you can make as many as you wish...
toturi
Did you study math, Kage? I mean the odds are almost never zero, just very very very very very smaaalll.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (toturi @ Sep 26 2004, 10:29 PM)
Did you study math, Kage? I mean the odds are almost never zero, just very very very very very smaaalll.

I know, hence the fact that I gave a number instead of saying no chance. If you notice, I didn't say he had zero chance, I said the chance was so small that my computer's calculator rounded it to zero (which is, all in all, a pretty fair thing to do for most purposes).

And I've studied more math than I care to, and will probably study more because I'm a masochist. Maybe the third time the messier parts of calc will actually make sense…

~J
BitBasher
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
I need to get a copy of Maple for my Mac… damn thousand-dollar software programs *cries*

~J

Just as a note, that number was spit out by Windows Calculator just fine, no thousand dollar software necessary. biggrin.gif
Kagetenshi
I know. Now trying having that calculator find the instantaneous rate of change of the surface area of water filling a trough whose sides are six-digit prime numbers at a given time with that calculator. Not everything I get is for Shadowrun, you know biggrin.gif

More to the point, I'm still actually considering a career in engineering, and that's the sort of thing that helps a lot with that.

~J
BitBasher
You know, Im not positive, but I don't think I've ever had a need for that type of equasion arise! biggrin.gif
Kagetenshi
I was exaggerating on the six-digit prime, but that's right out of my final from last year dead.gif

~J
Hopsnbaer
to spotlite
If the mega really wanted to find the characters I think they could all they have to do is keep an eye out for one of their simrigs to show up and track back from there. Even though the characters only sold to trusted contacts those contacts talk to other people it is not unreasonable to assume a properly motivated company can throw a ton of resources into finding the people who took their bread and butter. When they eventually track back to one of the characters contacts who had to sell the rig to someone rubber hoses and car batteries can do a lot to loosen the tongue of even the most loyal buddy.

Just my 2 cents

edit oops wrong thread
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012