Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Chasing the Prize
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Johnson
Tiny looks around Chrissie D's place not wondering to far.
"WOW this is a neat place" muttering to himself.

Turning to Helios

"Hey Helios apparently the Doc was using the place we come from as a walk in bodybank. The Doc was organ harvesting quit a bit as the word on the street have it. This was the first referance I got. So I checked it out.. Thats when I bumped into you lot."
pausing for a moment before continuing.
"Don't you think he has been taken to a safe house, at least until the wind blows over. Maybe relocating him to a new location outside Seattle. Thats one way of cooling the heat from the local justice system."

Thinking about this whole thing, hoping that the Sgt get back to him soon.
Kremlin KOA
"Nah it shouldn't come back on you, this guy got done due to being this kind of Asshole. The drek hit the fan for him already, they got us on Bail jumper hunt. That should tell you how unlikely it is that he will want his stuff back from that lab..."

"Are you sure?" The Asian Surgeon asked.

"He was in trouble for a lot less than this when he was caught, when we give this to Lone Star and recapture him, he will rot in a concrete box until the dragons go back to sleep... I will need that phone call, thanks... Call if anything unusual happens."

Gonzales sends Taggart a short message "JT, you fragging jaggy bastard. We just got the clue of a lifetime. Will be round your place for a nightcap and a recap. Keep that line of yours to the star open."
HeySparky
Edana shuts off her comm and smiles faintly, chuckling. Gonzales. What a guy. She shakes her head and moves through the dim of her small place, taking comfort from the pacing strides above as Herne watches over her. Taking a deep breath she rubs her face with her hands and contemplates the remainder of the night. She's exhausted, scattered and really not interested in facing what sleep will bring. But her body aches for rest.

I'm going to sleep. Thanks, Herne. You know, for...

Go to sleep. And wash your face, Sturmdottir.

Sturmdottir...? He hasn't called me that in ages. Puzzling, she flips on the trid, the images sync and as she brushes her teeth she watches a too-cheerful meteorologist describing a stormfront headed for the sprawl. She smiles, toothpaste foam leaking from the corners of her mouth. Just the thing. She rushes through her evening routine and as an afterthought dashes off a message to JT, copying the others who have addresses.

>>>>> [Message us the time and place of our meet to sync up.] <<<<<
- FirEd (04:07:33/16-DEC-2063)

She flops down on her bed, getting comfortable and goes slack as her astral form lifts out of her body. She pauses briefly with Sally, the place's tattered, old Hearth spirit and lets the ragged woman chew on her for Herne's grave misdeeds. She nods anxiously with promises to tell Herne to behave. Suspicious but satisfied for the moment, Sally moves off. Edana floats through the ceiling to find Herne waiting, pawing the ether with a shining hoof. He snorts and shakes his head, mane flying. Edana grins and wraps a twist of mane around her hand and with a strange twisting sensation she is on Herne's back. Edana barely has her seat when the spirit-horse leaps into the sky headed for the oblivion of the storm, tall and fierce on the northern horizon.
BishopMcQ
Edana:
Riding out to meet the storm, you are awed once again by the life and malice pushing out from the storm. Mother Earth still hasn't come to terms with these small being treading upon her and she lashes out with storms and fire in an attempt to exterminate these parasites.

Charging along side them, the tempest turns it attention to you. Storm spirits fly out on charges of lightning and rolling thunder, at their touch you feel your body spasm miles away. The soft caress of the storm spirits echoes down the long silver cord connecting your spirit to your unprotected body.

Join us, join the storm.

You feel them trying to pull you into them, friends not realizing the damage they could do.

Screaming, you stare up at the ceiling. Herne nuzzles against you, the cold nose of his canine form pressing into your lower back. Your hand moves to push him away and there you see it. Flashes of light and dark clouds move under your skin.

Jumping out of the bed, you stand in front of the full-body mirror. The squall traveling under your skin seems to extend to your entire body. Lightning crackles in your irises, a storm trapped in the soft globes of your eyes. Touching your face, the pale color of your flesh hidden under a raging tempest.

You collapse into a small heap, the shock of earlier evening compounding with this metamorphosis of the flesh.
BishopMcQ
::December 16, 2063 0700::

Dawn rises clear, sparkling against the cold snow and ice coating Seattle. The city begins to stir back to life, as primary thoroughfares become congested and wage slaves travel to their duldrum jobs.

Charlie:
Walking into Joe's, Debian rises from a booth in the back to gesture you over. He hands you a menu as you sit down, the hush of flatvids murmuring in the background.

A few poly-sheets slide across the table.

"Here's what I've got."

Gonzales:
Christina's voice comes clear over the cell-phone.

"You may have a problem, that vaccine you gave me is a genetically modified strain of HMHVV. I'm not sure if it will actually make a person into a ghoul, but it seems a little too risky to actually try it on someone."

JT:
Tak's phone call wakes you up three hours after went to bed.

"You rang? What do you have for me?"

Tiny:
At exactly 0700, Sergeant Cohen places the call.

"Tiny, here's what I've got. His security is run internally, you may have heard about the debacle that happened a few months ago at one of his pharmaceutical labs. Insurance auditors hired a team to test the security, the team recorded footage of their entrance. That's when everything went bad--the security chief apparently was unstable. She massacred her own security team after they proved incapable of stopping the encroaching invaders. The team defended themselves from her using deadly force and she was killed. Ballefour did not press charges against the investigators, settling out of court."
Tanka
Charlie sits down, taking the menu from Debian. He gives it a once over, then sets the menu down. He picks up the sheets and begins scanning them.

To the waiter/waitress, whenever he/she comes: "Charlie's Breakfast."

A Charlie's Breakfast is something he concocted by ordering so many times. It doesn't have an entry in the menu, but enough people know about it that it doesn't matter. It consists of scrambled eggs with pepper sprinkled on top, home fries and ketchup, six pieces of bacon, and a tall glass of scotch.
Bastard
"...huh...who the fra....Oh. Good morning, Tak. I have another count of murder you can tack onto Bellafour's warrant. We checked his place out last night and uncovered a young lady. He skinned her alive, I don't think I have ever seen anything so sick. It didn't even seem real.

"I thought you might be able to at least go over there and recover the body. If you need me to go over there for my account I am sure I can work that out. I just want this poor girl to get a proper burial, and her parents to know where she is."

"Thanks Tak. Call me if you need me."

After the call from the detective JT looks at the clock, only a little after seven. He can still catch an hour or two before getting back to work. A magicians best friend is rest, ok second best after his dog.
BishopMcQ
Charlie:
The waitress jots down your order and is gone before you pickup the scream sheets. Debian had done his work, it looks like Ballefour bought tickets for the suborbital flight that you found a link to, but he never boarded. Yesterday Ballefour went to the bank and withdrawn fifty large--half in certified cred, the other half in hard currency. Apparently a video feed from the bank security cameras shows Ballefour joking with the teller about going to New Vegas.

In the past few weeks, Ballefour has been somewhat of a recluse avoiding the office. He told his secretary that he was working from home due to legal troubles.

Grave:
Just after 0700, Colonel Hodge gets in touch. His stern face is showing its age this morning but he is cleanly pressed in his alphas and pushing past the maladies of time.

"Alright son, as far as I can tell, his company was stockpiling enough VITAS cellular strains, that with the proper incubation equipment and a low atmosphere burst he could blanket most of Continental Europe and Asia. Those strains would have taken months to grow and stockpile, but he had them. The good news is that he doesn't have anyone on the payroll that could pull that stunt off, the bad news is that there are enough fraggers working on a "Consultant" basis that it may be possible."
toturi
Grave:

"Roger that, sir. If it is not too much trouble, could you please give some people in CDC or WHO an unofficial heads up? Thanks for the intel, sir. A group of associates and I found a small cache of VITAS and a manportable delivery system."
BishopMcQ
Grave:
"Roger that, they informed me about the growing problem, but I will pass on your concerns about the delivery system."
Johnson
Tiny wakes up to the contious ringing of his phone. Putting the ear piece on, he finger fumbles over the answer button.
"It me here."

Hearing the Sgt voice, Tiny sit up quickly.
"So what have you got for me Sgt?"

The Sgt start explain what has happened to the Pharmacutical Company.

Trying to find out more Tiny asks more questions

"Hey Sgt where is this company where the security breach took place? Also whats the name of the insurance company?"

pausing for a moment to collect his thoughts before talking again.

"By the way when did this happen? Was it recent? Are there any media references that I could look up to as what happened. Please Sgt I would appreciate this"

BishopMcQ
Tiny:

"This happened out in a commercial park near Bellevue." You hear the sergeant clicking through computer files before answering your next question.

"Let's see, Watanabe Security Consulting hired the team in contract to Imperial Insurance, based out of New York. This all happened last summer, mid-August. I can ask around if anyone still has newsfeeds. They probably should, apparently the team broke a second floor window--two of them flew away. A troll, presumably a member of the team hired to test the security was levitated out unconscious."
BishopMcQ
::December 16, 2063 0745::

JT's cell phone goes off, Tak's voice clear over the line. Hanging up he calls the trid to life. While watching the newsfeed, he wakes up sleeping team members and interrupts others.

"Guys, we may have a problem that just got a lot bigger."

News feeds are flooding every local station about terrorist activity striking Seattle. Reports are varied, but everyone is sure that during the middle of the morning commute, biological agents were released at the Central Train Station in Seattle. Passengers are being recommended to limit their contact with others as it is believed that they may have been exposed to the VITAS plague, a highly contagious airborne disease.

No terrorist group has yet claimed responsibility for this atrocity.

Images of officials in complete Haz-Mat suits are shuffling apparently healthy but panicked individuals into containment tents. You watch as outliers in the mob escape out into the city and can feel the cold sense of dread that they are going to spread the virus further.
Johnson
Tiny
"This is not going to be a good day." muttering to himslef as he recieved the messages.

Thumbing the trid tiny hope to get more infomation as what is going, and what loacations are being hit.

Collecting his gear as he does every morning Tiny is concerned about this whole thing. VITAS, Tiny has heard about it, not understanding this whole Virus-Viral thing. Just that it make you very sick.

JT

[>>>>>>> What are we going to do with this comotion then. I have to catch a train from the Barrens everytime.....Tiny]

Bastard
<JT's apartment: 0746 16 Dec 63>

JT is fully awake after witnessing the terror on the morning news. Drek! We need to catch this fragger! Leaping out of bed, he startles the still-sleeping Kane. The German shepherd lets out a short yelp, watching his master run to the trid. Putting on clothes and searching for his Ruger Thunderbolt pistol, JT scrambles around the apartment. Finally he locates the large sidearm in between the seat cushion on the easy chair. Still watching the live newsfeed, he alerts the rest of the team.

"Guys, we may have a problem that just got a lot bigger. Anyone have any ideas where we should start. I can see if we can get a copy of the video at the station. We still need to consolidate our information as well."

"Tiny, take a taxi, as soon as we get a meet location."

JT continues preparing while making calls. He washes his face between two, and brushes his teeth rather quickly between two more. He throws a little water in his short hair, as if it would magically styles it. One last check of all his equipment, Ruger, armor, a couple restraints, clothes; check, check, check and check. After checking the dog's food and water dish he is ready to head out.

Outside JT hops on his Harley Scorpion, en route to his next destination. The heavy bike handles the snow rather well, as long as he keeps the speed down, especially around corners. The crisp winter air bites at his cheeks, but its nothing compared to some of the nights spent in the Sierra Nevadas. The sub freezing temperatures actually have one good benefit, Taggart's hair freezes in place from the water recently provided. Just like magic.
toturi
Grave was unable to go back to sleep after the Colonel's intel update despite only having 2 hours of sleep. After programming his telecom to watch the newsfeeds for the following keywords "Biological warfare", "VITAS" and "Terrorism", he proceeds with his daily kata.

Before JT's call, Grave had already gotten the news having been alerted by his telecom. He could hear the troopers of Task Force Seattle being turned out.

"Yeah, I know. I am watching the trid."

Grave preps his weapons and armour as well as other miscellaneous equipment in preperation for an extended mission. After stuffing his MREs and other survival equipment into his backpack, he readies his bike and rides off to the meet.
Johnson
Tiny
Moves his rump, putiing his form fitting body armour on, folowed by his lower back quick cross draw concealed holster on. Checking the calibration on his custom Browning Max Power and his Smart link, after all check are ok he slam home a red based mag of explosive rounds, and securing it in his holster. Uzi is still snug and safe in his pack loaded with normal rounds. Checking Cyber responses and spur are okay, neatly folding his shock gloves into his jacket, after checking they are still fully charged.

Out comes the Bovine educator. The AZ 150 Stun Baton, which is placed nicely into seamed sheath of his fleecy trench coat. Just a once over that all is go, he put on his electronic gadgets. All is fine for go.

Thinking a head of time, he hopes they meet at that Bling Bling place again. The food was good.

Tiny walks out into the cold air, and heads for the closest taxi cab pickup point. Keeping alert on his surrounding. He hails a cab.

HMHVV Hunter
Helios groggily punches the button on his ringing telecom.

"Wha tha 'ell are you doin'?" he asks, only half awake. "Ya know I sleep durin' the day..."

"Guys, we may have a problem that just got a lot bigger."

Confused, Helios groggily turns on the trid...and what he sees shocks him into full wakefulness.

Son of a bitch, he thinks. It's the Aum Shinri Kyo all over again.

Now fully conscious, Helios speedily types the numbers to JT's cellphone.

"Do we have a meeting place yet?" he asks, carrying on the conversation as he grabs his loaded Manhunter and 3 extra clips and slips them into the concealed holster under his armored trenchcoat.

Frag it, I need more than this, he thinks.

Grabbing his military rucksack, he opens it and piles in his loaded Cobra SMG and 5 extra clips, along with 2 more extra clips for his Manhunter and the 3 he's already pulled out. All the clips have Regular ammo. He also puts his katana on himself, just in case.

When bio-warfare starts, you don't fuck around, he thinks to himself, as he slings the sack onto his back and waits for JT's response.
HeySparky
"Okay. I will tell her." Herne's voice rumbles across the comm with a vague distaste that JT cannot help but hear before the link goes dead. The spirit in man-form blinks impassively and looks at Edana, so changed, lying on the bed asleep where he put her. We should have ridden off with the storm, away from this place that will kill you for breathing.

He decides to let her sleep and goes about the business of getting their gear together and into the Brumby. Edana wakes with a start when the door doesn't quite shut and a cold gust of wind swirls in.

She reaches for the covers as wakefulness slowly seeps into her brain. She aches from head to foot. The previous night returns - the house - the body - the storm. A jolt of panic and her vision dims as she leaps out of the bed tearing the covers away and lunging for the mirror. I fell over right here. How...? She shivers. The door... Herne. The stamping of boots at the door announce her spirit ally's return. But she barely registers it as she gapes... What's happening to me?

The Storm tried to take you. Next time you should let it. Dog Brother commed. Herne's sending turns respectful at the last and then swiftly takes an edge of alarm as he continues packing a large military duffel with various camo gear and other stuff. There is a sickness in the city. VITAS. The spirit-man dressed in urban camo wrestles a contraption out of the bag and tosses it to Edana. Use this until it is safe.

Edana fumbles with the information and the air filter that Herne has tossed at her. "I don't understand." She takes a deep breath and starts again, putting on the filter... I don't understand. What is happening?

Herne finishes locking up the house and ushers Edana out of the house. He shakes his head as he pulls the door to. He blinks golden owl-like eyes slowly before putting on his shades. Get in the car, I will tell you while I drive.
Tanka
"Hm, nice work Debian. Breakfast is on me, an' mebbe another one er two after tha' when we catch tha guy. Sound good?"

Charlie looked around the bar, hungrily awaiting his food and drink to arrive.
Kremlin KOA
Gonzales heads to JT's place as soon as he gets the message, loaded for bear. he has grabbed every weapon he has, and loaded them into a briefcase along with every bullet he could scrounge. along with several changes of clothes (armored of course) into a duffel bag, along with a battery iron, and his medkit.
puffing for breath, the only things keeping him up are a combination of the endorphins from his trauma dampner and the increased circulation from his synthacardium.

"Hey JT, got here as quick as I could, packed for anything... Frag he's left already," Where would he go? probably to Bling's in which case I will need the wake up juice. Better call a cab, or maybe get a lift from Edana...
BishopMcQ
Charlie:
The waitress is on her way to your table with your breakfasts as your phone rings. She turns to look at the flatvid as it interrupts the current program for a newsfeed. The news breaks to you over the phone at the same time that it seems to dawn on the waitress' face. You watch the plate fall and shatter on the hard tile. Volume is turned up as patrons turn to watch the update.
Tanka
Charlie's eyes go wide.

"Oh, frag, oh frag, oh frag, OH FRAG! Er, Debian, looks like we gotta skip breakfast. Know anybody willin' ta hand out air filters?"
Kremlin KOA
Gonzales dials the number left him on a message this morning. "Herne, Gonzales here. Just got to Taggart's but he's left for the meet already. Any chance of a lift?"

"I thought those mettal feet of yours meant you usually didn't need such things?" The spirit responded.

"Yeah, but I have been running around for 15 hours now and am exhausted."

"Where are you?"

"Taggart's, sending the address."

Gonzales waited for the vehicle to arrive, barely able to keep his eyes open.
HMHVV Hunter
Helios eventually gives up on JT and dials up Gonzales.

"Hey Gonzo," he says, using his somewhat goofy nickname for his comrade. "I tried calling JT to see where the meet was, but he hasn't called back yet. You have any idea where it's going to be?"
Kremlin KOA
"Knowing JT it will probably be at blings, but something is making me second guess that, come to the address I send you, I am waiting there for Edana and Herne, and I have something you need to know."
HMHVV Hunter
"Be right there," Helios says.

20 minutes later, Helios walks up to Gonzales at the address.

"What's up?" he asks Gonzales.
Kremlin KOA
"The Vaccine is a Genetically modified version of your favorite virus... side effects uncertain."
HMHVV Hunter
Helios's face hardens into an angry scowl as Gonzales's news sinks in.

"Son of a bitch," he mutters. "First his Japanese cult impression this morning, now he's trying to spawn more Infected...we've got to get this guy."

He stands on the sidewalk, stiff as a British marine on guard duty, while thoughts of the good doctor's slow, painful death swirl in his head as he patiently waits for their ride.
Johnson
Tiny arrives at Bling's after a hard 45 min drive in the Cab from the Barrens, with all the Histeria starting on the streets. Its not going to be long when looting may take place. All depends on the histeria of VITAS being released in to the air. After sloting a credstick to pay the cabs, Tiny checks the surrounding to make sure there is no surprise as he steps out the cab.

Slinging his duffle bag over his shoulder, Tiny takes a slow walk past the Bling just to check if anyone is there. Not hearing from anyone as yet he, he heads to the closest Trid board caster and watches the headlines. Just checking if anyone arrives at the Bling.
Bastard
JT stops by Rocket Surplus on the way to the meet to see how much MOPP gear he can pick up. Sam always has a good stockpile of old NBC equipment, but it might sell out today. He rests the bike on its stand right out in front of the store. Looks like Im the first one here today. Hustling in from the snow, JT receives the call from Helios.

"Sorry chummer...couldn't answer the phone while I was cruisin' on the Scorpion. The meet is at Bling Bling's. Im not buying beer this time, since you all bitched about it last night. They have almost everything there, if not on tap, then in the bottle. I will be there shortly, just got to pick up some equipment first."

JT hangs the phone up as he approaches Sam in the back of the store watching some old military flick, as always. Vincent D'Onofrio's voice booms from the little black box, "I am in a world of shit!"

"That's an understatement," JT answers the portable television. "Hey Sam, I need to get some protective breathing equipment-quick. You might want to save one for yourself. You did hear about the possible VITAS scare at Central Station this morning?"

"Holy Drek! Its them damn Natives again ain't it!"

"Calm down Sam, its not the Native Americans.'

"Oh Frag, its gotta be them leaf eatin elves, huh!" The old man is furious now. His face is flushed and his knuckles white in their clenched fists. A gunshot echos from the old tv, adding more adrenaline to the veteran's blood stream.

"No, its a single wacko, dont worry we're on it. Thats what I need the gas masks for," JT says trying to come the man down.

........................................................................................................................

After aquiring the new equipment from the military surplus dealer, Taggart heads to the meet.
HeySparky
The Brumby's tires grit as Herne makes a turn off of Maple to merge onto the 5 and into morning traffic. Usually content behind the wheel of the rough-and-ready SUV, this morning is different. He glances at Edana struggling in the back seat to get her camo gear on. Really, Herne, couldn't we have waited until I got dressed?

No.

Taggart's address blinks on Edana's now dash-mounted pocket secretary. It'll take forty five minutes, easy.

Not if we have help.

No, Herne, it's not right. We're not more important than all these other people.

Yes, we are. We know what's going on.

Edana bites her lip and holds the air-filter mask to her face as she slithers back into the front seat, cracking her horn on the window. Dammit. She rights herself, pale face all shifting patterns of mottled darkness beneath transluscent skin. Her eyes crackle and she shakes her head.

It was an old argument. Herne liked driving. He didn't like traffic. It wasn't the first time he had tried to convince Edana to smooth traffic out by sweet-talking the spirits of the road.

No. It's not right and just now, I'm not feeling up to it. I would probably do more harm than good. But I will scout ahead.

She leans the seat back and stills her mind. The swirling on her face and hands slows visibly. But energy still crackles under her eyelids, sparks flaring and arcing. How will I ever sleep with this?

Get to scouting, girl.

Right. Her astral form lifts out of her body and she begins to really understand the extent of the changes the night has wrought: her head is wreathed in a dark crown of ragged clouds that twist and float and trail down her back in a swirling train. Bolts of energy crackle across her body and thunder rumbles faintly, as if very distant. She is stricken by the effect, by the change. What does this mean?

GO. Herne's sending is strained and Edana's Astral form bolts forward to report back - lane changes, accidents and when traffic finally bogs down enough for Herne to ditch the highway and take parallel streets.

She snaps back into her body with a jolt. What's the news on the train station? Edana turns up the volume as the Brumby makes the turn onto JT's street to pick up Gonzales and head to Bling's.
Kremlin KOA
Gonzales jumps up as the Brumby arrives. "Helios our ride is here, let's head to Bling Bling's." Gonzales runs up to the Brumby "Hey Helios, hey Eda..." What the frag? did the doctor's stuff do this to her? is she still Edana? I'm going to kill that doctor. Repeatedly. "... Uh, hi."

"Good Morning Gonzales, Helios. In the back with you two... where is the meeting?" Herne asks a horrified Gonzales.

"Bling's, and I need sleep. wake me when we get there" The Dwarf finds being half asleep the only thing stopping his ming from going mad with what his eyes present to him.
HMHVV Hunter
Helios loads his stuff in the back and gets in.

I'm just hoping they serve coffee at this place, he thinks. Otherwise, I'm going to be running on pure adrenaline...

His thoughts suddenly get cut off as he falls asleep in the back of the car.
Ecclesiastes
JT's phone rings, with the ID showing up as Bishop. If JT picks up, Bishop says, "Hey boss. I got some shut-eye and I'm ready to go. What was the happenings overnight?"

If JT doesn't pick up, the above is left as a voice mail for him.
HeySparky
Edana registers Gonzales' shock and shifts her eyes away, uncomfortably, "Sorry it took so long," she mutters reaching for the controls for the heater. She dials up some warmth for the guys in the back and flashes a look at Herne as he turns east onto the street the crew will find Bling Bling's. She winces at the glare of the sun through a thick bank of clouds, her eyes suddenly sensitive and puts on her sunglasses.

"You know guys," Edana's comm chirps as she dials a number, "Bling Bling's isn't likely to be open this earl-- Townsend. It's Edana. I'm not gonna be at my place for a bit.”

She nods, “Yeah. That's why. I don’t know how long. Everything okay with you?”

She pulls down the visor and looks at the patterns swirling under her skin, “Good. I locked my place up, but if you're not leaving - could you water my mint for me?"

She smiles again, “Thanks a lot. I owe you one. Take care of yourself while I’m gone.”

She nods, “Thanks, I will. Bye.”

She hangs up and dials Jason’s number, “Hey Jason. It’s Edana, Gonzales’ friend. Yeah, don’t worry - he’s right here.”

She shifts the visor to look into the back seat at Gonzales' faintly snoring form, “Fine. Both of us. Just wanted to check in and make sure you’d seen the trid—yeah. VITAS… No kidding.”

She shakes her head, “We’re right in the middle of it. Just wanted to make sure you knew what was going on and were okay. I’m going to write up a doc with what we know and send it to you incase... Incase.” The last word is heavy in her mouth. “Okay. You too. Bye.”

The pale, unsettled young woman takes a deep breath and breathes it out slowly. She begins collating her thoughts and assembling a dossier to send to Jason and one for JT’s fixer too. Couldn’t hurt to have two teams going after this loser if everything goes all pear-shaped. She starts outlining a document with lots of blanks to fill in when the team gets together.
toturi
Grave is acutely aware that he does not have much in the way of protection against bio-weapons. He does the next best thing, he avoids contact with other people. He knows that contact with other people cannot be helped when he meets with the others but he is determined to minimise exposure either by him or to him. He rides to the meet using the backlanes and side streets, it might take longer but it might be safer.
Johnson
Only 5 minutes has passed and Tiny is already concerned about the others as he has not heard from them.

I hope they are all alright, and nothings happened to them.

Tiny takes a slow walk past back to the Bling hoping to see his colleges arriving.
Bastard
"Hoi Bishop. Whats happened over night you ask. Well the drek has hit the fan. Turn on the news, or better listen to it on you way over to Bling Bling's, we're all meeting there."

After ending the call with his teammate, JT calls Bling Bling McShizzle's. They are never busy at this time, usually all the tables are open, its usually just a couple regulars playing pool, or getting a cup of joe before work. Just to be on the safe side though, JT reserves a large table in the back for the party.
Ecclesiastes
"If things are showing up on the news, that is a bad thing indeed. I'll see you at Bling Bling's."

Bishop jumps into the shower and opens up a window in his vision displaying the local news feed.

"Drek."
BishopMcQ
::December 16, 2063 0840::

The last team members pull into the parking lot at Bling Bling McShizzle's. Except for vehicles belonging to the team, the parking lot is empty. Stepping inside, you move to the back of the room where two large tables have been pulled together to function as a meeting space and breakfast table. All the fixings are laid out and two pots of coffee are sitting on the sidebar.

A few staff-members lurk near the bar, well out of hearing unless they are cyber-modified.
Ecclesiastes
Bishop walks inside and removes his Respirator, then steps up to the table and places a White Noise Generator next to the coffee pot. Flipping it on, he then turns to the pot of grabs a cup. Black.

"What the frag happened?"
Tanka
Charlie looks around for some sort of alcohol. Bad news is best taken with alcohol. Then again, any news is best taken with alochol.

"Well, I have nary a clue. I did find out a few things about our mysterious doctor."

He slides the sheets to the center of the table.
Ecclesiastes
Bishop picks one up and begins to read.
HMHVV Hunter
Helios walks up to the table and orders some coffee.
HeySparky
Edana looks around and swipes a cup of coffee from the pot, bits and pieces of the troubling night are still gnawing at the edges of her mind. But her eyes are clear and bright - focused, literally and figuratively flashing with energy.

At some puzzled looks she waves a hand at herself dismissively, "Later," is all she says. She sits forward, with her pocket secretary held in both hands, Herne behind her, arms crossed and forbidding, like an awful lot like a body guard.

"I think we can all agree that this potential crisis is Ballefour's doing. We need to notify the authorities and get some heavy, heavy guns after this guy. Or at least ready for the damage he might cause."

She nods at Grave's report that he has already done so.

"Let's take turns. Charlie, you're up. Tell us everything. What did your decker friend dig up and what else, anything, even small stuff, did you find?"
Tanka
"Well, as it says on those sheets," he points to the sheets in the center of the table, "our boy bought a ticket for the suborbital, but never showed. He also went to the bank and withdrew fifty bigguns, half in certified cred, half in hard currency.

"Several weeks before leaving, he wasn't around the office much. His excuse to his secretary was 'legal troubles.'"
Ecclesiastes
Bishop grunts. "Still not a lot to go on..."
HMHVV Hunter
"How's about the fact that the "vaccine" we found in his lab was actually a strain of HMHVV?" Helios chimes in.
Kremlin KOA
Waking up after his fourth coffee, Gonzales looks at the others, "Okay people, we gotta catch this guy. Step one: Who funded his hidden lab, Charlie I believe you have a decker that can check the credit trail for the lab's location. Then we need to find out if those people are still helping him, and if they know what he is up to... that should provide leads to his location." Gonzles finishes and waits for comnment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012