Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Chasing the Prize
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
toturi
Graves:

"Indeed? All I saw in English was "Welcome to France". I doubt that there would be such a sign at an illegal port of entry? However, since there was no one to declare to, I could not do so. In any case, I picked those guns off the people who tried to kill me. I have told you my name, what is your name?"
HeySparky
Edana purses her lips, "I don't really know. When I returned to my body, two of the team were dead. That anomaly... it could have been Helios, I think he went in ahead of everyone."

She describes the dead man and shakes her head, "I don't know of any other names for him." She pauses, "The rest of us entered more or less together. The others were already there. They'd sprayed some sort of gas all around."

She thinks back to the chaotic blur, "I conjured the hearth spirit, he helped us try to reach Ballefour quietly. But by the time we got upstairs the situation had... soured."

She shakes her head again, eyes drifting back to the spot on the table, she wraps her arms around herself, wincing. I wonder where the others are. If they got away. She blinks slowly at the spot, shivering as the events as they unfolded replay again across her mind's eye.

"OH! Wait. One of our team did enter the premises." Fear flickers across her face as she considers carefully her next words. "Cloaked. I'm not sure how. He got into it with some nasty fey. That's when we entered. To help him. I went went scouting and saw the other Astral hunter." She shakes her head, "I think. I'm not sure now... it's all such a blur." Tears well in her eyes again. A vat... Wait!

"Did you see the others? Please tell me you saw the others." Her voice is strained.

She starts again, hand half coming to cover her mouth. "Ballefour's blood, it was all over me! Did I...!? Did you...!?" She can't bring herself to complete the thought.
BishopMcQ
JT:
"You seem to be unwilling to cooperate. Please, feel free to contact us when you are willing to answer my questions."

The man in the dark suit rises, knocks twice upon the door and leaves the room. Moments later the lights go out and you are left in pitch black with an odd warbling sound filling the room with white noise.

Graves:
"Again you dissemble, perhaps we have not been patient enough."

This time it is a woman's voice, stern and cold.

"Think about how much help you will be to your lonestar detective when he is dead in your place. You have failed captain, that much should be obvious to you at this point. Now your duty lies in getting your people home safely. A possibilty which is rapidly losing ground due to your lack of cooperation."

The light flickers on and off, creating a counterpoint to your heartbeat. It begins to give you a headache after awhile.

Edana:
"The investigation is under way. To asway your fear, there is no current trace of HMHVV in your system. However, only a rudimentary scan has been completed. It is possible that you may still become infected, due to the metaphysical nature of this particular strain, it does not always show up."

A look of apology sweeps across his features as if to say he was sorry you ever get swept into this mess.

"Though there were certain casualties from individuals taking hostile action against officers, we were able to detain several individuals fleeing the scene. One identifying himself as Rasial is complying with questioning as well in exchange for the return of certain property. The others seem to be blaming you for this. JT Taggart and Nathan Graves have both attempted to implicate several deceased members of your team in smuggling your weapons and armor across the border and illegally breaking quarantine against their better judgment.

"The primary individual to be blamed for all this was Georgio Acrolus, AKA Gonzales. Are you able to confirm that he was in fact leading your team? We are also waiting to hear back from the Seattle law enforcement department who issued the bounty you were collecting."
Bastard
"Uncooperating? What the hell, you keep asking me the same question in different ways."
HeySparky
A weight lifts from Edana's shoulders hearing that she was free of the disease. So far. She nods at the interrogators voice. Hearing all of the names spoken formally chills the young Shamaness.

"The others blame me? What others? Are my fri-- er. Are they okay?"
BishopMcQ
JT:
Your words seem to rebound in the darkness.

Edana:
"Most are whole of body, as I said there are some who were unable to be peacefully detained. I need the names of everyone on your team so that I can sort out who was with you and who belonged to Rasial's side of the field. I'm not fond of it, but it seems to to have protection from higher up. Please give me their full names, possible aliases, physical descriptions and all contact information that you have About your companions."
HeySparky
Edana senses the jaws of the trap that her interrogator has been carefully setting. She swallows. "Couldn't I listen to the names of ... the others and tell you which ones aren't my companions."

Her voice grows faint. Dry-mouthed.
BishopMcQ
Edana:
"I will give you a physical description. You can give me a name. We have not yet been able to identify all of the bodies, some of the records have been lost or individuals were never entered into the system."

Reading from the same datapad as before...

"Human, male. Late twenties, pale due to lack of exposure to sunlight. Possible nocturnal predilections. Weaponry on scale for military assault, light body armor. Found deceased in upper bedroom, severe trauma to head and torso indicative of explosive ammunition."
HeySparky
Fear flashes into anger and as quickly into sorrow. She begins to speak and stops. He's dead... what harm...

"This isn't right. I don't like this." She moves uncertainly from foot to foot, hands clenching and unclenching. She swallows. Did the sky just become darker... or was that my imagination. "Don't do this please. It wasn't us. We didn't kill them. Not the ... civilians..."
Bastard
"Well aint that a...," JT senses astrally to get a better feel for his enviroment. Maybe if he knew more about his captors, he could better explain himself. They don't seem to be law enforcement types, but this is a foreign country and maybe they use different tactics. For all he knows, they could be the same group of mercs that took down the chateaux.
BishopMcQ
Edana
"I'm sorry that it has to be this way. I will have the information about who fired which gun in a few hours. A few hours after that, I will have a complete picture of the assault on the chateau. Cooperate with me, tell me what I am going to learn anyways. If our investigators confirm what you tell me, Imay be able to keep you offf the prosecutor's list. If not, you will join everyone else who walked into that house in a very short, concise legal battle which will leave you in a vat. We are reaching the end of this hunt, will you stand with the hunters or be part of the prey?"

Without moving away from you, your interrogator seems to grow distant, as if to give you the space you need to think and decide.

JT:
You're unsure if it is the stress you've been under or some chemical which has been introduced into your body, your mind is unable to slip off the shackles of the material world.
HeySparky
Edana deflates. Herne... I can't let them put me in a vat. What would happen to Herne?

Miles away... perhaps... Herne hisses a sudden sharp gasp. He materializes in hound form behind Tigger and leaps up onto the bed, curling up to look closely at the striking man. "Do you think a jailbreak is wise Sundance? Or are you Butch?"

"HELIOS. His name was Helios. That's all I know." She turns her back on the interrogator and her breath takes on an odd rhythm.

toturi
Graves:

"Are you threatening me, madam? I've lost all my men before, he will not be the first. I've been interrogated by some of the best, Aztechnology's very finest. But very well, I shall be gracious, tell me what you want to know and what are you offering for my cooperation. I shall see if it is worth my while." Graves projects an air of supreme confidence and Gallic arrogance, mirroring that of his captors.
Buddha72
Tigger smirks at the beast. "At this point I am just going with the flow. I barely know this team but I did sign on for this leg of the journey. I'll help where I can but I agree with you, at this point we just need to ride this out. It wouldn't hurt to talk to a contact or two and see what's happening to the people in custody. More importantly, what's going to happen to them." Switching back to the phone conversation. "Know anyone who could found out the status of the others?"
Ecclesiastes
"No. I'm not exactly a people person."

Bishop makes his way to his feat and wistles to Kane. "Come on boy, we may as well get back on the road."
BishopMcQ
Edana:
Your interrogator slowly describes the bodies that were found upstairs in the bedroom, most you are unable to identify except by their armor. He then expands outside to the van, spiraling outwards from the bloodiest incident to each individual.

"Troll male, seen traveling with a canine and the anomaly. Asian, died from severe trauma to the torso and spinal column. Verified dead at scene."

He waits for your answer, and then seems to hear something that you cannot.

"If you will excuse me, certain measures have been taken ahead of schedule. This may compromise my ability to help you. Here is a blank datapad. While I am gone, please write out a full confession to what crimes you are willing to freely admit to. This will be necessary if I am going to have any leverage to keep you safe as it demonstrates your willingness to cooperate."

JT and Graves:
A distinct sense of violation courses through you as your consciousness is violently pushed aside. Fingers claw through memories, you futilely try to focus your will to end this mental rape, thoughts come unbidden as your past several days are put on display for an unknown voyeur.

Meeting up at McShizzles, the entire team is there. You involuntarily supply names to faces. Phone numbers for contacts and information about how to find the team gets ripped through the weak defenses you try to build.

Hours, days, seconds pass--your mind is unable to keep track of time and you are cast aside. The inside of your brain feels like it has been scoured for every possible shred if information--some of it irrelevant to the current contract but possibly dangerous.

You are both left in silent, still, darkness.
toturi
Graves:
Graves sits in the room with a diabolical grin on his face. The information ripped from him was carefully prepared to be taken. He was prepared for this the moment he was captured. Everything useful that he might give away had been forced into the chaotic void that is his amnesia. Let the fool try to step into that madness. Pain and insanity await. I hope you like it there.
Bastard
Laying face down on the cold hard floor, JT breathes, "...I feel so used." He lays still on the ground, not comfortable, but not wanting to move.
Buddha72
Tigger takes a moment to smooth over his voice and features. "Ok let me see what I can find out. I'm in the next little town, I've got a room so call me when you roll into the place and we'll see what we can do."
Ecclesiastes
"Roger." Bishop disconnects the line and begins the long track over the cold landscape.
Bastard
Kane treks about 10 meters ahead, scouting out the land ahead of Bishop.
Buddha72
Tigger gets off this call and places a call to the Hunt Club. He waits for the beep and leaves the following message. "Tigger here and I need some help. The group I'm with as run into some trouble here in France with the local authorities. I'm free and clear it seems for the moment but I wanted to know if we can find out what's happened or happening to them. I'll send an attached file with their last location and descriptions. I'm willing to take on some debt here for the info so please make it ASAP. Thanks." With a few more minutes the meassge is sent.
HeySparky
Edana stares at the data pad blinking in time with the waiting cursor. She runs over the past few days. How many things have I done that I never thought I would…

She shakes her head… Never teaming up with unlicensed folks again. NEVER. Her thoughts grow bleak as she recalls the trouble she and the others, if they get captured, are in. I wonder if they’re okay. I hope so.

Dammit. She starts to type confessing to illegally entering the country with an unregistered spirit and weapon focus, trespassing, unsanctioned conjurations, astral assault in self defense, astral assault on Chateau grounds, illegal entry of Chateau grounds.

She finishes the file and places the datapad on the table. She bows her head, face buried in her hands. I wish this were over.
BishopMcQ
Bishop:
Hungry and cold, you finally make your way into town. Kane limps at your side, resolute to follow his master's orders to stay with you. Phone calls between you and Tigger and several tense moments pass as you sneak through the town. Eventually, you meet at the back door of the hotel before being ushered up to the room.

Bishop and Tigger:
The trid unit plays silently in the corner, muted images of new anchors discussing world politics. The anchorman is interrupted for a special report.

A manhunt is still on for two missing terrorists who fled the scene in the pre-dawn hours yesterday. Today, officials have released images of the two men last seen near the Sang Real resort. Both men are wanted for questioning and are to be considered armed and dangerous.

The image quivers with the obvious effect of a low-grade illusion that can be perceived by electronic devices. The images of Bishop and Tigger, as he appeared at the airport, are accompanied by an image of Kane. Tigger is listed as having two aliases, Tigger and Christopher Robbin.

This is definitely not a good sign...

Edana:
Your interrogator returns after awhile, time being hard to manage in this ever-present non-shifting environment. He reads through the datapad you filled out and sighs.

"Your companions have been more forthcoming than you were, though not with the same grace you have given me. I will see what I can do. Thank you for you cooperation."

This time the world melts away from you until you come to in a hospital bed. Every inch of your body aches, and there's a ringing in your ears that is making it hard to concentrate. Electrodes are stuck at several places on your chest, abdomen, back and head. The room is dim with a closed door, but otherwise seems generically like a hospital. Restraints are obvious as you attempt to move in bed but they don't bite into your flesh.

Tigger:
An e-mail chirps into your p-sec.

"Your problems are many and friends diverse. We need to meet.
--Ursa"
Buddha72
Tigger glances from the TV to the p-sec. Easy come, easy go. He begins to type a reply.

"You know where I am? Where should we meet?"
-T

Looking to Bishop. "Don't suppose you have a knack for changing your appearance?"
BishopMcQ
Tigger:
"Roughly. Locating you now. Location to be chosen by you."
Buddha72
Tigger raises an eyebrow at the message. Meet me at the Bonne Paine as soon as possible. On my way now. He rises from the bed and talks to Bishop as he grabs a coat. "Better stay here for now since you've become so famous. A friend of mine is in town and may be able to help. I'll be back as soon as I can." With that said he leaves out the hotel door and makes his way to the cafe.
Ecclesiastes
"I can back you up with my Rutheniums on. You sure you want to go out alone right now?"
Buddha72
Pausing at the door he seems to think. "You may follow if you want. I am pretty confident in my ability to remain undetected though back up never hurts. I will let you decide since the risk will be yours."
HeySparky
Edana rouses, a throbbing pain in her head and instantly tries to reach out to the Astral. Pain spikes her brain, but she can feel the radiant pulse of magic and life. It is more than she can bear and she slips back into her body, instruments bleating quiet alerts at her physical stress.

She tries to touch her brow and her arm's movement is rudely checked and she gasps. I shouldn't be surprised.

Herne, stay away. They know about you. But I don't want you endangered. She sends the thought-quick missive to her ally and puts the emotional dam between them back in place. Feeling very alone, Edana breathes in the antiseptic smell of the place and cranes her head up, "Hello?" she croaks, her voice is raw and raspy. As if she'd been screaming.

"Hello, can anyone hear me?"
Bastard
JT raises from his uncomfortable slumber/unconciousness. He looks around the dark room and sees nothing, which is actually somewhat comforting at first. After a while though, he starts to ponder the fate of his friends. He quickly clears his mind, and starts to think of Bellafour and the biological attack. He tries to remember details of the previous night's encounter, trying to remember details he may have missed. It doesnt make sense, his thoughts are not clear. He tries thinking back, reliving the entire mission, maybe there was something they had missed. Why would the be detained and treated shadowrunners, when his papers were perfectly legit. Besides the illegal border passing of course...
BishopMcQ
Bishop and Tigger:
You arrive at the cafe. Madame Paine expanded her father's boulangerie to include a cafe a few years back, taking the play on words that came with her name. The woman is an imposing feature, not in size but in her carriage and demeanor. She quickly takes Tigger's order and with a sniff opens a window near where Bishop crouches in the corner. Under her breath, she mutters something offensive about the American tourists' hygiene who left as you came in.

Fifteen minutes pass before Ursa arrives. The huge man could pass for a small troll in bad lighting. He scans the room, his eyes settling on everyone in the small cafe for half a second before stepping over to Tigger's table.

"You're looking good my friend." Despite his attempts to speak softly in German, his voice has that natural resounding boom of large men. "They tell me you have seen the men from the television, good, good. If you want to get the reward, you should contact the National Security Office about an hour outside of Paris. You won't actually be able to go there, because of the security measures on par with a military facility, but a phone call should be enough to get paid. Though from what I hear, they are only interested in the healthy ones."

He rattles on for a few minutes about what he would do with the reward if he ever caught such men.

"Oh, before I forget. Lupin wanted me to tell you that your sister is fine. She should be out of the hospital in a week or so, after they get the osteocupis treatments taken care of. If you want to go visit her, she is on the fifth floor, room 5137. It's the same hospital that she usually goes to, across the street from the midget in seven caskets."

He flicks a glance down to the tree trunk he calls a wrist.

"Come on, let's walk and finish talking. I've got a train to catch in a few minutes."

Edana:
A nurse comes walking in within moments.

"Feeling better now are we? You've been asleep for days. The lieutenant will be down to talk with you in a few hours. Let's see if we can get you fed and cleaned up before that point."

Taking your assent completely for granted, she immediately heads back out of the room and returns with a covered tray on a rolling table.

"Now we're going to take this slowly, you're body has been on an IV to keep you healthy since you couldn't eat."

It's been awhile since anyone spoonfed you and judging by the food in the tray, the nurse thinks you have regressed to an infantile stage. She steadfastly feeds you mashed vegetable pastes and something that almost tastes like chicken broth except it has the consistency of baby food. After you have had enough, by her standards, the nurse once again wheels the tray and table out of the room and returns with a pitcher, basin and wash rag.

The sponge bath is where you realize just how many cuts, bruises, and abrasions you have across your body. When she reaches your neck, the throbbing pain almost makes you pass out again as the nurse clips the out growing bone and wipes down the bloodied areas.

JT:
The lights flicker back on.

A young man, maybe twenty-two and still wet behind the ears, comes into the room wearing a cheap suit and carrying a briefcase.

"Mr Taggart?"

The boy extends his hand down to you and helps you up.

"Good morning, my name Marc Fleur. I'll be your defense counsel in the upcoming trial. Have they explained the charges to you yet?"

Graves:
The door opens to the outside, letting in a slice of brilliant white light. Entering with the click of sensible heels on tile, a woman in her late twenties settles her briefcase on the table. The door seals electronically behind her and the lights slow rise to full.

"Hello, Nathan, since that is what you are calling yourself now. What have you gotten yourself into this time?"
toturi
Graves stares at the woman for a moment and then he cracks a smile,"The usual complaints. A little of everything, a little breaking and entering here, a little disregard of borders there. You know I'm an equal opportunity drekhole, I frag everyone the same way. So what are you calling yourself nowadays?"
Bastard
Great JT thinks to himself, fresh out of school kid, but it wasn't too long ago that JT was the rookie.

He raises to shake the lawyers hand, "No I haven't. I've been in here since I was arrested, I guess, and havent been informed of my legal standing yet."
BishopMcQ
Graves:
She smiles and sits down next to you.

"Serene, or have you already forgotten the two weeks of shore leave in Nice? They told me that you had a mental block of some kind, that you weren't seeing the whole picture. At least that was what the investigator saw in your mind...when I heard you were in here, I specifically requested your case. What's a girl to think when she doesn't hear from a boy for a few years and then he pops up as one of the most wanted men in the nation?"

Her voice is soothing and warm, speaking with true affection that has had time to simmer.

JT:
Your lawyer gestures for you to sit down.

"Mr. Taggart, to be perfectly honest, the situation isn't good. The charges begin with illegal entry into France and the laundry list continues with weapons smuggling, conspiracy to commit smuggling, operation of a motor vehicle without license, trespassing, breaking and entering, conspiracy to commit both of the above, use of magic without a permit, conspiracy to commit the same, murder to the second degree on four counts, attempted kidnapping, conspiracy to commit the same, grand theft auto, fleeing the scene of a crime, evidence tampering, and lastly, obstruction of justice.

"The investigation team secured a warrant for a mind probe, and through your own personal testimony has confirmed that there is sufficient evidence to make you stand trial. Due to your illegal entry into this country, you have waived all rights to citizenship outside of France and are to be tried in a French court. I should probably also tell you that the investigators have a member of your own team that has decided to testify against you.

"That about sums up the bad news. The good news is that my supervisor has cleared my schedule, so you will be the only case I have to work on until this has been completed."
Buddha72
Tigger covers his amusement at his friend's dry commentary. He nods and gestures for Ursa to lead the way out of the cafe to the train. "Be sure to tell my sister that I appreciate the heads up and I'll see what I can do about visiting."
toturi
Graves: Is this a dream or a nightmare? Would I know?

"I've always wanted to be on France's most wanted. So, what are the charges?"
Bastard
"If they used the mind probe they would know that I did not commit any murders, and that we entered the country in the best interest! We were trying to stop a mad man that could have smuggled biological weapons into your country! As for a team member testifying against me, that is unbelievable, and I believe the evidence will clear me of most of these charges, and you should be able to defend the others due to the fact that we were attempting to protect your national security by arresting Ballefour."
Ecclesiastes
Bishop rises to his feat, following a bit behind Tigger and Ursa, keeing most of his attention on their surroundings, making sure no one gets the drop on them.
BishopMcQ
Graves:
“Well love, let’s just say if you don’t come clean quickly, you are going to end up in an organ bank.”

Referencing a legal pad which she pulls out of her briefcase, she continues.

“Chronologically, illegal entry into France, weapons smuggling, conspiracy to commit smuggling, trespassing, breaking and entering, conspiracy to commit both of the above, attempted kidnapping, conspiracy to commit the same, murder to the second degree on four counts, grand theft auto, fleeing the scene of a crime, evidence tampering, and lastly, obstruction of justice.

“The murder charges are being leveled against you and your companions as you all opened fire against four helpless insurgents. Ballistics is still seeing if they can ascertain who exactly fired the fatal shots as the prosecutors would like a direct murder conviction.”

JT:
“Please calm down Mr. Taggart. Unfortunately, because you did not report to the authorities your suspicions and instead took it upon yourself in a thoroughly cavalier, American display of vigilantism, the prosecution has quite enough evidence to leave your body in an organ bank.

“As for the mind probe, your own thoughts betrayed you. Your memory testified against you to convict you on all counts except for the murder. That case, you admitted to pulling the trigger along with several of your teammates. None of you are exactly sure who killed the four members of the Society as you call them, but you will all take equal responsibility for their deaths. The deceased are unable to stand trial for their own crimes as you and your companions took justice into your own hands, as if believing your will and agenda was more important than the legal system. It is my understanding that your brazen disrespect for authority extended to your own government, when your chose to ignore the quarantine and possibly expose the rest of the world to one of the greatest plagues that the world has known since the Black Death swept through Europe killing millions.

“Now then, what I think we need to focus on is how we are going to mitigate the damage. A full voluntary confession will be looked on favorably by the court and may result in a reduced sentence. This won’t keep you out of trouble, but may be enough to swing jail time rather than a prolonged death sentence through public donation.”

Tigger and Bishop:
You walk Ursa to the train station and he boards quickly. Getting back to the hotel room just as the batteries in Bishop’s armor fade, you are left alone to determine the best course of action. Herne floats ghostly pale in the corner, frustration at having to leave his mistress evident in his purely astral form.
toturi
Graves:
"Mon cher... If they mind probed me, then they'd know that although I might have left America under dubious circumstances, I entered France through at a duly designated border crossing although that crossing was unmanned at that time. I cannot be responsible for the incompetence of the France border security. I never bothered to hide the fact that I was bringing weapons into France from French authorities. Anyway, I was using frangible bullets and the people I shot at had military grade body armour on. Besides, those people were firing at me as well. I plead self defense. You know me, cher, I always try to have a legal cover. Besides..." Graves smirks,"I got amnesia as well as periodic flashback episodes. Diminished mental capacity."
Bastard
"Arent you my lawyer? Sounds like you siding against me."
Buddha72
Tigger returns to the hotel room, letting the door hang open for a few long moments. Making sure his unseen companion has ample time to enter the room before closing the door. He begins speaking to the air around him, not sure where he might be at the given moment. "I assume you heard what I heard. I can't do anything for your friends at the military base but I can do something for the one in the hospital." He gives a nod to Herne. "I can call in a favor to get her out and away safely at this point, though I will need a place to take her eventually. I think that's our best bet at this point......" He pauses, waiting for approval or discourse on the matter.
Ecclesiastes
"Agreed. We'll do what we can for those we can. First thing, I'm gunna need some batteries. Since you seem to be able to mask yourself better than I, do you think you can pick up a couple for me? My Rutheniums are out of power. Ten should do, but I'd like some extras if we can swing it."
HeySparky
"Lieutenant...?" Edana rasps. She suffers the spoonfeeding with as much grace as she can muster. Her stomach has given up warning her of its emptiness.

"Ma'am," Edana squeezes in between bland spoonfuls, "What's happening?"

"Where are the others?" Under her skin cloudy forms swirl and clash with muted electricity. Her eyes crackled.

Herne follows the goings on between Bishop and Tigger and these new factors whose astral scents wrinkle his hound's nose. These men are not fit companions for my Mistress. And yet they would facilitate her release... He smolders with the need to return to Edana. Back at the hotel room he materializes into his rangy human form, lounging in a chair, hands steepled over his chest, eyes glowing dimly.

He speaks, his low gravelly voice quiet, "The Sturmdottir has commanded me away." His eyes flash as he feels the edges of pain Edana cannot conceal. "I do not think she would appreciate further ...legal entanglements. However foolish her wishes may be, I would not disobey."
BishopMcQ
JT:
Even as the words come out of your mouth, you realizze the lawyer is doing his best to keep you alive. Your own background tells you that perps have fried for a lot less evidence than is available, and that was under a system of government based on English Common Law rather than the Napoleonic code.

"Mr. Taggart, please. I'm sure you are quite upset and reasonably so, however, you must decide whether you would rather be in a jail cell or an organ tank."

Graves:
"You illegally crossed the border under a forged transponder code. This was knowingly done and the court will see that. As for the self-defense plea, the fact that you had the guns with you illegally is going to be very difficult to get around. Their presence makes it look pre-meditated or at the very least that you were predisposed to responding in a vioent manner.

"Honey, it's time you came clean with me at least. Everything we say here is privileged as long as I am in this room and the investigators aren't. The psych analysis from the mind probe shows that besides a few transient moments, you are high functioning despite your handicap. That means you are going to have to prove that you were having flashbacks the entire time you were in France perfoming illegal activities, and the court assigned mentalist will dispute that."

She sits down across from you.

"Nathan, it's me. It's okay, just tell me the truth and help me keep you alive."

Edana:
"Oh yes honey, the Lieutenant said he'd be down shortly. He has been here almost night and day waiting for you to wake up, but the relaxants they gave you to help ease the pain during the initial surgery really hit you hard. The others were processed for questioning, everyone from the Internal bureau down to the volunteer fire fighters have been working around the clock to find out what happened. The Marquis was well loved, oh but I'm sorry honey, that's just going to upset you further.

"I've never seen skin like yours, so milky soft and smooth. Has the change been hard for you to get used to? I can only imagine how much strain on your neck those horns must cause, my back hurts at the end of each day just carrying what the dear Lord gave me, I couldn't imagine double duty."
toturi
Graves:

"You know as well as I do that the DGSE deliberately keeps some of the side doors unlocked. All I wanted was to get into France and get the perp with minimum fuss. We came here because we were following someone we thought was a bailjumper and a murderer with a fetish for blood. We followed him to that chateau, one of my colleagues went into the place for a looksee and all hell broke loose. All of a sudden, those stormtroopers came riding in on their chopper. By the time, I got into the house, people were lying on the floor, the guy in the fancy suit was already dead and our guy had a gun on his head. We wanted to take him alive, that guy had knowledge that could cure the outbreak back home."
Buddha72
Tigger shrugs his shoulders and looks somewhat disappointed. "It looks like it's settled then. She wants to remain where she is and your other companions are behind my means to extract. Other than the power packs, is there anything else I can do for you? You're going to need a way out of the country at this point that avoids all legal channels."
HeySparky
Herne sits quietly, hands steepled over his chest, eyes closed, appearing to rest. But he is thinking back. Flashes of the hunt. THE Hunt. And the Masters who demanded obedience in all things and exacted it with cruel punishments, banishment.

Ages upon ages stretch out behind the old spirt. Ages of service. Obedience. Unquestioning loyalty. It is this last that flares to new life in Herne and he stands, shifting into his True form, the tall, feral, stag-antlered man. Owl eyes blaze and the archaic runes and symbols etched over his body pulse dimly like a heartbeat.

He breaks into Tigger and Bishop’s conversation. “Do what you must to free her. I will aid you.”

He looks as though he would say more, but he simply waits. Kane whimpers in the corner of the room.
Ecclesiastes
Bishop was about to reply to Tigger when Herne interupts. He glances at the spirit, then back at Tigger. "Well, that changes things."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012