Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Chasing the Prize
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Kremlin KOA
"Okay here's the plan. Charlie call Debian and get the data on where Lucien's train is at the moment. Give this info to Herne. Herne, use the info and his scent off the clothing to find if he is on the train. Edana, drive me and Helios to the front of Lucien's place, we will run in and collect dna samples. Then take us to your ritual site, JT follow Edana's car. Grave, see if your government Contacts can spread the data about the side effects of the Vaccine. I will pick up the data this arvo and if necessary give it to the press. Herne don't worry, I won't let anything hurt Edana, and right now I need sleep as much as you do, which is to say not at all."

Gonzales starts herding the team out to their vehicles, leaving Charlie and Herne to get data on the train...
HeySparky
Edana stands slack-jawed and watches the trid. Oh. She allows herself to be herded out by Gonzales, but stops everyone in front of Bling's.

"Wait guys," she keeps her voice low and it is muffled somewhat further by the airfilter and scarf she winds about her head, "The truth is we don't know what the vaccine does. I find it difficult to believe that, even as... abberant... as Ballefour is that BP'd be turning Seattle into a nest of flesh-eaters. Where's the sense in that. Much better to do illegal testing on a bleeding-edge vaccine and rake in the big money when you let the virus out."

"Where is our vaccine, anyway? Did your Doc friend analyze it further, Gonzales?"
Kremlin KOA
"Edana the 'vaccine' is genetically modifieed HMHVV. now we have to catch this guy, we can't waste any more time." Gonzales says as he continues to hustle the group out the door.
Ecclesiastes
"Get the info out about the vaccine. Now. Before it starts getting administered to the public."

Bishop looks at Hunter, "That ok by you or would you still rather wait and catch the guy ourselves?"
HMHVV Hunter
"I'll ignore your sarcasm, asshole," Helios says in a low growl with a sneer.

"But we should let the public know about this; I don't have enough bullets to deal with a Seattle full of bloodsuckers and flesh eaters."
Kremlin KOA
"Bishop you got the contacts to spread the news, if so I will have the data to you around lunchtime, it is the earliest I can get the proof..."
Ecclesiastes
Bishop looks a little dumbfounded. "I thought I made it clear earlier that I don't know anyone in this town. I was asking around ealier if anyone had contacts they could hook me up with."
Kremlin KOA
"then go with Tiny while he uses his contacts to spread the news. When I get the documented tests i will leak it to the press. Now Move out people!"
HMHVV Hunter
Helios nods.

"Let's do it."
HeySparky
Edana hurries to her vehicle and pops the back for Herne so that the spirit can 'shed his skin.' Herne jumps into the back of the Brumby and vanishes. Helios and Gonzales an empty set of camo, with a pair of shades tucked into the jacket pocket.

"Wrap those up for me, would ya. Herne'll have need of them later." She climbs into the car and turns over the engine. She pauses, hand on the wheel, "Either of you two feel comfortable driving?"

Edana hooks the BattleTac system that Bishop gave her onto her belt and puts on the headset. She messages JT.

To JT:
>>>>> [Put on that handy BattleTac monitor so we can maintain communication.] <<<<<
--- Sturmdottir [09:07:25/16-Dec-2063]

To Bishop:
>>>>> [Got any more of these BattleTac sets for Helios and Gonzales?] <<<<<
--- Sturmdottir [09:08:16/16-Dec-2063]
Tanka
Charlie closed his eyes. So much had to be done. What a group.

"Aye, I'll get right on calling Debian. I'll get in touch with some others I know. They'll spread the word."

Charlie sets out for home, winding his way through less populated areas. When he gets there, he immediately calls up Debian.

"Hey, kid, I got another favor from you. This time the group is offering a cut of what we get for this guy. Seems his 'vaccine' is genetically modified vampire stuff. We need you to find out where his train is, and also if any errant packages made it on the suborbital. Since we dunno how this thing is spread, then we should probably meet somewhere more secure. Your place or my place, don't matter, as long as it's safe."

He then calls Ec, the bounty collection agent.

"Heya chicka. Got a minute? Good. You know that VITAS vaccine Ballefour is pumping? It's genetically modified vampire stuff. Got a sample of it last night. Don't ask how or where, better if you didn't know. I need you to put out information on this guy to all our usual friends. Tell them to watch for him, and anyone that gets you proper information gets some of my share and a free meal on me at Joe's. Don't try to pick him up, just let us know. If I do find anyone that has attempted to pick him up, they'll die painfully at my hands and my team's. Make sure they understand that perfectly."

With that, he gives Ec the posts to Shadowland on Ballefour that have recently been put up by the others in his team.
toturi
Grave:

"Sonova... Got to make a call... Colonel Hodge? Sir, I presumed you have heard about Balfour Pharmaceutical's vacine? Sir, the vacine works alright, it is a modified strain of HMHVV, it turns people into ghouls. A couple of colleagues and I discovered it in one of Balfour's labs."
BishopMcQ
Grave:
The Colonel's voice comes back clear and gravelly as ever.

"Are you sure boy? That's one hell of a charge to make, but I will let our boys down at the CDC know. I hate these fraggers, as if VITAS wasn't enough, now we've got Krieger running amok to deal with the first problem."

Charlie:
Debian's breath has that muffled air filter sound to it as he answers the phone. "Will do. I think the suborbital has already landed but I'll run the checks and meet you at your place in two hours."

"Boy-oh, you always bring me the best of news." Ec's sarcasm drips heavily over the line. "So, let me get this straight, the corps are selling vampire juice to the public, you are chasing the prize winner that made the stuff, and I get to play errand girl again spreading such joyous tidings as all that. Aight, but you're gonna end up owing me dinner somewhere fancy when this is all over."

Team:
Piling into Edana and JT's cars you drive through back streets avoiding the congested freeways and main thoroughfares as the city tries to evacuate itself. You arrive at Ballefour's house and see a Lonestar eye in the sky drone hovering nearby. That apparently is all they could spare with this morning's activities.

Down the street a motorcycle revs to life and a figure in a black and red racing suit pulls the visor down on his helmet before driving away.
Tanka
"Thanks Debian. Say, where'd you get that fancy breath filter? I should probably grab up one of them."

"Aye, I do. And it's only Ballefour Pharmaceuticals. Helios is on our team, so he's really itching to do this guy in. And, yeah, I'll take ya somewhere nice after all of this is over."
toturi
"Sir, let the guys at CDC know. I think once they get a chance to analyse it, they'll back up what I said. Goddamnit sir, even if it is a cure, we sure don't know what side effects its got. And the doctor's company is pushing it to the plebs without any testing."
BishopMcQ
Grave:
"Can you send a sample on ice to the boys in Atlanta? I'm sure that'd make them feel a lot better. Frag, we've got company out front, I'll be in touch."

The line goes dead in your hand, only the sound of rioting echoed across before Hodge hung up.
Kremlin KOA
Gonzales goes over the battletac network "Okay team, I remember there is something people can take to give disease resistance, it isn't cheap 'Zed Interference' or something like that, I suggest we pool our cash and buy some." I knew i forgot to stock my kits with the special stuff
Johnson
Edana words brings a smile to Tinys face.

"Well Edana let us not waist to much time and see what we can come up with."

Looking at the rest of the group.

"Well if there are any change in the plans contact us, as we are heading to find out what criminal organisations are involved here."

Tiny waits for Edana and Ernie to accompany him at the door of the Bling.
HeySparky
RITUAL TEAM - Edana, Gonzales, Tiny, Helios, JT

::In the Brumby::

The Brumby rocks as Tiny clambers in. Edana peers in the rearview mirror as a storm-faced Helios and an accomodating Tiny try to sort out who goes where. She squints at a smug Gonzales in the front seat, "Hey, guys, toss one of those rucks up here."

Edana grabs the ruck a growling Helios shoves into the front seat and she dumps it in Gonzales' lap. She smiles at Gonzales as he fumbles with the bag. Finally everyone is settled and the Brumby's engine roars to life, ready to be on the road.

Edana slots a chip into the Brumby's sound system and an energetically mellow groove pours forth. A smile flits across her face, before it is replaced by a grave and serious expression.

"Okay, Ritual Team - Edana, Tiny, Helios, Gonzales, JT - en route to Ballefour's residence." Her voice pops over the BattleTac link as the road-ready Brumby pulls out onto the street.

"Hey Tiny, could you duck down a little, I can't see out the back."

::At Ballefour's::

"Ritual Team - we're at Ballefour's. We spotted a cyclist down the street." Edana's car slows to a crawl as she turns up the drive. Her knuckles are whtie on the steering wheel. She looks at the darkened house.

Herne, can you follow that cyclist and report back?

Sure thing.

Edana's heart leaps at Herne's predatory glee seeping across the link as he surges off after the bike and its rider. Her nostrils flare and her eyes cloud with energy.

"Herne is in pursuit of the motor cyclist. Alright let's get in there and get out. Fast."

She parks the Brumby out of sight and hops out waiting for the others so she can lock the car. She walks non-chalantly to the window they'd used the night before. Steeling herself she lifts the window and rolls through into to dim of the house's interior. Glad I have this filter, don't think I could take the smell this time, knowing what it is... who it is. She falters and grabs a nearby end table. Come on. Keep it together.

She looks around, seeing if anything is out of place or significantly different from last night.
BishopMcQ
Herne bounds out of the Brumby and begins to chase the biker down the street.
Kremlin KOA
"Edana you wait here, I don't think you need to go through this again." Who knows what she'll turn into next time.

Entering the house, Gonzales let's his natural thermographic vision guide him to the most likely sites for a bathroom. looking for hair. He sees the bedroom and is briefly reminded of Kano... This 'doctor' must pay
HMHVV Hunter
Helios follows Gonzales in and starts looking for any place that might look like an office in the house, his rucksack and weapons in tow.
BishopMcQ
Inside Ballefour's
Gonzales works his way quietly to the bathroom, he closes the door behind him and turns the light on. Opening drawers, he finds a small brush with strands of hair. The diminutive dwarf hits the light and steps back into the hallway, just as Helios sidesteps into the office, pistol scanning the room to make sure nothing goes bump in the night.
HMHVV Hunter
Switching on low-light vision if necessary, Helios starts searching the office for any research notes on the HMHVV strain in the vials from the lab.
Kremlin KOA
On his way out, Gonzales decides to look more closely at the torture chamber, aka master bedroom. he pulls back the blanket a little. This is real familiar, he could have come from the Kano school of ritual murder. Then he notices the Purse and checks his hardliner gloves before searching the purse, looking for ID that might let him know who the poor girl was.

BishopMcQ
Gonzales:

The picture of Dawn Morgan when she was only sixteen reflects back at you. She'll turn eighteen this coming Christmas, or she would have if she was still alive. Inside the purse are a few condoms and a make-up compact to touch up with after she was done here.
Kremlin KOA
Gonzales grabs Ms Morgan's ID and contact data and heads out to the brumby with brush in tow. As he reaches the car he looks at Edana, "Now you know why JT and I get green when someone brings up the name Kano, this guy was about as bad." ...and we saw more of it that time.
HMHVV Hunter
Frustrated, Helios leaves the office and looks for Gonzales.

"Nothing in the office," he says walking into the room. Only then does he take notice of the signs of torture that have transpired in the room.

"Good Christ, what happened here?" he asks.
Kremlin KOA
"there are worse things in the world than the infected Helios. The infected do what they do to survive, this guy does it for fun."
HMHVV Hunter
"Let's just say they're both evil and leave it at that," Helios replies, not wanting to get into a debate at the moment.

He follows Gonzales out of the house and to the car.
HeySparky
RITUAL TEAM - Edana, Gonzales, Helios, Tiny, JT

::At Ballefour's::

Edana nods to Gonzales and lets him do the sleuthing. She slips back out the window and into the Brumby to keep a lookout on things from there with Tiny.

"Hey Tiny. Thanks for keeping an eye on the Brumby."

She closes her eyes, leans back in the seat and exhales a deep gusty sigh, "I'm such a wimp."

She opens herself to Herne's senses and revels in wash the hunting spirit's energy. Good work, keep on him.

Did you think he could get away from me?

Not really.

She sees JT glance up and asks over the comm over the comm, "So, JT, what does that drone up there do, exactly? Do we need to worry about it?"

Edana's eyes snap open at Gonzales' arrival. A terse 'thanks' is all she says before giving JT the high-sign to head out.

"JT, we're headed north. Meet you at my place within the hour?"

She twists around to look at Tiny while waiting at a light, "Where are we dropping you?"
Johnson
"Well Edana if you can drop me off at Ballefour Pharmaceuticals. I want to take a snoop around the outside. And see what is happening in the area."

Tiny starts to get ready for the drop making sure that all is ready, like boy scout going on his first camp.

BishopMcQ
Herne:
Having chased your quarry through this mad world of humans and plastic, you find yourself in front of a large granite and steel building. The man gives his bike to a man in a red coat who rides it away as your prey walks inside. You ride up a broad elevator and watch the man turn to you and rather then press his will against the astral plane; a cloak seems to melt into him and reveal that he was already present.

"Return to your mistress, hound, or be destroyed. You are not the prey I seek."
BishopMcQ
Team:
The industrial parks of Bellevue seem to be swarmed over by the rioting and congestion as half the population of Seattle clamors for the vaccine. You stop about a mile out to drop Tiny off unsure if you should risk getting any closer and becoming trapped in the tide of cars and bodies.
Johnson
"Thank you for bringing me here, I am going to leave my Bag in your car if you mind. I want to carry as light as possible."

Getting out of the car[b]Tiny Activates his personal Comms unit, and gives the Team a Thumbs up. Not before long Tiny is part of the crowd moving along.

The comms crackle a bit and Tiny's voice comes over the air.
"Tango Echo Serria Tango do you here me loud and clear"
toturi
Grave:

"Gonzales, can I ask for a favour? Can you ask your doctor friend to send a sample of the vaccine up to Atlanta, CDC? Given the size of the riots around here, I think the sooner we get out of Seattle, proper the better. Martial law is no joke."
Bastard
"I wouldn't worry too much about that little drone there, Edena. If it even saw us, Tak has our back. Remember, we are working for him, therefor we are working for Lone Star, and therefor, they should assist more likely than hinder us. I'll just follow you to your place, I will pick up Kane when needs be. I would really like for him to get his rest."

Before mounting his bike, Taggart makes a quick call to Charlie. "I got that computer on me now. I will give it to you ASAP, so your decker can do his magic on it." JT has a bit of a snicker after that last semi-sarcastic remark, only slightly visible on the other end of the line.

The man on the phone is left alone, standing in front of the crypt, as the Brumby rolls off into the white blanket of the Seattle winter. The large man throws one leg over the equally as large bike, straddling it like a mustang. The engine roars to life, shivering as if the snow had an effect on its being. Time stands still for a second or two, before the bike leaps and makes chase of the SUV. The wind on his face is crisp, but not the free feeling it usually gives him, with the breather strapped securely around his nose and mouth.
Johnson
As the cold slowly bite in to Tiny's face he realised that something is a miss. Not quite recalling what it was, he carries walking throught the snow covered streets of Bellevue. His mind uneasy to the fact that he has left something behind.

People move briskly around Tiny darting here there and everywhere like worker ant gathering goods. His eyes darting here and there, being cautious of what can go wrong. Wipping the crystalsed condensation from around his mouth, it dawn upon him.

How can I be so stupid, everyone else has a mask.

Activating his personal comms,

"Tiny here, I have been stupid enough not to have a mask, would there be a chance of one being availible. If not I gather I am going to have to que for the Antidote."

Paranoia set in slowly but Tiny waits for a response. Trying to find solice in what happening.

What happens if it's not the antidote, but the Virus. People would be paying for a Virus instead of the antidote. This would be a Corporate companies reputation at stake.

HeySparky
::Ritual Time::

Edana pulls the garage door down before giving the high-sign for the guys to get out. She rakes a hand through her hair around her horns and shoulders the door to her place open. Glancing at her message machine she goes to the narrow closet that holds ritual gear. The place is pretty cramped with three people. She tosses a bag to Helios and one to Gonzales and gestures at the door by the kitchenette.

"Outside to your right. Up the stairs. I'll meet you up there in a second." She ducks through the door of the bathroom carrying a smaller duffel.

Wonder what Herne is up to...

::On the Hunt::

Herne freezes as the man melts into view Astrally and the danger this man presents magnifies ten-fold. He inclines his head to the man.

"Would you permit a question, then? From hunter to hunter." He stands tall and shifts to his ancient form, stag's antlers over owl's eyes, cruel face, body painted with swirling patterns evoking ritual and reverence for the power of the earth.
BishopMcQ
Herne:
"You may ask what you wish, I will choose to answer or not to."
HeySparky
Herne blinks impassively at the man, "Our paths, do they lie in parallel or at cross-purposes? Meaning, will your search for your prey bring harm to my mistress?" He flexes his hands, unable to hide the protective streak that serving Edana has brought out in him.
BishopMcQ
Herne:
"I bear no ill-will to your mistress. He who I seek may try to cower behind her in fear, in which case I will hunt my prey and ask that you keep her from my path if you do not wish to see her harmed."
HMHVV Hunter
Helios lugs both packs (his and Edana's) up the stairs to the room, placing the bag on the floor, followed by his rucksack.

God knows how long this stuff is gonna take, he thinks. Maybe I can run back to the apartment and pick up some special ammo, just in case.

Helios waits in the apartment until Edana and Gonzales get there.
BishopMcQ
::December 16, 2063 1000::

Charlie:
After getting home, you go through the process of sealing up your house so no bugs can get in while you are out. Debian rings the bell twice as always and you buzz him in. Dressed to the nines despite the mayhem outside, he tosses you a bag with the breather and flimsies you needed.

"It's all there. The suborbital landed just before this mayhem started, no surprises werre reported. The train you are after is one of those great bullet trains--Just passing the Great Lake region at the moment. It's scheduled to reach New York by this afternoon."

JT:
You blaze through the traffic building up on the roads, dropping off the computer with Charlie for his decker contact to strip down and turn inside out, before heading over to Edana's. Parking the bike under an awning to keep the worst of the snow off you trudge up the steps to the door and knock solidly.

Tiny:
Initially the crowd parts around you, though as you get closer to the building it presses in and crashes off of you like waves on a boulder. making your way around the side of the building away from the masses, you see the clear outlines of guards walking along the roof. Judging by the color scheme, you think they are probably from Melchior Munitions which sits on the other side of corporate park.

The mask JT tossed to you as you exited the SUV is far too tight to be comfortable and barely covers your large jaw much less your nose. Apparently it wasn't made for trolls, but it will have to suffice for the moment.

Ritual Team:
The clear sent of wind and fresh snow blows across the roof of Edana's building. Gonzales and Helios look to each other questioningly as Edana does something downstairs. The sound of the door opening and closing is followed by JT stamping up the stairs and joining his two teammates.
Bastard
"Whats up Gonzo. Helios." Taggart nods to both, then flops down onto the couch. This is quite comfortable, I might be able to catch a few winks.
Johnson
Tiny walks around the block checking the building over, looking back allies and loading bays. Much to his interest on the security, it has not been beefed up.
Feeling the cold and what the guards will be like, all stiff and unfocused. Feeling a the adrenalin in body ready to respond, just like when you go for the kill on your prey.

Brushing ideas away and heading for those warm soya caf shops, that the corps frequent on there lunch brakes. Her he hopes to here news and scandal from the Ballefour Pharmaceuticals wage slaves who don't socialize within the Canteens of the Corps.
toturi
Grave:

"Gonzales, could you ask your doctor friend to send a sample of the vaccine over to CDC? Once they get it tested, people won't be so eager for their "flu jab" anymore."
HeySparky
::On the Hunt::

Herne inhales deeply the man's presence. Finding only cold certainty he nods, satisfied. The spirit's eyes blaze as he inclines his head to the man and leaps away in a wide spiral taking several turns around the building better impress its feel and essence so that he may find it again should the man's words prove false or harm befall Edana.

::Ritual Team::

Edana bustles out of her room, hair unbraided and wild, draped with all manner of fetishes and intricate jewerly. Spirals and waves and concentric designs in blue paint contrast sharply with her pale skin. Rapidly shifting cloudy patterns under her skin bely her calm, determination. Her eyes are a steady wash of flickering energy. She blinks deliberately and dashes an arm across her brow. She scribbles a note for the remainder of the team directing them to the roof and slams it in the front door. She takes the stairs two at a time and swings around the railing into a blast of cold air.

She nods to Helios and Gonzales, "Thanks," and looks at JT, "You ready?"

Draped over her shoulder is a towel that she uses to dry off some places for the others to sit. She grabs a broom and begins to sweep excess water out of the ritual area.

"Oh. Hey, I should probably let Townsend know what we're up to. Or at least that we're doing a ritual. Don't need him getting surprised by complaints." She continues sweeping and begins to set out the items. She has a plastic tube open at both ends and a candle that fits down inside it.

She looks at Helios, "When this candle burns down to here," she indicates a place about three-quarters down the candle's length, "Would you go downstairs and put a kettle of water on. Kettle's on top of the cabinet across from the stove."

She dials the landlord, "Townsend. Assay. We're here. I wanted to let you know that I'm getting ready to perform a ritual on my roof. Nothing violent or nasty. It's work related which means it's rent related. That okay with you?"
HMHVV Hunter
"Got it," Helios replies.
BishopMcQ
Edana:
"Do what you need to do hon, I trust you not to bring trouble to my door." Townsend's faith in you is reassuring.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012