Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stupid Deaths
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
blakkie
QUOTE (mmu1 @ Aug 9 2005, 06:14 AM)
QUOTE (Ed Simons @ Aug 8 2005, 11:44 PM)
QUOTE (mmu1 @ Aug 8 2005, 01:39 PM)
So... Did you say that you were tumbling out the window with not a care in the world for which way you'd land, or did the GM make the truly moronic call that, in a controlled fall, the troll was as likely to land on the elf as vice versa and killed a character because he felt like being a jerk?

Um, what controlled fall? The troll was fleeing in terror because of his phobia.

...so he dived through the window head-first? Left a troll-outline in the wall holding the window as he ran out in panic, then made the mistake of looking down?

Here mmu1 provides a fine example of what the 3rd line of my signature is talking about. notworthy.gif They were kids cutting loose and having some fun playing a game, not some pompus tightasses deluding themselves that they were running a RL CIA agent training exercise.
mmu1
QUOTE (blakkie)
Here mmu1 provides a fine example of what the 3rd line of my signature is talking about. notworthy.gif They were kids cutting loose and having some fun playing a game, not some pompus tightasses deluding themselves that they were running a RL CIA agent training exercise.

"Ooh! Look at me! Now look at my special signature! See how precious and witty I am! Ok, ok... now look at me again!" sarcastic.gif

blakkie
QUOTE (mmu1 @ Aug 11 2005, 06:03 AM)
QUOTE (blakkie @ Aug 11 2005, 02:41 AM)
Here mmu1 provides a fine example of what the 3rd line of my signature is talking about.  notworthy.gif They were kids cutting loose and having some fun playing a game, not some pompus tightasses deluding themselves that they were running a RL CIA agent training exercise.

"Ooh! Look at me! Now look at my special signature! See how precious and witty I am! Ok, ok... now look at me again!" sarcastic.gif

rotfl.gif Feeling so stripped nakked and hurt by the truth of me calling you out on being a wet-blanket turd you desperately try to change the subject by attacking me....for having a humourous (at least to me wink.gif ) distilling of an opinion in my signature line and having the audacity to *gasp* refer to it when it is extremely topical? So i should have instead duplicated the text from the signature into my post?

Now please, let us get back to the subject of you being being a nit-picking, uptight wiener. Are you going to try put up an argument against that? Or have you given that up and realized that as a lost battle....before you even tried?
mmu1
Oh noes... You called me names, then declared your unchallenged intellectual superiority without actually making an argument of any sort!

Well, I guess I've been told and I'm just going to have to leave you to roll in shit all by yourself. Have fun!
Jrayjoker
Looks like everyone is back to their old tricks. And I though a little civility had snuck in here. Oh well.
Trax
It got mugged.
Clyde
Maybe the troll fell on that too
Foreigner
Clyde:

I think I saw that in the weather report earlier this morning.

"The National Weather Service has issued a weather advisory for our viewing area. You can expect intermittent heavy showers of large Metahumans today."

wink.gif

--Foreigner
imperialus
What, is your name?
Sir Gawin
What, is your favorite colour?
Blue
What, is the airspeed velocity of a falling troll carrying an elf?
I dont' know that! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Angelone
Ahh, thanks blakkie missed that part. Guess it makes more sense now. It still was a stupid death, just not in the traditional sense.
Jrayjoker
It was nice of the troll to think of his fallen elf friend and carry him out of the bad fire's way.

He was being helpful.

Really, he was.
Foreigner
imperialus:

An appropriate response, considering the material.

Funny how the Monty Python and the Holy Grail references keep popping up.

--Foreigner
Panzergeist
Does the troll have horns? Is it an immortal elf?
I don't know that! Ahhrg!
Shadow
I think MMU1 and I both agree that it seemed like a senseless death that the GM forced on the Elf. Being an experienced GM I only ever see that when the GM wants to kill the player.

The troll would have had to wanted to land on the elf, otherwise the tumble would have found him on the bottom. I don't have scientific knowledge to present a formula for you, but falling out of a window isn't as simple as 'whoever went out first lands first."

They went through the window, I don't think they bothered to open it first. The troll could have gotten snagged, he would have had to defeat the barrier of the wall and the window etc.

Instead the GM just arbitraley declared him dead. And when something smells bad, it is bad. And that smells very, very, bad.
mmu1
In all fairness, it was clarified that the elf died anyway from the impact - but the initial post made it seem to me like the GM was being a jerk, and made a heads/tails roll to see whether a character got squashed. (since I dimly recalled a 4th story fall shouldn't be lethal - and it's not, at least in SR3, it's "only" a 5S or 6S wound according to the SR Companion)
fistandantilus4.0
usually any thing of 3+ stories can be. Course depending on what you land on I guess any fall can. Was the elf pointy or sharp (blood elf!?) by any chance? biggrin.gif

Hey! Look at my sig next!

Yes, the mugger got my dignity (I was almost out of it anyways).
Tarantula
From what I understand, the elf rolled for his damage taken during the fall, and ended up dieing from the fall combined with being used to smash through the window for the troll to get out. In light of him dieing, the GM rolled to see if the troll happened to land on top of the elf, for entertainment purposes.
mmu1
QUOTE (Tarantula)
From what I understand, the elf rolled for his damage taken during the fall, and ended up dieing from the fall combined with being used to smash through the window for the troll to get out. In light of him dieing, the GM rolled to see if the troll happened to land on top of the elf, for entertainment purposes.

...which made it impossible to sell the elf's body to the organ-leggers, screwing the players out of hard-earned nuyen.gif. Like I said, the GM was a bastard. wink.gif
blakkie
QUOTE (mmu1 @ Aug 11 2005, 07:19 AM)
Oh noes... You called me names, then declared your unchallenged intellectual superiority without actually making an argument of any sort!

Yes, my bad for calling a spade a spade.

Of course this is the second post in a row where you completely sidestep defending your statements. Instead again resorting to [apparently undefendable?] sarcastic distortions of my posts.

Well, I guess I've been told and I'm just going to have to leave you to roll in shit all by yourself. Have fun!

First in, first out? I suggest you first might want to take a figurative shower after tossing your sarcastic, baseless insult.
tisoz
blakkie, at least mmu1 was contributing to the topic. I got a bit of a smile when thinking of the cartoonish troll shaped outline left behind. It was also a valid point about the arbitrary, at that point, decision of who landed on who, much less if anyone landed on anyone. The follow-up discussion of falling objects seem to indicate a few people may have agreed with the point.

All you seem to be doing is flaming. A point of having a sig is so that people may refer to it from time to time and be reminded of the sig member's opinion or outlook. IMO, it was needless to say, "Here's another instance of part 3 section a of my sig." Btw, are you compensating for something (not necessarily the usual something) by needing multiple tags? It seems silly at times when a person's sig is longer than their comment.

Now back to our regular scheduled thread, before someone gets it locked.

Stupid player deaths...

The first character I remember dying was a cybered up dwarf magician. The team was all together and heading into an alley (confrontation/ambush) following someone apparently in tribal attire who had beckoned them. At the far end of the alley was a group the tribal guy was heading toward. It is night with poor visibility in the alley.

However, the team is made up of a dwarf, a troll, and 2 veteran players who I would think had some form of vision enhancement. The cyber, magic dwarf decides to cast a light spell. Ok, maybe a good idea to eliminate any darkness modifiers and maybe provide some glare modifiers depending on where the spell was targeted.

So I, the newbie GM ask where he wants the light to appear?

Dwarf: Right above us.

Me:?!

Everyone else: No!! Light them up!

Before the dwarf's next round he had taken deadly damage in the firefight. I don't recall if a teammate shot him accidentally or not, but I do recall they sold off his cyber at the street doc's without trying to get him medical attention.
Sabosect
Newbie character and player. Just learning the game. Well, for his contacts list, he include Lofwyr as a fixer. In fact, as his only fixer.

Newbie: Hey, Train! I just got a novahot job from my fixer for the group. He wants us to break into the Renraku Arcology!

Train (troll gunbunny): This doesn't sound right... Who is your fixer?

Newbie: Lofwyr. Why?

Train: *promptly begins beating the newbie*

Train, calling me about ten minutes later: Hey, Feral, got a problem with the intern.

Me (psychotic street sam): What is it?

Train: His fixer is Lofwyr.

Me: Is he dead yet?

Train: With a complication.

Me: Complication?

Train: Yeah. He's still breathing. *sound of a panther cannon firing*
ShadowDragon8685
o.O

Bwahaahahaahaaaaah! BAWWAHAAAHAAAAAAAH!

HOW, exactly, do you get Loffy as a Fixer?
blakkie
QUOTE (tisoz)
blakkie, at least mmu1 was contributing to the topic. I got a bit of a smile when thinking of the cartoonish troll shaped outline left behind.

Maybe i read him wrong. He certainly seemed to be pulling a "reality snob" routine. If that wasn't the case, yes my bad. But given his sensitivity to my inital post, i'm guessing i'm right.

I still remember way back when i started posting here i put up a story about my first session playing SR. Right up front i said it fell into the stupid things players do category, mainly because i didn't have a sniff about how the game or the world worked. I, and the rest of the group, still had fun playing and all. It was really damn funny.

Then someone piped up with the oh-so-helpful "that GM didn't know anything about the SR setting" type of comment, that is pretty damn close to the actual wording. I asked why, what part was the problem (because i was still new to the game). They didn't even bother respond. I eventually came to realize the attitude underlying the comment, and just how damn prevalent it is here.

The person i remember it being still posts here, and often. I'm not going to name them because i'm not 100% certain of the name, and at this point it isn't even that important who it was. I'm frankly tired of that whole pretentous attitude surrounding a game, and have lost my patience for that sort of crap.

All you seem to be doing is flaming.  A point of having a sig is so that people may refer to it from time to time and be reminded of the sig member's opinion or outlook. IMO, it was needless to say, "Here's another instance of part 3 section a of my sig."

Given the above, i'd say in fact it does serve a point to underline the ongoing disease infecting this place as opposed to this simply being an issolated incident. It isn't just that post by mmu1.

Btw, are you compensating for something (not necessarily the usual something) by needing multiple tags? It seems silly at times when a person's sig is longer than their comment.

nyahnyah.gif True that though there are people with bigger sigs than others my current one is on the high side. Much larger than i normally have. I kinda accumulated then lately. While i managed to cull some things, i think the "rye special" was the last one i ditched, i'm torn between things to keep and things to toss. The Mercer quote is really old, probably 2+ years. Definately since before the last time i got fed up with this place. So even though i like it maybe it needs to go. I found the Crimson one really, really funny at the time. However it is more topical and doesn't have much of a shelf-life, so it should probably go. The Firefly quote will have to stay till at least the movie comes out.

I wish the "Dumpshock Forums:..." line wasn't applicable anymore so i could dump it, i really do. But sadly it is, and likely to stay that way. It is the reason i've left here for extended time before, and most likely it will be the reason i'll leave again.

Anyway, back to whereever the thread subject had drifted too...
blakkie
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685)
o.O

Bwahaahahaahaaaaah! BAWWAHAAAHAAAAAAAH!

HOW, exactly, do you get Loffy as a Fixer?

Three words: sensual...talon...massage
pragma
This was a long time ago. My second run ever as GM.

A character tried to walk through an airport with an AK-97. When challenged he said it was for "orthopedic uses" (apparently meaning chiropractic). He proceeded to have the group troll hit him on the back a few times to get the point across to the security guards.

The end of the story involves a lot of slivergun fire.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (pragma)
This was a long time ago. My second run ever as GM.

A character tried to walk through an airport with an AK-97. When challenged he said it was for "orthopedic uses" (apparently meaning chiropractic). He proceeded to have the group troll hit him on the back a few times to get the point across to the security guards.

Hopefully he was already out of the cobat due to stun, and a gun that would never woprk again.
SFEley
Here's another "not quite a death but it should have been" moment. I still get nostalgic about it.

It's ten years ago. I'm running my very first Shadowrun session with a new group. I've spent way too long reading the SR2 rules. Alas, so have some of my players.

One of the players has created a typical big-gun troll. I only glance at his character sheet, and lacking experience I don't see much wrong. But he's sniggering about something, extremely self-satisfied.

Me: "These attributes seem a little high."

Him: "Yeah. That's because I took a Deadly allergy."

Me: "Umm, are you sure that's a good idea?"

Him: "Yeah, it'll be fine. It's something I'm positive I'll never come in contact with."

Me: "Okay, what?"

Him: "I'm not going to tell you! If I tell you you'll make sure I run into it all the time."

Me: "Dude. I'm the GM."

Him: "Just trust me, okay? If I actually see it somewhere, I'll tell you."

Now, with the benefit of hindsight, it's clear that I was a dumbass to agree to this. But I must emphasize again that it was our first game. We've all been there, right?

So all the characters meet up, yadda yadda, and they get their tipoff for their first run. It's in an old house in Everett, and their client is a free hearth spirit that's the spirit of that house. The house is a shelter for a bunch of squatters, but a corporation has bought the land and intends to knock it down and build a Stuffer Shack there. The runners' job is to find some dirt that they can use against the company and convince them to change their plans.

Runners: "But how can you pay us? You're a spirit, you don't carry a credstick."

Spirit: "Do not concern yourselves. I have been conserving my resources for an occasion such as this. I am prepared to offer you three thousand of your...I believe it is called 'nuyen?' if you will accept this task, and another three thousand upon completion. Will you accept?"

Runners: "Sure. But we need the money now."

At which point the spirit manifests its Wealth power, and a shower of gold coins appears from above the runners' heads.

The troll screams and heads for the door, his skin burning and blistering, leaving the others agape.

Player: "How could you know! I didn't tell you, dammit!"

Me: "Tell me what?"

(pause, smack forehead)

Me: "Ooooohhhhhhhhhh."
Sicarius
GMing a game, with 4 players, One Cyber-Troll of Doom, a Alcoholic Mercenary with a Grenade Launcher Fetish, a speed-demon close combat samurai, and a Facer/Fixer type.

The mission was to take out a target expected to testify, being transported under armed guard, in City Master. The Group rightly decides to spend their up front cash on an anti-tank rocket from Fields of Fire.

They are laying in wait, the target comes into view, and they open up... and its a Miss. The citymaster unloads Metroplex Guards, under cover fire, which the team is prepared for, since plan B is a set radio controlled explosives along the roadway...

The Fixer States he's going to charge the CityMaster, with his trusty Crusader MP.

Needless to say, he takes a deadly...

The team detonates the explosives rather than rescue him.

ShadowDragon8685
SFEley - BWAAA-hahaahaaaaah!

That's perfect. Perfect! smile.gif

And that fixer was a moron. I guess he got fixed, eh? smile.gif
Jürgen Hubert
Those stories are great! Don't forget to put them on the Character Graveyard of the Shadowrun NPCs Wiki! wink.gif
Sabosect
I would submit the dead characters from my time playing, but there's a slight size issue. How many megs do you allow per section?
Jürgen Hubert
QUOTE (Sabosect)
I would submit the dead characters from my time playing, but there's a slight size issue. How many megs do you allow per section?

Hey, I am not the one paying for tha bandwidth - Wikicities is. wink.gif

Though I wonder how you would get into megabyte territory with text alone (since uploading pictures is apparently not an option)?
nezumi
He uses REALLY big letters.
Sabosect
QUOTE (Jürgen Hubert)
QUOTE (Sabosect @ Aug 17 2005, 07:30 PM)

Hey, I am not the one paying for tha bandwidth - Wikicities is. wink.gif

Though I wonder how you would get into megabyte territory with text alone (since uploading pictures is apparently not an option)?

We lose 1-2 characters per session at the very least. Our current record is 64 characters lost in one session (Close to 11 TPKs on the same run, the players refused to give up until the last). Then, there's the newbie characters that get executed for stupidity.

So, yeah, my group uses mass graves.
Jrayjoker
Sounds like fun. Isn't there an event at GenCon that is pretty much just PK after PK after PK? D&D I think?
Sabosect
Hey, the other GM and I agreed: They can have 140 BP to use for character builds. However, the campaign is going to be challenging. And there's nothing wrong for a party to take justice into their own hands.
PBTHHHHT
How about trying Paranoia? That sounds like a game for ya.
pragma
QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
QUOTE (pragma @ Aug 14 2005, 04:50 PM)
This was a long time ago.  My second run ever as GM.

A character tried to walk through an airport with an AK-97.  When challenged he said it was for "orthopedic uses" (apparently meaning chiropractic).  He proceeded to have the group troll hit him on the back a few times to get the point across to the security guards.

Hopefully he was already out of the combat due to stun, and a gun that would never work again.

Actually, the story is a little longer than one would imagine.

The group troll sucessfully played dumb (not hard for a starting runner's troll) and everyone else rather rapidly left Ume (pronounced you-me and selected simply to attempt to confuse other characters into not knowing who they were talking about) hung out to dry.

As a result, Ume was rapidly taken into custody because he demonstrated a rather exceptional knowledge of when to stop fighting. The rest of the team proceeded to go to great lengths to rescue him from a pair of guards that both had wired III (the first enemies ever seen with that piece of cyberware).

Ume, thrilled at his release, didn't wait to have invisibility cast on him but rather sprinted into the middle of the detention wing and used his twin cyberspurs to gut a receptionist. He noticed subsequently that he was in the line of sight of about 32 security guards (who had stripped him of his armor earlier).

At which point said slivergun fire ensued. To be spiteful, it was treated as one very large burst dealing 32D with about 16 additional boxes of overflow.
Sabosect
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT)
How about trying Paranoia? That sounds like a game for ya.

Tried that. Not quite as satisfying as the characters dying because of bad dice rolls.
Jürgen Hubert
QUOTE (Sabosect)
We lose 1-2 characters per session at the very least. Our current record is 64 characters lost in one session (Close to 11 TPKs on the same run, the players refused to give up until the last). Then, there's the newbie characters that get executed for stupidity.

So, yeah, my group uses mass graves.

Well, as long as you create separate entries for each character, I fail to see where the problem is...
Sabosect
There's about 2000 of them...
ChaLk
QUOTE (Speedy)
...Next group, one guy turns his back on an NPC pointing 2 Ruger thunderbolts at his head because he wanted to make sure the guy who just got manabolted was totally dead.
Needless to say, He became totaly dead.

yeah dood, that was funny.
wobble.gif
ChaLk
QUOTE (imperialus)
Said and done the damage may have been quite a bit ecsessive but we were between 14 and 15 years all fairly new to the game and I failed to mention in the orriginal post that the elf had also been used as a battering ram to break through the plate glass window which had injured him further.

All this four story stuff reminds me of a fubar of my own. Okay, time for one from myself - with only myself and a lack of communication to blame. It's not lethal either, but a bit embarassing.
So, a team of four runners (2 mages, 1 sammy and 1 doc/sam = me) are hired to capture an Ork ganger.
We track him to a hotel, where he and his lady-friend are having a grand-ole-time on the third or fourth storey (long time ago, can't remember details).
So the team splits, 1 mage and sammy go into the lobby under cover of invisability, myself and the other (a troll) mage go around and up a rickety fire escape. We stealth up and peek in his window, spotting him and his girl busy inside. We also have a view into window at the end of the hallway. The fire escape starts to buckle under our combined weight, so the troll mage casts levitate, saving our hoops. Just now the team below radios to "go". The Ork comes out of his room, armed, to check out the noise coming from the rickety fire-escape. My character, in a (stupid) attempt to frighten the Ork back into his room and corner him throws a (paint) grenade through the window and over his shoulder.

Picture it, you're an invisable sammy and you see a grenade flying over your targets shoulder and land at your feet. With those expensive wired-flex's you reach out, and lob that grenade straight back where it came from (not noticing it read: Paint Grenade - Red on the side).
Seconds later the floating troll and myself are covered head to toe in red paint.

I don't recall if the Ork put up a fight or was too busy laughing at us.
ChaLk
okay, one more...this one more recent. Also not quite deadly but still quite enjoyable.
The (uber powerful) team consists of:
A really fast sniper/gun bunny,
an absolutely terrifying (and very unlucky) shark shaman minotaur with a fetish for foreboding spells),
a crazy rigger/doctor,
and an ambidextrous giant who is ridiculously big and good at using his dual wielded combat axes.

I don't recall the exact details of how they got into this, but the whole team managed to piss off a corporate facility and require a hasty escape. Half of the team (sniper, rigger, and giant) manages to retreat to the heli-pad and is about to make good their escape. The Minotaur (under cover of physical mask spell) is cornered inside, and decides to use his favorite spell - an extremely high force foreboding spell, centred on himself (which he resisted without much problem). Guards no longer posed a problem as they flee nearly insane from panic. The minotaur walks up to the helipad, even causing several guards to leap off the building rather than stay within L-O-S. The rigger and sniper were safely out of LOS in the chopper. That's when the foreboding spell came down full force on the Giant. Absolutely cornered and insane with fear resulted in an attack by the Giant against this massive magical threat. An extremely lucky roll later, both of the Minotaurs arms were sliced clean off. now unconscious, his spell dropped. He survived (due in large part to the rigger/doctor) and now sports two shiny new cyberarms.
Weeks later, the Minotaur woke up, and he and the Giant agreed that because he'd taken the worst the Giant could dish out, then it's only fair the Giant take the worst he could deal. The giant agreed to this(?!) and braced himself.

Maybe it was mercy that he decided not to cast, but instead blasted the Giant point blank with his bf combat shotgun. The Giant survived (his body was huge!), and the team went on to more insane hijinks.

- yes folks, it took me a while to realize that keeping the amount of cash and karma you dole out for runs is a good way to slow down the insanity. alas i doubt there is any way to stop it. wobble.gif
Lucifer
This was my first Shadowrun game. I was playing a cheesy 'ninja' character (an Adept with a lot of points in Improved Stealth, Athletics, Free Fall/Great Leap, and Throwing Weapons) and most of the other players were fairly generic archetypes. The standout was a player who started as a dwarf drone rigger.

To start the campaign the GM ran us through Food Fight just to get us acquainted. The brawl was quite fun; lots of food getting shot up, lots of melee, everything you'd expect. Well, except one thing. The unarmed drone rigger's first action when the battle ensued was to jump over the counter and hide behind it - right with the employee working the counter, who'd just ducked down to grab the Streetsweeper she promptly unloaded in his face.

He survived, mostly. For some reason I was rolling some incredibly high - though not especially good - rolls (instances where I'd only have one or two successes, but they'd be in the 18+ range, I mean) and the GM decided to go with it and give a lot of fluff about me kicking people through shelves of food and such. Which was probably for the best, because after the dwarf ended up pinned under an overturned Slurpee machine (no, I can't recall how - best not to ask, anyway) he let me lift it off of him because of an incredibly high roll, despite the fact that (based on what I know of the game now) I shouldn't have been able to.

No harm, no foul, right? We're all pretty new, he made some mistakes but good rolls got him out of it. Unfortunately that's what we thought, instead of taking it as a sign of troubled waters ahead...

We get hired to track down a Mr. Johnson who set up a fixer's previous team of runners. The first place we stop is his apartment; at this point several of the characters are still out doing other legwork (meeting contacts and such) and I'm alone with the rigger. I tell him I'm going up to check it out, and to run overwatch with his drones, and then go into (completely over-the-top, given the nil security present) 'ninja' infiltration mode up the fire escape.

Well, when I get inside the room I find the rigger in there, having gone straight up the interior stairs and enterred through the front door. There's an audio recording playing - the standard villainous "Bwahaha you're fragged!" speech - and a steady beeping sound. I, having a brain in my head, turn right back around and dive out the window.

The GM was rather magnanimous at this point, allowing the rigger's player a lot of (real-world) time to sort the situation out. His first reaction, despite seeing my character leap out the bloody window, was to find the 'phone' and answer it. The other players are all staring in disbelief, but the GM remains patient, and allows him to find the 'phone' - a small box with various colored wires attached to it, which the rigger ponders incredulously.

One of the other players - OOC - finally loses his nerve and blurts out, "It's a bomb!" The rigger player finally runs and dives out the window... still holding the 'mystery box' he collected from the Johnson's apartment.

That was the worst of it, but hardly all. He replaced his (now-dead) rigger mid-run with a 'combat decker'. This decker had Wired Reflexes III. Now, because he spent all his cred and essence on WR3 and a (really crappy) deck and accompanying programs, he had no other offensive 'ware - not even a smartlink, much less defensive stuff. And since we were playing with SR3 core rules only, he had only the paper thin SecureTech Clothing armor therein.

So what was his strategy in combat?

You guessed it, he'd win initiative (naturally) and then immediately run toward the enemy, firing away ineffectually. It only took a couple of combats before he was in the unenviable position of rolling higher initiative than the enemies, who in turn had rolled higher initiative than everyone else in our group.

He broke cover, sprinted down an alley popping off shots at the heavily armored corporate security team with his Slivergun, and then promptly turned into Swiss cheese when they all took their turns and he was the only available target not behind cover.

We didn't invite him back for the next session.
Grinder
rotfl.gif

He should better concentrate on another, yet not-so-chromed, weapon as the slivergun if the character was supposed to last a little bit longer with this "tactic". rotfl.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Why not!? He sounds like great fun! biggrin.gif
Grinder
But obviously he wasn't meant to last long as a runner. wink.gif bringing "style over substance" to a new level.

edit: typos corrected
Oracle
In my group was an ExNavySeal character who was slightly paranoid. For that reason he secured his MPUV with an anti theft system which was rigged to 5 kg of C12.
One day the team was doing some surveillance work on a warehouse used by a go-gang as a hideout. All of the team was sniffing around in the surrounding area. The only person staying in the car was the elven cat-shaman, doing some astral scouting. Just in that situation a larger number of gangers returned to the hideout. The Seal parked the car just on the other side of the road. One of the gangers got curious and tried to open the door of the car. NavySeal:'Kaboooom!!' frown.gif

Since that incident exploding cars are forbidden in our group.
Cyberon
Here a good one, my GM allways expected us to be goody two-shoes. He had the nasty habbit of punishing you through several gamesession, if you did something evil.

a Little Background. I was playing a Physical Adept - Close Combat Expert, that started out as a street thug, and actually had implanted Cyberware (Smartlink, Spurs), before he discovered that he was awakened. He also had a real temper problem, dealing with some anger management, he could litteraly snap, but through training he maneged to focus his anger into adept powers.
After many session where he eventually had gathered a lot of Karma, seeing his Street Sam buddies become better with purchased cyberware, and himself reaching the maximum allowed skill levels allowed in that game, and have tried finding someone who could teach him some adept stuff, 5 game sessions worth, just not exactly the way the GM wanted, he also expects that we use all our personal knowledge to figure things out, not just our Charactes, meaning since my character knew nothing about magic and the magic community i could not find noone to teach me.

Now also you must know since my character was strugling with his inner rage, and actually wasn't interested in doing good deeds, and his buddies had been pretty nasty to him in a few session. Then suddenly the Ultimate Bad guys show up and offer me to become initiate, during the initiation he was placed with a choice that to actually initiate he had to kill an innocent person. I actually concidered it a while, but decided that everything that had happened was enough and my character to the step to the "Dark" side.

Now keeping that in mind, a few game sessions later, our group are given to job to escort a crate to a corp building in a busy downtown area. We are on the square in front of the building when this person appears demanding that we handover the crate. Our resident mage take a peek in the Astral plane at the person and turns white... "It's a Dragon he whispers"
At that point my Dark Masters ambush the crate with a Sniper shoot, damaging it, but not destroying the Egg inside (Yep, we where facing Daddy)
The GM then have my Dark master whisper in my hear "Shoot the eg", i look at the GM and do the following:
Allready holding my Ares, i look into the eyes of the Dragon/Human form, "Frag you", and fires two shots into the egg. (Rolling a huge amount of successes, with both hits, smashing the egg.)
At the point all around the table including the GM look at me with a "What-The-F****" look.
After the session my GM asked me why i did it. I just looked at him and said "You told me too", then he said "But you had a choice", i just smiled and said "actually i allready made that choice during the initiation", i never stopped paying for that, and he almost ruined my lust for the Game.
The dragon offcourse went crazy, and our group where lucky to escape, we had to go underground for some while.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012