Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Art Attack!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Kenshi
I'm bored at work and my lunch hour is coming up. So here's the deal...

The first person who replies to this post with a character description will get a sketch of that character posted here LATER ON TODAY!!! Remember, be as detailed as posible in your description. It must be at least 3 sentences for me to accept it. No "Troll with gun".

Ready... Set... GO!!!
hahnsoo
A tall, lean dwarf with a wiry frame. He has lightly tanned skin with straight black hair down to his neck, and keeps his beard trimmed to a long thin mustache and goatee. He prefers to wear brown to black leathers adorned with beads in Native American patterns. He typically wears a Kevlar reinforced Cowboy hat, with a brown lined coat and formfit level 3 armor. He has a persistent cough that he keeps under control with herbal cough drops. Concealed under his coat is a gun-belt with his pair of decorated Cavalier Deputy pistols.
Kenshi
" A tall, lean dwarf... " smile.gif

You got it...
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Kenshi)
" A tall, lean dwarf... " smile.gif

You got it...

Which would make him approximately 4 feet tall. smile.gif
torzzzzz
Dwarf tall and lean?

how about a ork about 6 and a half foot, violet eyes and enough fire power to down several small countys. wearing form fitting body armour and a long coat, erm bright blue hair and a shot gun slung over its back with I'M PISSED AND I'V GOT A GUN' imbossed along the barrel. proberly about body 8 (small for an ork) coverd in scars and cuts.

My god you are only on lunch now? i'v finshed work and am getting ready for my tea and i tll you one thing im glad today was over with....... pah!

Torz x
torzzzzz
nother point just looked outside and we have a blizard!

my god i might get a day off work tomorow as i live in the arse end of beond up a mountain!

torz x
hermit
Okay, I'll try myself on this one.

Always thought there need to be more pics of orc ladies anyway.

Could you give me more information about the orc lady?
Kenshi
Here you go...

Approx. Sketch Time: 25 mins
Garland
Nice. You need to get bored more often.
Tarantula
Thats awesome, but you realize now you're going to be bombarded with sketch requests.
hermit
Whoa, not bad! Bad scan, but hey, not that I am complaining!

Mind if I save that for my NPC image databank? Might come in handy in the future ...
Kenshi
I'll do a better scan later. The scanner here at work bites...

Go ahead, Hermit... if Hahnsoo doesn't mind. It's his Dwarf. wink.gif
Aes
Off-topic, but isn't that a quote from Alien Swarm Kenshi?
Veracusse
That was pretty good. I am impressed. Since you offered here is the next bombardment.

Female Elf Decker.
Street Name: Raven
Description: She is not too personal; usually with a chip on her shoulder. She has black hair that goes about halfway down the kneckline. Her hair is greasy, and combed straight back. She is fond of wearing black leather jackets, and carrying a black cyberdeck. Although it is nothing fancy and it definitly does not have any silly knobs or stuff like that. She used to work for an investment/insurance company, so she usually wears semi-formal business attire under her black leather jacket. Just simple slacks, shirt and maybe even a women's power tie. Oh yeah she is fond of boots. She is actually pretty good lookin, if she were to keep herself better, and not scowl all the time.

This is for a player of mine, since I am the GM. If you want to do this then that would be cool. If not then oh well!

Veracusse
Veracusse
Boy you are all pretty fast at responding to this request.
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Kenshi)
Here you go...

Awesome! Thanks a bunch. I'll see if I can float some Karma your way sometime in the near future.
Kenshi
Here's a better resolution scan.

Veracusse, maybe your character will be Tomorrow's Lunch Time Sketch... smile.gif
torzzzzz
QUOTE (Kenshi)
Here you go...

Wish I was that good, I do stick men, better at drawing anatomical dissection material my self!

torz x nyahnyah.gif
Toshiaki
Very nice work Kenshi, if you have any other shadowrun artwork, I think that everybody would like to see it. Do you happen to have a site somewhere with other sketches of yours?
Veracusse
I liked the more solid lines on the original one that you scanned in. I am fond of charcoal more than I am of pencil. I realize that the first one you scanned in was pencil, but it reminds me of a charcoal sketch, which I really like. I guess I like the stronger contrast between black and white that you get with charcoal and ink. Although I do appreciate pencil sketches too. My mon was an artist and she did primarily charcoal and ink.

Veracusse

Oh yeah. If you plan to draw RAven tomorrow she has feminine features, but with a strong nose. Although nothing outrageous.
torzzzzz
QUOTE (hermit)
Okay, I'll try myself on this one.

Always thought there need to be more pics of orc ladies anyway.

Could you give me more information about the orc lady?

Sorry totaly missed the last bit,
As i said she is small for an ork but makes up for it on weapons, likes to dress in urban combats or something similar tends to have her hair up really high on top of her head (blue), violet cyber eyes, not much obvious cyber kit apart form the eyes, likes big boots too, you know the kind more metal than boot. Has a scar running around her neck and up the left side of her face and the biohazard symbol tattooed on her right arm and a black snake up her left with a nail through its head, ( long story form an old game).

Wow Never really though about what she looks like in that much detail b4!

torz x

P.s If you manage to do it thanks! notworthy.gif
Paul
10 minute sketch at work.

Same time frame

Less than five minutes

I am sorry I posted these, I really have much better art out there, just not online.
torzzzzz
Wow and you say you have better?????
Paul
Absolutely, those were just character inspired sketches. I usually have a better standard I like to meet. You'll notice the proportions and shading is way off on those sketches.
Kenshi
Here is Veracusse's character

Raven

Nice work, Paul. smile.gif
Paul
I like that Kenshi, it catches the eye.
Veracusse
Kenshi

Wow. Thanks, that was pretty good. It is what I had in mind. I like the shading and the use of dark space for the long jacket. I will show it to my player and see what she thinks of it.

Veracusse

BTW, Kenshi, do you post any of your work on Elfwood?
torzzzzz
QUOTE (Kenshi)
Here is Veracusse's character

Raven

Nice work, Paul. smile.gif

You are all a bunch of budding artist's....... DAM GOOD I TELL YOU!

love.gif

Torz x
Kenshi
Thanks, Veracusse.

No, I do not post on Elfwood. I'm currently setting up my own site to feature my work. When it's up, Dumpshock will be the first to know.
Large Mike

Here's one for you:

An anglo ghoul troll with aztec tattoos all over his torso and arms. He's generally dominated by an extremely happy demeanor and has the toothiest grin this side of a tooth care ad. No hair to speak of, the remains of a pair of troll-sized handcuffs around his wrists (no longer connected to each other) and a predeliction towards claymores.

And probably a shirt depicting a retro cartoon. Possibly Thundercats or something of a similar era.

Dooable?
Kenshi
Wow. It's like I've opened a really cool Pandora's Box. biggrin.gif

I'll do another sketch tomorrow. If you'd like something a little more than a sketch, PM me and we'll work out details.

PS - I CAN do color...
hermit
Depressing, you're all better than I am ... oh well. Guess I need mroe ractice. smile.gif

Here's Attilius, torz X. Hope she has a bit in common with how you imagine her ... I left out the coat on purpose, and the inscription on the gun cannot be read ... it was a bit of a study in human muscles as well as a character portrait. Not inked yet, as I tend to ruin pictures by inking the original.

torzzzzz
That sooo cool, just what she is like may be abit more rough and ready but its great!! thanks so much

torz x
hermit
Ok, the leather coat should do that. Glad you like it. smile.gif Will try to draw something like that up tomorrow.

Does she smoke?
torzzzzz
yep, As i have given up and its the only way i can still do it!

heheheheheheheh

torz x
Kenshi
Nice work, hermit. I like the way you made the left arm flex. Very nice.
hermit
Hahaha! I can damn well undertand that!

My characters tend to be smokers, too. My elf chick even has a special bioware installed to not have foul breath (and to always have a minty taste in the mouth at morn, even when she hasn't brushed her teeth in quite some time). She also smokes menthol cigarettes.

The Sam hasn't, but the smell of beer neatly camouflages the smokers' breath. wink.gif

Edit:
Nice work, hermit. I like the way you made the left arm flex. Very nice.

Thanks! I kinda made her off balance though ... but I am damn proud of these arms!
Kenshi
The "off balance" thing gives her a sense of motion. I think it's great.
Hasaku
QUOTE (hermit)
Mind if I save that for my NPC image databank? Might come in handy in the future ...

Would this NPC image databank happen to be online? I've been trying to put together my own, but it's pretty meager. I just grab whatever catches my eye.
shadow_scholar
QUOTE (Large Mike)
Here's one for you:

An anglo ghoul troll with aztec tattoos all over his torso and arms.  He's generally dominated by an extremely happy demeanor and has the toothiest grin this side of a tooth care ad.  No hair to speak of, the remains of a pair of troll-sized handcuffs around his wrists (no longer connected to each other) and a predeliction towards claymores.

And probably a shirt depicting a retro cartoon.  Possibly Thundercats or something of a similar era.

Dooable?

I just thought I'd give it a go, also, so here's my version of yours, Large Mike. I didn't know what kind of claymore you meant, so I included both kinds that I know of. Yeah, the pic took me just over an hour, but it was fun. Enjoy.

Large Mike's Ghoul Troll

edit: Aw crap!! I just realized I forgot the handcuffs! I'll try to fix it tomorrow.
Veracusse
Here is an interesting site, but it is more geared towards fantasy art and stuff. You will find a lot more "floofy" fairies and elves here but there are some cool picks

Elfwood

I usually go here for npc/char art. I wish that there was a Shadowrun type of gallery similar to this. Would it be a probable thing if Dumpshock were to host a fansite such as this where people could post there character sketches and stuff. It would be cool to have a fansite art gallery that was dedicated to Shadowrun material.

What do others think about such a thing?

Veracusse
Sandoval Smith
As long as people are posting ideas to eat up Kenshi's break time...

Sebastian St. John is a dwarf with the 'human looking' edge. Unfortunately, in his case this gives him an overwhelning resmemblance to a 12 year old human child. His most noteable feature would be the black protective lenses he has over his cyber eyes. He dresses inconspicuously, light jeans, t-shirt, and a dark denim jacket, and wears a beat up baseball cap. He's a rigger (where size really doesn't matter biggrin.gif ) and has datajack on each temple by the hairline. It really is hard to tell that he's not a twelve year old human, unless he's got that Colt Cobra slung over his shoulder.
Weredigo
Weredigo, Dwarf, stands about Four foot Five, Built like a Brick Sh!thouse, and gives his full attention to everyone he encounters, He wears Six buckle boots, Black Cargo Slacks, a Very Rare Metallica Tee-Shirt, Orange/white/black flannel, Grey denim duster (armored), and a Leather Harley Davidson ball cap over his flame red mullet, as a very traditional Dwarf he keeps his beard long and clean. One eye is Mint green, the other is Sea green. At both armpits are holstered Colt revolvers. On his right boot is stuck a Super Ruger Warhawk revolver named Mollie whose grip come to just an inch and a half from his right palm. { selective magnetic cyberlimb system with dimmerswitch, hand made} Tucked into his belt is his ever present travel mug of gourmet coffee, and some trashy detective novel from his collection.
(The concept for him started as a more sober and kinder Yosemite Sam)

Jack Frost, Elf, stands Six foot Nine, I dressed from the neck down in the finest (yet armored) black business suit, with White shirt, and Black tie, the perfect effect broken only by the thick leather moccassins (Wyvern Hide). He wears a black short brim fedora with a dark yellow brim upon his naturally bald scalp, and black sunglasses.

Aes
Damn you for beating me to that idea Sandoval wink.gif

Ah well - Character from the same thread as the character Sandoval referred to:

Maeva is tall elf of the night ones metatype. She has a lithe body and generous curves. Her skin (or fur, if you will) is dark blue with a purple tint to it. Her hair - usually worn loose and reaching a bit below her shoulders - a lighter shade of the same hue with several silvery streaks running through it. She has finely chiseled features, ears slightly larger than average for an elf and a mischievous smile that could sell toothpaste by the truckload. Her cybernetic eyes are blue - no irises and pupils - and barring when she's sleeping or trying to be stealthy they glow faintly (eye light system). Two chipjacks and a datajack are mounted vertically on the left side of her throat, all of them capped in silver and worked in inticrate tribal designs. The same tribal designs are mirrored in her shifting nanotattoo, designed to make her fur take on a silvery color in patterns that run down both sides of her throat, covers bother her shoulders and runs down both her arms ending just before the wrists. A pendant, following the design of her datajack caps hans from an almost invisible chain around her neck and three small rings pierce her right ear. She wears a tight, black tank top to show off her tattoos, a pair of cargo pants and a pair of jogging shoes. She carries a black racing helmet in her right hand.
torzzzzz

I have a small offering to post but i'm not sure how to put the jpeg link on.....
( got the picture scanned to CD) any help would be gladly received!

torz x ohplease.gif
hermit
Upload it to www.photobucket.com or some similar site, then link.
Kenshi
Alright, it's almost time for another LUNCH TIME SKETCH™ smile.gif

Also, thanks to Hermit & Shadow Scholar for adding their artwork as well.
torzzzzz
This is quite odd, I have come home form work....... Looked on the site and you lot are all talking about lunch time!!

Saying that after the day i've had i am glad its over!

Still trying to get my picture i did at lunchtime up on the site!

torz x
Tarantula
How about sketching Raptor for me?

Hes a street kid, not quite 20 yet, with kid stealth legs and a balance tail. (Now that you have a vague picture...) He lives mostly in squats, and is fairly average in build. His hair is ruffled and unkept, with dirty smudges on his face. His cybereyes look normal, except for the yellow iris, and his cyberears are just little holes in his head. His kidstealth legs are outfitted with the latest and greatest in hydraulic jacks, as well as having retractable climbing claws in his hands make getting into places rather easy. He wears an anti-sensor form fitting body suit, complete with balaclava, and fingerless gloves. The shoes stay off to allow him to actually walk with his bird-like feet. He wears an urban-night camoflage suit over his form fit. He uses a dart-pistol, for the silent aspect, as well as having options for quick, non-lethal takeout. As for getting out of places, if he had to climb in, he'll low-altitude parachute his way out.

Anyway, give it a shot maybe eh?
Fortune
QUOTE (torzzzzz)
This is quite odd, I have come home form work....... Looked on the site and you lot are all talking about lunch time!!

Think that's strange? It's 4:22 AM (Dumpshock's clock has alway been wrong) where I'm sitting. nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012