Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Art Attack!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Lindt
Love the power puff girls shirt. It just makes it.
Tarantula
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (torzzzzz @ Mar 4 2005, 04:15 AM)
This is quite odd, I have come home form work....... Looked on the site and you lot are all talking about lunch time!!

Think that's strange? It's 4:22 AM (Dumpshock's clock has alway been wrong) where I'm sitting. nyahnyah.gif

You know you can change your timezone in your settings, so that the clock is correct for you...
torzzzzz
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (torzzzzz @ Mar 4 2005, 04:15 AM)
This is quite odd, I have come home form work....... Looked on the site and you lot are all talking about lunch time!!

Think that's strange? It's 4:22 AM (Dumpshock's clock has alway been wrong) where I'm sitting. nyahnyah.gif

hehehehehe the clock on my page say's 12:51pm i always thought it was U.S time??

torz x
Tarantula
I think the default is EST.
Fortune
QUOTE (torzzzzz)
hehehehehe the clock on my page say's 12:51pm i always thought it was U.S time??

As was said, it is the EST (Eastern Standard Time), but I'm not in the States. wink.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (Tarantula)
You know you can change your timezone in your settings, so that the clock is correct for you...

My time zone is correct. The Dumpshock clock runs approximately 7 minutes fast. It's even worse lately, in that posting times seem to jump randomly for no apparent reason.
Kenshi
Here is WEREDIGO!

Sorry, Sandoval Smith. I know you posted first but don't worry, yours is coming...

Approx. Sketch Time: 20 mins
Weredigo
Fckin awesome dude, Thanks... though the barrel is short you pegged him perfectly...
Wireknight
Wow, you're good. If you're bored next time you're at work...

Zack, a tall, broad-shouldered elf with an athlete's build, sharp, chiseled features, trid-star good looks, slightly more protuberant ears than average for his metatype, short and spiky blond hair, no visible tattoos or piercings. His working outfit is a light gray trenchcoat over a black BDU/sneak-suit with harness-rigs for paired pistols under each arm submachine gun at his right hip, katana at his left. Assorted thrown knives and minigrenades about his chest and legs, and a pair of MGLs, one holstered below each knee.

And mfb, if you read this and link a picture of Vash the Stampede, I will... bitch and threaten to kill you. A lot. I've been playing him for far longer than that goddamned anime has been out.
Fortune
Good stuff! I'd post a description, but I'll wait my turn.
Sandoval Smith
QUOTE (Kenshi)
Here is WEREDIGO!

Sorry, Sandoval Smith. I know you posted first but don't worry, yours is coming...

Approx. Sketch Time: 20 mins

What? You skipped me for just a few minutes? Umbrage, umbrage I say! I bemoan the complete lack of professionalism in a person doing me a favor of their own inclination, during their own free time! grinbig.gif

Ahem, translated from clueless consternation-ese, no problem, I appreciate you taking the time to do this.
hahnsoo
I colorized and added a background to the original sketch that Kenshi so graciously drew for me. It looks a bit cartoony and the colors are too vibrant, IMHO, but I'm no expert at Photoshopping a sketch:
Processed picture

The original sketch

I might try sepia-toning it or experimenting with some lighting and color combinations.

Edit: Futzed around with the background, desaturated the colors, and added some more lighting/shading effects, as well as some textures.
Sandoval Smith
You did a good job with the shadow though. Very sharp. The problem tends to be with pictures like that is that the contrast between the background, and the obviously drawn figure are rather jarring.
JaronK
Okay, here's one I'd love to see sketched.

Antonio Valencio Domingo Shadowpaw is a half Salish Amerindian, half Italian elven cat shaman, inspired in large part by the picture on page 165 of the SR3 book. He has short jet black hair, with two shaved in stripes on each side of his head just above the ear (which begin to look more like stripes when his shamanic mask becomes visible). Lythe and limber, he is the complete opposite of a brute force character. He seems very unlike a traditional runner... he's in the buisiness because he wants to support his flamboyant lifestyle without having to ever work too much. He comes off as effeminant when compared to most street toughs. However, he's a very competant shaman, and his easy-going style belies his rather significant magical prowess.

He's also an accomplished fashion designer and socialite, and makes an impressive face for the party.

JaronK
Weredigo
Good Job, wish I had the same artfull hand with that type of stuff. small problem though, colors are a bit too dark to see details. don't have to lighten the whole thing...
hahnsoo
QUOTE (JaronK)
Okay, here's one I'd love to see sketched.

Antonio Valencio Domingo Shadowpaw is a half Salish Amerindian, half Italian elven cat shaman, inspired in large part by the picture on page 165 of the SR3 book. He has short jet black hair, with two shaved in stripes on each side of his head just above the ear (which begin to look more like stripes when his shamanic mask becomes visible). Lythe and limber, he is the complete opposite of a brute force character. He seems very unlike a traditional runner... he's in the buisiness because he wants to support his flamboyant lifestyle without having to ever work too much. He comes off as effeminant when compared to most street toughs. However, he's a very competant shaman, and his easy-going style belies his rather significant magical prowess.

He's also an accomplished fashion designer and socialite, and makes an impressive face for the party.

JaronK

This sounds remarkably like our Raccoon Shaman, who is a female human half-German, half-Japanese fashion designer/socialite.
Kenshi
Sorry, Guys & Gals. I've got a lunch meeting today. No sketch. frown.gif

However, I'll be doing some art this weekend and I'll return with more LUNCH TIME SKETCH™ work on Monday.
JaronK
Yay! I love having character sketches, but my complete lack of drawing ability often gets in the way.

JaronK
Shadowrunner13
Kenshi...wow. I wish I had a single artistic fiber in my being so I could sketch my own characters... I can write, but draw...ah, to have both gifts.

Since my own drawing skills are lacking, I'm hoping you could sketch some of my protagonists for, what I've been told, is my better work...

OK, so it's an excuse to jump on this particular bandwagon... but it'd still be sweet. smile.gif

Here's my contribution...

Revenge

Pre-2062
6'1" Male Caucasian Elf, hair dyed jet black that runs halfway down his back, grey eye colour. He is very thin, almost unhealthy looking, but he has a handsome face, thanks to his elven blood. He is a hermetic mage that relies heavily on his levitation spell. He has become quite adept with his pistol as well. He always seems to wear black denim jeans and boots, as well as whatever T-shirt is not too dirty. Draped over his shoulders is an armored cloak which he swears by. He is almost always brooding in his appearance, since he blames Aztechnology (as a whole) for the death of his fiancee.

Post-2062
After a particularly nasty run-in with his sworn "enemy", Aztechnology, Revenge nearly lost his life. He did, however, get some answers he sought and his loathing of Aztech has subsided slightly, blaming individuals, rather than the whole corp. His hair is now cropped shorter (down to eye level) and dyed blonde. He wears urban camo, with a large black Omega symbol on his left breast. The right side of his face is now marred with a massive burn scar. His reliance has shifted from levitation to fire magic.

Glasgow
5'9" Female Caucasian Elf, her hair is long and black, with numerous candy-apple-red streaks in it. Her eyes are a striking violet and speaks in a mild Scottish accent. She has an excellent body that she works hard to maintain. She is hermetic, relying on illusions to distract before striking. She carries an ally spirit with her, in a chakrum that sits clipped to her waist. While she dresses to fit any occasion, she is often seen in a plain T-shirt and jeans, with a longcoat over top. She is playful by nature, but if get on her bad side, or she's had insufficient coffee, she has a mean streak a mile wide.

Tenmou
5’7”, 160 lbs, Male Asian Human, short black hair (not quite a brush cut, but pretty close), brown eyes, athletic build. Handsome features. Dresses well, in common Japanese fashions, but will adapt his dress to blend in to any setting he might be in. He almost always has his Daisho (Katana and Wakazashi) at his side or on his person. Most of Shitoki’s cybernetic modifications have been made subdermally to hide his edge, but a datajack and cybereyes (made to look like his old ones) are visible. He does have a string of Japanese kanji tattooed on his left forearm, denoting the Bushido code he has sworn to uphold, as well as his street name (in Japanese...I have the kanji, if you need it) on his left cheekbone. Tenmou had to flee Renraku and left his past with the Red Samurai behind, but he still upholds their creeds and uses the SCK Model 100 SMG he was trained with.
SuperSpy
I thought i would jump on this thread and throw out a sketch of my covert-ops/cat-burgler character named Ian. I can't remember how long it took me to draw it as I spent a few minutes at a time here and there on it over the last month. I'm working on "painting" a color version of the same image in photoshop right now.

Sandoval Smith
That's really good. Especially considering that that is a pretty nonstandard pose, you did an excellent job of getting the proportions and perspective to feel right.
Fortune
QUOTE (SuperSpy @ Mar 7 2005, 11:40 AM)
I thought i would jump on this thread and throw out a sketch of my covert-ops/cat-burgler character named Ian.

Very nice. Since everyone else is jumping on other bandwagons, I want to be first in line on yours if (or when) you offer to do some work for us forumites. biggrin.gif
SuperSpy
I can't promise work as fast and frequently as Kenshi's, but I could give a few sketches a go. Post a description, Fortune, and I'll see what I can do.
Weredigo
I can't promise work as fast and frequently as Kenshi's, but I could give a few sketches a go. Post a description, Fortune, and I'll see what I can do.

mind doing an alternate view of mine... the descriptions in this topic somewhere
Aes
Greedy, aren't we? wink.gif Think of all the poor, hungry children in Africa that haven't been sketched yet
Weredigo
Greedy, never. I'm no Doctor yet but I have a lot of Patience
Fortune
QUOTE (SuperSpy)

Ok, that'd be cool, thanks.

QUOTE (Danny's description)
Danny is slim and wiry, standing 1.81m tall, and weighing in at 75kg. He is fairly handsome, his fair complexion almost hidden under a dark tan, and other evidence of years spent in the outdoors. His emerald green eyes sparkle so naturally that it is difficult to remember that they are cyber replacements. Under his battered, but still elegant black Zoe-Stetson bound with leopard skin, his hair dark brown hair is close-cropped, but hangs in a long but small, braided ponytail down his back. He sports a tattoo of a feathered serpent in flight across his right chest and shoulder, and a small amethyst teardrop pendant dangles from the lobe of his left ear. An ivory armband circles his right bicep, and the middle finger on his left hand sports a platinum ring set with a sapphire. Danny dresses for comfort, usually in a pair of desert camo fatigue pants and sleeveless 'Concrete Dreams' t-shirt, his worn leather jacket bears the 'Gibson's Gypsies' logo; a t-bird superimposed over a burning Aztec pyramid.

I hope that's enough. If not, let me know and I can tell you more.
SuperSpy
QUOTE (Fortune)
I hope that's enough. If not, let me know and I can tell you more.

Just a couple questions: What race is he? What archetype? I was picking up 'Elven Hermetic Mage' from the description, but I didn't want to assume.
DrJest
Very nice all round smile.gif If I ever decide to do that SR graphic novel idea, I know where to come for artists ;D
Daegann
> You're lucky ^^
I have friend who draw well but they are too busy :'(

Anyway I always look for artist who can draw some of my characters... (and if they accept that I had the draw in a gallery for my site it's more cool biggrin.gif)

So, if someone have contact for me, he is welcome smile.gif

Anyway, in the case of Kenshi (or someone else) would draw some of my characters, I have mainly two characters that I would like a draw (more than that in fact but I wouldn't spam with all my draw idea) in order of preference

Jia : This korean girl have no obvious cyberware (induction datajack, etc )she is also physad and mage, but she is not a magical support, magic is not her main skills wich is more for tactical operation (stealth, pistol, AR, SMG, athletics) and her height is standard. She's pretty active and enjoy the life (at less it's her main visible mood) she is also a MMORPG addict (and it make me think that I need an avatar for her persona in the Matrix...). Mmh what else... about clothe she wear many things, from military pants (sorry I don't know the word in english) with short sleeved or skirt with t-shirt and other things. In operation she wear generally a black military pant with black kevlar protection and hi-tech goggle. She always wear glove. Ah and she have black hair, short but not too short... ^^;

The second (I haven't find his nick for the moment) : It's an ork, I don't determine yet his look so it's pretty open. He is a mercs who like LMG and Assault Rifle. He is from Ukraine.
hahnsoo
Man, I'm glad I was the first one on this bandwagon... so many art requests...
Kenshi
Alright kids, it's Monday and time for another LUNCH TIME SKETCH™!

Today's is Sandoval Smith's dwarf rigger, Sebastian St. John

Approx. Sketch Time: 18 mins

This one was a little different as I did the sketch in PEN (I couldn't find a pencil at work).
torzzzzz
Thats so cool!

torz eek.gif grinbig.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (SuperSpy @ Mar 8 2005, 03:14 AM)
Just a couple questions:  What race is he?  What archetype?  I was picking up 'Elven Hermetic Mage' from the description, but I didn't want to assume.

Duh! I can't believe I left out the most obviously needed details! embarrassed.gif

He's a Human Dragonslayer Shaman from Texas, with a massive hatred of all things Aztlan. smile.gif

Thanks again.
Aes
QUOTE (Kenshi)
Alright kids, it's Monday and time for another LUNCH TIME SKETCH™!

Today's is Sandoval Smith's dwarf rigger, Sebastian St. John

Approx. Sketch Time: 18 mins

This one was a little different as I did the sketch in PEN (I couldn't find a pencil at work).

Oh, ms. LeClerc is SO going to refer to Sebastian as "the Kid with the Joystick" behind his back now wink.gif

Nice one
Sandoval Smith
I like the joystick, it's a great touch. biggrin.gif I'm really impressed with how well you managed to pin down how he looks like a kid, but just not quite (you managed to get that fact across in your picture better than in my head). Mega kudos. notworthy.gif

*edited for clarity:
SuperSpy
Danny after 10 minutes... clicky

Danny after 20 minutes... clicky

Danny after 1 hour... clicky

Hope you like it.
Sandoval Smith
I like the last one.
"Where did that jacket come from?"
"Magic!"
Fortune
Very nice job! Much obliged. smile.gif
Nodin
Hi all, i actually am good friends with kenshi and if you love his quick sketches, you should see some of the stuff that he puts sometime into the guys got sickening talent. He is a bit of a crackhead though nyahnyah.gif
hermit
Kenshi, do you have a homepage with your art displayed, by any chance?
Talia Invierno
A request, when it's possible, to sketch the extraction target of the Infiltration Challenge. I've linked to the first of two pages describing a lot of detail about her, and from there I'll add one quote here:
She was born in Tir Tairngire, and looks like everything glamorous and other-worldly that the rags have ever associated with that place - only there seems to be nothing elitist about her.

Besides what's written there, she's an elf female, 5'9" tall, weight nicely proportionate to height for a physically active female (she's surprisingly competent in unarmed combat), scintillating platinum hair (currently rather mussed) and "matching" eyes (they shimmer and change colour in an almost sparkly way), and a CH that goes off the charts (but still somehow both approachable and very date-able).

Currently in the Challenge, her clothes are ripped (she'd been wearing clothing appropriate to anchoring a newscast), there's a collar around her neck, and her wrists are badly burned.
UpSyndrome
Nice work SuperSpy. There's nothing like an artist showing how he does each stage of his work to drive home to me how I will never have such ability.

-Joe
Paul
Super Spy that was pretty damn great-you should submit a few pieces to Sr or some other game.
SuperSpy
Here is Juliana from the Infiltration Challenge thread. This took me about 40 minutes. I have to say I have a lot of respect for Kenshi's work. His stuff always looks so nice and polished and he does it in half the time I do.

I know there were a lot of people who posted descriptions before Talia did, but it looked like they were expecting sketches from Kenshi and I didn't want to step on any toes.

Thanks for the complements by the way.
Daegann
> In my case, I look for any draw of Jia. (in fact one things I would like is to create a gallery on my site with different draw of this character made by different artist to show difference. Anyway for the moment I have no one :'(

So if you and kenshi would like draw this character it will so good ^^ You two have a great style.
And if one of you want a gallery in my (french ^^;; ) website, I will proud to upload it. (of course your name and mail will be show in the site in this case).

Note that for the moment I have few gallery on my site draw by some friend : http://daegann.free.fr/fanart/fanart.php (there is 6 gallery, click on the list)
> Daegann
Critias
*rubs his hands together gleefully, waiting for Kenshi to post a certain something-something*
mintcar
Oh goodie. Let me jump in the game here. I made a sketch of Shadowrunner13´s elf chick character, naturally. Here´s Glasgow : sketch
torzzzzz
thats realy cool i like the effect of her swaggering down the road!

torz x wink.gif
mintcar
Drawing rpg characters is just about the only thing motivating me to pick up a pencile. I realised that when I went to art class in high school. (didn´t go to well)

I like your work, Kenshi and Superspy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012