Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Movie Quotes
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
torzzzzz
QUOTE (hahnsoo)
I think its inappropriate, and you really don't get into the head of the main characters as much as in the books.

I agree, I am a big reader and love books, you tend to create an image of the charters and i hate seeing it portrayed by someone as it is never the same. I got quite distressed at the LOR trilogy, they were all wrong!
On Hannsoo's point, thats so true! you don't get that first hand insight that you get when reading in the films. In books you know what they are thinking!!

torz x wink.gif
Crimson Jack
QUOTE (hahnsoo)
QUOTE (Crimson Jack @ Mar 5 2005, 02:21 PM)
Have you had the priviledge of seeing the 196 minute version?  Almost an hour of never-before-seen footage (compared to the 140 minute US Theatrical release version).

Is that the one with the really long version of the matte painting prologue that went through the history of mankind? I rather liked that.

Indeed. One and the same. Its a hard-to-find DVD. Where'd you go about getting yours?
torzzzzz
QUOTE (Crimson Jack)
QUOTE (hahnsoo @ Mar 5 2005, 11:59 AM)
QUOTE (Crimson Jack @ Mar 5 2005, 02:21 PM)
Have you had the priviledge of seeing the 196 minute version?  Almost an hour of never-before-seen footage (compared to the 140 minute US Theatrical release version).

Is that the one with the really long version of the matte painting prologue that went through the history of mankind? I rather liked that.

Indeed. One and the same. Its a hard-to-find DVD. Where'd you go about getting yours?

I have it, got it off Amazon the UK one, Special edition. A long watch but worth it if you have a day to burn!! Last time i looked for someone they still had it!

torz x
DrJest
Come on, THE WRAITH rocked.

Of course, that's "rocked" in the context of the small but select collection of films dubbed "so bad they're good". Films that go through bad and out the other side. Films so extreme in their cheesiness that you watch them more because they're cheesy than despite the cheesiness.

Come on, you know the ones I mean. The Beastmaster (but not the sequel; Beastmaster 2 was bad, but not bad enough). The Sword and the Sorceror. Hawk the Slayer (did they ever make the sequel?). The Ice Pirates.
The Grifter
How about,

'We need guns!........Big fucking guns'

(split second)

torz

Did I not mention this at the beginning of this thread? And it was "giant fucking guns".
Slait
There is nothing wrong with any of the Roddy Piper movies, they are cheesy yes, and they have plot holds that are rather large, and for some reason (wonder why) tend to have at some point a drawn out wrestlingesque fight in the middle, they are however amusing.
They Live, Jungleground

They are also great for quotes.
DrJest
QUOTE (The Grifter)
How about,

(split second)

torz

Did I not mention this at the beginning of this thread? And it was "giant fucking guns".

You and me both, although I do believe that Dick's comment was "We need bigger fucking guns!"

Oh dear me, an excuse to go watch Split Second again, what a shame...
torzzzzz
QUOTE (The Grifter)
How about,

(split second)

torz

ok your right !! nyahnyah.gif

torz x
Thomas
QUOTE (Slait)
There is nothing wrong with any of the Roddy Piper movies, they are cheesy yes, and they have plot holds that are rather large, and for some reason (wonder why) tend to have at some point a drawn out wrestlingesque fight in the middle, they are however amusing.
They Live, Jungleground

And who could forget - 'Hell Comes to Frogtown'

(Even though you might to!)
bclements
QUOTE (Thomas @ Mar 6 2005, 12:34 PM)
QUOTE (Slait)
They Live, Jungleground

And who could forget - 'Hell Comes to Frogtown'

(Even though you might to!)

They Lived is a good popcorn movie; never doubt the power of the back alley suplex.

On Topic: Man on Fire is a good movie for quotes. Bad Guy:"One Wish?" Creasy:"I Wish....You had...More time".
Crimson Jack
QUOTE (bclements @ Mar 6 2005, 11:09 AM)
On Topic: Man on Fire is a good movie for quotes. Bad Guy:"One Wish?" Creasy:"I Wish....You had...More time".

Indeed. The movie was chalk-full of 'em:

Creasy: Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.
-----
Rayburn: A man can be an artist... in anything, food, whatever. It depends on how good he is at it. Creasey's art is death. He's about to paint his masterpiece.
-----
Creasy: They say a bullet tells the truth. It never lies.
-----
Creasy: Okay, my friend. It's off to the next life for you. I guarantee you, you won't be lonely.
Arethusa
Yeah, but the line about forgiveness was stolen from Schwarzkopf. It was really hard to buy in the film. And Rayburn's line, well... mad props, as the kids say, to Walken for being one of the only men alive who can deliver that without making me snicker, but it's still not a good line.
Crimson Jack
Right, but this thread is about movie quotes. Not quotes from generals IRL.

And I like pretty much everything that comes out of Christopher Walken's mouth. The man has a talent for delivery. That line is somewhat cheesey though, I'll give you that. smile.gif
torzzzzz
QUOTE (Crimson Jack)
Right, but this thread is about movie quotes. Not quotes from generals IRL.

And I like pretty much everything that comes out of Christopher Walken's mouth. The man has a talent for delivery. That line is somewhat cheesey though, I'll give you that. smile.gif

The man is a god!

torz x wink.gif
Sammiel
I'm going to kill them all, Sir.
TimeKeeper
More stuff from Walken then....

After getting flipped off from a chick "If only I was five minutes younger my dear. Put her out of my misery."

Actually, his whole charcter from The Rundown made it worth seeing.

"When you get to Hell, tell them I sent you. You'll get a group discount."
-Caleb, Blood 2

I'm tapped out right now...
Crimson Jack
Here's a few more that I found, although weren't used in my game. They just sound appropriate:

Sergeant Mac Eliot: You're ghostin' us, motherfucker. I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that?

Predator
-----
Wei: Do not confuse luck with skill.

The Replacement Killers
-----
Sam: Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape.

Ronin
-----
Jason Bourne: I swear to God, if I even feel somebody behind me, there is no measure to how fast and how hard I will bring this fight to your doorstep. I'm on my own side now.

The Bourne Identity
-----
Warlock: You are a channeler of spirits?
Channeler: Yes...
Warlock: Then channel me a spirit.

Warlock
-----
Max: I think you should tell that guy behind me to put his gun down, before I take it and beat his bitch ass with it.

Collateral
-----
Jesus Quintana: Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes "click."
The Dude: Jesus.
Jesus Quintana: You said it man. Nobody fucks with the Jesus.

The Big Lebowski biggrin.gif
Dog
"My mommy always told me there were no monsters. No real ones, but there are. Why do they tell little kids that?"

Came up in RAS. I WAS prepared to give extra karma to whoever came up with the response.
Crimson Jack
Alien Resurrection
Dog
Close, damn close. Number II, not IV. Well, maybe one point.
Crimson Jack
You're right. Pretty close.
Dog
touche, time to update my dvd collection. still looking for the response though. IIRC there was no response in IV. (?)
hahnsoo
The joys of the internet:
Newt: My mommy always said there were no monsters - no real ones - but there are.
Ripley: Yes there are, aren't there?
Newt: Why do they tell little kids that?
Ripley: Most of the time its true...
Dog
Bonus karma to hahnsoo!
Kanada Ten
"Today I'm going to buy The New York Times, since you obviously don't have it delivered. Then I'm going to sit at that little corner shop and have a green tea and a muffin. And then I'm going to look for a sweater set. This afternoon, if I'm so obligated, I'm going to collect someone's soul before they die. And if I look really pretty while I'm doing it well, then good for me; that's what I do Georgia."
- Daisy Adair "Dead Like Me"
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (Arethusa @ Mar 6 2005, 12:41 PM)
Yeah, but the line about forgiveness was stolen from Schwarzkopf.
QUOTE (Crimson Jack)
Max: I think you should tell that guy behind me to put his gun down, before I take it and beat his bitch ass with it.

Collateral

"I think you should tell that guy behind me to put his gun down, before I take it and beat his bitch ass to death with it."

Yes, I am that obsessive.
Arethusa
Interesting. Though I'm pretty sure I'd heard it attributed to him prior to 9/11. That's really an impressive myth.
Crimson Jack
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0)
QUOTE (Crimson Jack)

Collateral

"I think you should tell that guy behind me to put his gun down, before I take it and beat his bitch ass to death with it."

Yes, I am that obsessive.

Huh, you're right. I pulled that quote off of imdb.com. Looks like the internet isn't always right. I should've noticed that. I'm equally as anal about movies as it appears you are. Good catch though. biggrin.gif
Arethusa
IMDB quotes are actually wrong more than they're right. They're all user submitted, and most IMDB users are pretty stupid.
Crimson Jack
Aye. I know this. I just didn't feel like watching all of my movies again to get the quotes spot on. As it was, I spent more time on that post than I normally do.

What makes you think imdb users are pretty stupid? You're beginning to sound like Dog.
Arethusa
And you've clearly never read the IMDB messageboards.
Crimson Jack
Sure, I've read them. Like DSF, they have a wide berth of users, ranging in levels of intelligence. I don't find the need to consider everyone "stupid" by making blanket statements. IMDB is used by quite a few people in the biz for informational purposes. The people on the forums do not make their entire base of users. ohplease.gif
Arethusa
Easy there. You're taking this way too seriously.
Sandoval Smith
Let's not say that IMDB posters are stupid, but just from casual reading of the boards (I do spend a lot of time surfing the sight, just checking out whatever grabs my attention) that the average caliber of post qulity is rather... low.
DocMortand
is there a more accurate site for movie quotes other than IMDB?
Sammiel
You know what we need? Some rope.

Jesus. He brought a six-shooter.

Is it dead?

bonus points if you can name the scenes too. smile.gif
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (DocMortand)
is there a more accurate site for movie quotes other than IMDB?
Collecting quotes first-hand.
Arethusa
QUOTE (Sammiel)
bonus points if you can name the scenes too. smile.gif

I'll go one better and correct the quotations.

QUOTE (Sammiel)
You know what we need?  Some rope.

"You know what we need, man, is some rope."
IRA gundealer scene.

QUOTE (Sammiel)
Jesus. He brought a six-shooter.

"Jesus. It's a fucking six shooter."
After the Russian house cleaning.

QUOTE (Sammiel)
Is it dead?

Infamous cat scene.
JaronK
QUOTE (shadow_scholar)
For those of you who don't know, this series was Firefly, Joss Whedon's short lived space western. Great show, but too bad it got axed so soon, but they have a movie version called "Serenity" coming out in September, I think?

Loved that show, darn it. Thank goodness they'll do the movie.

JaronK
Sammiel
man, I think i did pretty good for memory, i havent seen the movie in about a year. If I'm misquoting it that badly, i think its time to rent it again!!!
Weredigo
QUOTE (The Grifter)
How about,

(split second)

torz

You and me both, although I do believe that Dick's comment was "We need bigger fucking guns!"

Oh dear me, an excuse to go watch Split Second again, what a shame...

I second. but my favorite from that movie...

"What the hell did you do to my Kitchen?"
"I was shooting at a rat."
"This one???" (Holds up Half a Rat)
"COOL... I'm bleeding..." <THUD>
Drain Brain
Ditto... time to go watch Split Second again... even if only to see Kim Catteral in the bath... nyahnyah.gif

You know, I based my entire college "image" on Harley stone... the gloves (though I didn't have the watch in the left one) the glasses and the coat... those were the days.

Never managed to find a convenient blowtorch to light my ciggies though... but he and I do take our coffee the same way...
Arethusa
QUOTE (Sammiel)
man, I think i did pretty good for memory, i havent seen the movie in about a year. If I'm misquoting it that badly, i think its time to rent it again!!!

I watched it almost once a day for over a month, way back when it was still a new, undeground indie film no one knew about. But still a valiant attempt, padawan.
torzzzzz
QUOTE (Drain Brain)
Ditto... time to go watch Split Second again... even if only to see Kim Catteral in the bath... nyahnyah.gif

You know, I based my entire college "image" on Harley stone... the gloves (though I didn't have the watch in the left one) the glasses and the coat... those were the days.

Never managed to find a convenient blowtorch to light my ciggies though... but he and I do take our coffee the same way...

LOL too right!! grinbig.gif

torz xx
DrJest
Captain: Are you telling me there's something running around loose in the city, ripping out people's hearts and eating them so he can take their souls back to hell?

Dick Durkin: Looks that way.

Stone: Hallelujah.
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (The Grifter)
How about,

(split second)

torz

And people bitch about me enjoying Bad Boys...
DrJest
Wait till we get onto The Last Boy Scout...
Critias
QUOTE (Sammiel)

Rent it? Heathen. You can score a copy off e-bay for, like, $6. Easily. Take the plunge. Show your faith.
DrJest
Wait a minute, I'm lost now - score which movie?
Critias
Boondock Saints.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012