"I have a bad feeling about this."
Crimson Jack
QUOTE (kevyn668)
"Quick impression for ya: caw, caw. Bang! Fuck, I'm dead!"

"It can't rain all the time."

"I have a bad feeling about this."

One of these you can't say in Seattle. wink.gif
Fresno Bob
You get three guesses, and the first two don't count.
Arethusa
QUOTE (kevyn668 @ Mar 9 2005, 11:31 PM)
And another: "You got a tooth brush? 'Cause we're coming to fucking England!" (Cousin Avy)

No. It's "You got a tooth brush? We're goin' to London. Do you hear that, Doug? I'm comin' to London!"

And his name is Avi.

QUOTE (Smiley)
I apologize, but my OCD...

Hey, you want OCD? It's "...you've got your parties muddled up."
Smiley
Ooooo... Top Dollar is one of the best villains ever.
"Well, fellas, I think we ought to have in introspective moment of silence for poor ol' Tin-tin."
(snifffffff)

[EDIT]:
Hey, you want OCD? It's "...you've got your parties muddled up."

Touche. That's what I get for copying and pasting.
Mortax
Yep, the Crow is more or less my fav movie.

Here is another:

And sudenly there was a rapping, like someone rapping, gently rapping at my chambor door. Did you here me rapping?

Eric: (after taking a drag from a ciggeret) You shouldn't smoke these. They'll kill you.

Another great quote, not quite applicable, but I'love it.

Mother is the word for God on the lips of all the children of the world.
Morphine is bad for you.
Mortax
From Constentine:

Constantine: Listen up. this is Constentine, John Constentien asshole

Constantine: They call it balance, I call it hypocritical bullshit.

The angel Gabrial: You're going to die young, because you smoked 30 ciggerets a day since you were 15. You're going to hell because of the life you took. Basically, you're f***ed
lorthazar
"Don't look at him. He's a criminal. He once lit a state trooper on fire. he just spent a year in San Quentin."

"Well, at least he's horny"

"How was that?'

"Not bad."

"Not bad for a girl."

"Hey, that was pretty good for Rambo."

"Okay, Okay, ...I'm gonna just freak right out."

"Why would I have a way out. I followed you in here."

"Kill the bad guy. Rescue the girl. Save the world."

"Oh the old wipe out the world ploy."

"This was my first bus ride."

"becuase you have opposable thumbs. Becuase you are small and insignificant. And becuase I will pummel you if you don't."

"Shooting makes me feel better."

"Oh good, we'll just cut it out."
Sandoval Smith
QUOTE (Voorhees @ Mar 9 2005, 11:52 PM)
And "Only one man could kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me."

My favorite line is, when he's cutting through the russian army, with mortars falling everywhere: (spoken with a bad russian accent)
"Why aren't you shooting him?"
"We haven't had any bullets since 1953."

"Snatch" is also a brillant source of quotes (I've actually had it on pretty much continuous loop for the past two days for background noise). It's a good day whenever I can work in the line, "Is fer me ma."
torzzzzz
QUOTE (Mortax)
Yep, the Crow is more or less my fav movie.

Here is another:

And sudenly there was a rapping, like someone rapping, gently rapping at my chambor door. Did you here me rapping?

Eric: (after taking a drag from a ciggeret) You shouldn't smoke these. They'll kill you.

Another great quote, not quite applicable, but I'love it.

Morphine is bad for you.

Yeah the first one was great! relay dark film..... especially the gun battles, however the 'other' film was crap!

torz x grinbig.gif
BitBasher
You mean filmS? There were either two or three sequals to it.
Smiley
The other films are barely classifiable as such.
torzzzzz
yep! wink.gif
BitBasher
No argument here! biggrin.gif
DocMortand
Actually this got used in a previous game where I was a player:

"You're bleedin, man!"
"I ain't got time to bleed."
THOOM THOOM
"You got time to duck?"

Gotta love it.
Drain Brain
QUOTE (Mortax)
Morphine is bad for you.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it:

Mother is the word for God on the lips and hearts of all children... or something like that?
Garland
From a different movie with a dead cat:

"Is that cat dead?"

"I don't know, it's been there for days."
TheQuestionMan
QUOTE (Drain Brain)
QUOTE (Mortax @ Mar 10 2005, 06:28 AM)
Morphine is bad for you.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it:

Mother is the word for God on the lips and hearts of all children... or something like that?

"'Mother' is the name of God on the lips and hearts of all children."
-Eric Draven, The Crow
DrJest
I bloody love that movie. Joint fave of all time (with the original Highlander).

Now go read the graphic novel. Even better, God help us.
Crimson Jack
Graphic novel is really cool. J.O'barr is a passionate artist. Maybe not the best, technically, but great on creating mood. The written part is much better than the movie easily.
Smiley
The book was bad-ass, the only thing I didn't like the 80's hair on The Crow. He was a scary mofo, but you can only get so afraid of someone who looks like he's going to start playing 'Pour some sugar on me' at any moment. Brandon Lee played it really well, though.
torzzzzz
shame brandon died and all that, would have been good in the others they might have worked!

the soundtrack for the film was good!

torz x
Smiley
Even if he'd survived, they still should have stopped at one.
Arethusa
Let's not forget The Crow: Stairway to Heaven.
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Smiley)
but you can only get so afraid of someone who looks like he's going to start playing 'Pour some sugar on me' at any moment.

I dunno, Rick Allen is pretty scary, what with the one-armed drumming.
Nikoli
Had to use a classic the other day...

"I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought."
Sammiel
the third one was a huge step up from the second one, even if it was nowhere near the calibre of the first one.

but thats not necessarily saying much, its like saying the third blade movie was better than the second one.
Bandwidthoracle
"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood" - Said by fairly brutal tiger shapchanger
(From dodgeball)
TheQuestionMan
QUOTE (Nikoli)
Had to use a classic the other day...

"I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought."

Egon, Ghostbusters. nyahnyah.gif
DrJest
To all the Crowphiles - something worth reading is a (12-issue?) limited comics run by Todd Macfarlane exploring a different concept - what if Eric is wrong? What if killing his murderers solves nothing?

Although I am personally more behind the motivations of the original, it was a fascinating view of the Crow mythos and well worth the investment of your time.

Ok, justifying this post with a movie quote. Something for the samurai in your life:

Calvin: I didn't know there were any subjects who were so much of a rebuild
Spooner: Yeah, kind of redefines the donor card. Don't just say what you can take out, says what you can put back in.
- I, Robot. Bugger all to do with the original stories, but a rationale for getting round the 3 laws Asimov would have appreciated (he once said he invented the 3 laws and then spent the next 30 years thinking of ways round them cyber.gif )
TheQuestionMan
QUOTE (Sammiel)
the third one was a huge step up from the second one, even if it was nowhere near the calibre of the first one.

but thats not necessarily saying much, its like saying the third blade movie was better than the second one.

Like the Highlander Movie there was only one Blade Movie, those slanderous, pirated sequels do not exist except in people twisted minds. frown.gif

*The Denile Club* sarcastic.gif

QM
mintcar
I think a lot of runners could use: "Is that gasoline I smell?" from the Crow.

After one of my player witnessed the might of +1 reach for the first time and marveled at the sight, another player noted that one of my favorite movie quotes does not apply to Shadowrun:

Bad guy —My stick is longer than yours! Jet Lee —Mine is short, but mighty.

From Fong Sai Juk

biggrin.gif
Crimson Jack
QUOTE (Smiley)
The book was bad-ass, the only thing I didn't like the 80's hair on The Crow. He was a scary mofo, but you can only get so afraid of someone who looks like he's going to start playing 'Pour some sugar on me' at any moment.

Man, that's cracking me up. rotfl.gif

I wasn't very fond of his shoes either. They always looked like there weren't feet attached in the traditional "I have ankles" sort of way.
Crimson Jack
Mention of the word "samurai" made me think of Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai.

Ghost Dog: You know, in ancient cultures, bears were considered equal with men.
Hunter: This ain't no ancient culture here, mister.
Ghost Dog: Sometimes it is.

(for a Bear Shaman encounter?)
-----
Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai is found in death. Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily. Every day when one's body and mind are at peace, one should meditate upon being ripped apart by arrows, rifles, spears and swords, being carried away by surging waves, being thrown into the midst of a great fire, being struck by lightning, being shaken to death by a great earthquake, falling from thousand-foot cliffs, dying of disease or committing seppuku at the death of one's master. And every day without fail one should consider himself as dead.
-----
Ghost Dog: It is bad when one thing becomes two. One should not look for anything else in the Way of the Samurai. It is the same for anything that is called a Way. If one understands things in this manner, he should be able to hear about all ways and be more and more in accord with his own.
-----
Ghost Dog: Even if one's head were to be suddenly cut off, he should be able to do one more action with certainty. With martial valor, if one becomes like a revengeful ghost and shows great determination, though his head is cut off, he should not die.
-----
Ghost Dog: In the words of the ancients, one should make his decision within the space of seven breaths. It is a matter of being determined and having the spirit to break through to the other side.
-----
Ghost Dog: According to what one of the elders said, taking an enemy on the battlefield is like a hawk taking a bird. Even though it enters into the midst of a thousand of them, it gives no attention to any bird than the one it first marked.
-----
[after Vinny shoots a policewoman]
Louie: Jesus, Vinny. You just iced a woman, you know that?
Vinny: You know what you are, Louie? You're a fuckin' male chauvinist pig.
Louie: What do you mean, I'm a male chauvinist pig? You just shot a broad.
Vinny: A cop. I just shot a cop. They wanna be equal? I made her equal.
-----

Disclaimer: Quotes copy & pasted from imdb.com.
Arethusa
Aside from the two of those that involve dialogue, they're just sections of the Hagakure.
Crimson Jack
...and coincidentally still in the movie.
Weredigo
"I didn't join this war to shoot elephants, especially not ones that fly."
Arethusa
QUOTE (Crimson Jack)

Point being that it's silly to quotea movie quoting a book repeatedly.

Especially a very bad movie.
Bigity
QUOTE (Fortune)
My favorite Dafoe film is definitely Streets of Fire.

Hell yes.
Bigity
Used a variation of this involving the Mojave.

Well, there are reasons for everything we do, Major.

And do they include leaving your guests to bake in the middle of the desert, greeted by a cowboy, and be attacked by wild creatures?

Well, if it's a comfortable tour you're looking for, I have connections... at DisneyLand!
Crimson Jack
QUOTE (Arethusa)
QUOTE (Crimson Jack @ Mar 11 2005, 02:44 AM)

Point being that it's silly to quotea movie quoting a book repeatedly.

Especially a very bad movie.

Silly? Okay... ohplease.gif
Weredigo
"Anyone know how to drive a Bergen?"

"I dated a fat woman once, but she never listened to me."

operation dumbo drop
kevyn668
"Get some beer...and some, uh, cleaning...products."
kevyn668
"Jesus. What did you use? A .38?"

"Yeah. 38, 39 whatever it took."
Foreigner
QUOTE (Bigity)
Used a variation of this involving the Mojave.

Well, there are reasons for everything we do, Major.

And do they include leaving your guests to bake in the middle of the desert, greeted by a cowboy, and be attacked by wild creatures?

Well, if it's a comfortable tour you're looking for, I have connections... at DisneyLand!

Bigity:

Wasn't that from the Barry Bostwick/Persis Khambatta film Megaforce (1982)?

At least that's what The Internet Movie Database says.

nyahnyah.gif

--Foreigner
Sammiel
Here's one that seems to pop up in every game I'm ever in, despite my wishes to the contrary.

Whoah.
Mr.Platinum
Well this quote is used alot in my games!

"DIE YOU FRAGGER"

and also read my signature.
Weredigo
Second Hand Lions.

"Yer lucky that Lion got to you befor we did"

"What do you expect us to die of? Old Age?"

------

"I see they spent my grandfather's gold wisely" while admiring a Yacht in a duckpond.
"Well there was this one travelling salesman." relative trying to explain.

mattness pl
QUOTE (Crimson Jack)
"We're gonna need a bigger boat!" (Close enough to the quote from Jaws)

"We need bigger guns" - "Split second" biggrin.gif
FlakJacket
QUOTE ("Sergeant Harry Wells")
If we do happen to make contact, I expect nothing less than gratuitous violence from the lot of ya. Just because we're firing blanks doesn't mean we have to be thinking nice thoughts. So you remember, you keep the fire down, right, you get stuck in and you kick their fucking teeth out, or I guarantee you, Joe, they will be eating your bollocks for breakfast, sunshine.

We are now up against live, hostile targets. So, if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012