Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Movie Quotes
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
The Grifter
Also-

"I'm a surgeon with a shotgun." Guess the movie....
Weredigo
Kill Bill Vol 2
Chance359
Training Day
Smiley
"Let's hear one of those jokes NOW, bitch."

"Who done to' off and whooped your ass now?"

"I don't wanna get brains all over me! It gets in your clothes and it stanks!" (intentionally misspelled)

"Why do I always have to get the big Popeye Chicken eatin' motherfucker?"

"I bet when you woke up this morning you didn't think that about 5 o'clock you'd have a hole in your leg."

"HEY! I know what I said cuz I was there when I said it! ... Do you want me to yell at you? Cuz I can do that."

Bad Boys
Arethusa
Neither.

Kill Bill vol. 2 was "Between you and me, I'm a fucking surgeon with this thing."

Training Day was "I'm a surgeon with this bitch."

Far as I know, there is no movie with the original quoted line.

And fucking shame on you for even watching Bad Boys, let alone quoting it.
Crimsondude 2.0
No, actually the quote in Training Day was "You know I'm surgical with this bitch? How you want it, dawg? Closed casket? Remember that fool in the wheelchair? How'd you think he got there?"

QUOTE (Arethusa)

How dare you, sir! I actually got to quote it OOC last week when my ork PC was paired up with a bigger human in a sparring match.

"Why I always gotta get the thick motherfuckers?"

Martin Lawrence is great in that movie whenever he's not screaming like a little girl (which is a great deal more annoying in the sequel). But moreover, how badass is a sequel where at the end of the movie they invade Cuba? Let me repeat that for my own amusement. They invade motherfucking Cuba!
The Grifter
Ah, I stand corrected. But, the movie I was referring to was Kill Bill Vol. 2.
Drain Brain
QUOTE (Arethusa)
Neither.

Kill Bill vol. 2 was "Between you and me, I'm a fucking surgeon with this thing."

Training Day was "I'm a surgeon with this bitch."

Far as I know, there is no movie with the original quoted line.

Arethusa, you are a Dumpshock veteran, a legend in your own right and an insightful human being...

But I have to agree with that reddish dude over there in the corner.
-----
"WOULD YOU STAY FOCUSSED?"

"I am focussed..."

"Yeah, on all this scattered ass..."
-----
The above, for example, is spoken in ANY club scene my adept walks into... he would be the focussed one, by the way.

Also, the ULTIMATE bad guy quote (which must be spoken in a French accent) is: "Illiotte... yooah fucking vith ma timetaybel!" (Idiot, you are fucking with my timetable)... nyahnyah.gif
Arethusa
QUOTE (Drain Brain)
But I have to agree with that reddish dude over there in the corner.

I'm afraid I have to as well. But I think my shame at forgetting is balanced with his for seeing Bad Boys. In my defense, the movie was kind of disappointing, by that point.
Crimson Jack
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0)
But moreover, how badass is a sequel where at the end of the movie they invade Cuba? Let me repeat that for my own amusement. They invade motherfucking Cuba!

That's not good rationale. I'm sorry. Just because something stupidly crazy and wild happens in a film, does not make said film badass. The first one had some funny moments, the second a few less, but neither is what I would consider bad in any way other than in the strictest definition of the word.
Smiley
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0 @ Mar 3 2005, 05:32 PM)
No, actually the quote in Training Day was "You know I'm surgical with this bitch? How you want it, dawg? Closed casket? Remember that fool in the wheelchair? How'd you think he got there?"

QUOTE (Arethusa)

How dare you, sir! I actually got to quote it OOC last week when my ork PC was paired up with a bigger human in a sparring match.

Martin Lawrence is great in that movie whenever he's not screaming like a little girl (which is a great deal more annoying in the sequel). But moreover, how badass is a sequel where at the end of the movie they invade Cuba? Let me repeat that for my own amusement. They invade motherfucking Cuba!

For the first time, sir, I find that we're in total agreement. Bad Boys was so awesome, I think I'll watch it now. Every other line is funny or badass. My friends an myself have found that there is a Bad Boys quote to go with virtually every situation. In fact, I forgot to add one of our favorites in my previous post:

"Now back up, put the gun on the counter, and get me a pack of Jungle Fruit Bubblicious."
"And some Skittles."
Crimsondude 2.0
I just saw this in a commercial, but I felt like posting it because it's technically possible in SR, and to piss off mfb:
So the elf team laid down a field of suppresive fire against the gnomes.

From the soon-to-be Vin Diesel classic, The Pacifier.

QUOTE (The Grifter)
Ah, I stand corrected.  But, the movie I was referring to was Kill Bill Vol. 2.

Duly noted.
Pthgar
"I'll take one of those, one of those, and gimme one of those. Oh yeah, that one over there. Can we return these?"
-Kuffs- Christian Slater in a gun shop buying a drek-load of guns.
As quoted by Ender the Monster Slayer before having a showdown with a hoard of shedim.
Cynic project
"Why don't eat your cake and have it too?"

"Don't you mean have your cake and eat it too?"

"No, you bloody dolt. Anyone can have a cake and eat it. That is the whole bloody point of cake.You eat it. Now it takes a fucking talented man to eat a cake and still have it, now doesn't it?"
tisoz
If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.
—Jules Winnfield

'Smite me, O mighty Smiter!' Now, I'm not one for blasphemy, but that last one made me laugh.
—God

We're on a mission from God.
—Elwood Blues
TheOneRonin
The Lone Star Physad walks into the living room of a mafia safehouse. A goon with a knife walks up to him.

Mafia Soldier: "Maybe we should cut out his tongue - send a message to the cops."

PhysAd: "Maybe."

PhysAd hauls back and hits the goon in the throat, dropping him to the ground.

PhysAd: "Or perhaps you could lie on the floor and gag for a while. "

5 Karma for anyone who knows where this came from...
Arethusa
Angel.

Which I'll never watch, along with Buffy, but Google's great for that.
TheOneRonin
QUOTE (Arethusa)
Angel.

Which I'll never watch, along with Buffy, but Google's great for that.

I felt the same way. But then I started watching it for the wifey, and realized it's not half bad. If nothing else, it's worth watching for the dialogue at times.
Foreigner
(Crimsondude 2.0)

Crimsondude 2.0:

An Ork PC fighting a BIGGER Human?

Not that I'm doubting you, but that makes for an interesting mental image.

Would you care to elaborate? smile.gif

(I shouldn't complain, though, because my PC is 6' 6" tall and 220 lbs., which is about the size of a small Ork; that is, if you take the TSS article How much did you say he weighed?, by Patrick Goodman, as canonical.)

--Foreigner
DrJest
Hunting a toxic shaman and running into his toxic spirit instead got a Harley Stone/Dick Durkin moment:

"Did you see him?"
"That was not a HIM! That was a fucking IT! We need BIGGER FUCKING GUNS!"

Enemy mage casting gets disrupted terminally by a bullet in the head:

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?"
Sandoval Smith
"Shut him up before I fuckstart his head."

"The Way of the Gun" can be a great source of gaming quotes.
Shockwave_IIc
QUOTE (Drain Brain)
Also, the ULTIMATE bad guy quote (which must be spoken in a French accent) is: "Illiotte... yooah fucking vith ma timetaybel!" (Idiot, you are fucking with my timetable)... nyahnyah.gif

I Always thought it was.

Elliot, your fucking with my timetable.

Since thats the name of the four-eyed, genius motherfucker that lives with his rich mummy and daddy over on coconut grove.

I might be wrong though.
Drain Brain
Hmm... I dunno.

Just a difference in hearing preference? Sounded like Idiot to me, but who knows? I can't even justify the difference based on native dialect since vocally (and therefore aurally) we should be pretty close.

Weird...
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (Foreigner @ Mar 4 2005, 10:23 AM)
(Crimsondude 2.0)

Crimsondude 2.0:

(I shouldn't complain, though, because my PC is 6' 6" tall and 220 lbs., which is about the size of a small Ork; that is, if you take the TSS article How much did you say he weighed?, by Patrick Goodman, as canonical.)

--Foreigner

My ork is 6'7" and a couple hundred pounds. The human was 6'8" and even beefier.

It's actually not surprising. One of the users on SL has a habit of creating human PCs who are 6'6"-6'8" and it's kind of annoying, but they're his PCs.
Dawnshadow
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0)
QUOTE (Foreigner @ Mar 4 2005, 10:23 AM)
(Crimsondude 2.0)

Crimsondude 2.0:

--Foreigner

My ork is 6'7" and a couple hundred pounds. The human was 6'8" and even beefier.

It's actually not surprising. One of the users on SL has a habit of creating human PCs who are 6'6"-6'8" and it's kind of annoying, but they're his PCs.

My human Sam is 5'8.... and 125 kg/275 lbs.

And it's all either muscle or metal.

Yes, he when carrying nothing counts as having 35 kg of encumbrance
Weredigo
it'd be nice if people cited their sources

My first one was from Once upon a time in Mexico
Sharaloth
Runner on getting an offer he can't refuse to take a permanent position with a megacorp:

"I've spent my whole life stickin' it to the Man... Guys, I don't think I can be the Man!"

-from Stargate SG-1
Foreigner
Dawnshadow:

Sounds like a fellow my brother once knew.

He worked for a trucking company, moving inventory.

He was only about 5' 6" tall, but he weighed between 200 and 220 lbs.

His fellow employees called him "The Human Hydraulic Jack."

(My brother described him as follows: "He was built like a fire hydrant--short, squat, and muscular." smile.gif )

Sharaloth: Sounds like a quote from the old Pogo comic strip, by the late Walt Kelly.

"We have met the enemy, and he is us!"

(A humorous mangling of a quote from the War of 1812. After winning the battle of Lake Erie (September 10, 1813), Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry sent the following message to the commander of the U.S. land forces: "We have met the enemy, and they are ours!" (often misquoted as "We have met the enemy, and he is ours!") )

--Foreigner
Weredigo
From "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly"

Runner, to a Johnson he'd been arguing with: "If you're going to shoot, shoot, don't talk."

You know yer an experienced shadowrunner when you catch yerself saying this

"I'm getting too old for this sh!t."
shadow_scholar
setting: A thief (Franky Four Fingers) is looking to sell some diamonds to a fence (Doug the Head)

Franky Four Fingers: I have stones to sell, fat to chew, and many different men to see about many different ducks, so if I am not rushing you...

Doug the Head: Slow down, Franky, my son. When in Rome...

Franky Four Fingers: I am not in Rome, Doug. I am in a rush.

=================
and if that bit of dialog wasn't good enough, here is the continuation of that scene:
=================

Franky Four Fingers: ...I am in a rush. And I got to make the bookies.

Doug the Head: Bookies? What are you betting on?

Franky: Bomber Harris.

Doug: Oh, the unlicensed boxer, eh? Do you know something I don't?

Franky: Bubbie, I probably know a lot you don't.

================
somebody's gotta know what that's from
Smiley
You could have made it less obvious.

Snatch.
Sandoval Smith
You gave us the names of the characters. Anyone who's seen the movie once will probably will remember those lines (and I tend to use it as background noise anyway).
The Grifter
"how many guys are up there?"

"Five."

"Counting our guy?"

"I don't know."

"They oughta give us shotguns for this shit."
torzzzzz
How about,

'We need guns!........Big fucking guns'

(split second)

torz
Shockwave_IIc
Classic Film.

Smiley
One from the middle of character gen, while deciding on a martial art:

I know Kung-Fu...!
DocMortand
Heh - my players got to utter several Matrix lines recently.

About to go into a Roach hive, they were checking their weapons and one asked "So, what else do we need?"

Response: "Guns. Lots of Guns."
Foreigner
QUOTE (Pthgar)
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I am all out of bubblegum."

Pthgar:

Unless I'm mistaken, isn't that from THEY LIVE ?

(Also known as John Carpenter's THEY LIVE.)

That is, that ridiculous sci-fi film from 1988 starring former "professional wrestler" Roddy Piper?

(IMHO, one of the four worst films that I have ever paid to see. [Unfortunately, I let the advertising lead me to believe that it was worth the money. BIG mistake frown.gif ] If you're curious, the others were THE WRAITH (1986), DUNE (the 1984 theatrical release, not the 2000 Sci-Fi Channel miniseries), and THE HIDDEN (1988).)

Personally, I'm looking forward to using some of the following lines from BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID (1969)--

(Butch and Sundance alternately) "Who ARE those guys?"

(Sundance) "Think you used enough dynamite there, Butch?"

(Although, in the latter case, I guess you'd have to substitute "C-12" for "dynamite". smile.gif )

(They're running low on ammunition during a fight.)
(Butch) "We're gonna run out unless we can get to that mule and get some more."
(Sundance) "I'll go."
(Butch) "This is no time for bravery. I'll let ya!"

(Sundance) "Is that what you call 'running' ?"
(Butch) "Is that what you call 'giving cover' ?"

(Butch) "Wait a minute. You didn't see Lefors out there, did you?"
(Sundance) "Lefors? No...."
(Butch) "Thank God for that. For a moment there, I thought we were in trouble...."

--Foreigner
Chance359
The Wraith atleast had a cool car.
Arethusa
Dune was pretty dumb. Shame, too, because it had a lot of good stuff going for it that never really worked (hell of a cast, etc). The miniseries was more coherent, but still pretty bad. And all of that wouldn't bother me, except Children of Dune turned out to be one of the best scifi productions ever made, and horribly, criminally underrated thanks to the movie and miniseries that preceded it.
tisoz
Foreigner, you got the movie quote right. I googled it because I've heard the phrase many times. The movie review from the google result sounded pretty good until I remembered seeing the movie.

Notice two of your other worsts had the same star. I kind of enjoyed, the Hidden.

I've Got the Hook Up is my all time worst. The only movie I actually thought about walking out of, repeatedly. I stayed to see how bad it could get and because the seats were comfortable and the theater was air conditioned.
Weredigo
Your first mistake, you took the job. Your second mistake, Four man crew for me? Fraggin' insultin'. But the worst one yet, empty gunrack. Now I'm gonna ask you a Question and you better get it right. . . who's tank is this?
TimeKeeper
I SHOULDA TAKEN THE MONEY!!!!

This and the above from Chronicles of Riddick

=================================

<Demo Kid>: Looks like we're going to have to blow that barricade. And I'm not just saying that because I like to blow things up.

<Street Sam>: Yes you are.
=================================

<Demo Kid, setting charge>: Let's see was it red-red-green, or red-green-red...?

<Street Sam>: And he's suppose to be our demolitions expert?

The above aren't from any movie, but a movie tie-in. It's from Republic Commando. Scorch <Demo Kid> and Sev <Street Sam> have quite a few good lines in it.
Crimson Jack
QUOTE (Arethusa)
Dune was pretty dumb. Shame, too, because it had a lot of good stuff going for it that never really worked (hell of a cast, etc). The miniseries was more coherent, but still pretty bad. And all of that wouldn't bother me, except Children of Dune turned out to be one of the best scifi productions ever made, and horribly, criminally underrated thanks to the movie and miniseries that preceded it.

As much as I like Dune, I have to agree. I hate to say it, but the book was better. Conversely, the latter books were mush compared to the first and the mini-series CoD was much cooler than the book.

Have you had the priviledge of seeing the 196 minute version? Almost an hour of never-before-seen footage (compared to the 140 minute US Theatrical release version).
Arethusa
Of the Lynch film? I've only seen the theatrical release, far as I know. Is it worth looking for?

Also, glad you agree about Children of Dune. It's really unfortunate how few people saw and appreciated it.
Crimson Jack
Yeah, definitely worth looking for. I got my copy on Ebay. Basically, it's the Japanese LD version on DVD with the inclusion of the additional 6 minutes cut from even it. Its called Dune: Professional Edition. ohplease.gif

Despite the stupid DVD name, it has quite a bit of really cool Dune material in it, including a pretty long storybook (consisting of still paintings and drawings) style narrative of the prehistory of the 3 planets and how the world came to be. Narrated by Frank Herbert. Needless to say, it's a 2-Disc set.
Arethusa
That does sound interesting. I'll poke around for it.
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Crimson Jack)
Have you had the priviledge of seeing the 196 minute version? Almost an hour of never-before-seen footage (compared to the 140 minute US Theatrical release version).

Is that the one with the really long version of the matte painting prologue that went through the history of mankind? I rather liked that.
torzzzzz
QUOTE (Arethusa)
Of the Lynch film? I've only seen the theatrical release, far as I know. Is it worth looking for?

Also, glad you agree about Children of Dune. It's really unfortunate how few people saw and appreciated it.

I have it, and I must admit it is better than Dune, but I read the book so the film ruined it for me!

torz x
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Arethusa @ Mar 5 2005, 02:29 PM)
Of the Lynch film?  I've only seen the theatrical release, far as I know.  Is it worth looking for?

Also, glad you agree about Children of Dune.  It's really unfortunate how few people saw and appreciated it.

It replays on various Sci-Fi networks every year. I know I enjoy watching it, although it gets a little flashy at times when I think its inappropriate, and you really don't get into the head of the main characters as much as in the books.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012