Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: to all anti SR4, please leave us alone
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Cain
QUOTE (Cynic project @ Jun 7 2005, 08:24 PM)
QUOTE (frostPDP @ Jun 7 2005, 09:21 PM)
...So does that mean Shadowrun needs a new name?  Perhaps but not limited to any Shadow:  The Running WW style name?

But that premise is so flawed it is not funny.

Pick up any of the three Story teller games in the Aeor/trinity Universe. They do not play or feel like each other in anyway. I would point out that this was the system that nWoD was based on, and the nWoD doesn't feel like any of those games. I mean, people come on, did the shadowrun feel like the old WOD? IF it didn't well, then their is no reason for the new shadowrun to be anymor elike the nWoD.

I own Adventure!, and I'm having trouble persuading my gaming group to try it, because they hate WoD. There's a shared feel to the games, just due to a shared mechanic.

As far as Shadowrun and oWoD goes, there's an entire thread on that. Suffice to say, some of the original WoD devs were involved in Shadowrun, and it shows. We've already got people who say: "Why play Shadowrun, when we can plsy Cyberpunk?" If they start saying: "Why play Shadowrun, when we can play Vampire?", Fanpro will rapidly go out of business, and our favorite game will die off.
Cynic project
So, irrational fears of a game system should not only not be laughed at they should be encouraged?

Adventure feels so diffrent that OWoD it ain't funny, and your gaming is just being silly.
mfb
odd. "irrational" is a term i often use for people who think mechanics don't impact setting.
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (mfb)
odd. "irrational" is a term i often use for people who think mechanics don't impact setting.

printable term.
mfb
i stand by my statement: it's a term. you're correct, though, it happens to be printable.
Cynic project
QUOTE (mfb)

And of Crosse the core mechanic of a game make up the whole system, and the details do no matter at all. Or the fact that core die rolling mechanics for Adventure was less like oWoD than shadowrun was.

See you picked up 1-dice and tried to get 1-5 dice to roll over 7. Adventure rules.

oWoD and shadowrun have changed target numbers and the number of dice you need to gett higher than them.

So, why didn't people compare shadowrun to vampire say five years ago?
Critias
So, why didn't people compare shadowrun to vampire say five years ago?

Because Shadowrun was out first (IIRC), so the comparison was Vampire to Shadowrun (not the other way around, but now we look like we're copying them).

I'd reply to the rest of your post, but I genuinely have no idea what you're trying to say with most of it.
Cain
Not only was Shadowrun out first, IIRC some of the original Shadowrun playtesters and devs went on to devlop the Storyteller system. Shadowrun was the innovator in a lot of ways.

Besides which, I should point out that my gamaing group is comparing nWoD to Adventure!, not oWoD (although they don't like that much, either). And there's a definite similarity in feel to the games themselves, if not the themes used.

Star Wars d20 and D&D 3E don't have a lot of themes in common, but they end up feeling a lot the same. Adventure! doesn't have the angsty themes beloved by WoD, but it still plays the same.
BookWyrm
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
QUOTE (BookWyrm @ Jun 8 2005, 12:17 AM)
I reccomend that all nay-sayers do the same. Prove yourselves to be upright mobile bipeds!

Ok, now you're just discriminating against all of us encephalons in life-support tanks.

~J

Then I appologise.
Snow_Fox
QUOTE (SR4-WTF?)
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0 @ Jun 7 2005, 10:59 PM)
Just because it's condescending doesn't make it untrue.

You Germans are so very, very predictable.

Doesn't make them wrong.
ankh-le-fixer
a typical SR4 complainer post that i fight against

QUOTE (Phoniex)
Now with the new rules of stat+skill in SH4 i don't see how anyone can possibly compete with max or enhanced strength trolls who have even a marginal skill.  I mean the age old arguement about the 60 year old kung fu master (str 3) being able to defeat all commers because he had a skill of 9.. well guess what a troll can start off easily with a base of 10 strength and just a skill of 3 can be the equal of that kung fu master. ( *cringe* i don't want to even think about what magic or machine can crank troll str up 2)    And this is WITHOUT even trying to factor in the trolls reach bonus.  Does anyone else out here see this as a problem?

Also the idea that a troll without athletics but max body can be comparable to someone with a skill of 6 in athletics and max starting body.. is well scary.  I mean a troll should not be able to scuba dive as well as someone with skill 6 and body 2.. just because they are a troll.

i m sure SR4 devs have seen these points and will include a rules like you can t add more attribute dices than skill ones or something like that (maybe modiers or hit penalties) to overcome this kind of abuse

again, we have only the slim base of the SR4 system so don t think that the core system chapter of the SR4 rulebook will only be 3 lines long like the FAQ

stupid question that will not be answered: ok so TN is 5 now.. i'm down with trying it.. but what about damage resistance tests? i mean how can you fix that target number...

it s the same with damage : how can you imagine that SR4 devs dont make mechanism to create different difficulty to soak a light pistol or a rocketlauncher??? they re not nuts (well i dont know but imagine )

your post is typical of most of the people complaining about SR4 : they complain about something we know nearly nothing about just 3 lines in a FAQ!
hermit
Not to mention that trolls in melee already ARE way over-powered in SR3. I see SR4 not correcting this, but they won't make it worse either, from what I have seen.
Wireknight
They're way overpowered in the same way that heavy pistols up through sniper rifles are. If one scores a hit, you're going to feel it (or you won't feel it, or anything else, ever again). However, under an Attribute + Skill mechanic, they will not only hit very, very hard, they can also, through virtue of their brute strength, display effective skill equal to an above-average human with expert skill rating, with little or no corresponding skill of their own. Moreover, they are just as able as the aforementioned human to develop expert skill, at which point they literally outclass every other race in that particular area.

Say you have a human, with Strength of 4 and a strength-linked skill (we'll say that Clubs are strength-linked) of 4. They are above-average in physical capability and skill. They have an unmodified dice pool of 8, which abstracts to around 2.67 hits. Let's now say that you have a troll, with Strength equivalent on a racial basis to that of the human (Strength of 4 with a +4 Racial Modifier means cool.gif and Clubs of 1. That's an unmodified dice pool of 9, which abstracts to around 3.0 hits. They're already pulling ahead.

Say you have a human cyborg, with Strength of 6(9) and Clubs of 6. Graft muscle and a dozen years of aikido tonfa-training make all the difference. This guy's the peak of human clubbery, he's got an unmodified dice pool of 15 and will average 5 hits when he takes a swing. Say you have a troll cyborg, with Strength of 10(15) and Clubs of 6. This guy's the peak of troll clubbery, and he has an umodified dice pool of 21, thus averaging 7 hits. The best of the best human doesn't really stand a chance, since variance isn't as large in SR4.

Now, in SR3, a strong troll (and people rarely play trolls who don't take advantage of their racial modifier to achieve values humans can't, i.e. 10+) with a giant club is something to fear. If he hits you, you're probably going to take the full damage of his attack, maybe one level less if you're very lucky. However, since his ability to hit you is solely based on his skill, if you're an adept martial artist, you can probably dance around his overpowering strikes and bring him down. Skill trumps raw power.

In SR4, if raw power factors into it (i.e. there exists a skill whose linked attribute is Strength0, it'll work like d20. Higher Strength characters will be more precise in melee combat and more damaging. Trolls, through virtue of incredibly high Strength ratings, likewise, will be able to achieve heights that no one save for someone playing another troll, identically statted, will be able to match.

Is this good? Depends on your style and what you like. I play quick and cunning speed-demons most of the time, so I'm in general not too happy with it. I'm sure people who play characters more like Marv in Sin City will drool and demand more. The only outright problem I see with it is the fact that if you want to be the best at something, certain races (trolls for melee with strength-linked melee skills) are the only solution you have, because if you don't pick that race and that skill/attribute layout, all it takes to trump you is to roll up a character that does.
Grinder
So let's hope that clubs and the like won't be related to strength wink.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (ankh-le-fixer)
your post is typical of most of the people complaining about SR4 : they complain about something we know nearly nothing about just 3 lines in a FAQ!

And you rabidly defend SR4 against all comers with nothing but faith and conjecture, while knowing no more than those same three lines.
Wireknight
QUOTE (Grinder @ Jun 10 2005, 10:09 AM)
So let's hope that clubs and the like won't be related to strength  wink.gif

Yeah, but my point was intentionally abstract. I only specified clubs for sake of making that particular example of my point tangible. If any melee skill is Strength-linked, the Attribute+Skill mechanic and static TN# system will make trolls with those weapons the most lethal melee combatants of all of the suggested playable character races.
ankh-le-fixer
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (ankh-le-fixer @ Jun 10 2005, 07:48 PM)

And you rabidly defend SR4 against all comers with nothing but faith and conjecture, while knowing no more than those same three lines.

i m not "for" SR4, the FAQ makes me wondering like lot of people but i dont judge the whole SR4 on 30 lines! i m confident in the fact that SR4 devs are people who like shadowrun and will do their best to make a good game.

there s way too much overreaction of dumpshockers that seem to dont want the game evolve and draw conclusions about just a word or line in a FAQ that s my point

that amazes me to see how people way overreact to those FAQ (that gives only hints of SR4) like : will a split occurs between SR3 and SR4 fans, saying they dont buy SR4 or far more scarier comparing SR4 to 9/11 (it s really amazing to compare those 2 things)

i think that fanpro makes a major mistake in releasing those FAQ cause they have think that FAQ will give only little hints for fans and interest them in the future editon and instead people start going mad in drawing false assumptions of little said which are then taken as true statement by other people who in return generate more bad feelings...

that s why the FAQ has been rare and politically correct in the 5 release when they say nothing but very general statement and guidelines...
Grinder
QUOTE (Wireknight)
QUOTE (Grinder @ Jun 10 2005, 10:09 AM)
So let's hope that clubs and the like won't be related to strength  wink.gif

Yeah, but my point was intentionally abstract. I only specified clubs for sake of making that particular example of my point tangible. If any melee skill is Strength-linked, the Attribute+Skill mechanic and static TN# system will make trolls with those weapons the most lethal melee combatants of all of the suggested playable character races.

I fully understand what you intented to say. But as long as we don't know the mechanics of SR4 any better, this is all speculation - and a hystercial one too. Most of the postings in the SR4-forum are - at least i got the impression - against the game and the changed mechnics without knowing enough about the game play the judge. So i don't try to give serious answers to most posts. smile.gif
Ol' Scratch
I kind of liked the idea that the number of Attribute dice would be limited by your Skill rating. So a troll with Strength 9 and a Skill of 3 would only be able to roll 3 dice for any Strength-linked attack test even if damage would be based on the full Strength. With that kind of limitation, not only would it require a highly trained troll to take full advantage of his natural Strength, but it would keep Skill as the more important aspect of the Attribute+Skill gestalt (since you would be able to use your full Skill on all tests, but not always your full Attribute rating) just as it should be.
Wireknight
Indeed, I think that mechanic idea has promise. Of course, it also means that you take little or no advantage from having a higher linked attribute than the next guy, unless his linked attribute is particularly low or your skill is pretty high. It also makes defaulting kind of a tricky proposition, since you would by definition be permitted to contribute zero dice from your linked attribute to a test in which you had no skill. If that mechanic is not in place, defaulting sort of handles itself. If it is in place, an additional exception is required to handle defaulting.

Once more, we return to my observation about the system tending to require exceptions for a great deal of situations, and those exceptions in turn leading to further exceptions to smooth and balance the results of the initial exception. The process recurses, in some cases quite deeply.
phelious fogg
What if each hit up to skill level is counted normaly and then each hit after is counted for only half as much.

The strength 12 troll with skill 0 will get on average 12/(3*2) = 2 sucesses
The human will str 3 skill 3 will get on average 6/3 = 2 sucesses
If the human rolls all hits he only will get 3 + 3/2 (round down) = 4 hits
The troll with no skill will get 6 hits, but this is far more improbable than the human doing the same.
Req
QUOTE (phelious fogg)
What if each hit up to skill level is counted normaly and then each hit after is counted for only half as much.

The strength 12 troll with skill 0 will get on average 12/(3*2) = 2 sucesses
The human will str 3 skill 3 will get on average 6/3 = 2 sucesses
If the human rolls all hits he only will get 3 + 3/2 (round down) = 4 hits
The troll with no skill will get 6 hits, but this is far more improbable than the human doing the same.

That doesn't sound like simplification to me. Possible, but contrary to the stated purpose of the new system.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (ankh-le-fixer)

i think that fanpro makes a major mistake in releasing those FAQ cause they have think that FAQ will give only little hints for fans and interest them in the future editon and instead people start going mad in drawing false assumptions of little said which are then taken as true statement by other people who in return generate more bad feelings...

What false assumptions? Name them, please.

Because every conjecture I've seen has been based on the bits of mechanic that have been released; it's not like they were just made up in a vacuum.
chevalier_neon
QUOTE (Wireknight)
It also makes defaulting kind of a tricky proposition, since you would by definition be permitted to contribute zero dice from your linked attribute to a test in which you had no skill. If that mechanic is not in place, defaulting sort of handles itself. If it is in place, an additional exception is required to handle defaulting.

Not if there is a system saying that if you have to default, you only throw one dice. Which would make a big difference between someone with just a skill at level 1. But here again, just suppositions....
Critias
I'd say that devalues attributes quite a bit. One die, with just a 1/3 chance of success, isn't much of a chance when defaulting for some pretty common stuff (anyone with 6's across the board in physical attributes has the same 1/3 chance of doing a long jump as someone with 1's across the board?).
chevalier_neon
Depending on...
If you say that to hit someone in melee you have only one dice, but that the damages are based upon your strength, an unskilled human and an unskilled troll won't have the same efficiency...
If you are saying that for each success on your long jump, one success = strength in inchs, feet, yards or whatever, you will notice that your attribute still has an impact.
But it would be more "rough" power, than one that you could exploit at 100% using technics...
Once again, wait and see the rules, but as you can all see, for each complain, you can easily find a counter-complain...
Wireknight
That's not defaulting. Defaulting implies some linkage in the final mechanic to the attribute in question. If you default the same whether you have an attribute of 1 or 10, then you're not really talking about defaulting, you're talking about simply creating a floor of one six-sided die for any given dicepool and discarding defaulting entirely.

Not all complaints (or rueful contemplations, complaint has a negative connotation that I'm not sure is appropriate) are created equal. If someone makes a fairly valid and well-reasoned suggestion as to where things could go wrong, and the other one says "well, defaulting should just result in rolling one die no matter what!", I'd say they haven't really countered anything. It's like trying to block a dagger-thrust with a toothpick.
Ol' Scratch
Defaulting is one of the big hurdles I'm waiting to see them overcome with the new dice mechanic. I haven't been able to come up with any ideas on how to do it well.
Req
ONe wonders if they're going to take a page from The Other Game and divide skills up among those that can be used untrained without a penalty, and those that can't be used without training.

If they do, I will gnash my teeth. It doesn't make any sense, and god knows my PCs default all the damn time (one STILL hasn't bought athletics, even 55 Karma into the game). So I'll echo a real concern as to how they're gonna handle this one.
Kagetenshi
They already did that. Check the note on Sorcery and Conjuring (and, IIRC, Aura Reading/Enchanting).

~J
Snow_Fox
QUOTE (ankh-le-fixer @ Jun 10 2005, 04:48 AM)
a typical SR4 complainer post that i fight against
...i m sure SR4 devs have seen these points and will include a rules

my point is they are running out of time to fix that. you are sure they will. Gvien time I am sure they would, but time is a commodity they are rapidly running out of. Being so tied to Gencon for release they will put out a product without working out all the bugs and then what's the point? an erata in a few months? A 5th Ed in a year's time?
Ol' Scratch
my point is they are running out of time to fix that.

And your problem is that you assume they haven't. You assume that they just started working on the game a few months ago and that they are, indeed, "rushing" to complete it -- that they have apparently set the release date while only having the FAQs written, and nothing else.

This is just another example of how a problem thought up by a random user is now being used as proof for how stupid the developers are for not having thought of it themselves because some random user who's entire knowledge base is derived from a few lines in a FAQ mentioned it on a message forum. It's completely asinine.
Snow_Fox
Considering what a mess they've made of PR, I have seen nothing to reassure me. I've posted at length elsewhere how their "cute" answers to questions have not helped, I won't go into that detail again. They want to convince me it's worth my money and I am not seeing it.

They have put out some major clunkers in the past- 2nd Black Book comes to mind as a particualr book that was reviled by pretty much everyone. and that wasn't tied to a very specfic release date the way this is.
Ellery
The FAQs are missing the juicy little specific tidbits that could easily be thrown in if the system were in good shape, essentially complete, and just missing a tiny bit of refinement here and there. For example:

"We have new rules for athletics, covering physical feats of strength, agility, coordination, and so on, all in a simple, easy-to-use framework. They're great for adding flair and daring maneuvers to an otherwise dull combat scene. Don't get too cocky, though; you can't cartwheel through a rain of gunfire."

That's the kind of thing you can say when you're almost done. Here's what you say when you've just started:

"The basic mechanic is rolling 3d6 against a target number equal to 14 - skill + modifers. Skills range from 0 to 8."
frostPDP
Gotta hand it to Ellery. Definitely got a point.

I understand Fanpro wants to keep the element of surprise in the air. We as gamers want to read this thing and go "Wow, this was REALLY good" - Who wants to know the end to their favorite movie 10 minutes in, and then watch it for another hour and a half, right?

The problem is twofold:

1: They know we aren't pleased with what we've seen, so their lack of furhter information is leaving us only with the dregs we already have to speculate on. It becomes a cycle - We see little, we envision the good 'ol FUBAR.

2: If their system IS mostly complete, releasing a little more info would be easy as they know exactly what is and what isn't too much info. They might be aware that giving exact examples of Athletics would be impractical. That's fine. They could still give -something-. If giving anything more than they already have is enough to spoil it, they must be -damn- shallow with the game.

The example often raised is putting the funniest 2 minutes of a comedy film in the trailer. The rest? Filler. I'm sure Fanpro doesn't want to do that, but its good to have some good bits in the trailer as well. Thusfar, in the (possible. I may be wrong) opinion of some, we've seen two minutes of a horse's rear end. If that's all Fanpro has, why bother? I for one sincerely hope they have more.
Cheops
From the playtesters on the forum (I hope this doesn't violate the NDA)...how long have you guys been playtesting the new rules?

I ask because it serves as a good indication of how rushed the production is. If they've been playtesting for a long time (several months already) and not just the past few weeks then I'd definitely say they are not rushing. From what mfb and other playtesters have hinted at in their posts it sounds as if they are NOT rushing the game.
Supercilious
I doubt it is rushed, it seems to me more like it is not rushed, and just not what I am looking for. Oh well, I hope it is good (Or atleast good at what it tried to do, because it does not sound like SR4 is even trying to be what I want. The biggest possible disappointment is that the audience it is trying to appeal to does not even like it, whichever audience that is).
frostPDP
One thing I've noticed is that us DS Forum people, even if we don't necessarily like everything about SR4, are the ones who are the most rabid about the game and its nuances. If they can do such a poor job as to alienate us (I doubt it) then it signals a completely unparalleled screwup - And, unless the new system attracts a completely new fanbase, the demise of Fanpro.

It'd be like having 20 dice in intellegence and rolling all 1's. Not even one 2.

Fortunately, that doesn't look possible. Many people don't like what they see so far, but time will tell how we recieve it overall.
Ellery
Fans often become endeared to all aspects of the object of their devotion, even the aspects that most people consider "bad". So in some ways, alienating fans is easier than alienating anyone else--you just have to change anything and some fans will be alienated. (Other fans will love anything as long as it comes out with the brand name on it....)

So fan dissatisfaction, alone, is not enough to judge performance. If there's a high level of dissatisfaction, it's a sign to pay attention, but in order to know whether there's a deeper problem, you need to listen to what they're saying and decide whether they're making a good point.
FrostyNSO
I would just like Fanpro to stop referring to this as "4th Edition", and call it what it really is, a first edition.
Eldritch
QUOTE (FrostyNSO)
I would just like Fanpro to stop referring to this as "4th Edition", and call it what it really is, a first edition.

Yeah, making new rules and slapping the name Shadowrun on them does not make it Shadowrun. One of the reaons they say they are making a new, easier system is to attract new players - including those that have played it and were dissatisfied with the alleged complexity of the rules. Slapping the SR name on it is not going to attract new players. Imagine back inte 70's (I think) When Pintos were exploding. Imagine ford came out with an all new car next year and called it Pinto. No one would give it a first glance, let alone a second. I think SR may suffer the same.
(No, I am not saying Current SR is an exploding Pinto, just using an example about names smile.gif )

I've joked about it in the past, but maybe they should seriously just consider it a new game. The only reason they are sticking with the SR name, is to keep as many orginal fans as they can.
Ol' Scratch
If there's one thing I'm truly disappointed about SR4, it's that they didn't rebuild it from the ground up. I was so hoping they would scrap everything in the past, keep the basic concepts, and rebuild the game with a whole new set of mechanics, history, and metaplot. Ideally, they (Wizkids rather than FanPro) would have scrapped most of the old designers and freelancers and given the task to a hand-chosen group, including someone with a strong background in mathematics/statistics and game design.

<just crosses his fingers for SR5>

As it stands, they only seemed to have the courage to go half-assed with it... and that's my one big criticism about the whole thing at this point. I don't mind that they've come up with a new system in the slightest and look forward to seeing how it turns out. I just wish they had gone all out with it. I guess we'll just have to wait for the franchise to all but die and the title to go up for sale to someone who actually wants it instead of just having it handed over to them (Wizkids, and then passed on to FanPro just 'cause) before that'll happen, though.
Snow_Fox
It's the sort of statement they make when they think they've got it sorted out.I bet they thought the Rigger Black Book 2 was the bee's knees when they snet it to the printer and we know how that turned out. and that was done without the time clock ticking of it MUST be out by date X.

QUOTE (frostPDP @ Jun 11 2005, 08:15 PM)
One thing I've noticed is that us DS Forum people, even if we don't necessarily like everything about SR4, are the ones who are the most rabid about the game and its nuances.  If they can do such a poor job as to alienate us (I doubt it) then it signals a completely unparalleled screwup - And, unless the new system attracts a completely new fanbase, the demise of Fanpro.

Which is the point I've been trying to make.
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (frostPDP)
One thing I've noticed is that us DS Forum people, even if we don't necessarily like everything about SR4, are the ones who are the most rabid about the game and its nuances.  If they can do such a poor job as to alienate us (I doubt it) then it signals a completely unparalleled screwup - And, unless the new system attracts a completely new fanbase, the demise of Fanpro.

As someone else mentioned, that's exactly what makes us easy to alienate. In general, we love everything about the game. Any significant change is a bad thing because it's changing the very thing we (again, a general "we") love so very much. Hence the "fear of the change" commentary from earlier, which so far has been pretty damn accurate despite people's claims that they're not afraid of change (it's just not the change they wanted, which is different for everyone).
Eldritch
QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
QUOTE (frostPDP)

As someone else mentioned, that's exactly what makes us easy to alienate. In general, we love everything about the game. Any significant change is a bad thing because it's changing the very thing we (again, a general "we") love so very much. Hence the "fear of the change" commentary from earlier, which so far has been pretty damn accurate despite people's claims that they're not afraid of change (it's just not the change they wanted, which is different for everyone).

The classic defense of the Pro SR4 crowd - "They're afraid of change! They're afraid of change!"

Oh well, if thats all you got. You can have it. *Pats Doc's Head* Whatever makes you feel better.
Ol' Scratch
Yes, because I'm clearly a "pro SR4" person who's totally in love with every bit of information that's come out and firmly believe that there can be no wrong done. Yep, that's me all right. Yessir, you nailed that all right.

Or by "pro SR4 crowd" do you mean those people who 1) aren't whining over anything their imagination can cook up -- especially if backed up by some ignorant or outright stupid rumor some other equally ignorant fool on the internet mentioned on another thread [which seems to include the large majorty of people who are whining endlessly, especially the ones who try so hard to say they're not doing that very thing even though it's blatantly obvious to everyone else], or 2) who aren't whining because they're going to have to spend money on a new edition [which includes individuals such as Snow Fox]?

If so, yes, in that case I guess I am in the "pro SR4 crowd." Though if I were to label myself, I'd place myself more in the "hesitant and untrusting of the new direction of the game, but willing to give it the benefit of the doubt until I know more... and certainly not flying off the handle at the mere notion of some fucking idiotic rumor with no basis in reality whatsoever" crowd.
Eldritch
So have you just not been paying attention? Or do you refuse to understand? Pretty much all of the mopre vocal antiSr4 people have graphicaly and painstakingly explained in great detail that that don't have a problem with change.

Yeah, SR3 needed some help, but not a complete rewrite...

Well, I'm not reiterating it here.

a) You havent' been reading even most of the SR4 boards.

b)You don't understand.

c)you refuse to believe what we have to say about our opinions.

d)You're living in your own happy little world, and ignoring what you don't want to see.

Ol' Scratch
Oh, I've been paying attention. I just see no reason to believe the majority of those people who are claiming that they're not afraid of (or more correctly, angry at) change when they clearly are despite their determined foot-stomping that they're not. They're largely just pissed because -- as I've stated several times beforehand, and as they've come out and stated quite a few times themselves -- those changes aren't the changes they wanted.

Hell, you just did it yourself. "Yeah, SR3 needed some help, but not a complete rewrite..." So, because you didn't think it needed a rewrite, you're pissed off that it's getting one. And considering you're one of the people who go flying off the handle at random statements other users make and then try to present them as the definitive way they're going to be handled in the game (but then trying to be suave by saying you're just theorizing after someone slaps you in the face with that fact), you're a prime example of the type of person I'm referring to.

You want to continue bitching about crap that you and others are making up just so you can vent your anger over the change that's coming? Fine, feel free. But don't be surprised when I come in and start bitching at you for being an idiot for doing so and offering counterpoints in the process (which, apparently, I'm not allowed to do -- only you guys are), either.
mfb
...so, being accepting of change means that we should just accept whatever shit gets dumped on me, as long as it's different? and if i decry it as shit, i'm anti-change? okay.
Ol' Scratch
In case you missed it (and apparently you have), I have no problem with people being critical of the changes. Especially since I'm one of those people (I loathe the basic dice mechanic). What I, personally, have a problem with are the people making shit up so that they can have an excuse to bitch about how horrible it is, all the while trying to present the made-up shit as gospel. Doubly so for those who are doing it to cover up the fact that they're just upset because they'll have to buy new books.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012