Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Wanna New Game
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Trigger
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Now I have to go through Trigger's novel he just sent me on his character. biggrin.gif

I knew how much you liked a good character story, so I made it nice and long for you. At least I left out most of the details on specific runs and such, I could have gone into those as well. nyahnyah.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Jul 23 2007, 04:07 AM)
you will get bonus points for char illustrations, and thorough backgrounds. Now I have to go through Trigger's novel he just sent me on his character.

I can't do the Art thing! frown.gif

My background could have been longer, but I couldn't wait to send him in to you.

I still consider Toby to be (he he) a work in progress.
fistandantilus4.0
Well I gave Fortune some Karma for having an extremely intriacet char sheet and detailed background. I gave Trigger CSP for having a really good background. So if anyone else wants to be a karma whore, here's whacha do:

First, get me your char background. Ideally, I should only have to scroll a little bit to get the details I need to know about the character, such as Trigger's which was basically the perfect length.

Then, if you want more, give me more. Not in the same message. I can only digest so much at once. But the details of a specific, meaningful run for instance. Or more details on a couple parts of their back ground.
Trigger
I got some CSP? How much? And why I am only now hearing about this..... frown.gif
fistandantilus4.0
I thought I told you in the PM. Hmmm... uhh. oops. smile.gif

5 CSP
Trigger
Yay CSP! biggrin.gif *marks on sheet*
Fortune
So, being that this is Shadowrun, if I con someone onto doing the Art-thing™ for me, or alternately 'acquire' an appropriate image from another source, would that still count? biggrin.gif
Fortune
Hey! If I con...vince Trigger to do the Art-thing™, we'd both get Karma, wouldn't we? biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
I was just going to say, if you can get anyone but Trigger. Finding a web image would be good as well. The more appropriate, the more you get. Just not holychampion though. Nothing personal against him. I just don't care for his style.
Trigger
Yeah, we would both get karma right? Me twice for my drawing and his, right? biggrin.gif

*EDIT*: Damn, just saw your last post.... frown.gif
fistandantilus4.0
No, justTrig would get it, as he was the one making the effort
Trigger

Nevermind my edit, yay for the karma for me biggrin.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (Trigger)
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Jul 22 2007, 11:51 PM)

Nevermind my edit, yay for the karma for me

He didn't say you would get it. This justTrig guy must be an NPC.
fistandantilus4.0
Yes, the ever elusive JustTrig, partner to the Infamous Immoral Elf Fortuna!
vegm.gif
Trigger
Damn IEs and their conspiracies to steal my well-earned karma sarcastic.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Trigger)
Damn IEs and their conspiracies

That's right. Rememeber, we're here to help you. cool.gif
Fortune
You can't keep giving me Bad Karma for stuff I do that has no relation to the game itself. nyahnyah.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Silly IE. Sure I can! smile.gif Just like I can give you karma or CSP on a whim for things like char sheets, or quoting the band Cake. It's Shadowrun man. Good with the Bad. I fully expect that you could and should be able to do the same any time I play in a game you run as well. Same applies to Trigger (but more so, since I may actually be playing in one of his games).
toturi
Canon RAW memory jewel overload! GM discretion overflow - error, error, error! Twist Fate! Twist Fate! biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
rotfl.gif

3 CSP for making the GM laugh. That, boys and , well, more boys and the old man, is the easiest way to get CSP.
Grinder
Charlies, ork mage. Hm, demolitions.

Where is the game take place, btw? Miami would rock! biggrin.gif
Fortune
New Orleans would be cool.

But Miami would be good as well ... I've never been to that particular city in Shadowrun.

Really looks like it is going to be a magic-centric game. I'm thinking we'll definitely be appreciating the presence of Critias' Samurai along the way. smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Miami is a possible one. As I mentioned to Fortune, one of the possible routes I may take this game is basically going to use the book Cyber Pirates a lot, jsut to change things up. WHich could well mean Miami.

On a new and shiny note, Grinder, Plan B is looking at bringing back Miami Vice. cool.gif
Grinder
On a new and shiny note, Grinder, Plan B is looking at bringing back Miami Vice. cool.gif

love.gif That would be aweome! smile.gif

Miami is so cool, salmon-colored suits, white slippers and crappy haircuts for everyone! cool.gif
Fortune
Yippee! I love CyberPirates! biggrin.gif
Redjack

Yea!! That must mean her health is on an uptake?
fistandantilus4.0
Her shoulder is doing a bit better. But really I think it's more of a learning to cope kind of thing. Sent yo a PM by the way RJ
toturi
Does everyone (Awakened) have a Magical Group? Where are we starting in? Or do we even have a base city?

Fist, if we write the Magical Group into our PC background do we get the discount for initiation? My PC is most likely going to be from Europe, so yeah either the Brotherhood of Iron Crescent or the 25.
fistandantilus4.0
You can have a group connection as long as you a) had them in a game the character was originally played in . or b) paid a minimum of 3 BP (1 connection/2 loyalty) for a group. The more prestigious the group, the more BP. Illuminates would be between 3-5 connection for example.

I haven't set the base city yet, no. I'm still waiting to find out precisely what everyone is playing.

At this point, I don't need stats, so much as I need background fleshing out for the various characters. I still need that from toturi, Grinder, and Critias. Once I have that, I can set more details for you. Prime Runners can't really just be popped into a canned run, ya' know?
Fortune
QUOTE (toturi)
Does everyone (Awakened) have a Magical Group?

Toby has three, but two of them have 'officially' cut ties, and he hasn't seen the only other living member of his student Group in about 10 years. biggrin.gif

Where are we starting in? Or do we even have a base city?

There was some mention of New Orleans and/or Miami.

Fist, if we write the Magical Group into our PC background do we get the discount for initiation?

I did! biggrin.gif
Fortune
So Fisty ... I assume that we are all (or maybe most of us) independent, in that we are not as yet a 'team', right?
Critias
Well, I'm pretty flexible, actually -- I've been kind of holding off to see what everyone else is playing, where it's gonna be set, yadda yadda (not JUST circling and waiting for SL to get back up) before I get my heart too set on anything. It's always easiest for me to make a character when I've got the motivation/inspiration from the game itself and/or other players (rather than the other way around, most of the time). And, I mean, "some sort of street sammie" isn't exactly a narrow character concept, anyhow. It's the sort of thing I can cram in any way I wanna, and he'll probably do his job okay.

I'm cool with New Orleans or Miami, with a caveat that I'm not terribly familiar with either one as far as canon stuff goes. So maybe my dude'll be some out-of-town help, called in to (perhaps) replace this mostly-magical group's recently killed sammie? Something like that, maybe?
Grinder
At this point, I don't need stats, so much as I need background fleshing out for the various characters. I still need that from toturi, Grinder, and Critias. Once I have that, I can set more details for you. Prime Runners can't really just be popped into a canned run, ya' know?

Working on it, working on it.
fistandantilus4.0
Since they area all supposed to be big time talent, this will be a group of independant operators called in for a high threat job. Details of where though I have not settled on, although I do have one wicked idea.

Anyone feeling up to a zero zone?
Fortune
Zero Zone CyberPirates?
fistandantilus4.0
Eh, something like that.
Trigger
Well, I worked my PC up with the requisite karma reductions for initiation, as he was part of a group and did some sort of ordeal each time he initiated. He has been through two magical groups, the last of which has been disbanded due to the deaths of all but one of the members (my PC). I am actually still working on writing up a list of the contacts Trigger has (the surviving ones at least). I am cool with wherever it is set, my character has been a few places in his time (all of the northwest, Boston, New York, and quite a bit of time in Chicago). I have never played in New Orleans, Miami, or any part of the CAS or south of that, so I am open to a game taking place wherever.
Fortune
You can set it in Constantinople, as far as Toby's concerned. Anywhere he goes, there's sure to be either a party or a fight (or both) close at hand. biggrin.gif
toturi
Istanbul is good. My PC's a former merc, but I haven't determined his ethnicity yet so Hong Kong/Macau and Istanbul are both good.
fistandantilus4.0
So roughly we're looking at a merc, two mages, "Some sort of sammie" biggrin.gif , and Grinder. 'Grinder' should definitely be a new archtype, usually reserved for trolls.
Fortune
... or Glasgow ...

... or Vladivostok ...

... or Madagascar. biggrin.gif
toturi
OK, I'm into the 3rd iteration of stats and background, generating a brand new PC and I'm getting a little tired of it. Can I just use an existing SR4 PC and pump him to 200 Karma?
fistandantilus4.0
I know working out a prime runner from scratch can be a real pain. SO go for it
Grinder
So roughly we're looking at a merc, two mages, "Some sort of sammie" biggrin.gif , and Grinder. 'Grinder' should definitely be a new archtype, usually reserved for trolls.

rotfl.gif

I was thinking of an ork mage, as I mentioned in a small little post a few pages back. But the troll thing is tempting too.
fistandantilus4.0
Very magic heavy game huh? Can do. The street sams should have fun trying to figure out which mage to geek first. biggrin.gif FYI, I'll be a bit busy the next few days. I'll be touch and go until about Wednesday. But I will be on, just slower post rate.
Trigger
I want this thing to start.....I want to know where it is going to be located.....I want to blow something up with my combat spells of doom.....I want a dikoted ally spirit...
Fortune
I'm not expecting the game to actually start soon, but that doesn't mean we can't get a proper OOC spin-off thread and maybe get things rolling in that direction.

Oh, and Fisty ... I don't know what else is in Augmentation, but I just have to say that Toby definitely has a Trauma Damper! biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
@Trigger - and I want everyone's completed char sheet. So bug them. smile.gif

@Fortune - I should be getting Augmentation probably by tomorrow. So I'll look at it then. smile.gif
Critias
I'm going to be trying to get ahold of Augmentation myself (what with being a Street Sam and all), but finances may not allow it to happen too terribly quickly.
fistandantilus4.0
I've got it, and would be happy to ask questions. But I know that does make it hard to do the whole "shopping list" thing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012