Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Wanna New Game
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
fistandantilus4.0
He's Back!

Well, Charlies background was sort of cliff notes, but that's allright. Take it and run. Should be interesting to see where you finish.

As a note , I've been reqorking the game a bit. The majority of the group is mages, with a merc types to fill in the gaps. So I'm changing the run. Guess that isn't a problem since you guys never really had the info on the first plan. The second one will work a bit better I think with the cast of characters we've got here. Something for everyone. smile.gif

Incidentally, so we're all on the same page of how this group is going to be looking, would everyone mind just posting a "this is my archtype/concept" here real quick? Once I have Grinder's character sheet, I'll throw up an OOC page.
Fortune
this is my archtype/concept
fistandantilus4.0
I hate you.
Trigger
QUOTE (Fortune)
this is my archtype/concept

Ditto.

Alright, actually, Trigger is a combat mage with a love of flashy spells and explosive weapons.
Fortune
Toby Fletcher is a spellslinging troubleshooter specializing in Magical Threats. smile.gif
toturi
Cloud is a spotter-sniper - primarily focused on physical Perception, secondary focus sniper rifles and stealth.
Grinder
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Aug 12 2007, 08:06 PM)
Well, Charlies background was sort of cliff notes, but that's allright. Take it and run. Should be interesting to see where you finish.

Gonna work out contacts, detailed background story and *cough* spells *cough* today and sent it to you.

Ork Mage with university diploma(s), specialized in perseption spells, countermagic and Magic Theory.
Ol' Scratch
I was told I could make a submission myself. I'll be submitting a converted Ol' Scratch, a satyr and former blues musician cum hired muscle. He doesn't really fit into any single archetype, honestly, but if I had to peg him as something it would essentially be an adept (originally in the Way of the Artist but now the Way of the Warrior) with more than a few implants. So I guess that makes him an adept/sammy hybrid with an emphasis on outliving his opposition rather than slaughtering them en masse. A bit of a "tank" in that regard, I suppose.

In a nutshell, though, he's a long-time runner who's managed to keep going well into his 50's. So he must be doing something right. smile.gif I started converting him a little while ago but it's going to be tricky with some aspects. I'll do my best and get him done as quickly as I can, then see if he'll fit in with this motley crew you've put together!
Fortune
Should fit right in. smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Ok, so update; mostly waiting on toturi and Doc Funk now.

As I said before, I've moved off the zero-zone plans. Another time, another group I think. This group is mostly magically oriented, so I've got something a bit more along those lines. The game is set to go, as soon as everyone is ready.
Ol' Scratch
Oh. Right. No pressure then.
Fortune
Yep ... the longer you take, the more tweaking I am forced to do ....

And Fisty's PM box gets fuller and fuller. biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Seriously, I'm like two away from page 6.
Fortune
So, I need a ruling on the Magical Compounds from M&M .... biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
list the specific ones you have requests on please.

Yes, I am goign to make you work for it. biggrin.gif
Ol' Scratch
Rock Lizard Blood, Laes, Z-IC Splash Grenades, and Animal Tongue are all ones I'd be interested in. Also had a bit of Dikote and Ruthenium here and there, but they were pretty crazy (and in the case of the latter for the way I used it, a default function of all clothing now), so I don't mind losing those in the conversion. smile.gif

Additionally, how should Artisan be treated? It's a pretty major skill in my concept even if it's largely ignored these days. Seems odd that being a blues musician makes me an awesome carpenter. biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Ruthenium is covered in the BBB as the stealth armor. Gives -4 to perception tests. I'd inteded to do a --4AP for dikote on baldes, making it consistent w/ APDS until Arsenal explains it. +1DV for blunt weapons.

The rest I'll get back to ya' on.
fistandantilus4.0
Splash grenades are fine. The rules should be pretty straight forward.

Laes is a no. There's a whole novel just about one group (and a powerful one at that ) trying to get one bottle. You can have it's date rape equivelenat, laesel from the new elven syndicate out of Tarislar.

Animal Tongue and Rock Lizard Blood I'm ok with as long as you can show that you have the necessary contacts for it. I'm very grudgingly giving RLB, because it's highly abuseable. I expect you'll use it sparingly. Especially since I don't think I'll allow more than one dose.
Fortune
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
I'm very grudgingly giving RLB, because it's highly abuseable. I expect you'll use it sparingly. Especially since I don't think I'll allow more than one dose.

Each? Per relevant contact? biggrin.gif

I don't want no stupid Animal Tongue.
Ol' Scratch
A satyr with a date rape drug. No way that can go terribly wrong.
fistandantilus4.0
Seven-7, you still working on a character? How's yours coming toturi?
Fortune
Answers to the questions above ....
fistandantilus4.0
You were serious? I'm allowing one does of Rock LizardBlood.Because although it could be used in a number of ways, it's only going to be used one way. Splat grenade laoded full of poisons, that he's just fine with dropping at his feet. It's just cheap.

And remember, I'm not guessing. He even said so. smile.gif
Fortune
But I wouldn't use it that way! wink.gif
Ol' Scratch
Oh please, as if that was ever a serious tactic. nyahnyah.gif (Let alone one that couldn't be duplicated with something as simple as a respirator.) Originally I was using it as part of the Guardian Angel, with the 'Blood being injected at the first sign of a serious pathological attack. Immunity vs. antidote.

But it's cool, I don't mind having only one emergency dose on hand. I figure if we come in contact with, say, Gamma Anthrax more than once we're pretty much screwed anyway...
Fortune
Wouldn't a Chem Gland be able to manufacture it? After all, it's supposed to be able to reproduce natural stuff, and the RLB is technically naturally occurring. biggrin.gif

And he still didn't answer the question of 'each' ... or just one overall ... nyahnyah.gif
toturi
Seven-7, you still working on a character? How's yours coming toturi?

ETA Saturday.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Fortune)
Wouldn't a Chem Gland be able to manufacture it? After all, it's supposed to be able to reproduce natural stuff, and the RLB is technically naturally occurring. biggrin.gif

Dont' even. No no no/ DOn't go there

And he still didn't answer the question of 'each' ... or just one overall ... :

One. Uno. Ech, Une. Just fragin' one. 1 .
One and only one. the alpha one.
Fortune
Dont' even. No no no/ DOn't go there

So, you're house ruling it then? biggrin.gif

One. Uno. Ech, Une. Just fragin' one. 1 .
One and only one. the alpha one.

Gotcha! One each it is. smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
I will kill you.
fistandantilus4.0
Ok kids (and the old man. You know who you are ). Rolling this game out on Sunday. That means you've got a few more days to either put on those finishing touches, or at least give me a convincing rough draft and a good excuse. toturi I know you've got a lot going on, so you've got the most leeway in this.

And Fortune, I swear to god if you don't get me a finished draft you are out of this game. biggrin.gif
Fortune
Oh, you want a finished draft? And I have until Sunday? Hmmmm ....

How much PM space did you say you had?
toturi
Roger that.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Fortune)

How much PM space did you say you had?

biggrin.gif
toturi
Fisty, you have new PM. Char sheet sent.
fistandantilus4.0
Wonderful, thanks very much. Wil PM any questions once I get a chance to look it over. Grindre's working on his BG to fill in the gaps. So we're looking pretty good here. Doc Funk is all but done as well.
Ol' Scratch
I just thought that I would report (and totally gloat) that I'm done as well. I mock those who still haven't finished!
Fortune
I am most definitely not done until the very last moment before the final deadline. biggrin.gif
Ol' Scratch
I shall still mock you, however. Mock, mock!
fistandantilus4.0
Game IC and OOC will be up tomorrow. Most likely afternoon time.
Fortune
It's already tomorrow, even afternoon time for me!
toturi
QUOTE (Fortune)
It's already tomorrow, even afternoon time for me!

According to my time, he posted in the morning. That gives him another 23 hours to get the threads up.
Fortune
I can't help if he's slack! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012