Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Wanna New Game
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Critias
Yeah. And me saying "Oh, hey, my Street Sammie is all set except for cyberware and bioware" is a lot like saying "Dude, my car works great, except for the fact it hasn't got an engine or a steering wheel."
Fortune
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
I've got it, and would be happy to ask questions.

Could you answer some too? wink.gif

Seriously ... run down the mage-friendly bioware for me. biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Will do. There's a bunch of neat new 'ware. Stuff like the thermosense organ is back >Always lvoed that one. Cyberlimbs are looking pretty good. Fr instance, you can have a troll with a cyber arm at his max unaugmented str w/o taking up capacity.

There's always a few qualities, like the 30 BP "Type O" that makes it so that all of your bioware is considered Deltagrade. There's a lot of good stuff. ou'lre looking for mage-centric though?

Critias - being that you're playing the car w/o an engine, let me know what you'd like me to look up stats wise in Augmentaion.
toturi
Is the Radar Sensor (p36 Aug) available as a handheld sensor?
Fortune
Somebody just give me the damn stats for the Trauma Damper! nyahnyah.gif
Critias
Critias - being that you're playing the car w/o an engine, let me know what you'd like me to look up stats wise in Augmentaion.

I really have no idea what to even ask for. I've heard cyberlimbs are looking much cooler (which is a good thing), but I'm also going the "guy with two obvious cyberarms" route in your SL game, so I'm not terribly eager to go nuts with it over here, too.

I'm just drawing a blank every time I sit down to work up a character.
fistandantilus4.0
Trauma Dampener in short hand:
If physical damge is inflicted, shift one box to stun damage.
If trauma comes from stun damage, reduce the damage by one box
Negates any dice pool modifiers on intimidation test that are gained from inflicting pain

Crit - cyber limbs are a lot more useful now, yes. Perhaps if you gave me some of the background and style of your character, I could suggest some 'ware until you get Augmentation?

toturi - the capacity that device takes up is 2. Which applies to headware. So it would be able to be rahter small, and therefore adaptable to a hand held sensor. Of course, that isn't canon wink.gif . I'll let you have it at the same price as in Augmentaion , Rating x 3,000, Up to rating 4
Fortune
Trauma Dampener in short hand:
If physical damge is inflicted, shift one box to stun damage.
If trauma comes from stun damage, reduce the damage by one box
Negates any dice pool modifiers on intimidation test that are gained from inflicting pain

Mucho gracias. smile.gif

0.2 Essence cost?

What kind of decent Cybereye Suites are there?

Can't wait for my copy! frown.gif
fistandantilus4.0
correct on the essense. The suites I ganced over, so I'll have to get back to you on that.

Now I'm just all sorts of excited about this book. I mean, here I am with a group of very experienced players, all with experienced characters, and looking to go in on a hard run, and I've got all these wonderful new toys!

vegm.gif
Fortune
Well then, set up a real OOC thread so we can feel some 'official' progress. nyahnyah.gif

As to the Cybereye Suites ... I ain't looking for anything fancy ('cause I don't know about anything fancy yet frown.gif) ... just the basics on the basics, as it were. biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
I'll set one up when I'm damn good and ready. nyahnyah.gif

biggrin.gif

What I'm actually waiting on is to have everyone's characters in. I hate it when char information is buried beneath four pages of chit chat. I like to being the OOC with the beginning of the IC.
Fortune
Waaaa waaa waaaa! wink.gif

Eyes! biggrin.gif
toturi
toturi - the capacity that device takes up is 2. Which applies to headware. So it would be able to be rahter small, and therefore adaptable to a hand held sensor. Of course, that isn't canon wink.gif . I'll let you have it at the same price as in Augmentaion , Rating x 3,000, Up to rating 4

OK, but how many capacity would it take up in a normal handheld housing? A handheld sensor housing has 3 capacity. The capacities of the sensor housings and sensors themselves are in the gear section of the BBB.
fistandantilus4.0
Well since it takes 2 capacity for headware, stands to reason the capacity would still be 2 for anythign else.
fistandantilus4.0
I just want to confirm again: everyone is ok with doing a run that will involve a Zero-Zone?
Fortune
'Z'ok! Zero problems with the Zero-Zone.
Lady Door
No. Not okay. But since when is a shadowrunner ever really OK with any of their jobs?
Trigger
Zero problems with the zero-zone.
toturi
No problems as long as my PC can stay out of it. biggrin.gif

... ok, alright, throw us into the deep end of the dung pool.
fistandantilus4.0
Alrighty, that's good enough for me. The water wings come off. On in to the deep end boys!

Lady Door
... *ahem!* Boys? I demand equal opportunity!
fistandantilus4.0
ok.

Alrighty, that's good enough for me. The water wings come off. On in to the deep end boys fresh meat!
Lady Door
That's better.
toturi
We are so dead. Better make 'em broken, else we'll never get outta this shit alive.
Trigger
Suicide run? No hope at all? Psshaw....

I ran through Chicago Bug City, I can handle anything.
fistandantilus4.0
Just avoid OneTrikPony-ism. It won't be your starting point.

QUOTE (Trigger)
I ran through Chicago Bug City, I can handle anything.

I'll remember you said that. wink.gif
Lady Door
STOP GIVING HIM IDEAS!!! We're going to break into an Ares zero zone and now there's going to be bug spirits. I blame you.
Trigger
I should have kept my mouth shut.... indifferent.gif
fistandantilus4.0
vegm.gif
Lady Door
Is it too late to back out of the game? *eeep*
fistandantilus4.0
Only if your tail feels comfortable tucked in there like that.
Lady Door
Great. Can I play the ghost of this character once she dies?
fistandantilus4.0
Wouldn't be the first time.
Fortune
Gimme more!
Lady Door
Sadist.
Grinder
What I'm actually waiting on is to have everyone's characters in. I hate it when char information is buried beneath four pages of chit chat. I like to being the OOC with the beginning of the IC.

Working on mine, wil be finished tomorrow. Hopefully.
Critias
Blah. I'm still just going blank and wholly uninspired, every time I sit down to start working on a character.
toturi
I keep having giggles on the amount of in-jokes I'm adding to my PC's backstory (if you are a wuxia fan, that is).

Giggling is not good for math. Really.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Critias)
Blah. I'm still just going blank and wholly uninspired, every time I sit down to start working on a character.

I know the feeling. Perhaps you just need to do some reading. Get some book with a street sam in it, read the old Cybertech book, hell, watch Boondock Saints. wink.gif
Grinder
Mhhhh... two catholic brothers... Crit, send me a PM. wink.gif

(and sorry for not replying to the last - your ED story rocks!)
fistandantilus4.0
Who, mine?
Critias
Heh, already done the Boondock Saints thing, trust me. Just ask any SL vet about The McManus Brothers. Good times, good times.

Part of my problem's all the comics I've been reading lately. I'm already plenty kung-fu-guy in a few other games, I don't want to just abuse all the karma and nuyen we're getting in this one to try and make another Iron Fist/Daredevil/Nightwing type. Especially when I'm supposed to be filling the gunbunny slot. wink.gif
Cthulhudreams
As this seems to be the best place to ask, is there any way to tell if games are recruiting? I'm going to build some more cred first with the forum as a stayer, but I don't want to miss something - games just post recruitment posts when they go?
Grinder
Yep, they do.

QUOTE (Critias)
Heh, already done the Boondock Saints thing, trust me. Just ask any SL vet about The McManus Brothers. Good times, good times.

Ah, ok.

For finding a character idea for your gun-bunny: what about John McLane? biggrin.gif
Grinder
Who, mine?

No, Critias.
toturi
Yipee ki yay!
Fortune
QUOTE (Grinder)
For finding a character idea for your gun-bunny: what about John McLane?

I was going to suggest that, but I figured Critias' would shoot me. biggrin.gif

@Cthulhudreams: You've pretty much got it. Just keep your eyes open, and/or post in this here bitchin' thread of mine ... or you could start up your own game. There's really no need for you to 'build up credit' though. A well-thought-out character and background will usually go farther with most GMs than a high post count. smile.gif
Fortune
Oh, and I submitted my second draft. The Zero-Zone shudders in dread anticipation. wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Grinder)
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Jul 31 2007, 05:08 AM)
Who, mine?

No, Critias.

Crit has an ED char!? eek.gif I wanna see!

QUOTE (Fortune)
A well-thought-out character and background will usually go farther with most GMs than a high post count. 

Very much agreed.

Crit, also , remember this doens't have to be a gun bunny. You guys will at some point be going up agsint some very formidable security, and I have yet to see a character equipped to deal with it. Just something to think about.
Fortune
Sure! You can come and post, but can you answer even one of my four PMs? No! frown.gif nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012