Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exiles Hope
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
grendel
Grendel doesn't actually drive from the driver's seat. The command couch is situated behind the driver and front passenger seats. Just a little precautionary measure in case some one tries to blindfire using the driver's side as a reference.
Fortune
QUOTE (Leowulf)
I wish Blackjack could throw up wards. Spells too. Then, she would be a Blackjack-of-all-trades.

You'll just have to be happy with the fact that you've got a hand for all seasons. wink.gif
grendel
Oops. Disregard. smile.gif
Fortune
That drives me crazy! wink.gif
Leowulf
Charisma roll to charm the guard, if you wanted one: 3, 5, 2, 1, 3

Next action, Blackjack will, if her request is granted, pull up the number of Grendel's permit on her image link as a feed from her pocket pc and read it to the guard.
Grey
Perception check (+5 for sound filter): 14 11 10 05 05 05 04 04 03 03 01 #D:11 TN:4 HR:14 S:8
Shadow
You fail to pick up anything in the guard house.
Fortune
That last post obviously doesn't apply to Blackjack! biggrin.gif

The hussy! wink.gif
Leowulf
Hehe. eek.gif

What's the guard's charisma? Is he cute in her opinion? Blackjack might hang on to the number if it's 4 or higher.

Ya gotta know that Blackjack is a hottie.
Shadow
He's pretty good looking, high cheek bones and olive skin that being Indian gives you smile.gif
Grey
I'm gunna throw out a Perception check, just in case one is needed.

Perception: 11 11 05 05 02 01 #D:6 TN:4 HR:11 S:4

+5 dice if its for hearing: 23 10 04 02 02 #D:5 TN:4 HR:23 S:3
grendel
Perception: 5, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 2, 2
Grey
Sorry if Jessie came off commanding, it wasn't ment to be that way. Shes just the Face and its her turn to get things done.
Fortune
Perception: 3, 4, 4, 4, 4, 9

Stealth (complimentary perception): 1, 2, 4, 5

Grey: Don't get me wrong. I'm totally cool with how you are playing Jessie. That goes for everyone else too. I was just responding as I feel Danny would. He's pretty easy-going, but if he really had a problem, he'd speak his mind about it. smile.gif
Leowulf
I didn't realize that Jessie was a 'face' type. Sorry if I upstaged you somehow.
Fortune
What did you think she was?
Shadow
Well, as you may have surmised this ends are little drama. I hope all of you had as much fun playing in it as I did running it. I would like to point out that very few games "finish" on this board. I thank you all for posting often and staying interested.

Now for the goodies.

The briefcase contains 210K in UCAS dollars. Since Chance dropped from the game you will have to redo the math to figure the dividend, but it should be divided equally among you.

Everyone also receives 6 points of Karma. You all did a bang up job of playing.

Some notes on my part.

I mentioned early on about the "comm blackout". I thought for sure this would be ignored by the decker and extensive background checks would have been made. You all foiled hours, and I mean hours of planning on my part creating those backgrounds. Ah well.

I really was impressed with the caliber of players heer, I get to game with some of you almost immediately, others will have to wait, but I eagerly anticipate meeting you all again in the shadows.

It has been an honor and a pleasure to run Exiles Hope. I thank you.

-Shadow
Fortune
It was a good game Shadow. Thanks for running it for us. smile.gif
grendel
According to my math, that comes out to nuyen.gif 35,000 each.
Fortune
Mine too...works for me! smile.gif
Leowulf
I dunno. I guess I forgot that Jessie was a face. I remember you posting that before, now.

It was good playing with all of you guys. This makes the first game that I've played in that actually finished. It feels good.

Shadow, it's funny that you should mention breaking the 'no contact with your other contacts' rule. I thought about it, but decided no to, since it would be out of character for Blackjack. Some of my other characters would have been on the phone as soon as Blaze left. What did you have planned?
Shadow
Well I didn't think about phone calls at all. I thought you would have done more on the matrix. Looked up who your employer was through his son. Or looked up some info on Blaze and his team.

The real gold was on who your employer was. Sadly I can not disclose it now *sigh* but it was cool smile.gif
Jr. Woodchuck
Even though I didn't post as often as in previous adventures. Some due to time constraints some due to Delacroix new "odd" behavior. I really appreicate the opportunity to continually grow Delacroix with you Shadow. ...and yes I do look forward to our "wrap up" session with Delacroix.
Shadow
Ok, this will be the last time I post hear and I have a question for you guys.

If we played on a tabletop I could tell what you though about the different aspects of the game just by looking at your faces, but thats not the case here. So I need some feedback, did you like the adventure, why did you like it? Did you like the cut scenes in the begining, did you like the npcs?

Anything at all will help me grow as a GM and improve my games in the future.
Jr. Woodchuck
Shadow,

This will make no sense to anyone else. What I respect most about you as a GM is your constant attention to helping my character grow. Thru numerous e-mails Delacroix has grown into something very unique, and I really think its awesome that you've been so receptive to my ideas as I have been to yours. We play off each other well. ...and you give each of us an amount of personal freedom and responsibility that makes the roleplaying experience very enjoyable.

Thanks.
Fortune
Can someone please give me a half-decent description of Zoe. For example, height, weight, hair and eye color, outstanding augmentations, etc.?
Fortune
As to the game, I think you (and everyone) did a fine job. I really enjoyed playin' with y'all. smile.gif

As to suggestions: It might be an idea to keep everyone abreast of the actual time in-game, as there was some minor confusion over it.
grendel
The original picture I used for Zoe is of Jewel, the singer. She's human normal, blonde hair, brown eyes. Cyber/bioware list follows.

Cyberware:
Commlink VIII (alpha)
Encryption rating 8
Transducer (alpha)
Telephone (alpha)
Smartlink II (alpha)
Datajack (alpha)
300 Mp headware memory (alpha)
Orientation System (alpha)
Internal GPS (alpha)

Bioware:
Cat's Eyes
Cerebral Booster II

I have no specific criticisms of the game, Shadow, it was your usual quality product. More important than your grasp of the rules, which is excellent, is your grasp of the characters and how they act. This makes it easy for you to move them around as necessary during your GM posts. It makes the story flow much better.

As for the no legwork, since it was Zoe that requested it and Grendel trusts her, I didn't push the issue. Had it been anyone else, the Johnson for instance, that requested it, I would have had no problem disregarding that order. Since every runner knows that the Johnsons are out to screw you in the end.
Fortune
QUOTE (grendel)
The original picture I used for Zoe is of Jewel, the singer. She's human normal, blonde hair, brown eyes.

My hero, thanks. smile.gif

One more question, cause I don't want to dig through the thread. What was the rating/stats/whatever on the Comm Unit we each received?
grendel
Sorry, no idea. Not sure we even specified a rating. smile.gif
Fortune
That's cool. Thanks anyway.
Grey
I think it was rating 6, IIRC.
TinkerGnome
Shadow told me earlier that we didn't get to keep the gear. Which is where my cash is going wink.gif (well, some of it, anyway).
Fortune
That's news to me. I'm definitely sure that nobody informed Danny about that little caveat. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012