Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exiles Hope
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Shadow
A great number of these games fail, I have a 1/3 record, I have managed to finish one. That was with the help of some highly dedicated players though. So in that light this is designed to be a short run, with dedicated people we could finish it within the month of November. Please read the rules below so that everyone understands where I am coming from.

1. 125 point characters - no becks no sum to 10
2. Your welcome to use a current character of up to 50 karma (see #1 if you don't have a current character).

3. No phys add mage's
4. You can by power (spell) points with money but no karma purchasing before the game.
5. Alpha is the highest grade for cyber ware, no beta, no delta
6. Availability 9 for equipment
7. I want finished characters only with the 20 questions answered. Characters need to be on nice clean sheets, the NSCRG web format is not acceptable
8. You get 2 'bonus' Karma points if you send me a 500 word history with your character.
9. No custom gear.
10. I will post a minimum of 5 times a week. R/L could interfere but I will let you know if I cant post for more than a day or two. I can only post if you do though so I expect everyone who plays to post at least 5 times a week.
11. Deckers welcome!

E-mail completed characters kelvaris@dragonbaitstudio.com

The rules are subject to change and I am the sole arbiter of characters. If I say it doesn't go, it doesn't go.

A story post will follow soon.
Grey
What is the general storyline and setting? I may get a character going for this, but I want to have a clue as to what you'd be looking for.
Shadow
Fare question:

The game will be set in 2063 "current time". It will be in and around the Seattle Metroplex. It may span the NAN border and there may be some ocean going involved.

Characters I would like to see are

1 Rigger
1 Face
1 Mage/Shaman
1 Decker
2 Sams of variety

I am not puting a limit on the number of people who can play, if I get 7 characters then 7 people get to play. By no means are players restricted to the character types above, be what ever you want to be as long as it follows the character creation rules I have put forth.
Jr. Woodchuck
I'll be set, you already know who i'm playing i'm sure smile.gif

Delacroix, Mage Extrodinare.
Shadow
Sweet, welcome aboard Woodchuck. That's 1.
TinkerGnome
Hmm... good chance for me to try out a good ole' vehicle rigger or sammy. What are the gear rules? Avail 9, I know, but bioware? Cultured, not cultured?
Shadow
If it's not specifically mentioned then standard rules apply, i.e.no cultured bioware. But hek, if you can give me a good reason why he would have it then I might just say go, but make it a good reason. So can I count you in TKG?
Grey
I'll take the Face spot. smile.gif
Shadow
Ok so far we have

Jr. Woodchuck = Mage
TKG = Street Sam
Grey = Face
Chance359
I'd like to be the other sam if thats possible.
Kurb
I guess I could try the decker spot. If not then a sammy spot would be nice.
TinkerGnome
QUOTE (Shadow)
If it's not specifically mentioned then standard rules apply, i.e.no cultured bioware. But hek, if you can give me a good reason why he would have it then I might just say go, but make it a good reason. So can I count you in TKG?

I want lotz uf c00l stufz cuz eye am uber-3l33t |\|i|\|j/-\.

Err... no. You can count me in, I was just wondering before I got down to the designing wink.gif Sammies tend not to need a lot of the fancy stuff. Wired 2 and smart II with some eye and ear mods and you're good to go.
grimshear
So Woodchuck: did Del ever get over that brush with the vamp? nyahnyah.gif

Grim Shear
"What do you think he'd do if I poured eggs in his pants while he was 'out'?"
Cheese Emperor
I'd like to try out a human mage with a heavy Tolkien influence. Should be a fun character to play.
Shadow
QUOTE (Shadow @ Oct 24 2003, 11:04 AM)
Ok so far we have

Jr. Woodchuck = Mage
TKG = Street Sam
Grey = Face

Grim did you want a spot?

Chance, are you the same chance from the forum before last? Also: you got the second Sam spot.

Kurb you have the Decker slot... but you don't sound to enthused....

Cheese... we have a mage already and I would prefer just one in the party, if you want to do a shaman or an adept that would be fine let me know.

So far:

Jr. Woodchuck = Mage
TKG = Street Sam
Chance = Street Sam
Grey = Face
Grendel: Rigger/Adept
Kurb: Decker???
Grimshear:???
Fortune:???

Ok a couple of things. Ok I think thats enough, 8 is fine. Also just as a reminder in my games we follow the strictest guidelines of PG-13. Grim, Grendel, and Jr are aware of this but I would prefer it if you chose to cuss you use shadowrun slang for it. My wife enjoys reading these games I run and I choose not to allow bad language around her smile.gif Call me old fashioned. I thank you for your cooperation in advanced.

Also I have a very strict inter player relationship rule. Unless you plan on pulling the trigger or you have a damn good reason, do not pull a gun or cast an unfriendly spell against other players. It never ends well. Try to make characters who are professional and act it.

If you have anyquestions please post them here in the forum so that everyon can get the benefit of them.

Ooh I am so excited it's been months since I ran a game biggrin.gif
Digital Heroin
Just a question, because I was a bit turned off by it on first sight... why no PsyAds?
Fortune
QUOTE (Digital Heroin)
Just a question, because I was a bit turned off by it on first sight... why no PsyAds?

I believe the restriction is on Phys-Mages...Adepts of the Magical Way type dudes.
grendel
Sent you email, Shadow. I'm taking the rigger slot. Not to preclude another rigger from participating, though. You can never have too many riggers. smile.gif
Shadow
QUOTE (Fortune @ Oct 24 2003, 10:48 PM)
QUOTE (Digital Heroin @ Oct 25 2003, 03:06 PM)

I believe the restriction is on Phys-Mages...Adepts of the Magical Way type dudes.

Thats correct Fortune, no phys adds of the magical path.

Grendel get's the noprize for having his character in first!

Current players and characters

Jr. Woodchuck = Delecroix (Mage)
TKG = Street Sam
Chance = Street Sam
Grey = Face
Grendel: Grendel (Rigger)
Kurb: Decker???
Grimshear:???
Fortune:???

Additional rules note: While I don't use Rayguns rules for ammo or weapons, weapons from his site that fit the availibility critera are certainly welcome.
Digital Heroin
Ahh... hell, Sorcery's a waste of PsyAd potential if you ask me anyway... *nod* I'd toss my hat in the ring, but I may be gone all of next week... frown.gif
Shadow
Ok DH whip me something up and your in.

No more though, game is closed.
Fortune
You're moving kind of fast here. I don't know if I'll be able to get you a character before the end of the weekend. My computer time is somewhat limited at the moment. frown.gif
Shadow
Don't worry Fortune, I am just putting up the story post to wet the appetitie. I have only recieved one character so far.

Just out of curiosity, you mentioned earlier your books were around the world.... where are you?
Fortune
I'm in Sydney, Australia, but my books (the ones not scattered to the winds) are in Florida. indifferent.gif
grendel
Well, you know what they say. Fortune favors the Aussies. Or something like that. smile.gif

For those of you making new characters, I suggest that we take a contact in common, most likely a fixer. If for no other reason than to make bookkeeping easy on Shadow. I have two fixers, Zoe and Slade. Most of my other contacts are background-specific and it would seem terribly contrived if we all of a sudden knew each other through them.
Leowulf
I'd like to enter as an alternate in case one of your players who does not yet have a character has to drop out. I can play a decker or a mage. The mage has a custom firearm, but I can just not use it. The decker has 4 cyberarms. Is that ok? I got inspired by a picture in CC. The rules don't specifically say that you can't do that, but I'll only enter the decker if having 4 arms is ok with you.
Shadow
That's fine Leo, your alternate number 2
Shadow
@ Grendel a fine idea. If everyone could do that it would certainly make things a bit easier on me.

@ Fortune You can use the NSRCG Fortune, just don't send me the html page of the character, it's a bit convaluted. Your also welcome to use characters you have played before. I still have Danny somewhere if you want to play him.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Chance and Grim to confirm if there in.
Chance359
I'm still interested. I should be able to get a character out to you tomorrow night.

Grendel, could you tell us about your contacts so that it would be eaiser for us to work them into our backgrounds.
Fortune
I was definitely planning on using NSRCG. smile.gif

Don't worry about the html though. I dislike the way it is laid out so very rarely use it unless I have to.

As for Danny, that's a really good idea. Using him will save you from having too many Gun Bunnies. Let me find where I stashed him on the web and look him over. I'm sure he could use a few minor adjustments (if you don't mind).
Shadow
Nope don't mind at all.

Can everyone else give me an idea where there at?

I have Grendels character, and Fortune has an idea of whathe wants. Anyone else?
Fortune
That's cool. I should be able to get back to you relatively soon with any necessary changes. smile.gif
Digital Heroin
Need to run something by you first... bit of a doozy, so it may be a no outright...
grendel
Zoe is a fixer's fixer, she grew up in marketing for Fuchi America before jumping ship and going into business for herself. She maintains a healthy network of contacts, both legal and illegal, but all local.

Slade, on the other hand, came up from the wrong side of the street. He was a runner for four years before retiring on to the sidelines as supporting cast. His network of informants and contacts stretch into CalFree as well as cities further East.
Chance359
Dumb question (I'm full of them I swear), but when you say no custom gear, how do you fell about weapons from Raygun's page?
Shadow
QUOTE (Shadow)

Additional rules note: While I don't use Rayguns rules for ammo or weapons, weapons from his site that fit the availibility critera are certainly welcome.

There you go.
TinkerGnome
I'll have you a background before the day's out, Shadow. Right now I'm trying to figure out if I really want to play a character with 0.01 essence or not wink.gif I'm thinking yes. (I'm definitely a sammy, by the way)
grendel
Heh. Well, as long as I'm requesting things, how about one of you street sam's taking launch weapons (spotter) skill. Or maybe battletac cyberware. Or, if you really wanted to be useful, how about snakeyes? smile.gif
Chance359
I've already planning a Troll Sam with Launch weapons.
TinkerGnome
[edit] Took a minute for that to sink in wink.gif [/edit]
Digital Heroin
I'm out... had hoped to ressurect a fav of mine, but the numbers aren't flowing... and I'm gone for until Friday... don't want to hold up yet another game... be well people... don't do anything I wouldn't do nyahnyah.gif
Grey
Sorry for being slow with getting a character going, my weekend was busy. I'll have my Face pumped out today however.
TinkerGnome
QUOTE (Grey)
I'll have my Face pumped out today however.

That sounds disgusting. In many different ways.
Shadow
Well happy Monday to everyone. I would like everyone to get there characters to me as quick as they can. If you want to make changes after you submit them that's fine. I would like to get the game going before the end of the week. And if I have an idea of what everyone is I'll be good to go.

Thanks.
TinkerGnome
Here's a good question I should have asked earlier. Do you have a good character sheet for us to use? If not, I'll be .txt-ing it tonight and sending it on as quickly as I can. The blasted character is something like six pages long, though, so it might take me a while.
Shadow
Uhm, I use word and I don't really have a template created. I just use collums and then type away. May I recomend cutting & pasting as much as possible. I will also take a look on line and see if there isn't somethign I can find. Mainly I just want the character sheet nice, clean and tidy so it is easy to look over. It doesn't have to be fancy, just easy to read.
Grey
Yeah, that is a good point, I always use NSRCG...
TinkerGnome
I'd have asked what your email address is, but I found it on the web site wink.gif

I'll email you the 90% I have tonight, at least. If I can, I'll get it to 100%.
Shadow
I found some character sheets online. They are in word 6 so if you have word 97, 2000 or 2002 you should be able to open them.

Character Sheets

Shadow
Ok some things:

@Grendel I don't have R3 so I am going to rely on you for rules that are specific to that set.

@ everyone else Still no characters. I would like to see them asap. This isn't a game that is supposed to run for months and months. It is supposed to be quick and fun. So let's get those characters in.

The IC thread is started and for now it is just me posting "cut scenes" on it. But as I give you the okay. I want you to post what your character is up to. The date for those who want to know is....

04Nov63 - Morning.

Grendel your welcome to post and IC for your character. And I am still waiting on the info about Zoe.

Posting in the IC:
No Sigs Please If you accidently forget you can edit your post to remove your sig.

If you edit your post after you make it, please check the edit tag box so people know to read it again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012