Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hacker Theory
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Cheops
Of course we are missing the one major equalizing factor for TMs...

Resonance Quests.

It's an ability that any TM who undergoes submersion gets.

Now it kinda depends on how willing your GM is willing to go on this one but the potentials are there. Need an untraceable tap? Get the TM to go to the Cosmic Switchboard and hunt down the phone line you want to tap. Need some help cracking a big firewall? Send the TM to the Crack Realm to find the code for a powerful Free Crack Sprite.

I've mentioned this on the boards before but I ran a game with a player who had a Private Eye TM. They had to track down and recover a senator's son who'd run off to militia boot camp. So the TM took a jaunt down to the Data Archive Realm and picked the kid up in Pittsburg. Followed the data trail to the airport, onto the plane, to Sea-Tac, and finally to the Boot Camp's firewall where a bunch of IC kicked him out finally.
Dashifen
I've never even thought of using the Resonance Realms in that way. Interesting. I'm holding out for Emergence before I do much with the such things in the hope that information therein might enhance my understanding of exactly what the devs wanted to do with them other than make a matrix-version of the metaplanar quest.
Cheops
At the very least they'd be one hell of a Redirect Trace action.
Slump
QUOTE (Cheops)
At the very least they'd be one hell of a Redirect Trace action.

What do you mean the IP Address was '1'?!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012