Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back to the Future II
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Grinder
Emoticons are great, I think. biggrin.gif

I as a GM love to be vague and mysterious and all that too, but as a player it's annyoing. wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Yeah I know, I only to it when it's proper for the character. In this case, it's proper for the character. nyahnyah.gif
Grinder
That's what I usually say, too...
fistandantilus4.0
Hey Grind, you need to chack out Plan B's edit, and edit your own post accordingly/

That's what I usually say, too...

yeah, us GMs are all liars
Grinder
Done. smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Astral Sight:
You see the astral plane, and some evidence of taint there, although the area would still be considered "open"
Grinder
No problem. smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
biggrin.gif Edited. Posting to get your attention
Grinder
Got my attention anyway. biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
sweet

For Astral sight ,a 6 is required to see the astral plane. Anything else, you need t obeat spell defense.

Morgana NEEDS to get a skill in oration or something.
Lady Door
You can bet your sweet tookuss I'm getting one.
Grinder
Astral Sight of a windling seems to be working a little different, at least that's how I run it: you need a success grade lower then with other methods. So if you need a 10 to beat the SD of someone, a windling would need only a 7 (iirc, don't have the chart handy).

Anyway, to get an impression what's up with the Elder a 7 should be enough wink.gif

And yes, Morgana should get Rhetoric or some such.
fistandantilus4.0
Look at the troubadour go.

Now if we could only find someone for the Windmaster to annoy...
Where's that ork milita man....

The only 'sweet tookuss' I have is yours... sooo..... I don't really see any benefit for my betting.
Grinder
Artisan skill? Wtf.. now I know, what I forgot to write down. biggrin.gif

I'll take Body Painting. Rank 3 is ok?

Windmasters are never annoying, all they do follows a plan. wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Grinder)

Anyway, to get an impression what's up with the Elder a 7 should be enough wink.gif

page refernce?
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Grinder)

You think I'm letting you off THAT EASY!?!?!
Grinder
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
QUOTE (Grinder @ Mar 29 2007, 01:46 AM)

You think I'm letting you off THAT EASY!?!?!

Yup. biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Well, I will give you an artisan skill. BUt that shit is gonna be at Rank 1 pally. YOU should know better. wink.gif

Of course, I should have caught it too, which is why I'm allowing you to spontaneously learn a skill.

BUt I'll get even. Get you, and your little dog too.
Grinder
QUOTE (Grinder @ Mar 29 2007, 01:45 AM)

page refernce?

Well, I only have the EPC here (but at least as a PDF, sweet copy'n'paste).

Astral-Sensitive Sight
The character can sense astral imprints and patterns. Astral-Sensitive Sight is magical perception, translating sensory information into visual cues. The character does not actually use his eyes for Astral-Sensitive Sight; a physically blind character
could still “see” astrally. Astral-Sensitive Sight has a range of 10 yards.
To perceive astral imprints, the character makes a Perception (6) Test. If the test succeeds, the character senses the imprints of every object within his field of vision. The imprint of an object provides only the most basic information — an object’s size, shape, and location, and whether or not the item is magically active (all
living things and magic items are magically active).
In order to learn more information, the character must focus on a specific imprint and make another Perception Test. If the result of this test exceeds the target’s Spell Defense, the character senses the target’s pattern.
A character using Astral-Sensitive Sight can learn if a given item is magical, but a character using this ability cannot gain any information about the item’s history or learn any of the item’s Key Knowledges (see the Thread Magic chapter, p. 265, for more
information on Key Knowledges and magic items).

Page 258: The precision and clarity of Astral-Sensitive Sight offers ample compensation for its limited range and power. Other astral sensing abilities may enable an adept to detect and observe subjects with higher Spell Defense ratings, but Astral-Sensitive Sight is more sensitive and will usually reveal more details of a subject’s pattern. For example, details that would normally be visible on an Excellent result may be visible to Astral-Sensitive sight on an Average result. The gamemaster determines the specific benefits of Astral-Sensitive Sight, based on the needs of his game.
Grinder
Well, I will give you an artisan skill. BUt that shit is gonna be at Rank 1 pally. YOU should know better. wink.gif

Of course, I should have caught it too, which is why I'm allowing you to spontaneously learn a skill.

BUt I'll get even. Get you, and your little dog too.

Hehe, I let my players trying to do so too.

Rank 1 is... uhm... ok. At least now I know where to spend my legend points on. biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
proof.gif
QUOTE (Earthdawn BBB Pg 54 Astral-Sensitive Sight - windling)
The character "sees" the astral imprint of every object within his range of vision,to a range of 10 yards, with a Spell defense less than or equal to  the Perception Test result.
Lady Door
eek.gif Oh no, he didn'.... *snap*
Grinder
read.gif
For example, details that would normally be visible on an Excellent result may be visible to Astral-Sensitive sight on an Average result. The gamemaster determines the specific benefits of Astral-Sensitive Sight, based on the needs of his game.

Ok, it states "may be". So it's based on your gamemaster's handwaving.
fistandantilus4.0
Page please? And book to clarify.

Elder Hommond nods again

That guy has a strong neck. Does a lot of nodding sagely.

Edit: And in this case, you didn't make an "average " success either. wink.gif
But get me a reference and we'll look at it for future reference.
Lady Door
Elder Hammond is a BOBBLEHEAD DOLL! Noooooooooooooo!
eek.gif
Grinder
Page please? And book to clarify.

It's from RedBrick Earthdawn Players Compendium, page 258. I don't have one of the 1st editons main ruelbooks here, so I can't give you a page reference atm. But I'll see what I can get later today.

It's not that important atm, I just want that we get a common ground about windling's astral sight.

Grinder
QUOTE (Plan B)
Elder Hammond is a BOBBLEHEAD DOLL! Noooooooooooooo!
eek.gif

rotfl.gif
Grinder
Tattooing as an Artisan Skill is even cooler, I think. Especially when you roll badly. biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Grinder)
RedBrick Earthdawn Players Compendium, page 258.

[Red-neck-hick-accent/voice]'Wale ya' shee, thar's yer prob-lem rite thar'.[/Red-neck-hick-accent/voice]

I have Earthdawn -Fasa. Until some nice lady gets me a new big nice shiny bok for my Birthday, this is what I got.
fistandantilus4.0
Grind yo umay need to edit that IC post a bit with Alysha's "revealing" IC post
Lady Door
QUOTE (Ben)
I have Earthdawn -Fasa. Until some nice lady gets me a new big nice shiny bok for my Birthday, this is what I got.

Hint taken. wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Sweet. See, told you she was nice. biggrin.gif
Grinder
Yep, you did and yep, she is. biggrin.gif

Great last post, btw. I can see all the man staring at a "half-naked" woman and thinking of a reason to touch her. biggrin.gif
Grinder

That's ok (and there shouldn't be much of a change in this case), but as I said: mine are not here atm. But for you, I'll get them back and have a look soon.
fistandantilus4.0
yeah, you're sweet too Bunny. wink.gif biggrin.gif
Grinder
Sometimes, yes. wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Grinder, she's editing the Singing threa.d you may need to adjust again.

Those girls ya know, gotta have things "just right".
biggrin.gif

*smack*
frown.gif Sooorryyy hooooneyyy
Grinder
Ah, no problem.
fistandantilus4.0
I'm having so much fun with the Council of Dirty Old Men

my companion and I are quite comfortable sharing a room

I don't think we'll see Ralo pitching a fit any time soon.
Grinder
The council is great! grinbig.gif Reminds of Ank-Morpork a lot.
Lady Door
I love.gif loves love.gif the Terry Pratchett!
Grinder
Who doesn't? smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Grinder)
The council is great! grinbig.gif Reminds of Ank-Morpork a lot.

That's kind of what I was going for. Now if only someone had some luggage.... God I love the luggage.
Grinder
Well, if the village has a Wizard...
fistandantilus4.0
well Morgana is a wizard. Ask her what she's got in her trunk wink.gif

" So.... all alone in the room... wanna... show m e your back"

*smack*
Ralo bounces off the wall

*ow*

"i menat I want to see what's on it!"

"oh, oops"
Lady Door
Grinder... for your latest post... see my post right before yours.
Grinder
Edited it.
Grinder
well Morgana is a wizard. Ask her what she's got in her trunk wink.gif

" So.... all alone in the room... wanna... show m e your back"

*smack*
Ralo bounces off the wall

*ow*

"i menat I want to see what's on it!"

"oh, oops"

rotfl.gif

Wonder if a windling could...uhm... satisfy... a non-windling woman. eek.gif grinbig.gif
Lady Door
Let's not think about it, shall we?

Tag you're it, Grinder.
Grinder
We shouldn't think about it now, agreed. grinbig.gif

But it's a question that brought up in our campaign regularly, after the windling-player found out, that female windlings are so damn rare.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012