Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back to the Future II
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Grinder
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Dropping her attempts to attune in sheer frustration, Morgana instead pulls her sword from it's scabbard.
Screw that. Moving on...

rotfl.gif

Additional 50 Legend Points for everyone, for remarks including :

"screw that, Matrices suck"

"hey you're a windling!"

And multiple humorous hunger related remarks.

rotfl.gif

That's great smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Note to Grinder/Ralo -

I left it out of the description of the citadel for some reason, but the interior is domed. In other wordsd, there's no courtyard you can land in on the inside .The place has a domed roof.]

Wouldn't be much good for a citadel if flying horros could just come in side after all.

Apologies for forgetting to mention that.
Grinder
I never tought anything else wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Groovy

And to my knowledge, there's nothing that says that a light quartz must be reignited. Perhaps I missed something but I thought they were just enchanted crystal that may burn out over hundreds of years. So don't take that as any kind of unintentional clue. embarrassed.gif
Grinder
Ok. Wasn't sure myself and too tired yesterday to have a look at the books. Maybe I confuse it with Living Crystal Armor... Anyway..
fistandantilus4.0
Living Crystal does need to be 'fed' or whatever by a weapon smith. Doesnt mean that light quartzs don't, but not that I'm aware of.
Grinder
Current state: confused.

Have to check that tomorrow.
ludomastro
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 in IC thread. Emphasis mine)

It takes quite an amout of self control for Alexander to simply walk calmly out of town .Years at the fogre have taught him patience however, and so, concentrating on simply putting one foot in front of the otherm he walks in to the sunset, and out of Coel.
Thiry minutes later he finds the blasted elm. Just as Bryce said, under one of it's exposed roots holds a bundle with his personal belongings, as well as his sword and mail. No sign of the elf girl though

Do those personal belongings include tools?
fistandantilus4.0
I'd say that any smith would have a small set of travel tools which he would have included. Weaponsmiths are supposed to travel a lot, so yes, there would be a basic set of smith tools.

Good idea. If you come up with some interesting way of using them, I'll giv you some extra LP. Just remember that a weaponsmith will never use a weapon for anyting but it's intended use. So no swords as crowbars, that sort of thing.
ludomastro

Just remember that a weaponsmith will never use a weapon for anyting but it's intended use. So no swords as crowbars, that sort of thing.

He would never!!

Matter of fact, I wouldn't either.
fistandantilus4.0
50LP for both of you then. unfortunately only Alexander can acutally use LP. But you can put them on your shelf if you like. biggrin.gif
ludomastro
50LP for both of you then. unfortunately only Alexander can acutally use LP. But you can put them on your shelf if you like. biggrin.gif

*Puts LP on shelf.*
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Alex)
Careful now boy. You see how the metal has gotten hot and how unpredictable it is? You have to take care of it for it to temper right and make good steel. Yes, master. A lesson to take from this is that women are far more unpredictable and their tempers can be far worse. Alexander, looks at Morgana and says, Ma'am, I think that your idea is a lovely one. Please continue.

rotfl.gif 50 LP
Grinder
Yeah, first laugh of the day. rotfl.gif
Grinder
There's a bark at the otherside of the door. A deep one. It is followed by the sounds of more sniffing. Another dog.

Great, just great. indifferent.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Just so you know, Alex's computer is oing to be in the shop fo a day or two. He sent me a message last night. He's expecting it tomorrow
Grinder
On sunday?

Well, I was going to write about something else. Now I forgot. And feel old.
Lady Door
biggrin.gif Don't worry. BE HAPPY! *Look, I'm being optimistic!!* grinbig.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Well, Saturday for us in the "Real World"

wink.gif

Wish I knew how to do that 'TM'stamp
Grinder
That's good. smile.gif

At least the door is still locked, that gives us time to plan.
Grinder
Well, Saturday for us in the "Real World"

wink.gif

Ah, the joys of different time zones. wobble.gif
Lady Door
QUOTE (Grinder)
At least the door is still locked, that gives us time to plan.

Don't say that! You don't know how his evil little GM mind works! Now, we're going to hear something along the lines of:
"As Morgana starts to cast her first spell, you hear the unmistakable sound of the metal door creaking open."
AAHHHHHH! I'm giving him ideas! AHHHHHHHHHHH! *runs away*
fistandantilus4.0
20LP to Plan B for being crazy. That seems to be going around lately.
Grinder
I know how GM minds work, believe me. grinbig.gif
No need to be afraid yet, there's just a bunch of dogs waiting for us. The scarier things will come later - it's a dungeon crawl, remember? biggrin.gif
Lady Door
Need I remind you that you are a 2 foot tall chew toy with wings? Hmm?
Grinder
Ha, as if they can jump that high!

No I remember what I wanted to post earlier: how high is the room where going in? Any chance to estimate it from the outside?
fistandantilus4.0
Depending on ceiling height, the place would be three stories. But since the ceilings on the frist level were very high, it should be 2 stories, high ceilings. The stair well goes up in to the towers, which would be another level above the main two floors.
Grinder
That means it's high enough that a leaping dog couldn't reach Ralo if he flies close to the ceiling?
fistandantilus4.0
Ever seen a Great Dane stnad up on it's hind legs?
Lady Door
No, but I've seen one 'stand' up before.

..hehehe... yeah, I know.. back in my cage. *sigh*
Grinder
Ever seen a Great Dane stnad up on it's hind legs?

No, but a guy I know has Wolfshund (wolf dog) - fucking impressive, but certainly not able to reach a flying windling that is 5 or 6 meters up in the air.

fistandantilus4.0
Great Dane stand s over 6 feet on it's hind legs. You don't have 5 or 6 meters though. You mave 3-4. Now if the hounds are that big and can jump well...

vegm.gif
Grinder
3-4 meters? Damn, I was hoping it was a higher room. Time to start Distract then, I guess. cool.gif
fistandantilus4.0
If you recall, I said that it was apparently made to be tall enough fora troll, even though it wasn't wide enough. Which would put it around 10-12 feet. The light quartz are up at the top near the ceilings, giving their scant illmination around the full area. Not much of a place to hide, unless you can fit behind the quartz. And not a lot of extra room, if you've got maybe five feet from a dog's mouth, and you're two feet tall. Not saying you're dog food, but just remember the dimensions.
Lady Door
Like I said... two foot tall chew toy. smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Bet he squeeks too!
Grinder
Bet he squeeks too!

Whatever you want, whatever you want. biggrin.gif

Didn't have the dimensions ready, but 10-12 feet is not much space. Damn.
Grinder
And why don't we have a good Beastmaster with us?
fistandantilus4.0
pont your finger at your self. beastmaster/weaponsmith isn't exactly an easy leap, and the elf already has three disciplines. wink.gif I can just imagine the the windling beastmaster trying to befriend a dog.'THere ya go boy, Gooood boy.. no no no, don't chew me, bad boy!"
Grinder
Maybe I would have learned a few circles of the Beastmaster discipline, but you weren't so generous with circles. biggrin.gif

fistandantilus4.0
I'm sorry... what was that? What circle is your starting character again?
fistandantilus4.0
Maybe I would have learned a few circles of the Beastmaster discipline, but you weren't so generous with circles. I wanted to play a muchkiny little archer instead. biggrin.gif

There, fixed. wink.gif
ludomastro
I'm back!!
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Alex)
Hello there. Aren't you a big one

There's your beast master Grinder! grinbig.gif

25LP for making me laugh my ass of
Grinder
Maybe I would have learned a few circles of the Beastmaster discipline, but you weren't so generous with circles. I wanted to play a muchkiny little archer instead. biggrin.gif

There, fixed. wink.gif

That would have been my response too. rotfl.gif love.gif
ludomastro
Can Alexander still hear hounds behind the door?

Answered via PM: Yes.

Nevermind.
fistandantilus4.0
..and now the waiting for Grinder begins....
Grinder
Melee Weapons, Rank 4, Step 11 (+3 Agg. Att.), 14, d20+d4, Result: 11, 4, re-roll 1 Total: 16 (+ 1 karma {Use for Dexterity allowed}) d6, Result: 5 Total: 21

For Dexterity-only tests, not for talents or skills based on Dexterity.
fistandantilus4.0
huh, I never realized that. That makes it a lot less usefull. I'll ahve to read over that a bit more than

FYI, we're going to be a bit more hit and iss over the next two weeks. Our kids will all be here fro mUtah so we'll have a bit less time per day, what with 3 kdis instead of one. More details later.
fistandantilus4.0
Grinder I really need you to post your complete char sheet on the thread. I keep having to look stuff up in my email. Your char sheet doesn't even have your defense ratings on it ,so I have to look those up to. Take pity on your poor GM sir!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012