Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back to the Future II
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Grinder
I think we need a OOC-thread for this one too.

Ralos complete description:

Description of Ralo
Being slender even for a windling, Ralo stands 19 inches high and weights around 10 pounds. His skin is currently of a bright light blue, while his long and wild hair has a deep yellow color. Ralo sports several tattoos: a tiny sun around his right eye, a pattern of interweaving circles on this left lower arm and a stylized heart on his right upper arm. All tattoos are clearly the work of a windling, other name-givers won't be able to tattoo such fine lines and many details.
Ralo wears a light white shirt and light red pants, in which whirling blue patterns are woven. Both shirt and pants are made of linen.
His wings shimmer silver with a hint of gold, like threads, in it.

Stats

Dexterity (17)
Perception (15)
Strength (7)
Willpower (15)
Toughness (12)
Charisma (17)

Physical Defense: 11
Spell Defense: 8
Social Defense: 9

Physical Armor: 3
Mystic Armor: 2

Death Rating: 88
Uncon. Rating: 68
Wound Threshold: 9

Windmaster
First Circle:
Avoid Blow (D) 6
Dive Attack (D) 6
Karma Ritual 5
Melee Weapons (D) 5
Wood Skin (D) 5
Acrobatic Strike 5
Second Circle:
Anticipate Blow (D) 5
Durability (9/7) 6
Distract 5
Third Circle:
Buzz (D) 6
Fireblood 5
Fourth Circle:
Thread Weaving (Wind
Weaving) (D)
Taunt 4
Fifth Circle:
Fast Grab (D) 3
Ritual of the Ghost
Master (D)
Tiger Spring 4
Archer
First Circle:
Karma Ritual -
Missile Weapons (D) 3
Mystic Aim (D) 3
True Shot (D) 3
Throwing Weapons 1
Wind Dance 3
Second Circle:
Durability (6/5) -
Direction Arrow (D) 2
Steel Thought 3
Skills:
Disarm 3
Navigation 3
Speak Language 6
Trap Initiative 2
Dead Fall 2
Fast Grab 3
Rhetoric 3
Horror Lore 2
Magic Lore 4
Kaer Lore 4
Scourge History 3
Barsaive History 4
Barsaive Politics 4
Trade Routes 3

Background

Ralogatol was born in a small windling community close to Urupa maybe 50 years
ago. He spent his child- and youthhood in his home village, with occassional travels
to the small towns surrounding Urupa and once to the „Pearl of the Aras Coast“
itself. He was impressed how huge the city was, how many name-givers made a
living there and how nearly endless the ocean appeared. That day, he decided to go
out into the world and to see the wonders of Barsaive (and Thera, maybe too) with
his own eyes.
Around that time it became clear that magic awaken in him, giving him the chance to
become an adept. The village elders decided that he should train as a Windmaster
(they didn’t know about his plans) and he gladly accepted. After his training was
completed and he became a Novice in this discipline, he gathered his family and
closest friends and informed them about his plans. To his surprise, most of them
understood his desire and wished him the Passion’s blessing on his journey, that he
might return home one day and share the wonders he’ve seen.
Obviously, the best place to meet other adepts and adventurers was Urupa –
Ralogatol made teh trip to the impressive city for the second time of his life and
looked out for trustworthy name-givers.
To make a long story short: he found a handful. Together with an ork couple and a
dwarven archer did travel across Barsaive for two years, during which he fought
Theran slavers, found two broken Kaers, won a race at the Serpent River and became
member of a riverboat crew after that. When the orks decided to join the new nation
of Cara Fahd and the dwarf returned to Throal „to life a calmer life and work for the
Great Library of Throal“, Ralogatol traveled back to his home. He told them of his
time as an adventurer and decided to learn more about Barsaive and the Horrors
before he again head out into the world.
Months passed, in which Ralogatol studied, but he felt the call of adventure, felt the
energy rising in him. One day, he packed his gear and left the village again. This time
he ignored Urupa, instead he traveled to Axalalail and set up shop there. He has
worked as a (freelance) member of a riverboat crew of House V’strimon for nearly a
year, travelling around the southern and eastern part of the Serpent River then.
When he met a group of human adventurers who were on the way to Parlainth he
decided to join them and see what wonders, dangers and legends might wait in the
old theran city. He and his new comrades made a few successful trips into the city,
but didn’t stroke rich and disbanded over that, frustrated about their lack of success.
So Ralogatol is again on the look for new companions to travel across Barsaive even
more.
fistandantilus4.0
whiner biggrin.gif

Link to IC thread
Grinder
You wish. biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
FYI, I didin't bother with a second OOC thread because I plan on running the two BTTF threads seperate until the two games conjoin, then run it all in the BTTF 1 thread. Figured it'd be easier that way. So feel free to use the other OOC thread, since you're all gonna be one big happy disfunctional family eventually.
fistandantilus4.0
Morganna's Thread Items

Kaer Breaker
[ Spoiler ]

Dourden's Axe

[ Spoiler ]

BlackRazor

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Grinder, I need an equipment list for your character. I also plan on giving you one thread item. You'll have Rank 1 in it. What it does beyond that, or how strong it really is, you won't know. I intend to make it a weapon though. So what's your flavor? Bow, spear, little windling sword? I figure a 5th circle character should have at least one thread item.
fistandantilus4.0
NPC Guide

K'stalanna Agorii Sotalia V'strimon

K'stalanna of House Vstrimon has resided in Travar for the last 4 years. He is an expert rader, but prefers to ply his skills in different ways than bartering and haggling over prices. This oddity has played havoc in his family, but they managed to find a means for him to be useful to the Aropagoi.

K'stalanna is an accomplished swordsman, although not an adept. he sent a number of years plying the river boat trade, and even a few wandering the plains and jungles of Barsaive. He is good with a blade, and very enthusiatic about it, and also very knowledgable about the region, well and beyond the routes of the Serpent River. So it has become his duty to deal with situations that arise that can efect the house, when outside of their normal boundaries. He's something of an expediter.

He is somewhat outside of the House's normal activites, and given a good deal of autonomy, because he delivers results. His missions are generally of the "strike first, strike last" variety. He is known to hire adepts for missions, especially if his attention is elsewhere.

His skin is a sharp green color, with blue and purple speckles in it's crest. He wears the Blue and Green colors of his house frequently, but often accents them with a cape and hat of crimson. Always he carries the crest of his house, although he does not always wear it. The crest of House V'strimon is a a clump of Green reeds on a blue background.

Alodar
A human man in his 40's, his hair is already graying. he uses dyes to keep it only in the 'wings' of his hair to give him self a more stylized look. His manners are impeccable, and he can summon up great amounts of praise or glowers on a moments notice, as the situation demands. He is one of those people who knows all of the right people to call on for any service, as long as you mean to call for expensive services in the right parts of town of course. And as long as you tip well and discretely.

Some think he may have once been a thief, or perhaps a troubdour. The truth is unknown. He has never demonstrated any of these qualties except that he always seems to be on balance, aware of his surroundings, and has very deft hands. it may be simply that he's very very good at his job. He is currently emplyed at the wine house The Gift of Jaspree. He has the entire winelist and vintages avaialbe memorized, and can usually tell a customer how long it woudl take, and the price, of procuring something more rare.

Oga and Sudgren of Clan StoneClaw

Oga and Sudgren are what most people think of when they think of sky raiders. They are stereotypically vioent and aggressive, with little thought to anyone besides them selves and their clans. They are both large trolls, and brothers that bear absolutely no resemblance to each other. They both also smell as fearsome as they look most of the time.

Oga is of the sky raider discipline, and usually wears out his welcome quite quickly in any civilized part of the region he might choose to visit. His brother Sudgren is a sky raider, and also follows the beast master discipline, and is the brains of the two. What that amounts to is really anyone's guess. But the pair are still around to live up to their reputations as violent troublemakers, so they are either better than they seem, or incredibly lucky.
fistandantilus4.0
Note to Players

Got your attention yet? biggrin.gif

Just letting you know I put in an edit on all 4 of the Back to the Future threads, both IC and OOC. I added a link on the IC threads to their corresponding OOC threads. These links can be found at the top of the first post in both IC threads.

Each OOC thread also links to the IC threads of tracks 1 and 2. Should make it a lot easier than digging through the Forums for the thread you're looking for, since all four are now linked together.
fistandantilus4.0
Elder Hommond
The First Elder of Coel, Elder Hommond is a respected human man long in the years. For a mental image, think of Dumbeldore, but shorten the beard by about a foot. The Elder always wears long stately robes, usually in earth colors. He's known as a very wise man, and is respected by many people in the village. He is serious much of the time, but is also the sort of man who will sit and read to childrem when no one else is around and lieks to snack on hard candys.

Bryce
Bryce is an ork Warrior Adept of the 5th circle. He has not lived in Coel all his life. He moved her seven years ago, from parts unknown, and stayed, for reasons he does not share. He heads the militia now, both for neing the best fighter in the village, and also having a fair and practical mind. His roots remain unknown, he remains unmarried, but treats most of the militamen like family.
ludomastro
Hello all, I am joining you in the Past.

Alexander

BG:
[ Spoiler ]

Attributes
[ Spoiler ]

Other Stats
[ Spoiler ]

Talents by Circle:
[ Spoiler ]
Grinder
No ADM for poor Alex?
fistandantilus4.0
I did not find what you were talking about on their site. Maybe you could provide some linkage?
Grinder
Whatever you want, boss. biggrin.gif

It's called "Discipline Design", btw: http://www.earthdawn.com/downloads/downloa...c3aa7?id=942005
Grinder
Fuck, link doesn't work.

Just go to earthdawn.com and have a look at downloads -> free stuff -> discipline design.
fistandantilus4.0
Alex, there'll be a little bit more you're going to need to add on. WE're almost set. Just need to get you equipment, skills (not to be confused with talents) and explain how the whole artisan skill thing works, and why it's important.

Also ,a reminder, if you post multiple spolers in a post, when you click on 'Edit', everything after the first spoiler tag will dissapear.

Grinder, I do have you char sheet on the pdf you sent me. I had Alex and everyone else post there's under spoilers for ease of reference for me. WHat can I say, I like everything in one place. Par chance could you cut/paste Ralo onto the forums for me?

Bugging Plan B to get a post up now. biggrin.gif

Edit: I'd jump on to messenger, but that isn't working on this comp. Only on min,e which PlB is on ATM.
Grinder
I can copy & paste it, no problem. Into this forum?

I had to delete messenger from my laptop, it slowed down the whole system too much. But I do have ICQ which is running fine.
fistandantilus4.0
That's fine. I don't think the two of us need msngr. I mostly use it to get things rolling. And yes, into the OOC thread.

Anyone else having problems w/ the OOC/IC links? Plan B was getting an error message. She shoudl be posting in a minute BTW Bunny.
Grinder
embarrassed.gif Bunny, he said. grinbig.gif

Yup, already got a reply up.
fistandantilus4.0
Alexander's Thread Items

Father's Pendant
[ Spoiler ]
Grinder
Wohoo, not so fast, please!
fistandantilus4.0
fast Fast FAST!

biggrin.gif DId the windling really say "not so fast"?!
Not over pacing anyone here. There's only so much you can do within the frame of a few seconds. You see the body, notice a few details,and see figures moving away from a tree.
Grinder
You know, I was complaining 'cause I wanted to reply to PlanB's longer posting where Morgana told a longer legend. And zack! we're two days further and see dead bodies everywhere.
Grinder
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
fast Fast FAST!

biggrin.gif DId the windling really say "not so fast"?!

Must be a translation error. grinbig.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Sorry , there'll be more legend times. This second track has been laggin a bit and I wanted to get it caught up. it is now. She's a troubadour, she;ll tell the rest later. Always leave 'em wanting more ya' know.
fistandantilus4.0
Talden Borthers
The brothers Talden, Garen, Mat, and Lott, are three of your average miscreants of the village Coel. Mat , the oldest, at 25, is generally the ring leader of any mischief they get them selves in to. Their father is an old and surly man that runs their family farm with an iron hand, so whenever they get away, they run amok, or about as much of "amok" as they can get away with without fearing a beating from their father.

Lott is the slow witted one of the bunch, and makes up for it with ferocity. Things always get physical with him. Garen, the youngest at 19, is usually the brains. He's "quick as a whip" as they say. But farm life and his brother's mischief usually keep his plannings limited to how to get away with something, or dig them selves out of something. He occassionaly helps Mat work out one of his "business ventures".

Village of Coel
The village of Coel is a farming village in Amand's Valley, a small valley at the northern foothills of the Thunder Mountains in Southern Barsaive. Due to the heavy run off from the rain filled mountains, the crops get plenty of water and are great producers.

Like many such villages, in continues to exist because of it's symbiotic relationship with it's immediate neighbors. Coel produces plenty of grain, milled along the creeks that run down from the mountains by water wheels. They also grow some cottons and produce clothing which is their primary "export" to their neighboring villages of Amand, Vanten, and Jopps'town, located east, north, and south east respectively.

The town's population usually hovers around 150 souls, some going, a rare few coming. Many young folk move off to Travar to become sailors. Some return with stories of failure and hard times, other sare never seen again, for good or ill. The only visitors are the traders that comethrough after the harvest.

Hound's Gate
The Hound's Gate is a "small" Citadel built in the Thunder Mountains. No one bothers to remember it's creator or true name, becuase no one goes there any more.It's simply called the Hound's Gate because of it's massive iron gate filled with hound motiffs. The architecture is full of representations of large mastiffs. The stone is black and hard, which adds to it's fearsome reputation. The Citadel is said to be haunter. The baying of hounds can sometimes be heard from within it's high black walls.

fistandantilus4.0
Plan B is weaving a spell so waiting for Grinder for an action.
Grinder
Aha, now I see.... man, I'm getting old'n'slow... biggrin.gif
Grinder
How far away are the two guys? How tall (human-like, I suppose)? Armed and armored?
fistandantilus4.0
appx 15 yards, human sized, don't see any weapons or hear any armor.
QUOTE (Grinder IC thread)
fuck

You fly up and then fuck?
Grinder
No, I would have written "fuck them. in the ass. repeatly" then. grinbig.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Is this one of those stereotypical German Schiester things? 'cAuse that's just wrong man. All this time I thought that was an innacurate sterotype. Shame on you. for shame. biggrin.gif
Grinder
And I'm sober. Just don't point me to my mistakes. biggrin.gif

Just kidding, of course. All I wanted was to lower the niveau for a short time. Done.

Ok, moving on.
fistandantilus4.0
posted for rnd 1 and init for round 2

@ Alex: Post whenever you're able. I'll differentiate between who the post is intended for with a bold
Alexander
As I have been so far. Shouldn't be too long before we can tie everyone together.
fistandantilus4.0
Alex

I hope the explanation of rolls and how the system works in the round by round posts is helping/making sense. I'm trying to fit in every rule I can explain so that you learn as you go, such as attack maneuvers like "aggressive attack", knock down, etc.

Remember that I did put all those in the OOC (Bttf 1)for your use.
Grinder
Do we see Alex character during the fight, btw?
fistandantilus4.0
Nope! smile.gif coompletely differnt place. Thanks for playing though! biggrin.gif
Grinder
Thanks for the info, I was indeed a little confused.

And I need either Flame Arrow or a Thread Bow *sighs*
fistandantilus4.0
yeah, right now it's a little tough with just plinking away.

For future reference, if I don't mention that you see a big smith type battling undead, there probably isn't one around you. That's why I was specifying who I was posting for.

As for flamearrow, well, you're the one that wanted to be a windling archer. wink.gif
ludomastro
Alex

I hope the explanation of rolls and how the system works in the round by round posts is helping/making sense. I'm trying to fit in every rule I can explain so that you learn as you go, such as attack maneuvers like "aggressive attack", knock down, etc.

Remember that I did put all those in the OOC (Bttf 1)for your use.

I am refering to that information often. However, the system is still new, so I am making mistakes/learning as I go.
fistandantilus4.0
Hey, I didn't just put it there for you guys. I use it all the time too. It's handy for a quick reference. And feel free to ask any questions. Grinder can probably answer questions as well as I too.
fistandantilus4.0
Everyone looks down at Alexander, sitting there in the dirt . They look at each other and all nod in agreement. The young boy has gone crazy. They must kill him
biggrin.gif
Lady Door
hehehe... oops. Here's the character sheet for Morgana.

[ Spoiler ]

Lady Door
Oh, and just for complete-ness sake, here's a description of Morgana.

Morgana appears young, even for an elf. She appears to be in her late teens, possibly her early twenties. She's tall, around 6'2, with long dark hair. Her hair is black, the kind of black that looks blue under the right lighting. She has deep blue eyes, but a closer look reveals silver flecks. Her skin is tanned and un-marred. She is no blood elf. She speaks with a strange accent that's hard to place. It sounds like it could be Indrisian, but native Indrisian's would know differently. Her back displays a strange silver tattoo of a large Western dragon. The tattoo is a duplicate of the image Morgana wears on an amulet around her neck. She always carries a strange stringed instrument that she calls a violin. It sounds like the lute, but has a deeper tone. She doesn't speak of her past, preferring as most troubadours do, to speak of the past of others. She has an uncanny knack for picking the right road, speaking to the right person, or knowing when to not travel. She calls it her womanly intuition, but others think it might be more.
fistandantilus4.0
300 LP for the description

LP for others that post similarly. Please, be descirptive of what others would get from a first meeting and a bit more.
ludomastro
Alexander is a human male of standard height, about 5' 9" tall (1.75 meters). His weight is hard to gauage as his frame is thin but he is covered in muscles that were developed from hard work. He is light skinned and has red hair and some freckles. His green eyes peer out from his moppish hair and show an intellect that few from the cities would believe possible from a "lowly" villager. He is unusual when compared to most villagers in that he has all of his teeth. Though no longer white, they are straight and give him a handsome smile. He often stands with his hand behind his back in the posture of receiving instruction. His eyes; however, never stay still and are always searching his surroundings. He wears a pendant made from emerald and a silver chain. Those who stare or let their gaze linger on it will see Alexander place it inside his tunic and cross his arms over his chest. Under normal conditions Alexander is smiling.
Grinder
And feel free to ask any questions. Grinder can probably answer questions as well as I too.

Should't be a problem, yes. smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Sorry if all the back and forth got confusing. Grinder, the fight is now over, The last caaver man and Mrogana both nailed each other hard. Morgana got back up, the cadaver didn't. Now she's using a recovery test.
Grinder
Thanks for the update. Maybe you should give the next opponents numbers too, to make it easier keeping track of them. Cadaverman 1, cadaverman 2 etcpp.
Grinder
Oh, and how could Morgana "fail" on an Initiative test?
Grinder
And another one: Death Rating: 48, takes 24 pts damage. Takes two wounds.

It's possible to get more than one wound with a hit?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012