Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blood of the People
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
fistandantilus4.0
Link to OOC Blood of the People

Is this right? Is this moral? Can we really be doing this? .... Do we have a choice? He paced the small confines of the room, trying to order his thoughts. It wouldn't make any difference of course. It hadn't with the others, and it wouldn't now. Somehow though, debating it made him feel less a monster.

It has to change. There's no doubt. Can't be weak now. Not when we're so close. Sacrifices must be made. It was our way then... we have no choice now.

It must be done.

He left the room, the door closing hard, as if it would add some sense of finality to his actions. Make him feel as if he was past the point of no return. They would pay. They would all pay. He only hoped it was worth the price in souls they had to pay. Worth his own soul.

Ancestors give me strength.
fistandantilus4.0
Nix - Wednesday April 11th, 2070 , 1300 - Seattle Metroples - Doss

Another slow morning, thanks the spirits. Or whomever. Working so many late nights, late mornings became part of the price easily enough. Nix busies him self about his doss, getting virtual files together. He'd finally managed to get the bootlegged file in Filtering from the Shiawase insider. Not that he exactly needed it just yet, he hadn't even learned cleansing yet. But a little extra knowledge never hurt.

He was pulled from his work by the ring on his comm. Scanning it quickly on the AR, he saw it was an unfamiliar, but local number. That usually meant one of two things: Work, or a persistant telemarketer.
Redjack

Looking at the LTG Nix thinks, Time to do a little research and create a spell that only requires a telecom connection... instead of line of sight..

Knowing that won't be happening anytime soon, "Yea. Talk to me..."
fistandantilus4.0

Nix, I presume? My name is Virginia. I have some business I would like to discuss with you and your associates for some out of town work. You come well recommended from Mr Richards. Can we meet some place local?

The voice is feminin, no picture, as the screen is blacked out. The tone is well practiced. Either a professional Johnson, or a fixer. Either way, this woman knows the business.
Redjack
Nix - Wednesday April 11th, 2070 , 13:00:30 - Seattle Metroplex - Doss

I could sure use the nuyen, its been a frelling slow past few months. And its out of town.. Travel expenses.. He absent mindedly rubs the ring on his left hand, And I need to get away from Tom for awhile.

He thinks another moment, Associates... I guess that means this won't be simple surveillance...

"Yes Virginia, there's a little pub on Market near 9th here in Tacoma. They've a few private rooms on the second floor. Local enough or did you mean local to you?" He knew of the pub, but wasn't a regular. He didn't like the idea of meeting someone from a blind call at some place he frequented. It would take him 15-20 minutes to get there, but that wasn't the problem. Getting the rest of the team together might be a problem. I hope she's making the calls instead of making me the messenger boy...."
fistandantilus4.0
Nix - Wednesday April 11th, 2070 , 13:01- Seattle Metroplex - Doss

Meet me there in three hours please. I'll arrange for a space, as well as food. Bring what people you want, I've heard you work with a competant team. The pay scale is in 5 figures, but it is very demanding work. If you and your team are up for it, I'll see you there.

The number disconnects.
Redjack
Nix - Wednesday April 11th, 2070 , 13:01:30- Seattle Metroplex - Doss

Nix thinks a moment about his team... How the frell is it that my team is three orks..? I still have yet to figure that one out... I can imagine the street talk... Goldy elf and the three orks... Master Blasters; Three parts ork, one part elf... They seem like a pretty stand up crew though the few runs we've made together... oh heck, I forgot about the new guy...

Nix starts to call them all up and has an epiphany of his own... I hope Caliph has his dang com on him today...

OOC: Nix is calling Caliph, Gunney & Ash.. All at the same time.
rob
Caliph - Wednesday 11 April 2070, 13:01:30 - Snohomish - Parked in a campground

The throwaway commlink beeps from the dashboard of the van as a call comes in, but since it's from Nix it routes it directly to my brain. I sit for about 4 beeps and smirk - no sense in picking up too early...

"Oye vato, como se vas? Frank out of the hospital yet?" - the normal 'pretend-social' question that really means 'is this a business call?'

Not really expecting a discussion about the world, the flesh, and the devil today, so close the travel guide scrolling across my right eye and start trudging back to the van.
Redjack
Nix - Wednesday April 11th, 2070 , 13:01:45- Seattle Metroplex - Doss

The call routes through two double-blind proxies before connecting to Caliph. The encryption program validates a double paired-key encryption. That done, everything technically that can be done to protect the signal and the endpoints have been done. Now came the code talking, "Getting out in three hours, I thought we could meet and go together. How long till you could be at Rachel's?" The name reference was irrelevant, the current agreed to meeting spot was Katie's Diner on South 27th Street near the intersection of South J Street in Tacoma.
rob
Caliph - Wednesday 11 April 2070, 13:01:47 - Snohomish - Parked in a campground

"Yeah, I don't think we'll get the rest of the family on the conference call. I'ma gonna roll down there in two hours; when the rest get the message they can just meet us." - Just so Nix knows I'll move out to recon the meeting site in about a half hour; bit of a drive from here to Tacoma.

Shadow
Gunny - Wednesday April 11th, 2070 , 12:55:45- Puyallup Barrens – Rutger St and Haven.

“Listen I just want… I just, will you stop moving.� The imposing Orc reached out and grabbed the kids arm. The ‘kid’ stood just over six foot and was all Orc. Gunny wasn’t a slouch at 6’4 and two hundred and 30 pounds. A little old perhaps, but still mean. The kid tried to resist, shrugging his arm away from Gunny. The older Orc stepped forward and squeezed, sending pain up the kids arm.

The rest of the kids gang, the Bloody Knife, reached for weapons. Gunny held out his off hand in a ‘stop’ motion.

“Now, listen just listen before you go pulling ceramic. I aint here to tromp your hood or cause you trouble or make you look bad, I am just looking for Katchya. You all know her, half the hood saw you with her at the Club.�

The Orc stiffened like a board at the mention of the name. A sure sign that he knew her.

“Drek,� said Gunny allowed, she was dead. He could see it in their eyes. The guilt and the pain and the thrill.

“Where’s the body?� He dropped the question with his drill sergeant voice. Hoping to push them into a confession before the shock of being discovered wore off.

A little guy, maybe 14 with dark hair and fearful eyes spoke first. “She’s behind the crash pad, we didn’t know..� he was interrupted by one of his friends hitting him in the arm. The moment passed and fear turned to anger. Weapons cleared their holster with shouts of profanity.

“Stop,� Gunny yelled, left hand squeezing the but of his pistol.

“Stop,� he repeated.

“One murder is bad enough, you shoot me and you go down hard.� He only had to stall them for a few moments more. On the other end of his Commlink was Det. Serg. Ramirez, a Spanish elf with the Star, half a block away in a unmarked cruiser. He could hear the car racing up now. It was over.

The two cars screeched to a halt next to Gunny, uniformed and plain clothed Star jumped out, yelling for weapons to be down. Gunny slowly backed up moving his hand away from his pistol. The kids surrendered.

Just as he was going to thank Ramirez for his timely arrival his Commlink chirped with Nix’s voice.

“Hey Gunny, I have a job for us, we need to meet at a bar in Tacoma, you game?�

“Hell Nix, I’m always game. As it turns out I am in Puyallup so I can be there pretty quick and give you guys a good map of the area. Time for a drink anyways, see you then.�
rob
Caliph - Wednesday 11 April 2070, 13:01:47 - Snohomish - Parked in a campground

OOC: Assuming the group of simultaneous calls was a conference call - was that what you were going for, Nix? We can use that to fill in the details. Also, I'm assuming we've figgered out the doublespeak on the last couple runs.

Smile wide when Gunny's voice comes in over the comms. "Hey punk. Heard the good news, eh? No sense in all of us going early, he's probably gonna have to handle a lot of paperwork before he gets out of the hospital - insurance type stuff and all. Can yall research the insurance stuff? I think his claims agent is.... what was his name again?

Roll my eyes a little bit at all the doublespeak, some folks ain't quick on the draw with it, or don't see the point. I'm used to assuming I'm being tapped or scanned. Same planet, different worlds....

Meander my way back to the truck and tuck my AK in the gym bag. Dump it in the shotgun seat wheel well, and make sure everything else is nice and hidden. Pour myself a cup of coffee from the thermos and start rolling back into town... take me an hour or so to get there; plenty of time to get comfy out side.
Redjack
Nix - Wednesday April 11th, 2070 , 13:02:00 - Nix' Doss, Tacoma

OOC: As people connect, my intent was to tell them we had news about Frank getting out of the hospital and add them to the conference call. I would neither have mentioned a job, nor a bar in Tacoma. I also assumed that the team would have worked out some double-speak and will continue to translate as Rob and I have been doing.

Nix picks up the few things he'll need that cannot be generated from pure mana and sticks them in his pockets as he dons his armor jacket as they talk. When Gunny answers his coms, "Gunny, just got news about Frank. Let me add you to a call." He then added him to the call with Caliph.

In response to Caliph's question, "Well it gets a little dicey there. This is a new agent and I only got a first name.... I wanted to give you all the news about Frank first, then I was gonna call my uncle about this agent." At some point the double speak started including references the team had not even discussed, but it was more important it conveyed the intent at that point..
SinN
Ash sits over a broken computer. It had been a while since zero zone, and he needed to keep his head down. He spent most of his time fixing things, building things, and pretty much, "things" became his life for a few months. He ran some errands and front jobs for MIT-Nick, but other than that, life had become kinda plain.
rob
Caliph - Wednesday 11 April 2070, 13:01:47 - Snohomish - Getting on to highway 405

Call up the list of meeting spots we have prepared and do a quick search on my mapsofts for a layout of it (OOC: I can roll a browse if yall want). Queue the RFID tags on all the stuff in my van, to make sure everything's there and in its assigned spot.

Paying half an ear of attention to the commlink, but I know all I'm gonna know right now; if it takes Gunny, Ash, and Eyes a minute to catch up, thats their problem. Be nice to catch a drink with them.
fistandantilus4.0
Roll Data search. Its a public place so the plans and blue prints would be required to be lsited with the city.
Redjack
Nix - Wednesday April 11th, 2070 , 13:02:06 - Nix' Doss, Tacoma

Seeing that Ash had not connected to the call, Nix tries to connect him again.
SinN
Ash is finishing up the touches on his new program when his com rings.
Okay, its either Nick, or work. Either way, I dont wanna awnser it...

Ash reluctantly picks up his com and connects.

This is Ash, speak to me.
Redjack
Nix - Wednesday April 11th, 2070 , 13:02:30 - Nix' Doss, Tacoma

OOC: Nix connected Aiden to the call as well

"Guys, I've tagged you onto a conference call. How fast can you be moving? We have a meeting with an insurance agent..."
Trigger
Eyes - Wednesday April 11th, 2070 , 13:00:30 - The Dark Eye (Aiden's Doss and Shop), Tacoma

Aiden turns the page of the book carefully, the latex gloves on his hands keeping all traces of him off the paper and his lingering spell keeping any biological material in the room severely dead.

The tome contains writings about the practice of aura manipulation and viewing, written in the early 20's before everything had completely switched to electronic formatting and art of printing had been nearly wiped from the face of the planet. It had cost him nearly every 'yen from his last run but it was well worth it, a perfect addition to the eclectic collection that is his magical library. A few golden tablets sat on a shelf next a jade Buddha statue and a holographic projection of a glyph of warding. Below them sat leather bound tomes and jars of various sands, reagents, and oils. A cross hangs on the wall next to a ankh next to a pentagram. The whole place feels like a trid on mojo exploded in the room, placing things from each practice indiscriminately.

"By separating some of the connection points of your aura to your physical body the projection of it to those viewing you can be shifted to show the pattern of someone else. Certain points will still match your own natural aura and so the careful viewer can determine the actual pattern.....

BRING

Aiden's commlink rings lightly on the table next to him, breaking the heavy silence of the room with a melodic tinkle of an incoming call from one of the team he had recently been working with. Must be Nix, hope it is a job. I need the nuyen after getting this baby. Letting out a heavy sigh, Aiden turns from the tome and answers the call, not caring to hide the slight irritation in his voice. "This is Aiden. How's Frank doing?.....Insurance Agent, eh? Sounds serious. I can be done here soon, just reading up on a case.

rob
Caliph - Wednesday 11 April 2070, 13:03:00 - Snohomish - Truckin' down 405

"Think I missed something, here... are we all meeting the claims folks at Rachel's, or are we just meetin' there to roll down to the hospital together?"

Augh. I hate comms over the matrix. Be so much easier if we were within direct link range.
Redjack
Nix - Wednesday April 11th, 2070 , 13:03:30 - Nix' Doss, Tacoma

Nix had to think a moment to get all the double talk straight in his head, << Meet at Rachel's, then we'll go to the hospital and meet the insurance agent there. Can you be there in two hours? We need to be at the hospital in three.>>

Nix reviews the details to this point in his head, Rachel's is a reference to Katie's Diner on South 27th Street near the intersection of South J Street in Tacoma. The team will meet there before heading over to Finnegan's, a little pub on Market near 9th here in Tacoma. It'll take me about fifteen minutes to get to the diner and take us another fifteen to get to the pub.

<< See you all there...>>

Not much to do till then, Nix flips on the trid and chills for a little while.
Trigger
Eyes - Wednesday April 11th, 2070 , 13:04:05 - The Dark Eye, Tacoma

Aiden nods in agreement even though the others cannot see him, "Alright, Rechel's then. See you guys there. I am going to get some flowers ready for Frank in the meantime, I think he will enjoy them." Aiden adds the last part before the end of the call to give the others a heads up that he is going to be bringing a spirit along as back up if need be.

Disconnecting from the call, Aiden turns back to his new tome, sucking in the musty taste that lingers in the air around it. I will get back to you later dear, now is the time for business.

With another breath Aiden opens himself up to the Astral Plane, expanding his sight into the radiant aura of his library. The golden pocketwatch with its amethyst hands glows with its own aura on his desk, sitting next to the also radiating emerald stud earring. The two foci would be joining him today as well, most likely with their own spells bound into them. But the thing that stands out the most in the room to Aiden's sight is the faint subconscious astral form of an owl nestled on top of his bookcase. The totem animal had appeared to him on the day he awakened, calling on his own natural thirst for knowledge, and the spirit had stayed around even when Aiden abandoned the shamanistic path of his ancestors for other avenues of study. Owl's wide eyes simply watched Aiden coldly, always watching.

Taking Owl's 'interest' as a silent comfort, Aiden's hand closed tightly around the ring on his right hand that also comforted him in his castings. The runed silver band with its large emerald insert had been his last mentor's, the woman who had taken him through his initiation into the deeper studies of magic and the one who had introduced him to the wonders of the metaplanes. The thought of her reinforced his psyche as he began the cool steady chant of a summoning, calling on a spirit of man, or woman in this case as the spirit called takes a distinct resemblance of his former lover.

(OOC - For summoning I roll Magic 6 + Summoning 3 + 2 for my Mentor Spirit bonus for Spirits of Man. I am going for a Force 4 Spirit. I roll 6 Successes on the summoning test, and then I roll Logic 5 + Willpower 4 to resist drain: 1 Success. I then rest until I need to leave for the meet to get rid of what Stun damage I take. For the two hours I roll Body 3 + Willpower 4, getting 3 Successes for the first hour and 3 Successes again for the second hour.
SinN
Speaking in code? Why couldnt we have just encrypted the line? Oh well. Better let Nick know Im going out. Ill just leave him a message.

Message to Mit-Nick:
Hey Boss, got a job. Ill be out for a while. Ill let you know when I get back in case you got some work for me. Take care.
Ash
Ash gathers his things and cleans up his computer parts scattered across the floor.
He looks in his closet for a suit.
Gotta look professional.. He says to himself as he trails off grabbing at the black suit. Its the one he usually wears. But for some reason he always contimplates it.
After getting into the nice bussiness suit. Ash heads for the door on his way to check the place out before the meet.
Katies diner eh? Havent been there since I was a kid. Of course I have been alot of places since I was a kid.
Ash sets his security system, Walks out the front door, locking it behind him.
Time to work.
fistandantilus4.0
@Trigger
[ Spoiler ]

@all
[ Spoiler ]
Redjack
Nix - Wednesday April 11th, 2070 , 14:55:00 - Katie's Diner, South 27th St, Tacoma

The time finally having arrived, Nix pulls his Mirage out of the garage and heads down the street. A short trip across Tacoma and he arrives at Katie's Diner. Parking in an open spot he heads in and finds a table.

There was just something he liked about this little home style cafe. The wait staff was usually friendly and the food palatable if not sometimes even good. The decor and furniture looks original and the building is three to four decades old.... so it's a little run down and a lot out of style but that suits Nix just fine.
fistandantilus4.0
Nix - Wednesday April 11th, 2070 , 14:55:00 - Katie's Diner, South 27th St, Tacoma

Having been through a few times, some of the wait staff say polite hellos to the quiet elf, and fill his order quickly. They seem to understand he's not one for chit chat and quickly put his order together, in the booth Nix gets for the large group.
rob
Caliph - Wednesday 11 April 2070, 14:25:00 - Katie's Diner, South 27th St, Tacoma

Drive by Katie's Diner a little early, as is my custom for these sorts of things. Drive around the block, record the entrances and exits, take some snapshots from my cybereyes for the avenues of approach, that sort of thing.

Park my van a block and a half down. Lock up the truck (and smirk as the formidable list of security checks by the truck's autopilot lists down my vision). Meander down the street and grab a bladder full of coffee from a kiosk, take a seat at a bus stop bench across the street from the diner entrance, and fake like I'm reading the newspaper off the screen of my throwaway commlink.

Not worried; team meet, no security info disclosed, etc. Too easy. "Self, aren't you being a little paranoid?" "No, self, gotta keep in practice. Real meet in an hour." Just for kicks, I throw up a brief terrain and coverage overlay of the area map on my 'link and tuck it in the back of my brain (erm, headware memory) somewhere... Keeping an eye out, like you're supposed to do when you're doing this sort of thing, but my heart ain't in it.

Fifteen minutes later Nix strolls by. I wait about 30 seconds, follow him into the diner, and take a seat at his table. "As salaamu alaikum, punkass. How's it going?"
Redjack
Nix - Wednesday April 11th, 2070 , 14:55:45 - Katie's Diner, South 27th St, Tacoma

As the waitress gestures towards the booth, "Iced tea"

Wasn't even a minute before Caliph was coming in behind him, As expected.

"wa `Alaykum As-SalÄ?m... Perra" Nix replies with a snicker.
rob
Caliph - Wednesday 11 April 2070, 14:55:52 - Katie's Diner, South 27th St, Tacoma

Place my gym bag delicately under my seat and pop up a picture-in-picture window of the view from the AK's smartlink camera in the corner of my vision. Kick it slightly to nudge it towards the door.

Smile at the waitress and say, just a tad too loudly (I do this when I get enthusiastic, and I'm getting enthusiastic for some work...), "hot tea, black, with some cardamom and about a half pound of sugar, if you please, pretty lady!"

... and turn back to Nix. "So, the rest of the kids getting here soon? I'll leave a little early and play the incognito game outside, like usual."
WearzManySkins
MagPye - Wednesday 11 April 2070, 14:59:52 - Katie's Diner, South 27th St, Tacoma

MagPye pulls up in front of the cafe, parks his mercury Comet, at the curb, as close to the front as he is able. He smiles and adjusts his jacket, before buttoning it he checks to make sure his predator is secure and loaded via smartgun link, verifies safety is on.

Before he gets out he will look around at the vehicles parked nearby and any persons walking by.

Once out he will button his jacket, check his attire to insure it is in place and correct. Runs a finger by his mustache to make sure it is in place. He will smooth out any wrinkles that sitting down in his vehicle might have caused, and walk towards the entrance of the cafe, he will send a signal to secure the vehicle once he is away from it.

He will remove a pair of glasses from his jacket breast pocket and place them on.

Once he enters the cafe, he will quickly scan those seated here, once he sees the others, he will walk towards them, he will place a smiling expression on is face as he walks towards them.

He will approach a chair nearby those here he is meeting those here, remove his hat, Gentleman, will unbutton his jacket, place his hat on the back of the chair and sit down.

He will glance up at the waitress and give a brilliant smile, Tea please, hot if you have it, iced if not. No sugar or creamery products. Thank you very much. Wonders what the gadje think of tea here will taste like?

Will turn to those seated with him and slowly look at them, while giving a smile with lots of white teeth underneath the mustache. How fares your days, Sirahs?
Trigger
Eyes - Wednesday April 11th, 2070 , 14:05:00 - The Dark Eye, Tacoma

After a slight nap to relieve the little bit of drain from the summoning, coming away with a hefty amount of services owed by this particular entity. The feminine form still floated silently around the room on the astral plane, its distinct shape and the memories attached helping him sleep away the drain.

My dearest Sophia, Aiden addressed to the Spirit as he stood from the comfy synth leather chair is his library, You may go for now, my dear. I will call upon you later.

Aiden felt a slight twinge as the spirit departed back to its home in the metaplanes, wishing for a moment to go along with it, but it left quickly as Aiden started to prepare for the meeting. Quickly grabbing the two foci from his desk and placing them on his person. Aiden then spoke a quick word in latin, "Celeritas!", into the air while gripping the golend pocket watch, speeding his own actions up greatly and binding the spell to the watch. Boy Scout and Shadowrunner motto: Always be prepared.

(OOC: I cast Increased Reflexes Force 3 and attach it to Sustaing Focus. I roll Spellcasting 4 + Magic 6 and get 4 Successes which is enough to get the 3 hits for my focus, and I resist drain with Logic 5 + Willpower 4 and I get 3 Successes, which means I resist all of the drain. Also @Fist:
[ Spoiler ]

With his mojo ready he grabbed the other essentials from around his doss: his gun, his commlink, the lizard shaped Aztechnology drone he calls Gex, and finally his trusty armored trench coat that protects from the flashier spells just as well as it does flying lead. Finally feeling prepared for work, Aiden locks up the shop and takes off towards the others.

Wednesday 11 April 2070, 14:59:52 - Katie's Diner, South 27th St, Tacoma

Luck is on his side as Aiden pulls up to Katie's, as there is a parking spot near the door, well enough of one to be able to park his bike. Seeing the vehicles of most of the other's already near or at the entrance of their favored diner, Aiden quickly sets the security on his ride and heads inside.

He offers a friendly smile to hostess and quickly scans the diner for the others. Seeing them in a back booth he nods to the hostess and makes his way to the others, a slight smile on his face. He offers a nod to them all and takes a seat at the table. "Hope I am not too late, Aké iyúskinyan wancínyankelo (Sioux for "It's good to see you again")."

With a couple taps of his gloved fingers on the table, Aiden accesses the local node for the diner and puts in his own drink order, a cup of coffee with two creamers, no sugar.

rob
Caliph - Wednesday 11 April 2070, 15:00:00 - Katie's Diner, South 27th St, Tacoma

And here's the next two...

"Well, gents and otherwise, lets get down to it... I have no idea what's on the table - could you catch us up, Nix? Aside from that, yall know I'm no good at meets. I'll watch the perimeter and clear the location in advance, like usual. Just give a brief description of the client and a meeting site and I'll roll early. Flash you a text message about stock prices or some BS if the meet feels sour or the client rolls up with too much hardware. Eyes, could you send a ghost with me to help clear the area?"

I lean back throughout the spiel and keep half an eye on the AK scope that's watching my back... feels weird to catch people's eyes when I'm talking shop.
Trigger
Eyes - Wednesday 11 April 2070, 15:01:00 - Katie's Diner, South 27th St, Tacoma

Aiden listens intently to Caliph as he explains his usual procedures at meets. They had been working together for a couple of runs now and yet the man still made sure that everyone knew the setup before hand. Better safe than sorry.

As his coffee arrived at the table Aiden nearly took a sip of it before turning to the waitress as she started to leave and asking in a slightly apologetic tone and offering the best smile he can conjure, "You use soy creamer right? I haven't been here in a while and I can't seem to recall at the moment...."

After she replies (if actual creamer, Aiden will ask for another cup and offer to pay for them both) and leaves, he turns back to Caliph, "Sounds good to me, do you want a set of eyes or something with more substance with you?"
rob
Caliph - Wednesday 11 April 2070, 15:00:00 - Katie's Diner, South 27th St, Tacoma

In response to Eyes, "Well, hell, if I had my druthers I'd go with the great ghosts of my ancestors on backup... Really, I'm not sure. Whatever's most convenient for you - still an initial meet, lets not go buckwild spending resources before we're even getting paid. A little more meat to it could help clear the area and point out any weirdness. If you just tell it to obey my orders until you get there should be good enough."
WearzManySkins
MagPye - Wednesday 11 April 2070, 15:03:00 - Katie's Diner, South 27th St, Tacoma

MagPye listens to Caliph's first words. One day Hunter, you may be the hunted, not all that wish to meet with us wish us ill. But I do agree that with a lot of the Gadje, some precautions should be taken.

He takes a drink of his tea, Hmm seems some gadje can make tea Gives a slight smile after he takes his drink and sets the cup back down on the table.

He then listens to the exchange of words between Caliph and Eyes. There may be a time where, you will not be able to be the sniper Caliph, some Johnson's may take offense at such precautions both mundane and magical. But then it will make my use of verbal agility more challenging, to sooth such slights.

MagPye turns his head slightly to Nix, and waits for him to speak.
Redjack
Nix - Wednesday April 11th, 2070 , 15:02:20 - Katie's Diner, South 27th St, Tacoma

Caliph had asked, "So, the rest of the kids getting here soon? I'll leave a little early and play the incognito game outside, like usual."

Nix replied, "Once everyone gathers I'll give what little I have. You can perform initial recon of the meet site." He then cranks down his signal strength on his PAN, opens an encrypted channel and sends << @Caliph [Nix] Finnegan's >> via text.

He nods to MagPye, the team's face, enters the room. Despite the mustache, the elf had a way with people that Nix could not place his finger on. Nix found the his low essence contradictory to that thought, but being a mage he tended to find anyone odd who purposely marred their essence.

When Eye's enter he replies in kind, "Aké iyúskinyan wancínyankelo". Amongst friends, he lets his native Sioux flow freely.

When all eyes turn back to him he begins, "Wonderful tea they have here. as he takes another drink. In the meantime, he adds each of the others to his encrypted PAN conference. The signal range set to one meter he was confident of a little safety.

<<@All [Nix] I have little information.... A woman calling herself Virginia contacted me using a trusted contact as a reference wanting to hire us. Travel involved. Time was short till the requested meet so I went ahead and pulled everyone together... >>

Nix thinks about the leg work he should have already done had he not gotten wrapped up in the latest episode of Doctor Who. The doctor had found out in the 20's that since he was the last surviving time lord he seemed to have infinite regenerations. He focused back on the task at hand, setting the class down. "A classic orange-pekoe blend. They make it fresh, boiling it before chilling it. Filtered water..."
rob
Caliph - Wednesday 11 April 2070, 15:03:05 - Katie's Diner, South 27th St, Tacoma

Smile as the bing of Nix's message pops up in another corner of my vision.

<<@Nix [Caliph] Roger. Out in 10. On station in 25.>>

See, now this is how ya do it. Direct link to link chatter, none of these other nodes in between... And let my thoughts race a bit... so nice when the commlink picks them up hot off the brain.

<<@All [Caliph] I don't know anyone who can do any legwork on the Johnson, but I'll call a coyote friend of mine and see if he knows anyone in this area who might be able to move us. Won't make any plans until we figure out what the Johnson has in mind for transportation options. That and getting some magical support to tag along with me are all my issues at present.>>

WearzManySkins
MagPye - Wednesday 11 April 2070, 15:03:45 - Katie's Diner, South 27th St, Tacoma

Slight smile at Nix's mention of the tea. Yes I was mildly surprised

MagPye adjusts the signal strength of his PAN to down to minimum signal.

Takes another sip of his tea.

<<@All[MagPye] Nix any idea of exactly how much travel? Caliph can this coyote move all our vehicles or do we have to combine into fewer vehicles?>>

Sets his cup back down on the table top.

Trigger
Eyes - Wednesday 11 April 2070, 15:04:35 - Katie's Diner, South 27th St, Tacoma

Aiden takes a sip of his soykaf while everyone else makes idle chatter about the tea and its tastes. Tea never caught his tastes, it was just too mild for him, but a nice cup of soykaf, now that hit the spot every time.

Tapping his gloved fingers across the table, Aiden joined in on the link to link conversation while also dropping his signal to the minimum.

<<@All[Eyes] Don't get too involved with the coyotes yet, we don't even know where we are headed or if the Johnson has a preferred method or even what the job is yet. I say we hold off on the calls till we know what we are doing. Also, Caliph, I have a ghost read for you already, you should know I always come prepared.>>
Redjack
Nix - Wednesday April 11th, 2070 , 15:04:58 - Katie's Diner, South 27th St, Tacoma

Taking another drink of the tea. "On another topic... I heard there was another rumble that rolled out of Redmond a few nights ago. The Star is taking a lot of heat over that little fiasco."

<< @All [Nix] I agree, we have no idea how travel will be arranged. I'll start with my reference contact to check out our Johnson. If Eyes and Caliph are running perimeter security and Ash runs team #2 [in the bar separate from team #1], then MagPye and I can make initial contact with Johnson. Sound good?>>
rob
Caliph - Wednesday 11 April 2070, 15:05:00 - Katie's Diner, South 27th St, Tacoma

<<@All [Caliph] I mentioned the smuggler because he's not in this area. Just a heads up to hook us up for a meet and greet with people in this area who will know how to move us. I will stand fast on that one till after this meet, though. And Eyes, of course you're prepared. But you know what they say about assumption. Meeting plan sounds good.>>

As my sugar with a hint of tea arrives, smirk and say "Wow. Never been to a diner and just ordered tea before. Usually get something filled with cholesterol, like 'eggs' and biscuits and near-Gravy™. Yeah, that Redmond fiasco was silly, but they said they got the dudes. Never know."
SinN
Ash walks into the diner. Fixes his coat and enters looking for the faces of the men and women from the "confrence call."
He decides he looks a bit diffrent then everyone else, and its better to sit down and look from there.
He orders a coffee, and takes a gander.
Redjack
Nix - Wednesday 11 April 2070, 15:05:20 - Katie's Diner, South 27th St, Tacoma

As Ash sits and joins the conference, Nix uploaded the the session history to he can catch up. "Sometimes I just go to a place and sit and observe... and drink tea." he adds with a smile. "There's a little place on the outskirts of Loveland where the older gentlemen start their morning talking about the weather, their gardens and how things were thirty and forty years ago. It actually is quite relaxing to be slowed down by them." He looks at the tea before taking another drink, "and the tea and soykaf in these places always seem to taste a little better."

<< @All [Nix] Takes about fifteen to get there, twenty if we take the scenic route. Ms Johnson is expecting us in just under fifty-five. If Caliph and Eye's head up now you should have just enough time for a quick search of the complete perimeter. Ash, I was thinking you get there twenty minutes before the meet and blend in, Leaving here in say 15..? MagPye and I can stroll in right on time, leaving here in about thirty-five, sound good? Did I neglect any details? >>
rob
Caliph - Wednesday 11 April 2070, 15:06:00 - Katie's Diner, South 27th St, Tacoma

<<@All [Caliph] I'm out now. Doesn't help if the advance element arrives in force. Better to trickle in. Eyes, if you need a ride, better follow me to my van. If you're coming with, you can do the spirit world recon, otherwise tell your ghost to tag along and do what I tell it, if you please.>>

Stand up, grab the gym bag, and turn. "Gents, I gotta run. The ball and chain is going to be griping at me for not picking up any groceries. Can't live with em. Can't live wi... nah, just can't live with em."

Queue a quick equipment inventory from the RFID tags on all the gear I'm carrying, just as usual. Grimace, turn around, and grab my keys off the table a mite sheepishly. Wink at Ash as I walk by.

Block and a half back on the van, keeping an eye out for anyone that was hanging around before I entered the diner. Dump the bag in the shotgun seat. Wait a minute before I leave, then start meandering (to the extent that one can meander in an off-road cargo van) to the other site.
WearzManySkins
MagPye - Wednesday 11 April 2070, 15:06:50 - Katie's Diner, South 27th St, Tacoma

@All [MagPye] Nix I agree the both of us make the initial contact. Leave here in 35 sounds good. Where exactly is this place?

MagPye smiles as he drinks his tea listening to the words being exchanged at the table.
Redjack
Nix - Wednesday 11 April 2070, 15:07:00 - Katie's Diner, South 27th St, Tacoma

Nix nods to Caliph and Eyes as they head for the door.

<<@All [Nix] Finnegan's. A little hole in the wall Irish pub on Market, near 9th Street, here in Tacoma. It uses the ground floor of a four story building. The top floors are illegal loft apartments, the second floor are several storage rooms and the like. The manager rents out the rooms on the second floor for private parties and the like... I stumbled on the place about six months ago trailing a wayward husband whose girlfriend was in one of the loft apartments. By the way, I chose the location so that's a plus for us.. >>

He then flags down the waitress, "Refill and a piece of cherry pie." Looking around to Ash and MagPye, "You all need anything?"
WearzManySkins
MagPye - Wednesday 11 April 2070, 15:08:00 - Katie's Diner, South 27th St, Tacoma

Hmm yes another tea please and a slice of apple pie.

@all [MagPye]What is the area around this place like, built up, torn down etc.?
Trigger
Eyes - Wednesday 11 April 2070, 15:08:35 - Katie's Diner, South 27th St, Tacoma

Aiden listens closely to both the spoken conversation and the one bouncing around the cyberspace between them all.

<<@All[Eyes]:I do not need a ride Caliph, but I will be following in a moment. See the rest of you in 35.>>

As the others order more to drink and something to eat, Aiden politely declines and rises to exit. "Sorry I can't join you guys for a more formal meal, but I have an urgent appointment with a client that needs me to find her missing, and probably cheating, husband. I will stop by and see how Frank is on my home though. Ah kay wan chee keyn ktay low (It was good to see you again)."

Bowing slightly to the table, Aiden steps lightly out of the diner and unlocks his bike remotely, watching as Caliph disappears in his vam and noting the direction he took. Starting up his Mirage he takes off towards Finnegan's, going a different route than Caliph to get to the little bar.
fistandantilus4.0
Caliph/Eyes-Wednesday 11 April 2070, 15:50 - Finnegan's

Arriving seperately, Caliph and Eyes both get a good scan of the bar. AT this time of day, it's not very busy. A small establishment on the bottom of a rundown four story building that likely couldn't accomodate more than a hundred, it none the less has a bit of old school charm to it. Here's a place a man can saunter in for a beer, get one , and enjoy it in as much silence or chatter as he pleases.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012