Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Augmentation Review
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Rotbart van Dainig
Another odd relation to be considered for that Errata/FAQ - does an aspected mana warp cause damage to people aspected to it?
Ophis
Or to put it another way, can a manawarp be aspected at all?
Demonseed Elite
QUOTE (Ophis @ Sep 9 2007, 06:42 AM)
Or to put it another way, can a manawarp be aspected at all?

p. 121, Street Magic, second paragraph under Mana Warps:

Aspect does not apply in a mana warp--the turbulent flows shred apart any psychoactive imprints left upon the ambient mana.
FrankTrollman
QUOTE (Synner @ Sep 9 2007, 05:01 AM)
That is correct. For now. I have also stated my opinion on how that should be handled when we address interactions between background counts of different magnitudes - something that is in the developer's hands for upcoming errata/FAQ.

How come we can have Bloodzilla running around for over a year and you suddenly want to errata something that works into something that doesn't work?

-Frank
Synner
The Street Magic errata has been ready for quite some time, and per standard procedure it has simply been waiting for the next printing of Street Magic to be published. The cap on the Energy Drain power and its variants that we missed in the original text will be added in.

We are planning errata for Augmentation already, because we are close to selling out our first print run.

Amongst the latest set of FAQs, that I have recieved regarding Street Magic, one of the most common questions (aside from Wards and Ritual Magic) has been how background counts of different magnitudes interact when they are juxtaposed or overlap.

It has been our intention to address this in the next FAQ update for at least 6 months now (in fact, I offered the same answer I have here more than 6 months ago on Dumpshock).

If you have an issue with high-level background counts (5 and upward) overriding a cyberzombie's (un)natural domain, please feel free to mail me your points and they will be taken into consideration.
toturi
I have a question on the biowarfare agents, specifically Bedlam.

Can the Antidote spell counter Bedlam? Or are "only" nanite O-cells and binder capable of fighting bedlam?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012