Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arsenal Street Date & Pre-Order information
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Kyoto Kid
...I was actually surprised at seeing the Striker included. Actually a pretty nice vessel.

The whole reason I chose MHD was reduced signature against Sonar detection. A standard water jet, while offering better pursuit speed than a conventional prop still creates a very noticeable signature underwater. However, I had been looking into heavily armed and armoured Ekranoplans for high speed patrol craft though they are not as efficient in high seas as conventional hulls are. One pf these would be a huge challenge to stat out as they really do not fit any one of the conventional vehicle types.

As for the Skytrain, isn't that a turboprop? The Lockheed C-60 was a Turbofan. As I mentioned in the Eurovan thread, It would have been so much more helpful if a basic, as I called it, "wireframe" for vehicle design were included.
hobgoblin
turboprop, turbofan, big deal. your going to rename it anyways, just say its turbofan powered with the same basic performance.

same with the waterjet. sure, it makes for one hell of a sonar output but the rules on it say that it reduce dicepool for detection with no exception for sonar, so...

imo, no game have ever become better with more detail. it just gives more things to argue about. but then i would not want to play any version of SR with computer engineers that could not leave their work at work...
Kyoto Kid
...ach! Tubofan aircraft have higher MaxV than turboprops.

Ach, was der Gebrauch ist...!

Some of us just function a bit better with a little structure. Maybe I'll wake up and it's still 2004 and all this has been a bad dream.

There's no place like home...there's no place like home...there's no place like home...

damn forgot the Ruby Slippers
MYST1C
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Feb 13 2008, 08:20 AM) *
Ach, was der Gebrauch ist...!

Just out of curiosity - could you post your intended meaning of this - let's call it German - sentence in English?
Kyoto Kid
...<oh what's the use>

...apologies, had an irritating day at the slave pit today which usually gets me to vent in other languages...

...when I am particularly surly it is usually in Yiddsh or Russian
Fuchs
I think that would be better translated as "Ach! Was soll's!"
MYST1C
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Feb 13 2008, 08:49 AM) *
...<oh what's the use>
apologies, had an irritating day at the slave pit today which usually gets me to vent in other languages...

rotate.gif
A quick look at my "Location" entry would betray me being German... My request for a translation was caused by the fact that your statement simply doesn't make sense in German but its structure lead me to believe it was a literal translation from an English sentence that most like does make sense - hence my curiosity.
MITJA3000+
And another wednesday, with no preview... frown.gif
Adam
I'm just starting my first cup of coffee for the day.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (MYST1C @ Feb 13 2008, 09:23 AM) *
rotate.gif
A quick look at my "Location" entry would betray me being German... My request for a translation was caused by the fact that your statement simply doesn't make sense in German but its structure lead me to believe it was a literal translation from an English sentence that most like does make sense - hence my curiosity.

...yeah it was late, I was tired (and a bit irritated) so just settled on the literal translation. Last time I really needed to speak the language in a coherent fashion was thirty five years ago. A lot of the nuances of grammar and case have faded somewhat since then as I really didn't keep up with it as I should have over the succeeding years.
Moon-Hawk
The art preview is up on www.shadowrun4.com
And I got quoted! Sweet! biggrin.gif
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Feb 13 2008, 08:20 AM) *
...ach! Tubofan aircraft have higher MaxV than turboprops.

higher max what?

sorry to say, but i dont know what that dropped v is supposed to symbolize...

if its velocity, sure it can have higher max, but do not have to make use of it...

somehow im getting the impression you be much better off playing traveler...
Kyoto Kid
...ahh it's the that "cursed" engineer in me. Yes, it refers to velocity

(...at least I didn't start throwing out terms such as Vmu or Vr or V2 grinbig.gif)

Used to love playing Traveller (the original GDW version). Unfortunately today everyone seems to view it with a sense of nostalgia (or disgust in regards to the D20 bastardisation thereof).

...did you happen to see where I left my ruby slippers?

[/derail]
Fortune
The only time I played Traveller my character died during chargen.
BookWyrm
OK, the artwork looks cool, but I'd like to see some actual pages. No rush.
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Fortune @ Feb 13 2008, 06:39 PM) *

indifferent.gif
You......
Huh.
swirler
QUOTE (Fortune @ Feb 13 2008, 07:39 PM) *

I had that happen to me in Hackmaster
alas poor Reginald Durknobtop Dumbthistle... I hardly knew ye!!!
Earlydawn
QUOTE (Adam @ Feb 13 2008, 02:17 PM) *
I'm just starting my first cup of coffee for the day.
Hey Adam. Don't mean to bust your ass, since I know you're still a ways away from getting everything sorted with Arsenal, but do you have any estimate for whenabouts the next release queue update might come out? I'm very excited to learn when Unwired will finally be with us. biggrin.gif
swirler
speaking of unwired, what is it supposed to be about anyway?
I cant remember if I ever heard.
Grinder
It's the Matrix book. Hackers and stuff, you know? wink.gif
Vairdic
QUOTE (Earlydawn @ Feb 14 2008, 02:41 PM) *
... do you have any estimate for whenabouts the next release queue update might come out?

We're working on 2nd Quarter release dates now. I'll be out of the office next week, so it'll probably be the week after, and yes, it should have some great Sixth World goodness.
swirler
QUOTE (Grinder @ Feb 14 2008, 03:57 PM) *
It's the Matrix book. Hackers and stuff, you know? wink.gif

ahh makes sense
I know it's been said before but I feel like I have to mention it
I dislike the move from "deckers" to "hackers"
I mean I can see the need for something new to a certain degree but it's like kinda like deciding the term CD is not accurate enough and calling it "a record" to make it easier for some people to understand
Kyoto Kid
...notice:: the person(s) responsible for the annoying and incorrect double post that originally appeared here have been unceremoniously sacked.

The new and improved correct post appears below.
Kyoto Kid
...hey I happen to like records. They sound better, the liner notes are easier to read...

Actually I always thought it odd when I went into a Tower Records store and find nothing but Tapes & CDs
[ Spoiler ]

[/Derail]
Moon-Hawk
I remember an argument I once had with my father about whether or not is was correct to use the term "album" in reference to a tape, CD, or collection of mp3s, or whether that term specifically referred to vinyl discs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012