Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruiting for an experiment
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Fuchs
And Dagda at the Party.
(A bit prematurely, since he's just walking up to the door still)
Cthulhudreams
QUOTE (JonathanC @ Mar 1 2008, 12:29 AM) *
It's likely that you'll get more than one gig per month, so it's doubtful that lifestyle costs will get too out of control.

I built that on the assumption I'd get one job a week wink.gif

Edit: Actually not quite, it features 8 weeks of a year for doing other things and being in hospital nyahnyah.gif
Glyph
Finally got another post up for Dancer. After the message, I knew she would need to leave, but I didn't want her to zip out of there without interacting with the other PC in any way, so it gave me a bit of writer's block. I left some of the conversation vague, so Tobias can fill some things in if he wants to post any of the conversation.
Fuchs
Dancer "caught"

Dancer and Carroway chatting. (And yes, that's a bishonen elf in chaps and a thong)

Sir_Psycho
God, it's hard to come up with interesting posts sometimes.

Also fuchs, good work. I'll probably send you a PM when I get home of what Blackie Might be wearing to the rave. (He's like 24 hours behind Dancer and Carroway.
Fuchs
OK!
Fuchs
Carroway getting glomped
Sir_Psycho
Comedy gold.
JonathanC
I hate mondays so much. I didn't even get lunch until almost 3pm. And to make things even better, my job has suddenly become to do somebody else's job because they suck at it. While still doing my job.

(in other words, very sorry about not posting until tonight)
Cthulhudreams
Guy at the crash bar have anything for dagda, or just drop it?
JonathanC
QUOTE (Cthulhudreams @ Mar 4 2008, 01:45 AM) *
Guy at the crash bar have anything for dagda, or just drop it?

Sorry about that, I was kind of groggy when I was replying. Crash Crush Bar is a decent place to meet, but it's kind of hit or miss whether the bartender on duty has any real connections. At the end of the day, it's a chain of sports bars...like Hooters for orks.
Fuchs
Carroway getting into Goldie's limousine (maybe NSFW)
Cthulhudreams
I've checked Richard out for 5 hits on the assensing test, any chance of gettng those results? wink.gif

JonathanC
Sure, I must have missed that post...My eyes must be glazed, because I still can't find it going back over the thread. With 5 hits you basically get the full monty, so is there anything in particular you're looking for? He's not magically active or a technomancer, he isn't lying, his emotional state is mostly calm, though there's an undercurrent of stress and fatigue. He's likely been busy with these arrangements for most of the day, if not longer. Nothing terribly interesting in terms of cyberware. A datajack near the back of his head, his eyes are his own, as are his ears.
Cthulhudreams
My fault then, I'll make sure to post this stuff in the OOC thread then. It is in a spoiler in the post were I hand over my gun to the guards, and check out DD (4th march) at the same time.

I was really just looking to see if he had any obvious cyberware, but the emotional state is a huge boost too wink.gif - it's really just a look for anything out of place.
JonathanC
It's fine putting them in spoilers. I've just been posting really late at night this week because work has been thick, so I'm kinda tired.
Sir_Psycho
I finished fiddling with Blackie's sheet. Do you want to do the roll for starting cash for him? I imagine that the Motel Vacancy is squatter level housing?

[ Spoiler ]
JonathanC
Quick note about the lack of updates: My laptop recently became a doorstop after I tried to install Ubuntu. For whatever reason, Ubuntu hates my network card and my wireless card, even though the wiki that has their hardware compatibilities claims that it should work. There was also some drama with my disc drive not liking bootable CDs (bootable DVDs work fine, but I didn't find that out until today). I think I may be close to resolving the issue, which means that I can post at work again. failing that, I have different work hours now, which means that I'm not exhausted (as much) when I get home, so I can just post from there. Starting tomorrow.

Very sorry about these delays, but this is kinda why I was calling this an "experiment". My fears about my schedule/bad luck are rapidly proving true.
Cthulhudreams
I'm still hopeful wink.gif
JonathanC
Me too. But I can't get my laptop to access the internet when I'm at work, which has put a big cramp in some of my response time, since I usually check the thread while I'm at work, and start writing my response post in a text editor, moving my way down from there.

Having said that, it's pretty clear that at best, I'm going to have to stick to my initial plan and run an adventure, and then retire. I don't know how other guys mange it, but getting enough time to do this properly is harder than I thought.
Fuchs
Quick render of Blackie arriving at the party.
Glyph
Cthulhudreams, let me know what your assensing roll is (you said you were going to be astrally perceiving the party), and I'll let you know what you see for Dancer.
Cthulhudreams
Yeah dancer is magically active, so someone I'm watching for

Skill + Stat + Mentor

6 + 5 + 2

1 4 6 4 5 6 3 2 6 5 1 5 5 = 7 hits

Glyph
She would seem a bit harder to read than normal, but you would still have enough hits for the 5+ category, so:

Overall health:
Dancer is in good health, with no diseases or toxins present. More unusually, there are also no drugs in her system either, not even alcohol at the moment, which is strange for this kind of party.

Emotional state:
Dancer is presently in an upbeat mood, with a very slight bit of tension as she approaches Richard Rosen's table. She doesn't seem to be self-conscious about the way that she is dressed. There is an underlying nonchalant cynicism in her, the attitude of someone who isn't shocked by much anymore.

Magic: Her Magic is 3.

Essense and Implants:
Her Essense is 4. The only cyberware you can detect is a prosthetic tip to one of her fingers. The rest of her 'ware is the more subtle variance of bioware, augmentations seeming to thread through her muscles, her spine, and her heart. Unlike most of the others here, she doesn't have any cosmetic, surface mods - hers are deeper down.
Cthulhudreams
Assensing Carroway when he goes to talk to Rosen

2 5 4 4 4 1 4 1 2 2 3 2 6 -> 2 hits
Fuchs
AR: DD's reading the profiles of Dancer and Carroway.
Tobias
Checking auras while looking at the players.
Inuition + assensing + Specialitation = 3+1+2 =6
[ Spoiler ]

AR profile:
[ Spoiler ]
Fuchs
DD's Aura (with 2 hits):

[ Spoiler ]

DD's profile:

[ Spoiler ]
Tobias
Thats that edited.
Fuchs
Edited the info in.

(Picture should come up this evening, I had it almost ready last night, but then my computer crashed.)
Fuchs
Here's the picture (added to the post in the IC thread)
Cthulhudreams
@Tobias

You'll have to wait for tonight, when I have a rulebook for that assessning test smile.gif

@Psycho

Assessning test on Blackie while we all play the 'stare at each other suspiciously game!'

2 4 5 6 3 6 3 4 2 1 2 5 6 -> 5 hits
Glyph
QUOTE (JonathanC)
OOC: I know that DD and Dagda are in conversation right now, while Carroway, Dancer and Blackie are about to have their "interviews". As soon as the interviews are done, we're more or less done with this party, as it's headed into territory that GMs usually call "off screen". Anyone interested in participating in the party after is welcome to; the meet with the Johnson will take place the next day.

I will probably do one party post for Dancer after the interview... not going into any lurid details, but just to transition to the next day. Although I will skip it if we jump right to the meet with the Johnson.
Cthulhudreams
Dadga under the assensing spotlight

Magic 5
Essence 6

No cyberware or bioware

In good health

No sign of drugs or Toxins despite the bottle his is clutching

Calm, with just a hint of edginess

If you see bonded by not active foci, he has a power focus under his shirt, otherwise no foci wink.gif
Sir_Psycho
Ok two separate pieces of info. You two got way different hits, so I figured I'd spoiler it up.

Dagda's assensing with 5 hits
[ Spoiler ]

Tobias Assensing 1 hit:
[ Spoiler ]

JonathanC
If it's alright with everyone, I'm going to fade the party to black by monday, since everyone has met and been hired.
Fuchs
Sure.
Tobias
thats fine
Glyph
Sure.
JonathanC
Just assume that you have fun and stumble back home. We'll pick up the story next morning, with your hangovers. ;P
Sir_Psycho
Blackie's VR legwork:
[ Spoiler ]
Fuchs
DD's VR legwork:

[ Spoiler ]

Cthulhudreams
I'm going to summon a spirit, a watcher, and task my agent to research the company, then astrally scout out the area, but that post will have to wait until I have my rulebook.
Fuchs
DD's VR legwork (while waiting on an answer about the meeting, so might not be completed in time):

[ Spoiler ]

Sir_Psycho
Blackie runs VR on the bus, requesting that the bus buzzes his commlink when he hits the stop.
[ Spoiler ]
Fuchs
Street picture, Day 1.
Sir_Psycho
He Fuchs, once we're all together at CRUSH, maybe you can do a render of the whole team?
Fuchs
Planning to, yes.
Tobias
Sorry about the inactivity, not been able to access internet at home, and work has been busy so not being able to post from there. Will throw something up later today hopefully in the next hour or 2 depending on the call queues.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012