Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruiting for an experiment
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
JonathanC
Hi. I'm currently having my ass kicked by fever/some kind of flu. I'm unlikely to be of much use until at least tomorrow, possibly monday. My apologies for any delays.
Abbandon
Well get well soon. January is when everyone gets sick around where I live. Luckily this year all i got was a runny noise.
Glyph
(Edited character description - forgot her tattoos).
Fuchs
Here are a few renders of Dancer:

Casual with tattoos

Back View

Running Gear

Clubbing

Meeting Mr. Johnson

Does anyone else want a render done?
Method
Fuchs: those are great! what program do you use?
Glyph
Yeah, they're great renders. Fuchs uses DAZ Studio (the question came up in the "Do trolls belong in SR" thread). It seems to be a better program than Poser, which looks a lot stiffer and less polished by comparison.
Sir_Psycho
Alright Fuchs. Give Blackie a go.

QUOTE (20 Qs)
What does your character look like?
Blackie is slightly Jewish in appearance, with a prominent nose, thick and dark eyebrows and lashes, and deep brown eyes. has a wild mess of dark curls a few inches long. The left side of his head up to a few centimeters over his ear is shaved off, almost like a half completed Mohawk. Behind his ear is tattooed Kanji, reading “The Truth� .
He also wears 3 piercings on his right ear. One is actually a disguised stealth RFID tag.
Due to a slight vitamin D deficiency and extended drug use, his skin is fairly pale and he has dark pouches under his eyes. He looks both tired and incredibly sharp at the same time.

His datajack is at the base of his neck, just under his collar.

What does your character dress like?
Blackie wears some army disposal clothing and uses some ex army gear, like his climbing harness, backpack and satchels. He removes nationalistic features like flags and avoids national colours.
He prefers natural materials like cotton, and disdains logos, colour-shifting garments/patterns. He also wears a few accessories of his travels. Small beads from South America, a paganistic neck-charm made by a european witch, ear-rings from his time in the Phillipines etc.

On jobs that require infiltration he wears his customized ruthenium chameleon suit with it’s hood. While shadowing a target he may wear an Actioneer armored business suit, his leather jacket or a trench coat.
Cthulhudreams
My entry:

Dagda �€“ Mage

Street Alias: "Skriatok"
Fake SIN Name R4: Tuatha De Danann (Irish immigrant with permanent residency in california) C.A.S Citizen
Fake SIN Name R4: Vasilii Ivanov Gubin (Russian immigrant permanent residency with in californi) U.C.A.S citizen
Fake SIN Name R2: David Kievlianin Zorynich (Russian immigrant from kiev) California Citizen.

Origin: The Urals, Russian Federation
Nationality: Russian
Metatype: Ork
Meta variant: Skriatok
Sex: Male
Height: 2.1 meters
Weight: 140 kg
Hair: None, completely bald.
Eyes: Pale blue, almost grey.
Lifestyle: High. To feed his geas Dagda drinks heavily and accumulates gold possessions like some sort of gold based magpie.

[ Spoiler ]

Some observations:

Obviously the meta type is a custom job, but I've based it on orks mechanically. It is jut designed as a unique look and feel designed to tie in with his Geasa and tradition. If you are unhappy with this, I can easily revert to being a regular ork. I've also taken an extra disadvantage (incompetence: swimming) but given myself no points for this, however I do intend to drink beyond all reason and I'm hoping thata I won't be staggering around drunk as a side effect of this smile.gif

I've also gone with a tradition that is loosely based on buddism and earth elementalism. I debating moving earth to guidance and putting fire in place in combat, because a relationship with plants gives you a relationship to the sun.

Also, I have shape metal. If you don't think ferrocrete and plastisteel are affected by shape metal, or that paint or similar blocks LOS for effect, please tell me and I will change it for another spell.

Description

Description:
Dagda is big, tall (2.1m) and powerfully muscular. He is recognizably an ork meta variant, but lacks the signature tusks. Dagda has ambitions of being bigger too, and is prone to wear boots (cowboy or combat) whenever possible, and the cut of his clothes reflects his desire to be even taller, while close cuts show off his well defined physique. His skin an unusual grey colour reminiscent of marble with a faint patina and sheen. Unlike other Skriatok Dagda keeps his lichen confined to his chest, legs, back and arms, opting not to wear a shirt and going for shorts when he is at home relaxing.

Dagda dresses smartly in good quality clothes, again reflecting his desire for status, although he never really follows fashion trends. On the street he goes for casual jeans and a shirt, always with thick soled heavy duty combat boots and usually with his armoured jacket, but will 'dress up' the occasion with his auctioneer suit if required.

On runs he typically uses his augmented chameleon suit, with a hood and his bulky mage sight goggles obscuring his face.
JonathanC
Okay, I'm somewhat on my feet today. Emphasis on "somewhat".

I believe I've received characters from everyone. We have more than 4 people, but that's my fault, and I'm willing to give this a good try. I'm going to try to make the most of my sick day today, since I appear to be (mostly) in possession of my faculties (monday was really bad).
Fuchs
Renders of Dagda and Blackie are in the final round of corrections, who else is around?
Fuchs
"Remember, act corporate for this evening!"

Meeting Mr. Johnson

(Fictional pieces, not anything that happened or happens so far)
Cthulhudreams
I like the first one wink.gif Though I think, on the balance, Dagda may go for a tie.

But still, nice work.
Kyoto Kid
...sounds like something my twin Fubuki wielding Gun-Fu babe Death Blossom would be into (seeing as she was an ex stunt woman in her backstory). The only thing is the daily sessions as I'm also a 9 - 5 (Pacific timezone) wageslave in RL.
Fuchs
Anyone else in the game that wants a render?
Sir_Psycho
I'd just settle for playing. All the best for your health JohnC.

Also, Cthulhu, Dagda is stone-cold wierd.
Fuchs
A sort of intro:

[ Spoiler ]
JonathanC
Once again, I crawl from my sickbed and attempt to be productive. I believe I have received characters from everyone. I want to thank everyone for participating, and for their patience. I'd also like to remind everyone that I haven't really run Shadowrun online before, so this may have some rough patches. My attempt at an opening post can be found here: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=20718
Cthulhudreams
Umm, who's in?

and man, you're really sick. :\
Fuchs
Get well soon!
JonathanC
QUOTE (Cthulhudreams @ Feb 21 2008, 04:05 PM) *
Umm, who's in?

and man, you're really sick. :\

I felt a little bad on friday. By saturday it was a full-on flu. Fever, aches, and my eyeballs hurt. Incidentally, don't ever take Theraflu, the stuff is useless. Extra Strength Tylenol for the win.
Sir_Psycho
Awesome thread title.

So shall I assume we're using this thread for OOC? Or private messages?

I'll type up a little intro similar to those already posted and I assume you know what happens from there.
Glyph
And off it goes. I hope you feel better soon, colds are bad enough but the flu is really nasty stuff. Just get better - we're patient. smile.gif
Cthulhudreams
I took a few liberties with the housing description, but high lifestyle is described as living in a secure gated community, and thats what senior mob bosses do, sooo wink.gif

And hey, Dagda's not that weird. I mean he is basically a leprechaun. Except instead of the turning to stone bit when gold is taken away from them, he gets bigger when he has more. You give booze to the house spirits to placate them too.
Sir_Psycho
I wonder if JohnC will let you buy strength and body with money rather than karma? biggrin.gif

Sorry I haven't posted yet. I was looking over my character sheet and realised it's not completely finished. I can still type up my intro though, I've just got to pick another flaw, and spend another couple thousand on random things.

edit: Typed up an intro on the fly. It's probably full of grammatical errors. But I'll check it later. I need to jump in the shower and go out.
Cthulhudreams
Yeah, I think not smile.gif

I'm heading out of town tomorrow for a bit less than 2 weeks, but I'll be using the internet while I'm out and about, so I am anticipating still posting every couple of days, but if I miss 3-4 days in a row, its not that I'm dropping out wink.gif
Tobias
I am sorry for disappearing, I usually do most of my posting from work but had last few days off of work. I also have just had to go and scatter my dads ashes which left me without PC for a while. I wouldn't mind still playing, but if its too late thats fine i'll just watch.
Fuchs
Here's a picture of the scene with dancer.

(So Glyph can add it to his post in the IC thread, if he wants to.)
JonathanC
QUOTE (Tobias @ Feb 24 2008, 10:38 AM) *
I am sorry for disappearing, I usually do most of my posting from work but had last few days off of work. I also have just had to go and scatter my dads ashes which left me without PC for a while. I wouldn't mind still playing, but if its too late thats fine i'll just watch.

Pop on in if you'd like, I'm just doing intros now. I also do most of my posting at work, and I don't expect much more than a post a day from people, with posting being less frequent on weekends (since, y'know, we all have lives)
Tobias
QUOTE (JonathanC @ Feb 25 2008, 03:14 PM) *
Pop on in if you'd like, I'm just doing intros now. I also do most of my posting at work, and I don't expect much more than a post a day from people, with posting being less frequent on weekends (since, y'know, we all have lives)

Cheers, will post my character up here after I finish him off tonight and hopefully will post an intro up either in the next 20 minutes before I finish work or when I get back home.
Fuchs
And feel free to PM me a description if you want a render of it.
Tobias
Here is my character, hope you like him.

Carroway

Background
Recently flying in from the great sprawl of London, He is a conman/street performer with delusions of grandeur. Hoping to make use of his many illusions spells to great effect. He has not been known for violence usually resorting to a knockout touch to quite angry punters. He watches many Trids for inspiration and ideas.

Description
A smiling male human in his mid-to-late Twenties, He has dark black hair tied back into a plait most of the time which reaches down to his collar. He is usually wearing dark suits. Usually looking like he has just had a spa-day his lightly tanned skin is unblemished and his usual smile shows off his pearly white teeth. Carroway has an average build and stands about 5’11�.

[ Spoiler ]
Fuchs
Picture for Dancer's Rave.
Sir_Psycho
Classy!
RisingVision
any spots left or are you all filled up?
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Glyph @ Feb 17 2008, 01:12 PM) *
Yeah, they're great renders. Fuchs uses DAZ Studio (the question came up in the "Do trolls belong in SR" thread). It seems to be a better program than Poser, which looks a lot stiffer and less polished by comparison.

...quick aside for a moment.

Just downloaded V4 and I am amazed at the results even in the short time I've been working with Daz (have a link to my first image attempt in the the 3D Art Tools thread on the Community Projects Forum). You are the second person who doesn't seem that enamoured with Poser. Squinky had similar feelings that characters looked too "generic". Maybe I'll hold off and stick with my original plans to get Carrara & Bryce which are also supported by Daz (played with the Carrara 6 demo & was very impressed). The one downside is that I understand Dystopia (great for SR settings) works better in Poser.

Dancer's Rave is fantastic. Can't wait until I am able to start working with backdrops and settings.

...OK back to the original programme in progress.

[/Derail]
Fuchs
Carroway's arrival in L.A.

(So Tobias can add the link to his post,if he wants to)
Fuchs
Blackie in a station.
Cthulhudreams
I'm away from my books, so can someone else make the availibility check for me please for rating 4 binding materials, and rating 6 lodge materials? I'm in no hurry, especially for the lodge.
Sir_Psycho
I'm not sure whether you mean a binding focus or conjuring materials? Anyway:

Binding Focus----- (Force x 4)R -- Force x 10,000Â¥

Conjuring Materials ---(Force x 2) --- Force x 1,500Â¥

Magical Lodge Materials---- (Force x 2) ----- Force x 500Â¥
Glyph
You must have one of the older books. The Errata changed the description from Conjuring Materials to Spirit Binding Materials, and lowered the cost to Force x 500 nuyen.gif. Availability is still the same.

For the binding materials, the Negotiation + Charisma Extended Test will have a Threshold of 8 and an interval of 2 days. For the lodge materials, it will be a Threshold of 12 and an interval of 2 days.

If you really want me to roll for you, I can, but you could probably wait until you get back to your books, since it will be a while in game time before you get either item anyways. My dice are fickle creatures, so you might be better off with your own. smile.gif

That brings up a question. JonathanC, how do you want us to do the dice rolls? Do you want to roll all the dice yourself, have us roll the dice and post it under spoiler tags, or do you want us to use an online dice roller like Invisible Castle?
JonathanC
I'm fine with working on the honor system with people rolling their own dice. On the other hand, since some of us are posting from work (where you might not have dice), feel free to use Invisible Castle or a similar site if you prefer.

Speaking of work, I wanted to apologize for not posting yesterday. I just returned to work from sick leave, and there was a pile of stuff to do. I had intended to catch up on the game today, but we're experiencing some flaky Internet issues (it took me about 10 minutes just to navigate to this thread and post this). Worst-case scenario is that I'll do another mega-post for everybody when I get home tonight, probably around 9pm PST.
Fuchs
Ah, darn - here I was hoping to burden the GM with all the rolling and assorted number crunching nyahnyah.gif.
Fuchs
Dagda summoning his luggage carrier.
Glyph
QUOTE (JonathanC @ Feb 27 2008, 10:57 AM) *
I'm fine with working on the honor system with people rolling their own dice. On the other hand, since some of us are posting from work (where you might not have dice), feel free to use Invisible Castle or a similar site if you prefer.

Cool. I will probably just use Invisible Castle, then, because it is so quick to use. Here is a roll for Dancer's dancing at the rave, in case you need it to determine how the people watching react:

[ Spoiler ]
JonathanC
Thanks everybody, for being patient this week. I think I've finally gotten caught up at work to the point where I can manage the promised "at least one post a day".
Cthulhudreams
I've split my post in half, so I can do the flavour text scene at the bar, and still get to the party (in both senses of the word) with a minimum of faffing around time wise. When the crash bar scene is over I'll say he drives to the party.

If thats not okay with you, just tell me.

I did the numbers in character because its important, and to give you a realistic impression of what I actually need to get paid to pad my lifestyle. If you are envisaging paying us less than that, give me a heads up OOC sooner rather than later so I can try and think what to do about it (get work on the side?)
JonathanC
It's likely that you'll get more than one gig per month, so it's doubtful that lifestyle costs will get too out of control.
Fuchs
Party picture

Fuchs
Carroway (and others) watching Dancer
(Probably best fitting to copy the link into Carroway's post)
Fuchs
Carroway casting the "Pink Cotton Candy Wave".
(I used Fog as a base, so it may look a bit strange).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012