Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruiting for an experiment
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
JonathanC
It's been quite a while...to be honest, as much fun as this has been, and as much as I hate to pull the plug on this, I really do think this is time. As experiments go, well...I did learn a lot about running play by post games. I take a lot of responsibility for the slowdowns here due to scheduling problems on my end, and what I learned most is that GM delays absolutely kill this sort of thing...once you lose momentum, it's really hard to get it back.

Also, if I had it to do all over again, I'd have prepared some maps/diagrams to illustrate things (the building location, the sewer maps, etc.) That said, I think that this has conclusively proven that I don't really have what's necessary to successfully run a game like this play by post. You guys have been awesome players to put up with me this long, though. I really appreciate it, and if we're all resolved to bring things to a close, I can resolve any plot questions you might have had.
Glyph
Hey, don't feel too bad. Real life happens. Actually, games that get through an entire adventure are more the exception than the rule here, and this one went longer than most. I appreciate the effort you put into this, and I'll also give a shout out for Fuchs, who did all of those incredible character renders.

Dancer turned out well, although it's always interesting to see how a character does when translated from a set of stats and background into a game. I never thought that a character with a mix of face, entertainer, and combat abilities would wind up being insecure about her role in the team, but that's how she turned out, and it was interesting to roleplay. Actually, the character interactions really made it fun - just the right mix of disfunction. smile.gif
Sir_Psycho
No problem. I've probably got to focus on my studies anyway. Also, Blackie was my first attempt at an SR4 character, so he was a pretty rubbish build.

Although, I'd like to say thanks for running the game. It was a pretty interesting introduction to the LA scene, and I think it was well portrayed (and that compliment goes to our cast of runners, too).

Cheers.
Fuchs
Yep, the character interaction was a lot of fun - a big part of it is owed to the setting chosen by you, Jonathan. L.A. is different, and has a unique charm. Thanks a lot! And of course to the diverse runner characters of the players - thanks as well!

First time I made a hacker, so the character wasn't optimised either.
JonathanC
I'm glad you guys liked L.A....I definitely think it was the "keeper" of the two cities detailed in Corporate Enclaves, as Neo-Tokyo seems kinda bland. Those renders were awesome, and definitely impressed upon me the value of visual aids for a game like this. I'm certainly hoping to do a lot more SR gaming in the future, so I should be around Dumpshock when I'm not at work.
Cthulhudreams
frown.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012