Full Version: OOC: Matrix Misfits
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Dashifen
That's why I asked smile.gif
Lindt
Just making a copy of the existing one.
Com B/R+ rating of burner (TN 4)
05 03 09 07 05 11 03 04 02 02 09 03 04 (8 sucesses) Will be done in the morning.

So whos left? When we gonna get this show on the road?
Grey
Let me message the one remaining person and see whats up with her.
Shockwave_IIc
@Grey Whats was your final on the sat link being unable to be traced?

Future note: When i do my matrix wonder im gonna go through..
All 7 NAN member states, the 4 Russian ones, and to finnish Jamaica and then the Vatican city (thought it would be funny).
All are Tn 2's to logon and to redirect datatrail.
Grey
Ok, but keep in mind that if you get any security tally built up on them, the tally follows you.

As far as sats go, they add +2 to the TN to trace you, but its still possible.
Shockwave_IIc
QUOTE (Grey @ Jan 30 2004, 09:55 PM)
Ok, but keep in mind that if you get any security tally built up on them, the tally follows you.

As far as sats go, they add +2 to the TN to trace you, but its still possible.

Not a problem, not excepting that much of a tally. The highest security (5 times to respell that!!) is Vatican at 6.

44 dice rolled vs a 10 say 8 get a 6 half will get the needed 4. A tally of 4 if unlucky maybe a 5. Thats fine, just have go in ready with the blazing guns and last to arrive so i don't put it straight to passive biggrin.gif

As for the sat links i'll give it a miss then, +2 Tn's to trace traded for by -2 to reaction. No thanks not considering what i'll be doing

[EDIT]
@ Grey hope im not causig to much work for you, with all the ideas im throwing around biggrin.gif
Grey
Not a problem at all. Just keeping me on my toes, which is needed. I'm not a matrix guru by any means, I just like the concept of it all.
Dashifen
Any more players coming to join the fun, Grey, or are we three it?
Grey
Raiko should have her character done by late tonight. I'm gunna cap the game off at four.
Dashifen
<Mr. Burns Voice>Excellent</Mr. Burns Voice>
Lindt
Ok. *stops game advancement with amble chatter between charcters* hey look... role playing!
Raiko
I've finally sent my character to Grey, sorry I don't realise that I was actually holding up the game.

I hadn't been looking at this thread or the IC thread while I was starting my character as I didn't want to be influenced by the scenario. So I just looked at the original character generation thread.

I was hoping to post in character while I was at work, to introduce my character, but I'm much busier than expected today.

I'll post from home tonight, as I live in the UK this shouldn't be too late for most of you.

My character is called Karl, his Street / Persona name is Maelstrom.

BTW as I've already mentioned to Grey I'm a "him" not a "her". biggrin.gif

Grey
embarrassed.gif
Grey
And just to let you know, once Raiko gets her IC post made, I want this game to go foward. I know there was a bunch of lag and I'm sorry to you players for the delay. We've got the group back together now and I'm ready to start kicking your asses. I mean... having fun. vegm.gif
Raiko
Once again sorry for the delay.

Karl / Maelstrom is a 15 year old white human, standing 5'11" tall and very skinny, with pale skin, blond hair and blue eyes.

He has a moderate matrix addiction, and spends almost all his time there. As well as exploring the 'trix, he likes to spend his online time competing in matrix based virtual martial arts leagues, and watching on-line action simsense flicks.

His specially is matrix tracking, particularly finding people who have just assumed a new identity. He performs this feat by using Info-sortilage within SK's consumer database to find out who has suddenly taken on the consumer characteristics of the old identity. Once he's found his man he tracks them down use the Traceroute echo, and his Track complex form.

He works a lot doing this for McKay his Private Eye contact. He also tracks down runaway enemies of the gang across the road.

once Raiko gets her IC post made

ps. I'm still a "him"
Grey
Ak! Sorry, I was talking to my boss at the time I made the post and had females on the brain.
Grey
Are you all going to take the same RTG jumps to make it harder for you to be traced, or are you going to do them seperately? I'm not gunna make you roll for each logon attempt, just let me know where you go and I'll roll all the dice to see if you get any security tally.
Dashifen
Harder to trace = good, IMO smile.gif
Grey
Yes, but each host is more and more dice to up your security tally. And I also said that wrong. It doesn't make you harder to trace, it just makes the trace take longer to finish.
Shockwave_IIc
actually it does maker it harder to trace (sort of). each redirect datatrail makes it harder to hit you with trace programs. Relocate trace slows a trace down once it's started to lock you.

[EIDT] will post in a couple of hours. house things to do.
Grey
I'll reread the rules on that later on, but either way, I just need to know how many dice I should roll in the system test to up your security tally. I think Shockwave said something about it being near 45 dice or whatever.
Shockwave_IIc
QUOTE ( "Quoting Myself")
44 dice rolled vs a 10 say 8 get a 6 half will get the needed 4. A tally of 4 if unlucky maybe a 5. Thats fine, just have go in ready with the blazing guns and last to arrive so i don't put it straight to passive

Just before I logs on to Host's R Us I'll perform Analyze Security
The ROll: 1,2,3,3,3,4,4,4,5 Im guessing that is 8 success's.

Just so i know what my security tally is biggrin.gif
Grey
Ok, I'll roll the 44 dice for you all right now and figure out what your security tallies are. I'll assume that everyone checks their tally before going into Hosts-R-Us.

Mo: 2
Thor: 6
-Mjolnir: 5
Sys_E: (I'm not sure which mode your deck is in, so let me know what your Detection Factor is please)
Maelstorm: 4
Lindt
Im gonna assume hot? Either way, my DF is 6.
Grey
ok, your tally is currently 7.
Grey
Guys, do me a favor and tell me what you are planning to do. Are you going after the files now, or are you setting a few things up for it first? Lay out for me what you plan to do, that way I know what rolls I'll need to plan on making.
Shockwave_IIc
Looks like were going straight for the files with Mo (+1 maybe) on defence duty's
Lindt
I can tackle the files once I find them, R/W 8 +4 steath. Untill then I can break ice, I gotta a lotta hardening on my deck.
Depending on how smooth this is I may poke for paydata later.
Grey
Everyone, post me an update on what your Detection Factor is. I want to make sure my math is right.

Raiko, I need your more than others, cause you change your stats around. Each time you do that, please post what your updated Detection Factor is.
Lindt
Masking Hardware 4
Sleaze 8
DF=6

Oh, FYI, I have class till 2200 tonight, Ill post there after to get back on track.
Grey
Hey! Lindt took the edge Common Sense. I've never seen anyone take that. Well, its gunna work out nicely for you Lindt, cause I'm gunna give you some advice.

Masking of 4 is newbie.gif

Take a moment and swap the numbers around. You don't need 8 Evasion unless you are in combat, 8 Masking is much more usful.
Shockwave_IIc
Ok here's my detection Factor

Masking + Sleaze 9+9/2 =9
+1 Cos im great (ie Otaku biggrin.gif ) = 10

Question Grey if i may. Can we use hacking pool for suppression?
Grey
I prefer to use Detection Factor for it, as it makes sense if you are carrying a part of the hosts code that it could fine you easier.

Tell ya what, you can use two hacking pool or one DF to suppress crashed IC.
Shockwave_IIc
Cool it's better then saying no.

Another one. Anybody else see that probe IC?
Grey
Yeah, everyone sees it. Though you don't know what it is yet.
Lindt
Ah. Had them backwards. As long as I dont need to re code the damm chip.
I have made it a point to take the edge, cause I am known to make stupid moves every once in a while... after the 3rd dead PC I thought it was worth the points.
Grey
QUOTE (Lindt)
Ah. Had them backwards. As long as I dont need to re code the damm chip.

No problem, swap them and I'll reroll against your new DF (8 right?).
Lindt
Yeah. And apperently I can 'boost' a rating (Matrix 123) as well, so Im gonna half my Bod (4) and crank my Masking up to a crazy 12, of a temporary DF of 10.
Dashifen
Rules-fu question: to go from the green to the red host, we need to log on again, right?
Grey
Yep.
Grey
I'd like to request that everyone please download AIM and get an ID. If you already have one, then post it so I can add you to my list. Having AIM to chat about stuff makes things a LOT easier. When Raiko was making his (I remembered that time!) character, we chatted on AIM about it and he got the answers he needed a lot faster than if he had put them here and waited for a reply.

If you can't do this, well, I can't kill you for it (or can't I... vegm.gif ), but at least make an attempt at it.

My AIM ID is Grey1976
Shockwave_IIc
erm how i get AIM? and im on msn messinger normally. address is the same as email
Grey
Go to download.com and search for AIM, or go to aim.com and download it from there. Either way works.
Shockwave_IIc
done and mines (drum roll please)

Shockwave iic

Ta da!!
Lindt
Morris2643
And Im getting attacked by trace ice on a green host allready? Damm... these people arnt nice...
Dashifen
when I'm on aim, I'm dashifen (duh) but I'm not often there. If somethign pops up, I'll log on smile.gif
Grey
QUOTE (Lindt)
And Im getting attacked by trace ice on a green host allready? Damm... these people arnt nice...

You carry your security tally from other hosts. You already had enough tally when you showed up to set it off.
Dashifen
The big reason I see not to run a search for any files or information on the Green host is that it'll raise my (or any one else's) security tally now prior to getting to the Red host. Once we get there, we're going to need every little bit we can get on our tallies, I imagine. 'Course, if there's anything important out here in the Green, we'll need to get it eventually. Comments?
Lindt
Well lets get to this red host asap.
Grey
You're going to need to do a Locate Host to find the Red server. Keep in mind that only one of you needs to find it and the rest can follow that person. It would be a decent way of keeping the security tally down.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012