Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Matrix Misfits
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Grey
In order to compile the SK, you'd need to do it on a Red host to have the power to run the compile. You aren't even sure if it would work or not.

As far as a price tag... there isn't one. Something this advanced is priceless.
Lindt
I kinda figured Id need a mainframe to do it. I wasent even considering running my evaluation program on it, Id be afraid it would 'div by 0' the evalu. program =p
Shockwave_IIc
QUOTE (Grey)
As far as a price tag... there isn't one. Something this advanced is priceless.

thought as much the question was more retoriqcal (im so shit at spelling)
Dashifen
What is the gang's name anyway? Have we ever given it a name?
Grey
Brain Eaters. The techno-junky gang.
Dashifen
Is the address within an hour's walk or do I have to get Ed to get the truck runnin' again?
Grey
Its within walking distance. Just a few blocks away.
Dashifen
cool ... I'll make an IC post later -- I'm off to practice now.
Grey
Lindt: can you give me a rundown of this request you put out on Shadowland? I don't recall the details.
Grey
Lindt: Give me a crash test for jumping the curb, then a ram test.
Dashifen
Hello to the clockwork lime -- the other mechanical citrus fruit!
Lindt
05 01 and 01 02
And with an off road handeling of 8 (UUG!) I fail the crash test... and would have pretty well trashed the car if I had gotten to the bike.
Grey
Everyone give me a damage resistance test at 4M. Impact armor helps, no combat pool.
Grey
smokin.gif rotfl.gif smokin.gif extinguish.gif
Lindt
03 02 01 03 10 and 05 from the karma pool

Me thinks Ed over reacted?
Grey
Ed takes a light wound from getting banged around.
Shockwave_IIc
QUOTE (Grey @ Mar 26 2004, 08:11 PM)
Everyone give me a damage resistance test at 4M.  Impact armor helps, no combat pool.

Well i won't be bothering with that roll. I is knowing that outcome allready!!

4M it is for me then!! biggrin.gif

[EDIT]
Actually i better, off chance i roll a 1....

3. Well at least it didn't become a serious!!
Lindt
Unreal... rotfl.gif embarrassed.gif
Grey
About 25% of the food is unsalvagable. The rest can be picked up off the street with dents and scratches. So instead of a month's supply, you've only got three weeks or so.
Grey
And just so we can get things moving along, I'm rolling for Raiko and Dash.

Mealstorm takes a M wound and Thor takes L
Dashifen
08 05 04 04 #D:4 TN:3 H#:8 S:4 for Rick

Edit: N/M didn't see that Grey had rolled for me. I was at work smile.gif Was jason the kid that ran away? I can't find the name in the IC thread.

Edit x2: Grey -- you using my system to track our damage or should we keep track of it?
A Clockwork Lime
<leans over and waves> Hi. biggrin.gif Gotta love chaos and overreacting orks.
Grey
You should have seen the look on my face when I first read that post. Oh my god that was funny! I started to choke on my Mountain Dew!
Dashifen
Scared me shitless with the gunshots and shit. I thought the tribe was getting hit smile.gif Oh well -- so much for an action scene! I don't really have anything to add to the IC thread at the moment, so don't wait on me.
A Clockwork Lime
That was the intent. wink.gif I was hoping Grey wouldn't let it out of the bag too soon. I thought it would have been humorous to see you all bursting in with the gang ready for action, just to find a bunch of kids sitting on a couch watching a movie. biggrin.gif
Shockwave_IIc
My first thought was WTF!! we didn't get traced so how could they of found us!!
Grey
QUOTE (A Clockwork Lime @ Mar 26 2004, 04:09 PM)
That was the intent. wink.gif  I was hoping Grey wouldn't let it out of the bag too soon.  I thought it would have been humorous to see you all bursting in with the gang ready for action, just to find a bunch of kids sitting on a couch watching a movie. biggrin.gif

I couldn't resist. He crashes the car trying to get at the "bad guys", I just had to throw it in his face right then and there! rotfl.gif
A Clockwork Lime
I'm still trying to figure out what his goal was there. Let's see, let's destroy our only car AND destroy the only other vehicle in the area because, if something *is* going on inside, obviously having an escape vehicle would be a... uhh... bad idea? I dunno. biggrin.gif (Just kidding, I understand the overreaction.) wink.gif

Too funny all around, though. smile.gif Oh, and just as a side note, don't worry too much about the lost groceries. wink.gif
Lindt
*bows* thank you, thank you. I trashed our wheels AND a weeks worth of food AND the 4 of us. But Ed thought someone was screwing with our kids. Bad idea, as you can tell?
Grey
Ok, not start posting IC damnit. What just happened should lead to some great dialog.
A Clockwork Lime
*bows* thank you, thank you. I trashed our wheels AND a weeks worth of food AND the 4 of us. But Ed thought someone was screwing with our kids. Bad idea, as you can tell?

Only for those unlucky enough to be sitting next to him at the moment, apparently. biggrin.gif

Anyway, while waiting for the dialog and whatnot, here's my Biotech rolls for all four of 'em (assuming no one else picks it up as previously mentioned):

Diagnosis Computer (Rating 3) + 3 Task Pool Dice. No idea what the TN is.
Ed: 3 4 2 10 4 5
Mo: 9 4 5 5 2 8
Rick: 5 1 5 4 2 5
Mael: 3 5 3 2 2 4
Grey
Surprisingly, the medkit supplies will last and there are still leftovers.
Shockwave_IIc
Rolls the might one body dice to see if the arm will heal on its own...

Thrilling a 1. Guess thats no then.
Raiko
Here goes my two body dice: 04, 02

Raiko
@Grey

Are you using the M&M wounding rules? Does the fact that I didn't get enough successes to stage down the damage, but did roll higher than a 3, mean that I the damage is only bruising?

Grey
After Jason's speach, Ed does think that he may want to back down a bit. After all, with all the tracks on the lawn, if there really was any problems, the Brain Eaters would have surely done something.
Grey
@Clockwork Lime

Give me a perception check
A Clockwork Lime
Perception: 1 4 2 3 2 8 1 16 2 4
Grey
We'll pause for now and let everyone else get a chance to post.
A Clockwork Lime
You evil fucking bastard. mad.gif Easy come, easy go I suppose... <exasperated sigh>
Grey
What? You ain't dead. biggrin.gif
A Clockwork Lime
Yeah, but I spent the equivalence of a good 5 Karma on all those toys. <primadonna tears>
Lindt
*grumble* sure sure, blow all my stuff up... leave the decker screwed =p
A Clockwork Lime
Who needed a multi-million SK anyway?
Dashifen
Grey -- I'm going to be stupid and do something crazy. I'd appreciate it if you don't blow me up, but if you want to injure me further you can smile.gif

Okay -- so action was kinda dumb, but awesome in a jumping out a window as a building explodes kind of way. Should have probably just said that the p-sec was in my pocket but this was much cooler.

So, Athletics Running test to get to Rick's room: 08 05 05 03 #D:4 TN:8 H#:8 S:1
He needs to default for athletics to body so the TN is 8 giving him 1 success and an effective quickness of 4 x2 = 8m/turn.

Athletics Jumping test to get him out of the room and (hopefully) over to the shed:
11 07 05 04 #D:4 TN:8 H#:11 S:1

Karma pool to reroll those failures (I don't want to die!): 07 04 03 #D:3 TN:8 H#:7 S:0
Damn! No more successes for me.

Body roll for damage after "falling" for probably around 7 or 8 meters (usually around 4 meters per story in a building IIRC): 03 02 02 01

I don't know what the TN for that would be, but I doubt that I got it. Sigh. Rick might have just bought it but hopefully the p-sec makes it through for you guys.
Grey
Btw, for those of you that didn't figure it out, the bomb was my April Fools Joke. rotfl.gif

I can't believe that no one questioned that!
Dashifen
I hate you.

wink.gif
Lindt
Ditto
A Clockwork Lime
<just snickers a bit>
Grey
Sorry guys... but to make it up to you, I'll have some juicy stuff coming up real soon. I'll be gone this weekend, but I should have something for you on Monday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012