Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Matrix Misfits
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Dashifen
*raises hand* oooo oooo, pick me! pick me!!
Shockwave_IIc
Ok, im back with my own connection and all. (at last) so if this is still going im in.

Erm. Was going to attemped to Block system operation, but since the victim gets a free sensor test to work out who did it, i'll pass and brave where this is going.
Lindt
Ooo ooo me me too!
Shockwave_IIc
Dice? thats these little cubed things?

Grabbs lucky Bettletech dice....(yeah right)
Ettiquette 5
Grey
From her speech you were able to figure out that they use a high ammount of Black IC to defend their servers. They also have excelent Trace IC as well.
Shockwave_IIc
Oh lovly,

**Snuggles right up next to the neuralfilter......
Neural filter is my friend**
Grey
Lindt, I didn't even know you were playing. I haven't seen one post from you, nor have I received a character sheet. Whats the deal?
Lindt
OH... sorry, I thought this was a call for new players. Ignore the man behind the bushes... embarrassed.gif
Grey
What I'm doing now is trying to see who my current players are.

Once I know that, I'll be calling for some more players, so keep checking back. I'm giving my players till the end of the week to get their butts in gear. After that I'll open the game back up to a few people.
Grey
Lindt, go ahead and put a character together. Follow the guidelines you'll find if the I've got an idea thread.

If you have any questions, let me know.
Elfie
I'm still here, but not anywhere near my character, so It'll be another week before I can really pick up again...
Shockwave_IIc
Ignore nothing to see here. Move along..........
Grey
QUOTE (Shockwave_IIc)
And with that she disappears back into the matrix at large. Floating around till something sparks off an idea, to which she heads off to do an info search on program specs for the ones mentioned.....

She actually didn't mention any of the programs by name, just told you that they had IC that did certain things. At this point I'd like to see you back out of the matrix and back into the real world with everyone else so that we can get some group role play going.

I'm going to be introducing some new characters soon, as we've lost a few people. Right now, as far as I can tell Shockwave_IIc, Dashifen, and Elfie are the only players left.
Shockwave_IIc
Post edited
Dashifen
In order to let you line up the different times for the matrix search I did and the conversation that Mo had, I just put Rick in limbo until the new players can get up to speed. He'll be happy there sipping soy-caff and watching trid until we're ready to get up to speed again.

Also, like I said in my game: my laptop's power cord broke so I can only check the boards from work. That means my posting frequency might be down until the replacement comes in.

-- Dash --
Grey
No problem Dash. One thing those, please remove your signature from the IC posts.
Ditaki
Could I play too, if there's an open space? P'ease?
Dashifen
QUOTE (Grey)
No problem Dash. One thing those, please remove your signature from the IC posts.

I keep forgetting to do that if I use the "Fast Reply" option. Oh well.....
Grey
QUOTE (Ditaki)
Could I play too, if there's an open space? P'ease?

Message me with a character concept.

The way that I am picking players is by looking at the concepts (good backgrounds help too) and seeing how would make the best addition to the game. As of now, I'm looking for 2 players.
Grey
Ok everyone, of the old group, only Dash, Elfie, and Shockwave are left. I have two open slots. Anyone interested in submitting a character (this includes those of you who messed me with a concept), put together a character sheet with a complete background and email it to me. I'll give you two days to send me a sheet, after that I'm closing the game. My address is metis76(at)yahoo.com
Shockwave_IIc
Has this died? or are Dash and Elfie waiting for other people just like me? Grey you had any appilcants?
Grey
Elfie is out. Right now the only remaining players from the start of the game are Shockwave and Dash. Lindt sent me a character and it looks good, but I haven't had a lot of time to look at it yet. Raiko is also sending me a sheet, but I haven't got it yet.

Lindt, I'll look over the sheet tomorrow morning (Monday). For now, go ahead and make an IC post to introduce yourself. Assume that you are already a member of the tribe, so you all know eachother. You just didn't get invovled with the game yet because you were busy teaching classes to the younger kids.
Dashifen
I'm still here. I'll beat Elfie for you, too, since I know where he lives and all smile.gif
Lindt
Ok. If you want Ill send a physical and matrix discription (which I managed to forget).
Grey
That stuff you can just post IC
Shockwave_IIc
biggrin.gif yipping game on!!
Lindt
W00t. I just love the sound of this game. Its so... funkey.
Grey
Good to hear. I'm looking foward to when things get funkier. vegm.gif
Shockwave_IIc
Before i try this and find out i can't.

Mo doesn't have any sat links herself. but what is to stop her from say jacking in normally then hacking somewhere that does, piggy backing their signal to wherever, then making her way the target from there?

Cos if a company/Host use's sat links then they would have there own satlink utillaty (so i borrow there link) granted I have a bandwidth of 0, but since im not intending to download/ upload files and Otaku have an icon bandwidth of zero.....( but since i can't find the pg ref i might be pulling that last part out of my arse)

Or is there something i missed?
Lindt
Seeing as the only means I can use is a direct connection, I think we should just go for it and supress the hell out of the trace ICE.
Dashifen
Nah -- anyone can use a sat link, we might just have to find a few of them. The other option, is to go to some place other than the tribe hq and then jack in. Since we don't need decks, though, that could get a little obvious. I suppose, if we want to, we could go in guns blazing and see what we find.

I'm all for the ever popular attempt to validate a security level account, though. Then we get to do all sorts of fun stuff, and the system thinks we're legitimate smile.gif
Grey
Lindt, I just sent you a message with some questions with your character. Get back to me on that please.

About the SatLink, yeah, you can ride along with a signal, but if you want to fool Trace IC, you'd be better off doing a Redirect Datatrail operation.
Dashifen
I thought if you got onto FreeSat, Trace IC couldn't find you past that.
Grey
Really? I'll have to read up on that, I'm not familiar with how the Sats work.
Dashifen
I'm not sure either, my old GM did it that way, but as I've learned the rules better for myself, I've found that he house ruled a lot -- probably on the fly -- and then just remained internally consistent for his games.
Grey
Well, from a realistic point of view, things wouldn't work that way. When the signal redirects you through the satalite, there is a log of that happening. Trace IC looks for those logs and backtracks them. I'd say you could still get traced, but it would be harder to do so.
Shockwave_IIc
QUOTE (Dashifen)
I'm all for the ever popular attempt to validate a security level account, though. Then we get to do all sorts of fun stuff, and the system thinks we're legitimate

Same here just that trying to get a superuser account (which lets face it is what you need) your at +6 Tn's to the test. SO thats Tn's of 21 before deductions. I can't handle those tn's. I thought about one/ two of us do the file hacking, and someone else with a stealthy killer (thats me. 9D stealth7 Ic only) nail Ic for evertone's benefit racking up my own Securtiy and perhaps forcing a host shut down (just to panic the Sysops)

QUOTE (Dashifen)
I thought if you got onto FreeSat, Trace IC couldn't find you past that.

Thats what i thought, hence why i brought it up
Dashifen
Yeah, that attack form beats mine notworthy.gif . I'm not much for file editing but I'm good at searching for them. Then, perhaps Mo can keep the IC off our backs, I'll find the files within the host and then someone else can perform the edits?
Shockwave_IIc
hmm team work.
Lindt
yeah, I have a 8D attack and a 6M stealth 4 around, but Eds more of the stealth type. We can defintly put up a fight if we need to.
Whats it take to hack a superuser account anyway?
Dashifen
It's a control test which can be helped by a validate utility or a validate specialization on your channel. It's it's +2 TN to get a security account and +6 to get a superuse (IIRC). If you can pull off getting on, though, you're considered a legitimate icon. So, you don't get a security tally. The only way to really combat such a thing is to have security deckers that pay attention to things that might be strange and investigate (like when that new user account named IOWNU starts turning off all of the video camers wink.gif).
Lindt
It can be done...
FYI, a turn of events has changed me into a decker, I hope to be ready by friday to crack the glacier >=)
Shockwave_IIc
Is this one of those in-but-out of character discussions??

He's an idea.
Would it not be possible (ie easyier) to find/ hack the access of an existing super user and borrow their account?

[EDIT]
I got it wrong, My IC killer is only a 9S stealth 7 frown.gif

Damn im needing one more success. eek.gif
Dashifen
Honesstly, I'm not sure how the best way would be to find another account -- not a strategy I've come across in my games. Grey?
Lindt
Im thinking this is the beef of the matter, just simplified for english.
And as a future note, I really REALLY hate the deck creation rules...
Grey
QUOTE (Dashifen)
Honesstly, I'm not sure how the best way would be to find another account -- not a strategy I've come across in my games. Grey?

What? You expect me to hand out the answers? wink.gif

Well, ok then. You'd need to find out who the superusers are. Which means you'd have to hack the system.
Dashifen
Wasn't looking for a strategy, just more if you that that it was possible. smile.gif
Lindt
Why do we NEED a superuser, a securety account will do what we need and is a little easier to make.
Dashifen
security accounts don't get access to all operations, just a lot of them. So, a superuser gives you god-like powers, while a securty account gives you demigod-like powers wink.gif. I'd be willing to give a shot at a security account, I think. If it doesn't work, we can always try to fight our way in.

Grey: From my search earlier, did I learn whether you can connect directly to the Red host, or does one need to move through the Green one to get to the Red one (kind of a reverse choke point, I guess you might say)?
Grey
You have to go through the green host. Also remember that security tallies from one host carry over to the next.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012